Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14711 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13984 Aug 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:

Post #13776

Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:

Post #13963

I_see_you wrote, "<quoted text>
LOL... alright then... If that's what you really wanna believe lmao. lol... I can't stop laughing at this lol... You are seriously fighting about a definition that can be found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary lol! "

Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5

Atheist

A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds

GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.

BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.

Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime

Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable
:
The there's Zit sitting with anyone:
Zit: I never take a stance on pedophilia, but take a stance on everything else, showing my approval. I also believe time doesn't exist and that atheists don't exist.
Everyone else: Wow, I can't believe someone can be so stupid.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13985 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
First you post that the dictionary definition of "atheist" didn't really describe what you believe and you chose not to label yourself:
Post #13776
<quoted text>
Then you attack other posters for asserting that the dictionary definition of "atheist" doesn't really describe what individual atheists believe:
Post #13963
<quoted text>
Besides demonstrating that you're just another garden variety hypocrite, you're also a BAD ATHEIST per the Urban Dictionary definition # 5
Atheist
A person who believes in the absence of any supreme being or anything regarding the supernatural...There are 2 kinds
GOOD ATHEIST: A person who has read and studied thoroughly the concepts of science and religion. He/She has come to the conclusion that there is no supreme being and therefore does not believe in any god or gods. In spite of this however they are open to the concept and enjoy having mature, intellectual debates on the issue without being critical or condescending.
BAD ATHIEST: A self-involved, egotistical jackass who does not believe in a supreme being not because what they have read or studied but usually because they hate religion or religious people. They usually go out of there way to make religious people feel bad and accuse them of being close-minded while they, themselves, will not listen to any other arguments but there own. They are impossible to try to reason with because they are usually self-centered, condescending,unscientific, and downright immature. Their arguments are usually full of anti-religious cliches and therefore easy to break apart.
Religious Person: I believe in God
Good Atheist: Really? that's interesting. I don't personally but I'd love to sit down with you and discuss the issue sometime
Religious Person: I belive in God
Bad Atheist: WHAT!!!?!? You belive in God?....hahahahaha I don't believe in God I have absolute faith in science because it's completley accurate and irrefutable
:
O.k... now I can officially say that I agree with everyone else who has called you ignorant. What I believe, or how I label myself has nothing to do with the fact that you can look up the definition of Atheism, or Atheist in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and find absolutely one definition... not many lol.

Secondly... Since you know exactly what I have posted then you should obviously remember me distinctly saying that I don't label myself, so how could I be a bad Atheist???

Are you labeling me? I'm feeling labeled. Guys/Gals.. He's labeling me!

It'll be o.k.(comforting tone) When you learn to read you'll finally understand all of the big definitions in that big ole Merriam-Webster.

Location hidden

#13986 Aug 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Zit, she's the dumbest of them all.
Yeah...I'm not too fond of this one, not one bit lol.

Location hidden

#13987 Aug 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The there's Zit sitting with anyone:
Zit: I never take a stance on pedophilia, but take a stance on everything else, showing my approval. I also believe time doesn't exist and that atheists don't exist.
Everyone else: Wow, I can't believe someone can be so stupid.
That sounds about spot on there.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13988 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's circular reasoning and it's a logical fallacy.
Again, duration is the period of existence between a CAUSE and EFFECT. Time, on the other hand, is the mental construct humans invented to MEASURE the duration, i.e. period of existence, between cause and effect.
Keep repeating yourself. Maybe some one other than you and your mommy will say your brilliant.

Tell us how 32 virgins in the after life are made possible by your notion of a mental construct, bubba.
LCN Llin

United States

#13989 Aug 10, 2013
America seems solid behind President Obama and VP Biden on questions of theology.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13990 Aug 10, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum Mechanics, which was unknown when Whitehead was writing, has refuted causality quite well. Whitehead, although he did some good work with Russell, had a metaphysics that was simply silly.
Au contraire.

Concepts and theories about the universe at the quantum level were first introduced by Hindu scholars and documented in Vedic literature beginning in about 5,000 BC, many milleniums before Whitehead developed his Theory of Actual Occasion and wrote “Process and Reality”.

Causality requires that a potency be actualized by something already actual. For any event to occur it must first have the potential to occur, and then have that potential actualized. Quantum mechanics merely describes what takes place at the quantum level. It makes no reference to causes and has never refuted the principle of causality. To say that it has is just false.

BTW Quantum theory is just chock full of "silly" metaphysical assumptions and implications, like the theory about the "God particle" for example.......(heeheeheeheehee .....)

United States of America

#13991 Aug 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, Pomona Athetard has his sock puppet on again.
Ol' Septic is such a charmer, isn't he?

