Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#13939 Aug 8, 2013
I know! How many times do we have to hold his hand and define atheism for him? You'd think the camel worshipper would get it by now.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>You're still going on thinking that atheism can't be defined?
How stupid are you?
I literally cannot understand how someone can be as dumb as you.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13940 Aug 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
BTW ... MUQ ... grasping "reality, rationality, skepticism and free-thinking" ... I call that "Atheism".
May not be University level philosophy, technically correct or like anything you'll study in Divinity School but it's good enough for me.
".....grasping "reality, rationality, skepticism and free-thinking" ... I call that "Atheism."

LOL

Coming from someone who can't grasp the reality that time is an illusion, that it's just a mental construct invented by humans....what a hoot!

United States of America

#13941 Aug 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How Atheism which cannot even be defined will replace religion? Can a fish market type of gathering and arguments replace the high level of religious beliefs?
I think Atheism will also die its natural death as Communism, Nazism, Faschism and so many isms did before that.
Religions might "merge" and a True Universal religion might emerge....
I agree....on all points.

MUQ

Lucknow, India

#13944 Aug 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still going on thinking that atheism can't be defined?
How stupid are you?
I literally cannot understand how someone can be as dumb as you.
If you think some one dumber than myself, why dont you look at mirror?
MUQ

Lucknow, India

#13945 Aug 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
BTW ... MUQ ... grasping "reality, rationality, skepticism and free-thinking" ... I call that "Atheism".
May not be University level philosophy, technically correct or like anything you'll study in Divinity School but it's good enough for me.
This is not at all a definition, just a bunch of "catch words" Each one of that needs further explanation.

People do not even know what is Atheism....there are millions of shades of Atheism, in fact every Atheist has his or her own particular religion.

Like shifting sand, they have no belief, they unite only one point, there is no God and there is no religion.

And both of these are "negative traits", not a Positive definition at all.

So Atheists are basically a people with "Negative mentality"?

How is THAT for a definition of Atheism?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#13950 Aug 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not at all a definition, just a bunch of "catch words" Each one of that needs further explanation.
Just truth. Atheist do not believe in a god or gods.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
People do not even know what is Atheism....there are millions of shades of Atheism, in fact every Atheist has his or her own particular religion.

All the same. Do not believe in a god or gods.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like shifting sand, they have no belief, they unite only one point, there is no God and there is no religion.

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most have a very positive outlook. You only see negative.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you are wrong. You have no understanding do you? An atheist does not believe in a god or gods.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

You have been show the definition but are too blind and ignorant to see. Just as you are blind to truth and religion. You are filled with too much hate because of ignorance to life and truth.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13951 Aug 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I know! How many times do we have to hold his hand and define atheism for him? You'd think the camel worshipper would get it by now.
He still hasn't defined infidel either.

United States of America

#13952 Aug 8, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Just truth. Atheist do not believe in a god or gods.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Most have a very positive outlook. You only see negative.
<quoted text>
Nope you are wrong. You have no understanding do you? An atheist does not believe in a god or gods.
<quoted text>
You have been show the definition but are too blind and ignorant to see. Just as you are blind to truth and religion. You are filled with too much hate because of ignorance to life and truth.
According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Get it, bubba?

Montreal

#13953 Aug 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>I agree....on all points.
So you think all "isms" will die out?
I guess you finally realize that theism will die out.

Montreal

#13954 Aug 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If you think some one dumber than myself, why dont you look at mirror?
I already stated that there's no one dumber than you, so your comment is horribly stupid, once again.

Montreal

#13955 Aug 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>This is not at all a definition, just a bunch of "catch words" Each one of that needs further explanation.

You're only talking about yourself, MUQ. Not everyone is as dumb as you as to not believe in something that quite plainly exists, such as atheism.

United States of America

#13956 Aug 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're only talking about yourself, MUQ. Not everyone is as dumb as you as to not believe in something that quite plainly exists, such as atheism.
According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.

Get it, bubba?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13957 Aug 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get it, bubba?
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7]

These are the same definitions... I'm not sure where you are finding the huge gaps in meaning. "Rejection of belief in a deity"-- "The position that there are no deities"-- "The absence of a belief that any deities exist".????????

Louisville, KY

#13958 Aug 8, 2013
And all mean not believing in God. Got it bubba?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Wikipedia stub on atheism, there are dozens of different definitions for atheism and hardly any agreement among atheists themselves on a single definition of atheism. YOUR definition of atheism is YOUR definition, but apparently there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists.

Get it, bubba?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13959 Aug 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really making it more complicated than it needs to be.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13960 Aug 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
".....grasping "reality, rationality, skepticism and free-thinking" ... I call that "Atheism."
LOL
Coming from someone who can't grasp the reality that time is an illusion, that it's just a mental construct invented by humans....what a hoot!
My mental constructs can beat up your mental constructs!

United States of America

#13961 Aug 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7]
These are the same definitions... I'm not sure where you are finding the huge gaps in meaning. "Rejection of belief in a deity"-- "The position that there are no deities"-- "The absence of a belief that any deities exist".????????
LOL "Huge gaps"? Those are your words, your strawman---not mine, bubba.

There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists any more than there's one-size-fits-all kind of definition for theists.

If you still don't "get it" you might try actually reading more than just the first paragraph of the stub on the subject.....

Louisville, KY

#13962 Aug 8, 2013
Why not present what you think it is from your link.... Any year now.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL "Huge gaps"? Those are your words, your strawman---not mine, bubba.

There is no such thing as one-size-fits-all kind of definition for atheists any more than there's one-size-fits-all kind of definition for theists.

If you still don't "get it" you might try actually reading more than just the first paragraph of the stub on the subject.....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13963 Aug 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL "Huge gaps"? Those are your words, your strawman---not mine, bubba.
LOL... alright then... If that's what you really wanna believe lmao. lol... I can't stop laughing at this lol... You are seriously fighting about a definition that can be found in the Merriam-Webster dictionary lol!
Thinking

UK

#13964 Aug 9, 2013
&t= 82
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree....on all points.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mental health risks aren't equal among all gay,... 32 min david traversa 1
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 1 hr Time again 1,551
News Republican John Boehner calls Ted Cruz 'Lucifer... 2 hr Christsharian Dee... 6
News Sioux Falls schools unblocking LGBT Internet re... 2 hr Christsharian Dee... 20
Oklahoma court: Oral sex not rape if victim unc... 2 hr Christsharian Dee... 2
News N.C., Miss. 'religious freedom' measures hardly... 2 hr LarryV 601
News APNewsBreak: Suit seeks records tied to Ike's a... 3 hr Belles Echoes 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 hr River Tam 10,666
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 hr lides 34,180
More from around the web