Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#12998 Jul 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So now I know which flavour of batshit crazy you are.
PS Bollocks.
<quoted text>
And your ad hominem attack demonstrates how totally ignorant you are of anything regarding religion history, theology, Egyptology, anthropology, archaeology, ancient literature, etc. and how unprepared you are to engage in any mature discussion. Typical atheist.

United States of America

#12999 Jul 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Prefect.
Hitchhiker's.
No wonder you muslims always get your scripture in such a violent muddle.
<quoted text>
Are you drunk or stoned? Your babbling posts don't make any sense, bubba.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#13001 Jul 8, 2013
I was just correcting your drivel.

Don't judge others by your low wahabi standards, blubber.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk or stoned? Your babbling posts don't make any sense, bubba.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13002 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit it and stop crying.
Oh, looks like you're lying once again.
Do you really think that lies are what should be taught to children?
No wonder you're trying to push creationism on them.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#13003 Jul 8, 2013
It seems he is switching to another one of his sock accounts.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Get an education.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#13004 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing.
I have clearly stated--many times--that it would be great if the US "renditioned" all of America's thousands of sick atheist pedophiles to Saudi Arabia because the Saudis are a thousand times more efficient and effective than the US in the methods they use to deal with pedophiles, i.e. execution.
Why your little pea brain interprets my clearly stated opinion as being "pro-Islam" or "pro-hetero pedophilia" instead of anti-pedophiles are questions only your shrink or brain surgeon can answer, bubba.
I've given you a chance, yet you've refused to take it.

I'll give you one more:

State that you find pedophilia and child rape repulsive, whether it be a male adult and female child, a female adult and male child, a female adult and female child, or a male adult and male child.

You can copy and paste part of that and just insert "I find [...] repulsive."
This is your last chance, if you dodge and refuse to answer once more, then you quite obviously condone pedophilia.

United States of America

#13005 Jul 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given you a chance, yet you've refused to take it.
I'll give you one more:
State that you find pedophilia and child rape repulsive, whether it be a male adult and female child, a female adult and male child, a female adult and female child, or a male adult and male child.
You can copy and paste part of that and just insert "I find [...] repulsive."
This is your last chance, if you dodge and refuse to answer once more, then you quite obviously condone pedophilia.
I speculated that you were either an illiterate moron, brain damaged, a liar, or all of the foregoing. After reading your response, I'm going with all three.

I have clearly stated--many times--that it would be great if the US "renditioned" all of America's thousands of sick atheist pedophiles to Saudi Arabia because the Saudis are a thousand times more efficient and effective than the US in the methods they use to deal with pedophiles, i.e. execution.
Why your little pea brain interprets my clearly stated opinion calling for the death penalty for all pedophiles as being "pro-Islam" or "pro-hetero pedophilia" can only be answered by a shrink or a brain surgeon, bubba.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#13006 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove you're a descent person. You just try to twist and turn my words, this is all in good fun. Why are you on here?
I am on here to have rational conversations, and to hear other people's opinion on things. I don't see a reason why I should have to "prove" that I'm a descent person. In all actuality my being a descent person doesn't really have any affect on your actions, and you make that quite clear. I haven't tried to twist any of your words. I simply made the statement that you, being a christian, and coming on here to argue and make people angry simply for entertainment, makes you look like a hypocrite. I just think it's sad that you feel the need to make a mockery of your own religious practice, and I don't understand why you would both defend and mock your own faith on an atheist forum. It just seems like a waste of time.

Location hidden

#13007 Jul 8, 2013
Educated What wrote:
Hello everyone! I want to take this opportunity to apologize for all my mean comments. I realized that I need to take other steps to improve my life without harming others and stop using these threads for entertainment. I don't ask for anyone to forgive what I have done, but this apology comes from deep within. I am leaving these threads for good and I hope all of you have a wonderful and prosperous life. Take care and goodbye!
Thank you so much for the heart felt apology. I wish you the best as well.:)

United States of America

#13008 Jul 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
...... I don't understand why you would both defend and mock your own faith on an atheist forum. It just seems like a waste of time.
Atheist forum? The header on this thread reads "Israel forum".

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#13009 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ... Atheism Forum. Bubba. Might be the source of some of your confusion. A small part of it. Maybe.

Location hidden

#13010 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No darlin....this is on the Atheist forum. Original Article "Why Atheism will replace religion."
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13011 Jul 8, 2013
ISY wrote:
Well thanks for clearing that up lol. Unfortunately, this is just your opinion, and not a fact.

See you have no proof, and Science can only tell us so much so far.

I will say this though...science is definitely winning out. They have much more plausible possibilities than "God made it".
Ans.

Science has its own limitation and it is Non Scientific to apply science to every problem.

Science only deals with material things, any thing which is not materialistic nature is outside scope of science.

