Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6809 Mar 8, 2013
In 7000BC mesoamerican tribes were advancing their farming techniques and building advancing cities. This is older than the bible says the earth is and these people were never wiped out by a flood. Indeed at the time of Noah's flood they were thriving and doing quite well.
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
All I am asking for is proo,f now prove it. Stop diverting prove it.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6810 Mar 8, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all! I am saying genetic variations that are geologically co-located can be explained by natural selection.
BTW Chihuahua's and Grey wolves are the same species.
Nice try at the race card though, dim bulb.
So you admit that things can change yet not change species, that alone disproves evolution, and I know that Chihuahua's and Grey Wolves are the same species that also disproves evolution.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6811 Mar 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You gotta be joking! No way are you being serious!
Poe'd again!
<quoted text>
So you are not willing to try to prove your lies, I did not think you could. You lame fool.

I have shown once again that you are a lair here again I did.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6812 Mar 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
In 7000BC mesoamerican tribes were advancing their farming techniques and building advancing cities. This is older than the bible says the earth is and these people were never wiped out by a flood. Indeed at the time of Noah's flood they were thriving and doing quite well.
<quoted text>
Prove the 7000BC date, is there written dated documents, NO. OK now prove your date

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6813 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Look around the world and read the BIBLE. Then read a science text book with an open mind and see the stupidity it contains concerning evolution.
FYI I was RCC and now lecture in Physics.
Hence I can tell you with absolute certainty, you know as much about science as "tea leaf knows about the history of the East Indea Company".
You will also find that most of the atheists here are exchristians and as such have not only read the bibull they understand it.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6814 Mar 8, 2013
Look it's obvious you are mocking religious people with your Poe act but for real you are laying it on a little too thick. Nobody is that stupid so maybe just reel it in a little bit so you are more believable okay?
<quoted text>
So you are not willing to try to prove your lies, I did not think you could. You lame fool.
I have shown once again that you are a lair here again I did.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6815 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Read the BIBLE walk on the grass GOD created look at the eco-systems He put in place there you have evidence, while you are at it, look at the human eye, the bacterial flagellum. All created by GOD.
By your own admission evolution is a lie. THANKS
If you are right then why does your god murder children with childhood cancers?

Does he hate children or is he just a sadist?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6816 Mar 8, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is irrelevant.
Faith is what you need when you have no facts.
OK, I'm plagurizing that unapolgetically! <nab!!>

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6817 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
So you admit that things can change yet not change species, that alone disproves evolution, and I know that Chihuahua's and Grey Wolves are the same species that also disproves evolution.
No, it doesn't. It proves that change and mutation occur. That is evolution by definition. Speciation occurs when there is enough genetic difference between the mating pairs that either mating can not occur or the joined zygotes can not survive. It is as simple as that.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6818 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes 0.2% would be good, your statement "No, we do not have the age of the Earth determined" proves categorically that you do not know, nor are you correct.
No, I said it was not determined *to that accuracy*. All scientific measurements and results have error bars. Typically, those error bars are percentages of the main result. So, for example, the age of the earth is 4.54+-.05 billion years. That is an error range of 1%. There is *zero* chance the age is as small as 6000, or even 2 billion years.
Prove that the earth is more than 6000 years old. Prove it with 100% accuracy.
Sorry, you will have to deal with 99.999999%.

