Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10394 May 7, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
This experiment demonstrated scientifically how belief or faith in the power of directed consciousness aka prayer can reduce violent crime.
Effects of Group Practice of the Transcendental Meditation Program on Preventing Violent Crime in Washington, DC: Results of the National Demonstration Project, June-July 1993
This National Demonstration Project to Reduce Violent Crime and Improve Governmental Effectiveness brought approximately 4,000 participants in the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs to the United States national capital from June 7 to July 30, 1993. A 27-member independent Project Review Board consisting of sociologists and criminologists from leading universities, representatives from the police department and government of the District of Columbia, and civic leaders approved in advance the research protocol for the project and monitored its progress.
The dependent variable in the research was weekly violent crime, as measured by the Uniform Crime Report program of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; violent crimes include homicide, rape, aggravated assault, and robbery. This data was obtained from the District of Columbia Metropolitan Police Department for 1993 as well as for the preceding five years (1988-1992). Additional data used for control purposes included weather variables (temperature, precipitation, humidity), daylight hours, changes in police and community anti-crime activities, prior crime trends in the District of Columbia, and concurrent crime trends in neighboring cities. Average weekly temperature was significantly correlated with homicides, rapes and assaults (HRA crimes), as has also been found in previous research; therefore temperature was used as a control variable in the main analysis of HRA crimes. Using time series analysis, violent crimes were analyzed separately in terms of HRA crimes (crimes against the person) and robbery (monetary crimes), as well as together.
Analysis of 1993 data, controlling for temperature, revealed that there was a highly significant decrease in HRA crimes associated with increases in the size of the group during the Demonstration Project. The maximum decrease was 23.3% when the size of the group was largest during the final week of the project. The statistical probability that this result could reflect chance variation in crime levels was less than 2 in 1 billion (p < .000000002). When a longer baseline is used (1988-1993 data), the maximum decrease was 24.6% during this period (p < .00003)..... Analysis of 1993 data, controlling for temperature, revealed that there was a highly significant decrease in HRA crimes associated with increases in the size of the group during the Demonstration Project.
..... truncated ......
Based on the results of the study, the steady state gain (long-term effect) associated with a permanent group of 4,000 participants in the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs was calculated as a 48% reduction in HRA crimes in the District of Columbia.
http://istpp.org/crime_prevention/
I'm sure if someone put some effort into it, they could come up with some statistical correlation between rain dances and rain as well. They would be just as wrong as you are.

As the old saying goes, "There are lies. There are damned lies. And there are statistics."

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10395 May 7, 2013
The Global Consciousness Project

Meaningful Correlations in Random Data

Science without religion is blind. Religion without science is lame.-- Albert Einstein

Coherent consciousness creates order in the world

Subtle interactions link us with each other and the Earth

When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change. Quantum event based random number generators (RNGs) produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. The probability is less than one in a billion that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere, or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures.

The Global Consciousness Project is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists and engineers. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in 70 host sites around the world. The data are transmitted to a central archive which now contains more than 12 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials every second.

Our purpose is to examine subtle correlations that reflect the presence and activity of consciousness in the world. We hypothesize that there will be structure in what should be random data, associated with major global events. The data overall show a highly significant departure from expectation, confirming this prediction. Go to the Main Menu on the left to learn how the science is done. For some philosophical and interpretive perspectives, look to the Aesthetics menu.

Subtle but real effects of consciousness are important scientifically, but their real power is more direct. They encourage us to make essential, healthy changes in the great systems that dominate our world. Large scale group consciousness has effects in the physical world. Knowing this, we can intentionally work toward a brighter, more conscious future.

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/intro_bottom.h...

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10396 May 7, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
The Global Consciousness Project
Meaningful Correlations in Random Data
Science without religion is blind. Religion without science is lame.-- Albert Einstein
Coherent consciousness creates order in the world
Subtle interactions link us with each other and the Earth
When human consciousness becomes coherent and synchronized, the behavior of random systems may change. Quantum event based random number generators (RNGs) produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. The probability is less than one in a billion that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere, or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures.
The Global Consciousness Project is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists and engineers. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in 70 host sites around the world. The data are transmitted to a central archive which now contains more than 12 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials every second.
Our purpose is to examine subtle correlations that reflect the presence and activity of consciousness in the world. We hypothesize that there will be structure in what should be random data, associated with major global events. The data overall show a highly significant departure from expectation, confirming this prediction. Go to the Main Menu on the left to learn how the science is done. For some philosophical and interpretive perspectives, look to the Aesthetics menu.
Subtle but real effects of consciousness are important scientifically, but their real power is more direct. They encourage us to make essential, healthy changes in the great systems that dominate our world. Large scale group consciousness has effects in the physical world. Knowing this, we can intentionally work toward a brighter, more conscious future.
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/intro_bottom.h...
"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this" ~ Albert Einstein

United States of America

#10397 May 7, 2013
The Einstein should read, "The Word of God is for me....." NOT "The word god is for me....."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/eins...

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10398 May 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well he obviously was very poorly educated in that brutal shthole he calls home.
Too much time on his knees in front of men at the mosque and not enough time in a classroom learning valuable critical thinking skills.
<quoted text>
Or on his knees on top of children.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10399 May 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then in the latter case we could just use the word "belief".(shrug)
I was just going by the dictionary's definitions, specifically the Webster's.