I'm guessing his toxicity levels are getting close to reaching critical mass at which point he and his puppet master will finally swallowed up in a black hole and recycled into something useful, like compost...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13992 Aug 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lookie, Pomona Athetard has his sock puppet on again.
proofless piece of sh*t.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13993 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ol' Septic is such a charmer, isn't he?
I'm guessing his toxicity levels are getting close to reaching critical mass at which point he and his puppet master will finally swallowed up in a black hole and recycled into something useful, like compost...
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying about and you instantly stop being dishonest immmoral idiot.

United States of America

#13994 Aug 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need to do is prove the god you're lying about and you instantly stop being dishonest immmoral idiot.
Already asked and answered, bubba.

Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder?

Location hidden

#13996 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Already asked and answered, bubba.
Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder?
Not answered at all lol. How on earth do you feel like you have answered creation and life after death with "God did it" and "We will go to heaven or hell." ??????? There is no proof that "god" exists, and there is no proof that heaven or hell exists.

Yesss yessss I know... there is also no solid proof that the big bang started it all either. That would mean that neither party has the definite answer so stop claiming that you do.

However, science has a much more trustworthy opinion on the subject.

United States of America

#14000 Aug 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Not answered at all lol. How on earth do you feel like you have answered creation and life after death with "God did it" and "We will go to heaven or hell." ??????? There is no proof that "god" exists, and there is no proof that heaven or hell exists.
Yesss yessss I know... there is also no solid proof that the big bang started it all either. That would mean that neither party has the definite answer so stop claiming that you do.
However, science has a much more trustworthy opinion on the subject.
Blah blah blah blah...hand waving, red herrings, straw men ad nauseum infinitum

LOL.....such a chatty inane little sock puppet, bubba.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#14002 Aug 10, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you atheists always want a complicated answer?
Sometimes 'magic' just won't cut it.

Texas, USA

#14003 Aug 10, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah blah...hand waving, red herrings, straw men ad nauseum infinitum
LOL.....such a chatty inane little sock puppet, bubba.
Pot ... meet kettle.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#14004 Aug 10, 2013
Show the link where atheists claim they are the most hateful people on earth. It's not us flying planes into buildings or killing billions of the centuries by hindering medical and scientific advancement... That would go to your ilk yes?

Yes :)
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>They also agree on being the most hateful people on the planet. You left that out.

Texas, USA

#14005 Aug 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
O.k... now I can officially say that I agree with everyone else who has called you ignorant. What I believe, or how I label myself has nothing to do with the fact that you can look up the definition of Atheism, or Atheist in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and find absolutely one definition... not many lol.
Secondly... Since you know exactly what I have posted then you should obviously remember me distinctly saying that I don't label myself, so how could I be a bad Atheist???
Are you labeling me? I'm feeling labeled. Guys/Gals.. He's labeling me!
It'll be o.k.(comforting tone) When you learn to read you'll finally understand all of the big definitions in that big ole Merriam-Webster.
Yeah. Dividing Humanity up into thousands of conflicting religious sects just ain't good enough for Zit. You'd think that would be enough hatred and bloodshed to satisfy even the most primitive godbot. He's got to subdivide the small, peaceful percentage who have managed to extricate themselves from the muck.

Texas, USA

#14006 Aug 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Show the link where atheists claim they are the most hateful people on earth. It's not us flying planes into buildings or killing billions of the centuries by hindering medical and scientific advancement... That would go to your ilk yes?
Yes :)
<quoted text>
I believe we do have the dubious honor of being the most hated group in America ... perhaps the world.

" http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/research... ;

Nobody has bothered to generate a list of 'the least hateful'... I suspect we would be near the top of that list as well. We're the biggest bunch of 'turn the other cheek, Gandhi wannabes' who've ever walked the Earth.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#14007 Aug 10, 2013
Hated by theists yes, not hateful... Do you think he read hated and confused it for hateful??

It wouldn't surprise me honestly.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I believe we do have the dubious honor of being the most hated group in America ... perhaps the world.

" http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/research... ;

Nobody has bothered to generate a list of 'the least hateful'... I suspect we would be near the top of that list as well. We're the biggest bunch of 'turn the other cheek, Gandhi wannabes' who've ever walked the Earth.

Texas, USA

#14008 Aug 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hated by theists yes, not hateful... Do you think he read hated and confused it for hateful??
It wouldn't surprise me honestly.
<quoted text>
He reads fairy tales and assigns them cosmic significance so yes ... confusion is a distinct possibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 7 min too lazy to log in 996
News Reluctant Kentucky clerk gets time for gay marr... 11 min big rap 1
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 12 min spocko 177
News Standoff over gay marriage licenses wears on, d... 19 min Cordwainer Trout 3
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 24 min TomInElPaso 2,867
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 25 min Jonah1 25,608
News Venice mayor says no gay pride parade in my cit... 26 min nhjeff 3
News Duke freshman says Jesus forbids him from readi... 58 min nhjeff 62
More from around the web