Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
9,681 - 9,700 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.
Really?

Religion requires faith.

Faith is belief without evidence.

Religion is a belief in the supernatural, i.e. MAGIC.

Religion requires veneration of an object or a deity.

Religion requires ritual.

These are the components required for something to be classed as a religion for legal purposes.

They can not be applied to atheism, atheism is not a religion for the purposes of law or even philosophy. There is no unified doctrine of unbelief.

...and jesus according to your bible was totally A JEW, and if he existed was probably Zadokite.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>That's a shibboleth that helps the intelligent among us to discern between the mildly stupid and the extremely stupid. When the mildly stupid realize they've posted something that makes them look ignorant, they'll either leave the discussion or try to change the subject. When a profoundly stupid person posts something ignorant, they'll stubbornly keep defending their post ad nauseum no matter how deep a hole they dig themselves into.
I've met and still laugh at one of the latter.
She posted her name at some point in time, all the while denying she ever posted her name.
She swears that another spelling for "Sioux Indians" is "Sue Indians."
She claimed, and continues to stand her ground on the claim, that straight couples have "front to front sex" and gay couples and animals have "back to back sex."

There's so much more, and it's hilarious.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

spocko wrote:
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument ...
Good Post

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't even catch that the first time? I misrepresented his stupid statement because I automatically corrected his bad grammar? Wow, accusing somebody of being stupid just because they corrected their own stupidity is pretty damned silly...
I'm the grammar and spelling freak here, I'll catch all those stupidities.
I'll even make a special section of my comments devoted to errors, for your entertainment, from now on.

:)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

NS wrote:
01. But not by atheists themselves. We are the only ones who can define atheism with any authority.

02.Dictionaries are compiled almost exclusively by believers, nor are there any atheists on the courts that make these pronouncements. If I want to know about Judaism, I ask a Rabbbi. Not a priest and certainly not a skinhead.

03.Believers who speak or write about atheism are clueless about it at best, biased against it at worst. You will learn more about atheism by reading our posts on this forum than from almost any other source you can find.
Ans.

I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?

I got no definition of atheism or defining criterion of an Atheist.

Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?

How can you make "negatives" as your definition?

Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?
Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?
Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.
The problem is that you are too stupid to understand dictionary definitions....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
That's it. That is all that it means. Nothing more. Atheism IS entirely negative and says nothing positive about a person whatsoever. What could be clearer or simpler?

You cannot understand because you think people need religion to be positive. I am not trying to insult you. I honestly believe you're too stupid to understand anything most people say. Religious dogma learned from childhood seems to do that to some people. "Give me a boy under 7 and I'll give you a (Roman) Catholic for life", the Jesuits notoriously said.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Jeez MUQ, give us a break. How about ...'an Atheist is a person who is POSITIVE there is no deity'.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

spocko wrote:
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument ...
Well said, I'm an agnostic atheist, but I put on an act of believing without a doubt that there is no god for those who are bigots.
Because, you know, if there ever was a god, it probably wouldn't be as big of an a**hole.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
Thank you for proving me right and all the while, still being totally irrelevent.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Irrelevant*
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Who said religion doesn't exist?

It exists - but it's bollocks for retards.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... so you are an anti-Jewish person. SEIG HEIL!!!
....he`s a "Freeper"....they are all a bunch of neo-nazi, history revising, tinfoil wearing, alex jones worshipping nibiru spotters.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You refuse to comment on:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I guess you must have stoned a girl to death.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is what it is Muq. I'm sorry of the reality of it upsets you but an Atheist is just a person who does not believe in any god. We reject the theist claim as they are unable to show observable proof for the theist claim.

For civilized people who bathe properly and do not sell their children, it's really not that difficult to understand.

But you being a janitor at an airport I suppose it is difficult for you.
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not kidding.
http://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2012/06/2...
Prove that the symbol has anything to do with DNA.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
...it isn`t a double helix, it has nothing to do with DNA.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

It actually represents the god of the underworld.
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>Prove that the symbol has anything to do with DNA.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that it doesn't, bubba.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL If your life is so "wonderful" why are you so bitter, angry, snarky, belligerent and rude? Hmmmm...?
I am none of those, I also have no fears of the non-existent, and I will not turn my eyes from the truth. So it pisses you off, big deal ... that's your problem, not mine.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I noticed.
Their reaction kinda reminds of the way zoo chimps go nuts with cage fever and start flinging their feces and urinating on everything....
I notice you spend a lot of time there. I'm beginning to think you have a strange excrement fetish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••