Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14810 Oct 3, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you net Zit? I think you two will hit it off!!
I haven't had the pleasure, who is he?
jestr

New Zealand

#14811 Oct 3, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know what you think evolution is, but we are not going to sprout wings, any more than you are going to become a Jesus Zombie. Kingkong is not primate, he is like the gods, pure fantasy. You are primate, denying it will not change that.
Jesus Zombie? Kingkongdom sure doesn't make you respectful of other people's beliefs LOL. Just coz you an evolutionist doesn't give you the right to go around calling people primates, this guy, so rude :P

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#14812 Oct 4, 2013
jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Zombie? Kingkongdom sure doesn't make you respectful of other people's beliefs LOL. Just coz you an evolutionist doesn't give you the right to go around calling people primates, this guy, so rude :P
Evoution is a fact, if you have evidence otherwise, why not present it instead of denying the facts? Why doe your cult enjoy lying so much?
What is respectful about a creationist cult that regards all atheists as fools and claims that all scientists are wrong?
Make no mistake, you're just simple liars who love to play victim when challenged to prove their rubbish that you lie about.
jestr

Tonga

#14813 Oct 4, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Evoution is a fact, if you have evidence otherwise, why not present it instead of denying the facts? Why doe your cult enjoy lying so much?
What is respectful about a creationist cult that regards all atheists as fools and claims that all scientists are wrong?
Make no mistake, you're just simple liars who love to play victim when challenged to prove their rubbish that you lie about.
Evolution - Fact, Cult, liars, rubbish. LOL Do you hear yourself, so because evolution is fact to you, everyone who believes otherwise is what? Liar and fools? You so mean LOL

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#14814 Oct 4, 2013
jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Jesus Zombie.

It is Christainity which practices the old Pagan rituals of cannibalism, the eating of the dead human flesh of one who was admired or honored.

When a leader or a warrior died, the Pagans ate his flesh to assume his strengths.

Next, the drinking of blood is vampirism, designed to awaken one from death, and grant immortality.

And will you arise from your grave and join your Zombie Jesus an admired and beloved leader, to live forever?

Christains are really Pagans, Cannibals, Vampires and wanta be Zombies!

I am not an evolutionist. In fact, I know almost nothing about it.

I am an animal, a primate, and a human. It is what all humans are, you can't escape it. It is our classification, we must fall into one of these three categories, "animal, vegetable or mineral". If you look up the word's actual meanings, they may be quite different than you now believe.

Now if you want respect for your beliefs, you would have to get some that are less insane. In the holy buybull, you have a god who doesn't want any man with less than perfect danglies(genitalia), coming near his altars.
You have a god who when angry, will make you eat your children.
You have a god who thinks that, insects have only four legs.
You have a god who is made happy when two hundred foreskins are given to him.
You have a god who loves the smell of burning flesh, and he does sometimes require that people be offered as sacrifice to him.
And the only happiness in the entire buybull seems to be the return of a prodigal son and bashing babies heads against rocks.

You will garner no respect in these threads.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14816 Oct 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't had the pleasure, who is he?
Ezdzit? See for yourself in the pages proceeding my introduction! No friend of Israel or it's gods ... that's for sure.

Texas, USA

#14817 Oct 4, 2013
jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
Courtesy can be expected but respect has to be earned. The fact that we are primates gives us the right to call people primates. You cannot stigmatize a pot for calling a kettle black! Whether it sticks, stains or simply bounces off ... reality is what we sling here and you'd be surprised how few people want to get any on them.

Texas, USA

#14818 Oct 4, 2013
jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution - Fact, Cult, liars, rubbish. LOL Do you hear yourself, so because evolution is fact to you, everyone who believes otherwise is what? Liar and fools? You so mean LOL
Liar and fools? Debatable. Ignorant? No doubt.

<having said that I got to thinking ...

the facts are readily accessible and crystal clear ... to remain ignorant in such a climate takes a willful act. To be willfully ignorant is foolish. Likewise, to know the facts but preach the fantasy ... that makes one a liar. Skeptic is harsh sometimes but remains a Truth-sayer. Truth-sayers always sound mean>

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#14819 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>I don't know what you think evolution is, but we are not going to sprout wings, any more than you are going to become a Jesus Zombie. Kingkong is not primate, he is like the gods, pure fantasy. You are primate, denying it will not change that.
LOL Evolution theory says dinosaurs sprouted wings and became a new species called birds. If you're saying humans can't also sprout wings and evolve into a new species, it's you who really doesn't understand evolution theory, bubba.
jestr

Tonga

#14821 Oct 4, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Courtesy can be expected but respect has to be earned. The fact that we are primates gives us the right to call people primates. You cannot stigmatize a pot for calling a kettle black! Whether it sticks, stains or simply bounces off ... reality is what we sling here and you'd be surprised how few people want to get any on them.
That view of respect is funny LOL, in my culture you dont have to fully respect a man for him/her get a little respect. So again my friend, whether one believes evolution is true or not, you cant go around calling people primates. would a chick be impressed if you said her primate features are very pleasing to the eye? LOL
jestr

Tonga

#14822 Oct 4, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Evolution theory says dinosaurs sprouted wings and became a new species called birds. If you're saying humans can't also sprout wings and evolve into a new species, it's you who really doesn't understand evolution theory, bubba.
LOL

Texas, USA

#14824 Oct 4, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution theory says certain dinosaurs evolved wings and took advantage of an unexploited (by dinosaurs) ecological niche ... the air. Human Beings are perfected adapted to their environment and where they are not, they adapted the environment to suit them (thanks to their highly evolved brains). We are unlikely to "sprout wings" except in Heaven, of course, when we become angels.