United States of America

#10400 May 7, 2013

“I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?”

Albert Einstein

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10401 May 7, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked about the definition of the trinity...It's even in the post I replied to. Are you so far gone that you can't remember what you posted, let alone even read it?
The explanation Mapdark gave was to try and explain what you are too stupid to understand. You can't understand five simple words put together (don't believe in a god), I don't know why he expected you to understand a grouping in the double digits.
I only asked a simple question "What is atheism and who is an atheist"?

What answers I get tell only negatives, i.e Athiesm do NOT believe in God and Athiesm do not believe in religions....that is fine.

But what they Do believe in?

You cannot have only Negatives to replace a thing that has Positive attributes. Do you.

So far no one is able to give me simple answer to this question.

Is this question "too difficult" for you to answer?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10402 May 7, 2013
ezdzit wrote:

“I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?”
Albert Einstein

That is HOW a True Scientist and Great Scientist should speak. I do not know, I cannot Know, I have no means to know...all these are acceptable answers from true scientists.

Only ignorant and fools and "Pseudo Scientists" would make claim that "there is no God"

Thanks for the beautiful quotation, I will save it.

Salaam

MUQ

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10403 May 7, 2013
As sanctioned by Allah according to Islam.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Or on his knees on top of children.

Scottsburg, IN

#10404 May 7, 2013
He certainly was not a theist he considered theists as people living in chains. I agree.

:)
ezdzit wrote:

Albert Einstein

Scottsburg, IN

#10405 May 7, 2013
The actual quote goes like this....

I see a pattern, but my imagination cannot picture the maker of that pattern. I see a clock, but I cannot envision the clockmaker. The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions, so how can it conceive of a God, before whom a thousand years and a thousand dimensions are as one?

Take note when he said... so how can it conceive of a God? Wait? What was taht part again? So how can it conceive of a God?

Meaning he just b1tchsmacked you theists with a velvet glove and to this day you still haven't caught on :))
ezdzit wrote:

Albert Einstein

Scottsburg, IN

#10406 May 7, 2013
Yes ALbert was showing how the concept of god is false and he did it so nicely that you took it as a complimet :)

Who said.... Only ignorant and fools and "Pseudo Scientists" would make claim that "there is no God" Muq??

What scientist said that? It seems like a religious person's comment not an educated man of science. Has Allah failed to provide an answer as to the positive defintion of an infidel? If you are unable to answer I shall accept that I have outwitted you yet again.

But it matters not because Atheists say they do not beleive in god not that there is no god for certain. Provide observable proof and we will look at it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is HOW a True Scientist and Great Scientist should speak. I do not know, I cannot Know, I have no means to know...all these are acceptable answers from true scientists.
Only ignorant and fools and "Pseudo Scientists" would make claim that "there is no God"
Salaam
MUQ

United States of America

#10408 May 7, 2013
Here's another great Einstein quote, MUQ

“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....”

Albert Einstein

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10409 May 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I only asked a simple question "What is atheism and who is an atheist"?
What answers I get tell only negatives, i.e Athiesm do NOT believe in God and Athiesm do not believe in religions....that is fine.
But what they Do believe in?
You cannot have only Negatives to replace a thing that has Positive attributes. Do you.
So far no one is able to give me simple answer to this question.
Is this question "too difficult" for you to answer?
Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10410 May 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
Still no word from you about:-

Too difficult for you to answer?

Scottsburg, IN

#10411 May 7, 2013
I see you are unable to grasp how he is mocking your god. He was also a huge proponet for evolution :)

But since you like the great Einstein and his quotes? Let's rock!

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.(Albert Einstein, 1954)

I do not believe in a personal God.

Albert Einstein, 1954 :)

Checkmate b1tch!
ezdzit wrote:
“I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.....”
Albert Einstein

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#10412 May 8, 2013
Jenji wrote:
Atheism may truly replace religion, but nothing will change the fact or truth of the creator being we call "God" – whatever that final truth may end up being. I personally believe in Him, though I do not believe any religion has it all correctly – that is because GOD IS GOD BUT RELIGION IS MAN. Meaning, religion is a thing humans created and invented in an attempt to explain God! So yes you can do away with religion, that's fairly easy. But you can never dually with God. And since I personally believe that death is not an end, but rather a doorway to whatever comes next (I think it's a different dimension not an "up" or "down" location here on earth) I think I will just continue to have faith in Him. Besides, looking at the world around me it just makes more sense that it was created rather than that it happened accidentally somehow.
Where is your proof?
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#10413 May 8, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof?
I think Jenji's proof is in the perception of design in nature. But as we know the universe is run by amoral physics and nature is a-moral. Something which could not agree with an benevolent designer.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10414 May 8, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
Albert Einstein
A good quote , but not as great as the last one.

If one wants to know what is in God's mind, the only way is to get close to Him and that can only be done by being His best Slave and Servant.

Good servants of God have reached to Highest level in metaphysical sense.

But as God' personality in beyond human contemplation, so is His mind.

Thank you for your post.

May peace be on to you.

MUQ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay club lube dispenser filled with acid 7 min Raul 20
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 25 min TerriB1 12
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 26 min Poof1 16,160
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 1 hr Mite Be 32
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 2 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 59
News Prostate massage: the secret to a better sex life? (Sep '15) 2 hr Raul 6
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 158
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr sgt Wiitold Kowal 38,911
More from around the web