[
Not debatable why do most scientists not agree with you, 5% what a joke, 5% of 15 billion is not accurate enough, it is a joke. And you fell for it.
Sorry, but that is how closely we can measure it. it is definitely NOT less than 1 million years old.
You answers is based on mans guessing and inaccurate speculation. NO more than that. you now need to prove what you have posted.
You don't seem to understand enough about how science, or even measurement, is done to debate this intelligently. When you measure a person's height and gets, say 71", is that an *exact* value? No, of course not. It can be off by as much as 1/4". But, even though it is uncertain what the *precise* height is, it is not at all uncertain that the height is not 5". The same thing happens with the age of the Earth or the age of the universe.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6819 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes 0.2% would be good, your statement "No, we do not have the age of the Earth determined" proves categorically that you do not know, nor are you correct.
Prove that the earth is more than 6000 years old. Prove it with 100% accuracy.
Not debatable why do most scientists not agree with you, 5% what a joke, 5% of 15 billion is not accurate enough, it is a joke. And you fell for it.
You answers is based on mans guessing and inaccurate speculation. NO more than that. you now need to prove what you have posted.
You accept millennia old camp fire stories over accurate measurements and demand 100% accuracy. Don't you see something a little hypocritical here?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#6820 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
No I have not personally counted every planet, what an utterly absurd thing to say.
If any scientist has real evidence for evolution they sure are hiding it well. No one else seems to know it.
99% of known fossils, all sedentary rock, multiple rock layers all point to the flood.
For your information the bones come from dead animals. By the way who ever said that the dinosaurs never existed?
Poe's Law...

Santa Monica, CA

#6821 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok now prove the lies you just posted. That is all I have been asking all along.
1) Post the so called evidence that proves evolution is 100% true and accurate.
I've only got 4K characters, so watch this.

(You remind me of the glazed eye b!tch in the video.)
2) Prove your extreme earth age to within a million years.
3) Prove man and woman were not created as stated in the BIBLE.
4) Show where any science has disproved the BIBLE.
There you have it now do it.
LOL! The Buy bull says that there were night and day before there was a sun. There, Buy bull dis-proven.
Men and women have different DNA, that proves Eve was not made from Adam's rib.

Santa Monica, CA

#6822 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Charlie's grand daddy was the first of all and he may have been a christian but like Charlie he did not know the GOD of the BIBLE>
Yes things change if you go into the sun you get a sun tan, but you have not changed species.
Once again dating is not a science it relies on superstition and guess work (see above for mare info).
Prove the creation account wrong.
There were day and night before there was a sun.
Done.
Prove the world wide flood never happened.
Prove the exodus never happened.
There you have it now DO IT.
LOL.
Poe's Law.
The flood story is absurd.
And there is no evidence for the exodus.
There would be if it had happened.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6823 Mar 8, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>I find it scary that they drive, vote and breed.
At least their numbers dwindle every time. Have you ever met a fundie's child?
The large majority of the time, they reject religion because of their parents.

I have a friend who was raised by highly religious Jehovah's Witnesses.
He moved out eventually, rejecting their religion completely for the fact that they were constantly trying to force him to pray and do many other things.

Later, his girlfriend of three years dropped out of medical school and joined the same cult.
He broke up with her because she was trying to convert him as well.
Luckily, he's got his friends to help him through the tough times.

Santa Monica, CA

#6824 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
All I am asking for is proo,f now prove it. Stop diverting prove it.
Prove the poem "The Night Before Christmas" didn't happen.

Montreal

#6825 Mar 8, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is a falsehood. Evolution was discovered by Christians attempting to fit the data into their Bible and failing. They realized that species change over time long before Charles Darwin.

[QUOTE]FACT NO 2: There is no scientific evidence to back up the evolution lie."

Again, a falsehood. The fossil record, genetics, population dynamics, actual observations, etc *all* point to the fact that species change over geological time and that the modern species are all related.

[QUOTE]FACT NO 3: the world is about 6000 years old."

Stupidly false. We have cities that are older than 10,000 years (Jericho). We have art from 23,000 years ago. And we know that the earth is about 4.5 billion year old.

[QUOTE]FACT NO 4: The creation story is 100% accurate and true."

A absolute falsehood and delusionally so.

[QUOTE]FACT NO 5: Science has never proved anything in the BIBLE to be incorrect."

The exodus never happened. The global flood never happened.