Texas, USA

#14825 Oct 4, 2013
jestr wrote:
<quoted text>
That view of respect is funny LOL, in my culture you dont have to fully respect a man for him/her get a little respect. So again my friend, whether one believes evolution is true or not, you cant go around calling people primates. would a chick be impressed if you said her primate features are very pleasing to the eye? LOL
At the most basic levels of Human interaction, respect and common courtesies would be indistinguishable (I would think). If she were an Anthropologist or something she might!

Earth,TX

#14826 Oct 4, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you who doesn't understand, we have already invented our flying machines and therefore we have thwarted any need for humans to spend a few million years on evolving wings.

Earth,TX

#14827 Oct 4, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution theory says certain dinosaurs evolved wings and took advantage of an unexploited (by dinosaurs) ecological niche ... the air. Human Beings are perfected adapted to their environment and where they are not, they adapted the environment to suit them (thanks to their highly evolved brains). We are unlikely to "sprout wings" except in Heaven, of course, when we become angels.
We?
Those angels are really vampires. Seriously, one is no more believable than the other, and the Christains are at least following the protocol to become vampires. They drink the blood of their "risen from the dead" Rabbi, and then they too will come back from the dead, to "live?" an eternal and immortal life.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14828 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>Yeah, Jesus Zombie.
It is Christainity which practices the old Pagan rituals of cannibalism, the eating of the dead human flesh of one who was admired or honored.
When a leader or a warrior died, the Pagans ate his flesh to assume his strengths.
Next, the drinking of blood is vampirism, designed to awaken one from death, and grant immortality.
And will you arise from your grave and join your Zombie Jesus an admired and beloved leader, to live forever?
Christains are really Pagans, Cannibals, Vampires and wanta be Zombies!
I am not an evolutionist. In fact, I know almost nothing about it.
I am an animal, a primate, and a human. It is what all humans are, you can't escape it. It is our classification, we must fall into one of these three categories, "animal, vegetable or mineral". If you look up the word's actual meanings, they may be quite different than you now believe.
Now if you want respect for your beliefs, you would have to get some that are less insane. In the holy buybull, you have a god who doesn't want any man with less than perfect danglies(genitalia), coming near his altars.
You have a god who when angry, will make you eat your children.
You have a god who thinks that, insects have only four legs.
You have a god who is made happy when two hundred foreskins are given to him.
You have a god who loves the smell of burning flesh, and he does sometimes require that people be offered as sacrifice to him.
And the only happiness in the entire buybull seems to be the return of a prodigal son and bashing babies heads against rocks.
You will garner no respect in these threads.
In John 6:48-58 Christians are required to eat Jesus' body and drink his body to be saved. This is also mentioned in the OT. Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips" It's a sin to even speak the name of another god. This is probably what happened to the body, they stole it and ate it.

Texas, USA

#14829 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>We?
Those angels are really vampires. Seriously, one is no more believable than the other, and the Christains are at least following the protocol to become vampires. They drink the blood of their "risen from the dead" Rabbi, and then they too will come back from the dead, to "live?" an eternal and immortal life.
Ancient Man was so anxious to "sprout wings" the 'bots had to invent Angels!

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#14830 Oct 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>In John 6:48-58 Christians are required to eat Jesus' body and drink his body to be saved. This is also mentioned in the OT. Psalm 16:4 "Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips" It's a sin to even speak the name of another god. This is probably what happened to the body, they stole it and ate it.
IDIOT! You read but just don't understand the bible. You seriously think God said EAT JESUS! I know you guys hate religion, but use real facts.

Texas, USA

#14831 Oct 4, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
IDIOT! You read but just don't understand the bible. You seriously think God said EAT JESUS! I know you guys hate religion, but use real facts.
First off ... nobody hates religion! Without religion you wouldn't have ... er ... we would need ... hmmmm ... it would be really bad because ... uh ... <somebody help me out here>

Second ... Jesus, the MAN himself said "this is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat" ... so, I think we understand that just fine!

Third ... The Catholics say some magic words over crackers and grape juice (wine? I know the Baptists use grape juice, they being so much less sinful than the Catholics)... literally and magically transforming them to REAL FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS!!! And if you don't believe me just ask one of 'em.

Those are real facts!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#14832 Oct 5, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to eat Jesus, not God. Did you read the scripture reference? That is what it says. Do you know what communion represents? You are symbolically eating the body of Jesus and drinking his blood. God does not approve of human sacrifice or cannibalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anxiety in America up since Donald Trump became... 2 min jonjedi 35
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 53 min TomInElPaso 46,291
News Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transge... 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 3
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 13,269
News Rick Perry Criticizes Election Of Openly Gay St... 3 hr Elizabeth1912 2
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 4 hr Tre H 21
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) 5 hr Tre H 217,512
News Man Beat 2 Transgender Women Who Tried to Enter... 12 hr Mona 40
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 hr carter county res... 25,230
More from around the web