For example can science decide, which poem is better than other? Can it decide which music or dance is better? Or which color is superior to other?

People who try to use for subjects which are outside its scope are either ignorant or bring bad name to science.

There is no conflict between religion and science, they should be allies and not enemies of each other.

It is zealots on both sides which are trying to pit one against the other.

"God made it"…shall be always truth irrespective of how much science finds our "How it was made"?

The question "why" it was made, shall be outside the scope of Science for ever and ever!!

It is Creator who knows why it was made and what is its purpose in the grand scheme of Creation.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#13012 Jul 8, 2013
R Hill wrote:
01. Who says you get to pick when "the creation process stops"? It is not absurd to ask 'from whence came a Creator'.

It is absurd to presume a Creator's existence based upon pure conjecture. Like I've said ... only godbots think they can sum the Universe up in a Topix post. Another absurdity. Keep 'em coming MUQ. Science opens our only window into the early Universe. Religion offers nothing ... NOTHING ... but childish fairy tales. You can piling absurdities upon absurdities until the end of time and you will never come an inch closer to reality. Why? Because you have already got it all figured out!

"Time, space, stars, galaxies, vegetable, animal, human, angels , every thing we see and do not see in this universe is His creations" and he "is the only Uncreated being in the world".

That's not even a good Fairy Tale, MUQ. It's incredible that a Human Being, alive in the times we are living in, could utter such nonsense.
Ans.

I think I have covered most of points you have raised in the reply to ISY.

Some "Great and True Scientist" said "Little knowledge of Science makes a man Atheist, but deep and sincere knowledge of science makes him believer in Creator".

And another Great Scientist said "Science without religion is blind and religion without science is lame".

We need both of them for a balanced view.

From your posts and your boasts, it is clear that you have "little knowledge of science" and almost "zero knowledge of religion"!!

What a pitiable condition to spend your lives!!

United States of America

#13013 Jul 8, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope ... Atheism Forum. Bubba. Might be the source of some of your confusion. A small part of it. Maybe.
I'm not the least bit confused, bubba. I never visit or post on the atheist forum.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/israel

United States of America

#13014 Jul 8, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
No darlin....this is on the Atheist forum. Original Article "Why Atheism will replace religion."
This thread is on the "Israel forum" .

Location hidden

#13015 Jul 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is on the "Israel forum" .
I have no idea why it is under both, but its also under the Atheism forum. If I knew how to post the link like you did I would, but I don't.

Henderson, KY

#13016 Jul 8, 2013
You're a fcking liar and you know it.

What a complete jackass.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist forum? The header on this thread reads "Israel forum".

Henderson, KY

#13017 Jul 8, 2013
Islam deals with stealing from the Jewish and Christian and Hindu religions.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Science has its own limitation and it is Non Scientific to apply science to every problem.

Science only deals with material things, any thing which is not materialistic nature is outside scope of science.

For example can science decide, which poem is better than other? Can it decide which music or dance is better? Or which color is superior to other?

People who try to use for subjects which are outside its scope are either ignorant or bring bad name to science.

There is no conflict between religion and science, they should be allies and not enemies of each other.

"God made it"…shall be always truth irrespective of how much science finds our "How it was made"?

The question "why" it was made, shall be outside the scope of Science for ever and ever!!

It is Creator who knows why it was made and what is its purpose in the grand scheme of Creation.

Location hidden

#13018 Jul 8, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
What problems could you not apply science to, if you don't mind me asking?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why anyone would try to use science to choose for a person what color they think is prettier, or what dance they find more appealing, or what poetry they find most attractive. These are things that are personal likes and dislikes. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but do you think that science is supposed to make these ultimate decisions for society?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
People have no reason to use science for things that are personal likes or dislikes. Science can tell you what a specific group of people may like at a given time, but that like would change as the different groups are asked. That's why polls are done.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I think that the basic understanding of the world around us greatly differs between religious minded people and science minded people. That is why there is conflict. Science says, and shows the knowledge it has, and religions show what their book and/or religious leaders say.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The question "why" it was made, shall be outside the scope of Science for ever and ever!! It is Creator who knows why it was made and what is its purpose in the grand scheme of Creation.
This is your opinion. I choose to not worry about why the earth was created or why we are here. I find it better for me, and I think it would be better if others, would learn to use the knowledge that science gives us to make an awesome place for us to live, and give us the opportunity to explore as far away from our tiny little planet as we can. I don't want to waste my time trying to question why....even if I believed in a god then there would still be no reason for me to question why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr neighbor 2,214
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 19
News Gay rights is personal for Florida gubernatoria... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 2
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 7
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 3 hr The Troll Stopper 6
News Churches threaten to dismiss staff who wed same... 4 hr Willis 1
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... (Nov '16) 4 hr Defeat Ralph Nort... 2,431
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 hr cpeter1313 53,715
More from around the web