[QUOTE]Easy lesson even for a fool like you. "

You need to actually learn some truths before you start casting stones.
Two things:
1. I just looked it up and I was mistaken, you are correct on the Earth being 4.5 billion years old.
2. The actual oldest known civilization is the Gobekli Tepe. It is dated at approximately 9'000 BC, about 11'000 years ago.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G öbekli_Tepe

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#6826 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Read the BIBLE walk on the grass GOD created look at the eco-systems He put in place there you have evidence, while you are at it, look at the human eye, the bacterial flagellum. All created by GOD.
First your above opinion is not evidence of anything.
<quoted text>
By your own admission evolution is a lie. THANKS
Second where did I state anything about evolution?

The comment you responded to is:

Verycynicalperson wrote:

“You know that is not true, if you could produce evidence for this god you would, because all that see the evidence would believe. There would be no atheist if you could provide the evidence and supporting factual and verifiable proof.

Again this is a copout, because you cannot provide what you state above. That is what is considered a lie. A lie is something that you know is not true. If it is not a lie then you believe it to be true. If you believe it to be true then you can and will proved proof to justify the statement. If you cannot prove or justify the statement then it falls into the category of a lie.

I make no claims it is you that make the claims, so it befalls you to provide the support for your claims”.
______

If you cannot backup your claims then at least be mature enough to admit it and just say I have no proof or evidence just faith in something that cannot and is not provable and I that I have no verifiable why to prove my belief.

That you believe is something that is unseen, unheard, unknown, and cannot be proven real.

In the last 2000 years too much harm, unjust, crime, murders, bigotry has been in the name of religion. Too many words in the “good Book” justify the above. Too many follow the words. Too many do not understand where the book came from. Too many believe it came from a god and not men that wrote it.

The bible is a metaphoric allegory of words and phrases. Over twenty centuries of being interpreted, translated, transformed, decoded, and twisted to conform mans words and thoughts. Hundreds of years of the “word” being used to control people to do the will of others.

It matters not the religion or lack of, but man’s heart and what guides it.

It would be best if people took the time to study and understand the bible and the history as well as all neglected and forsaken letters and books that have been purposely left out over the last 2012 years.

I am not trying to change any ones faith but they should challenge it to make you think for yourself and not just, what you are told.

Throughout history, man was told what to believe, could not, and was not allowed to even read the text.

Control of man and his faith or belief was and is a powerful tool to control him.
If you would go as sheep to slaughter then you are blind and cannot know the truth.

Now you ask do I know the truth, yes I know my truth and studies and found a lot of what man holds to be real and or truth is false.

They need to challenge their faith to become totally unlighted. Then they will have true and unadulterated belief. They must admit that it is faith in something that cannot be proven and may not exist at all.

If it is not total faith in an unsubstantiated being that cannot be proven then the faithful could give us undisputed proof and show absolutely the existence of a god without the bible.

Montreal

#6827 Mar 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>"to you crazy fundies, knowledge threatens you"

If you need to call aposter a " fundies"

you may not be so certain of what you post?

Seems a term used by the uneducated,...just saying
Fundies correctly describe people like the one I replied to. Fundamentalists dislike facts, they deny the reality of things.
I'm guessing you are one too, why else would you attempt to paint me as uneducated, but the other and yourself as the opposite?

I may be mistaken in some things, but if I am, I can admit that I was, such as my mistake of saying that the Earth is 6.4 billion years old, when it is in fact 4.5 billion years old.

Your lot, on the other hand, stare facts in the face and say you can't see them.
For example, the fundie said the Earth is only 6'000 years old.
That is a fallacy if I've ever seen one.

Montreal

#6828 Mar 8, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Limits to human knowledge are frustrating.

What happens after we die has been discussed in the past by the best minds available.

People who post "god-bot" :-) seem not in this category
People who claim others are brilliant for saying facts are false, and then whine when others correct them, are the simpletons.
Such as yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 8 min WeTheSheeple 792
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 15 min Frankie Rizzo 957
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 20 min Frankie Rizzo 432
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 22 min sava 1,895
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 25 min Buybull Mullahs 19
Chattanooga voters repeal civil rights for LGBT... 35 min Buybull Mullahs 99
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 50 min George 1,408
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Howdy 55,925
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 9 hr Fa-Foxy 64
•••