Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10020 Apr 30, 2013
spocko wrote:
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument ...
Well said, I'm an agnostic atheist, but I put on an act of believing without a doubt that there is no god for those who are bigots.
Because, you know, if there ever was a god, it probably wouldn't be as big of an a**hole.

Montreal

#10021 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Thank you for proving me right and all the while, still being totally irrelevent.

Montreal

#10022 Apr 30, 2013
Irrelevant*
Thinking

Dundee, UK

#10023 Apr 30, 2013
Who said religion doesn't exist?

It exists - but it's bollocks for retards.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?
I got no definition of atheism or defining criterion of an Atheist.
Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?
How can you make "negatives" as your definition?
Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.

Since: May 11

Birmingham, UK

#10024 Apr 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... so you are an anti-Jewish person. SEIG HEIL!!!
....he`s a "Freeper"....they are all a bunch of neo-nazi, history revising, tinfoil wearing, alex jones worshipping nibiru spotters.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10025 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?
Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?
Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.
You refuse to comment on:-

I guess you must have stoned a girl to death.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10026 Apr 30, 2013
Atheism is what it is Muq. I'm sorry of the reality of it upsets you but an Atheist is just a person who does not believe in any god. We reject the theist claim as they are unable to show observable proof for the theist claim.

For civilized people who bathe properly and do not sell their children, it's really not that difficult to understand.

But you being a janitor at an airport I suppose it is difficult for you.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#10027 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not kidding.
http://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2012/06/2...
Prove that the symbol has anything to do with DNA.

Since: May 11

Birmingham, UK

#10028 Apr 30, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
...it isn`t a double helix, it has nothing to do with DNA.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10029 Apr 30, 2013
It actually represents the god of the underworld.
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>Prove that the symbol has anything to do with DNA.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10030 Apr 30, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that it doesn't, bubba.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#10031 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If your life is so "wonderful" why are you so bitter, angry, snarky, belligerent and rude? Hmmmm...?
I am none of those, I also have no fears of the non-existent, and I will not turn my eyes from the truth. So it pisses you off, big deal ... that's your problem, not mine.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#10032 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I noticed.
Their reaction kinda reminds of the way zoo chimps go nuts with cage fever and start flinging their feces and urinating on everything....
I notice you spend a lot of time there. I'm beginning to think you have a strange excrement fetish.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#10033 Apr 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Religion requires faith.
Faith is belief without evidence.
Religion is a belief in the supernatural, i.e. MAGIC.
Religion requires veneration of an object or a deity.
Religion requires ritual.
These are the components required for something to be classed as a religion for legal purposes.
They can not be applied to atheism, atheism is not a religion for the purposes of law or even philosophy. There is no unified doctrine of unbelief.
...and jesus according to your bible was totally A JEW, and if he existed was probably Zadokite.
That's what you think faith is?

Hmmmmm.....?

What is it that allows you to fly in an airplane without fear of crashing?

What is it that allows you ride in an elevator without fear of it falling?

What is it that allows you to drive or ride in a car on a road without fear of crashing into oncoming vehicles?

What is it that allows you to plant a peach tree with the expectation of enjoying its fruit in the future.

What is it that allows you to keep putting your money in a savings account with the expectation it will be there when you need it?

Atheists have "no unified doctrine of unbelief"?

Sure they do, bubba. Atheists are absolutely unified in their belief there is no God and they have absolute faith in that belief despite all evidence to the contrary....

And, Jesus was an Essene, not a "Jew". Google the etymology of the word "Jew". There were no "Jews" in the 1st century AD. The word didn't even exist until it was invented in the 12th century AD and didn't exist in copies of any Bible texts or any other ancient texts until after that date.

Earth,TX

#10034 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If your life is so "wonderful" why are you so bitter, angry, snarky, belligerent and rude? Hmmmm...?
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There are over 13,000 post of mine, I challenge you sister, to find one where I wasn't having a wonderful life

So you couldn't find any?

Earth,TX

#10035 Apr 30, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, why did you abandon religion?
What changed your mind?
That's a hard thing to give up for sure
The reason I ask is I was never brought up into any belief system
Until 9/11 I paid literally no attention to it whatever
So I do little investigating into the origins of Islam and eeee gads!
Ju got sum splannin ta do - Lucy!
Even worse than Christianity
I read the bible. All of it, and I started seeing the contradictions and lies, and I asked the question why, and I was put through some real abuse for daring to question(including about 48 hour or so demon removal farce). I was told that the answers were in the bible, and again I read it, and found even more problems with the so called word of god.

It took around twenty years of study and prayer to finally realize that there was nothing but bluster coming from my church community and even less than that from the bible. I was a non-believer long before I even realized it. I didn't know there was even one other person on this earth, who didn't believe ... but I knew without doubt I didn't, I couldn't. My first contact with another non-believer was here on topix.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#10036 Apr 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...it isn`t a double helix, it has nothing to do with DNA.
Of course it doesn't. The DNA model is only 60 years old.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#10037 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you see faces in the clouds and the Virgin Mary in a stain on the wall. ROTFLMAO

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#10038 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to prove. There is no connection.
The Troll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#10039 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so we're supposed to prove a negative? Tell you what, why don't YOU prove that you're not a wife-beating meth addict with a mile-long arrest record.
There, see how that works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scott Lively Calls On Trump To Ban Gays From In... 21 min Paul 10
News Opposing sides in Mormon rift unite for survey ... 22 min Paul 9
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 50 min guest 1,031
News Gay Men Less Likely to Have Safe Sex Now: Survey 3 hr cpeter1313 15
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr The Troll Stopper 24,734
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 7 hr June VanDerMark 13,026
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr EdmondWA 44,913
More from around the web