Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13039 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic. Occam’s razor. And, of course, I read Whitehead’s Process and Reality....
In that case, you misapply logic, don't understand Occam;s razor and don't realize that Whitehead was wrong.
Really? Well now, compared to the other forces that act on particles, gravity is basically non existant. Electrostatic force is something like 10^40 times stronger than gravity which means that gravity has about as much affect on a particle as a fart on a windstorm.
Yes, E&M is much stronger than gravity. It is what keeps the electrons in their orbitals around atoms, etc. But gravity does have an effect: particles fall in a gravitational well. That is also an observed effect. In fact, the acceleration due to gravity on an electron is the same as for a macroscopic object. What we do NOT have is a quantum theory of gravity, where the gravitational force itself is quantized.
So you’re trying to understand quantum mechanics in terms of classical mechanics? LOL
No, exactly the opposite. Most of the paradoxes' of quantum mechanics come about because people assume that quantum particles act like classical particles.
Which is a verbose way of saying....we’re still working on it. That’s what I said.
No, we actually have the description. It is called quantum mechanics.
Wrong. Neutrino particles pass through solid objects as large as planets, bubba.
And 'solid' planets are mostly empty space. The cross section for interaction of a neutrino is much smaller than that for an electron.
Aaaah yes....that ol’ measurement problem described by Heisenberg et al. LOL
Well, Heisenberg was right about this, as has been verified repeatedly over the last 80 years.
if you get your science from journalists, you will have many misunderstandings. I would suggest you read actual science journals for such. Entangled particles do not communicate.
Counterintuitive things like particles don’t behave in ways classical mechanics predicts? That’s exactly what I said, bubba.
No, you called it mystical and magical. It is neither. We understand how these things work. it is often counter-intuitive, but quantum mechanics gives the description and allows us to make accurate predictions. In every situation, including the highly counter-intuitive ones, it has been verified.

Now, when was the last time you solved the Schrodinger equation for any situation?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13040 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is simply a mental construct, bubba. It's something humans invented to measure things and make predictions. It's not energy or matter and doesn't exist except in the minds of humans.
As you so eloquently said, bullshit.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13041 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Although the title suggests its main topic is atheism, so we can safely assume its original posting was on the Atheism forum.
It's not, after all, The Rocket Science Forum! LOL

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13042 Jul 9, 2013
Yet we see Muslims acting like subhuman animals killing, raping, torturing, gang raping little girls and then having the girl whipped in the street while her rapists walk free.

How could you be part of such a vile group and dare pass judgement on other?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not care what is purpose of our life, why we are created and what shall happen to us when we die... then why should we have any discussion?

None of these questions come under the purview of science and that was what I told you.

If you want to live like an "advanced animal", eat, drink, have sex and die and damn care that you are answerable for what good or bad deeds you did.....then you are one of those "Zealots" I spoke about.

We are wasting our time to have this "purposeless" discussion.

You go your way and I go my way.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#13043 Jul 9, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
..Very few people raised in America, or Western Civilization for that matter, obtain the intensity of religious indoctrination you Muslims get. Catholics might be close ......
I agree. Hard core Catholics can be very indoctrinated. I was reading an article by a Catholic priest, and he was clearly convinced that the CC had all the truth on everything. The level of arrogance can only be achieved by lifelong brainwashing.

Texas, USA

#13044 Jul 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not a mental or social construct. Time is a part of the fundamental structure of the universe.
Some measurable duration would seem a fundamental requirement to say something has or does exist. Something, like God, which has existed (supposedly)'forever' you would think would have a more commanding presence. Kind of like 'The Universe' but with bells on. You know, come down and shake a few hands, pat a few backs, hug a few babies. A sort of Celestial Politician coming down and winning votes.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13045 Jul 9, 2013
But that would mean condemning her suicide bombing Muslims.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>You're doing the dance again.
You just can't state it clearly, can you?

It's simple, simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."

All you have to do is copy and paste it.

