Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13803 Jul 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
This time thing is being discussed on another thread, and I'm not educated in it at all except for what I've heard, and what I googled earlier, but it seems as though this time problem doesn't have a clear answer. I don't understand the importance of this topic. Can someone please explain this to me.
Godbots like to fixate upon subjects Science is still groping towards understanding. They think (hope) their god is hiding in these dimly lit places. There's not many of these 'dim places' left. It's one of the reasons they like 'Armageddon' so much. The World needs to end before all the curtains are thrown open and the pure light of reason illuminates everything. They'll find their most cherished concepts are really just dust bunnies hiding under the bed.

Texas, USA

#13804 Jul 29, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. You suffered brain damage during your NDE. Sorry to hear that. Condolences!
My, my ... don't you have a way of summing things up!!

Texas, USA

#13805 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very interesting story. Yes the "entity" who saved you was the same who created you.
He is all those qualities you mentioned and in addition being Merciful, Loving and meeting most needs of things He created. He has made systems that protect us, without we being aware of.
But most humans are very ungrateful to Him, they enjoy all His gifts and do not thank Him, either they thank some one else or to no one.
It is very good that you got a glimpse of God' mercy from your "near death" experience.
Have a nice and long life, my dear brother.
Yeah. Right when my 'faith' was starting to falter, along comes an inspiring story like this one. Golly, I feel good!
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13806 Jul 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>..I used to believe in UFO's, Nessie and Big Foot. At some point I returned to the 'real' reality...
I think many of us here have had similar irrational experiences/ beliefs, not just Christianity.

Texas, USA

#13807 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think many of us here have had similar irrational experiences/ beliefs, not just Christianity.
We are all 'seekers'. Pity we can't just pat each other on the back and go somewhere for a beer.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13809 Jul 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my ... don't you have a way of summing things up!!
Simpler is better. Especially for us simple minded folk.:-P
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13810 Jul 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all 'seekers'. Pity we can't just pat each other on the back and go somewhere for a beer.
Sounds good to me. Seek (beer) and you shall find.

Texas, USA

#13811 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds good to me. Seek (beer) and you shall find.
Beer ... it's not just for Breakfast anymore!

Texas, USA

#13812 Jul 29, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL religions are products of human mind!
Right on! Why can't we go a step further and admit that 'all concepts of DEITY are products of human mind'?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13813 Jul 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on! Why can't we go a step further and admit that 'all concepts of DEITY are products of human mind'?
I think because fear of death keeps people locked into deistic beliefs, even when they have doubts over religion.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13814 Jul 29, 2013
.. because without a deity to believe in, then people would have to admit that heaven and hell are also fictions. Therefore when you die and everyone you know and have known, you are faced with nothing. Which although is not a pleasant thought, is exactly the same situation, as before we were born.

Texas, USA

#13815 Jul 29, 2013
spudgun wrote:
<quoted text>
I think because fear of death keeps people locked into deistic beliefs, even when they have doubts over religion.
I can't understand why people have a "fear of death". Billions have tried it and not one has asked for their money back.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13816 Jul 29, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand why people have a "fear of death". Billions have tried it and not one has asked for their money back.
I like this quote from Woody Allen:
"I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens."
Thinking

UK

#13817 Jul 29, 2013
As I drink my real ale, consuming pub cooked pork scratchings, I can't help but notice there aren't any muslims here.

Their loss.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13818 Jul 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
If it exists, if it has its own separate reality and isn't just in your head....prove it, bubba.
You're the crazy one claiming that time is only in people's heads.
Why don't you prove your insane claims?

Of course, you're insane, so whatever anyone says, you'll still believe there's no such thing as time.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13819 Jul 29, 2013
Dak-Original wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post!
Thank you :D
Dak-Original

Slough, UK

#13820 Jul 29, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you :D
Most welcome, icu!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#13821 Jul 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
As I drink my real ale, consuming pub cooked pork scratchings, I can't help but notice there aren't any muslims here.
Their loss.
<quoted text>
Imagine if someone tricked a Muslim into getting mildly drunk and eating pork during Ramadan. A Christian's reaction to that sort of trick (eating meat during lent, or something) would probably be to discount it as not being their fault and that might be the end of the matter. I imagine a Muslim would be more of a drama queen. Perhaps a riot would be the minimum required by Islamists?

Religion = superstition
- it's plain crazy too.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13822 Jul 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very interesting story. Yes the "entity" who saved you was the same who created you.

He is all those qualities you mentioned and in addition being Merciful, Loving and meeting most needs of things He created. He has made systems that protect us, without we being aware of.

But most humans are very ungrateful to Him, they enjoy all His gifts and do not thank Him, either they thank some one else or to no one.

It is very good that you got a glimpse of God' mercy from your "near death" experience.

Have a nice and long life, my dear brother.
Thanks, and I agree. I believe it was God and Iím very very grateful for His love and mercy and His gift of life. Itís totally awesome, brother!

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#13823 Jul 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The fear of the unknown, I guess. For me, it is the idea that I won't be living no more and that I will be worm food.
I don't get why xtians fear it, since they claim that they will go to heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 6 min Anonymous 97
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 7 min Fa-Foxy 6
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 37 min WelbyMD 684
The Worst Mass Murder Of Gay People In US History 42 min NE Jade 2
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 46 min WelbyMD 296
Questions linger on gay Boy Scout leaders as Ga... 47 min NE Jade 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,060
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 1 hr NorCal Native 129
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 2 hr eJohn 164
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Reverend Alan 2,270