You won't though, because either you condone that behaviour, or you like being called a pedophile for some reason.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13046 Jul 9, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Some measurable duration would seem a fundamental requirement to say something has or does exist. Something, like God, which has existed (supposedly)'forever' you would think would have a more commanding presence. Kind of like 'The Universe' but with bells on. You know, come down and shake a few hands, pat a few backs, hug a few babies. A sort of Celestial Politician coming down and winning votes.
That and you'd think a guy who knows everything past present and future would be better at managing his finances. It seems his messengers are always asking for money.

Since: May 11

Ashford, UK

#13047 Jul 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
That and you'd think a guy who knows everything past present and future would be better at managing his finances. It seems his messengers are always asking for money.
God is always broke.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#13048 Jul 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13049 Jul 9, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Never thought of it like that. Presumed they wanted to reduce the woman's desire to 'wander' and making a mess of bloodlines. Like royals making 'eunuchs' of their male servants.
I am sure there were lots of factors involved in the decisions to actually use these barbaric customs on female children. Hopefully, none even more hideous than the ones which I am already aware of.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#13050 Jul 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin
Never heard the original skit ... got it second or third hand somehow. Doesn't really matter though, a great thought is a great thought whether it comes from a brilliant mind or an insignificant toad.

Texas, USA

#13051 Jul 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard the original skit ... got it second or third hand somehow. Doesn't really matter though, a great thought is a great thought whether it comes from a brilliant mind or an insignificant toad.
Here, here!! <rivet ... rivet>

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#13052 Jul 9, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three.
I have clearly stated--many times--that it would be great if the US "renditioned" all of America's thousands of sick atheist pedophiles to Saudi Arabia because the Saudis are a thousand times more efficient and effective than the US in the methods they use to deal with pedophiles, i.e. execution.
Why your little pea brain interprets my clearly stated opinion calling for the death penalty for all pedophiles as being "pro-Islam" or "pro-hetero pedophilia" can only be answered by a shrink or a brain surgeon, bubba.
The US only? Right, great idea, we can let those Saudi pedophiles, punish the American pedophiles? Well don't you just have the perfect solution? For the Saudi pedos, anyway.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#13053 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing the dance again.
It's simple, simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."
You won't though, because either you condone that behaviour, or you like being called a pedophile for some reason.
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three and adding two more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder and control freak (emphasis on freak).

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13054 Jul 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But that would mean condemning her suicide bombing Muslims.
<quoted text>
Zit's a girl?
Well, whatever, he or she won't say it anyway because we all know he/she condones it.

Montreal

#13055 Jul 9, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
george carlin
“Tell people an invisible man in the sky created all things, they believe you.
Tell them what you've painted is wet, they have to touch it to believe.”

-George Carlin

Montreal

#13056 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three and adding two more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder and control freak (emphasis on freak).
Last chance to prove you don't condone pedophilia, nor participate in it.

Simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."

(You won't though, yet again you will prove that you think pedophilia is morally acceptable)

United States of America

#13057 Jul 9, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is not a mental or social construct. Time is a part of the fundamental structure of the universe.
Really? Okay, prove it, bubba.

The fundamental structure of the universe is composed of matter or energy. Which one is time?

United States of America

#13058 Jul 9, 2013
Lacez wrote:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Last chance to prove you don't condone pedophilia, nor participate in it.
Simply copy paste the following: "All sexual relations of people older than 18 with people younger than 16 are wrong."
(You won't though, yet again you will prove that you think pedophilia is morally acceptable)
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your previous response, I'm going with all three and adding THREE more to the pile--obsessive compulsive disorder, control freak (emphasis on freak), and attention deficit disorder.

Want to go all in and reveal some more mental/personality disorders to add to the pile, bubba?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 6 min TerriB1 7
News Pastor Who Said Orlando Shooting Victims 'Got W... 17 min Theadore 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 min Frankie Rizzo 38,902
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 22 min June VanDerMark 11,337
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 24 min Just Think 16,126
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... 44 min Scotty Steiner 14
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 46 min Gov Corbutt of th... 53
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 53 min Gov Corbutt of th... 31
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 1 hr Theadore 149
More from around the web