Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 323)

Showing posts 6,441 - 6,460 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should avoid any route that contains any hospital.....they might hold you and send you to their mental wing.
Be careful.
Let me remind you you think:-
1. Anal sex is uncivilised.
2. Girl on girl is uncivilised.
3. Strippers are uncivilised.
4. Saving an invaded country is uncivilised.
But:-
1. Stoning young girls to death is civilised.
2. Female genital mutilation is civilised.
3. Thighing is civilised.
4. Flying planes into buildings is civilised.
5. Suicide bombers are civilised.

Now do tell me how I can be the one who is mentally ill?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking about it the above is:-

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
You told!
Everyone knew anyway.
Weren't you also responsible for hiding all evidence of a god or something?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough. However once one's beliefs enter into the public square, then it becomes a matter of discussion.

[QUOTE]
Incest causes harm to others, mainly the child if one is consecrated. There are many diseases that come with incestuous procreation.
"

If the siblings were of the same sex, or were sterile, that would not be a concern.

[QUOTE]
Besides, since the topic is actually about religion, you should be the last person to complain about incest and polygamy. After all, it is in your bible many times.
"

True. Besides the bible belongs to all.

[QUOTE]
Nothing involving another person's personal choices has anything to do with you. No other person's personal choices affects your beliefs or infringes upon them.
"

If it enters the public square, its open for discussion and/or debate.

[QUOTE]
So why don't you leave other people's beliefs alone?
"

The same question could be posed to you as well. Somewhere along the line our beliefs may converge, or be at opposing ends.

[QUOTE]
Oh wait, because you're scared that their beliefs are right and yours are wrong.
"

That's a two way street.

[QUOTE]
Otherwise, you wouldn't make such a big deal out of them.
"

One can believe there is no God, one God, Goddess, Grand Poohpah, etc. That is one's choice, however when one's beliefs become part of the public square and involve matters of public policy, it no longer is simply a matter of what one believes.
Discussion is one thing, infringing upon other people's personal beliefs is another.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowhere near the truth. And no I am not lying.
Your posts show otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

<quoted text>
YES WHY?
From your post:

"Don't you know that you should end e sentence with a full stop, STUPID."

Any more stupid questions? <I know... stuid question>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Is it unkind to state the obvious about someone's stupidity...
Yet you came here and put it on display. If you don't want your stupidity "pointed out", don't post it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

<quoted text>
Your gas probably contains your brain cells that is why you are so stupid.
LOL! Let me guess... you overheard that "insult" at a pre-school playground, right? LOL! Weak... very weak.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
01. Gravity is a scientific theory, it is the theory of gravity. The same goes for evolution, it is a scientific theory. They both have proof to their existence.
If you think evolution is a lie, then you think facts are lies.

02. Faith is:
-Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
-Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

See; "rather than proof."
Ans.

If you equate "theory of Gravity" with the "theory of Evolution" then it shows that you neither know Gravity nor Evolution!!

02. You ask what faith is?

The "faith" is you equating "Theory of Gravity" with "Theory of Evolution"

We BOTH have faith!!

QED!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Hill wrote:
1. No one. In a reality that may well include limitless "multiverses" all variations and permutations of natural laws happen spontaneously somewhere. We just happen to live in one suitable for life. Imagine that.

2. I believe we create various crystals using something called "vapor deposition" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_vapor_d ...) it's really not that hard. I lack the necessary apparatus.

3. Evolution is a term that describes the modification of species over time to suit changing environments. It's only a "catch word" to people programmed to believe a perfect god created everything 'as is' not very long ago. Silly, huh?

4. Well done! Hubble reveals a Universe that is many billions of years older than your religion allows. Your god created these illusions to confound us? Not very sporting.

5. Oh ... just leave it alone.

6. True enough. Best to behave and not call attention to yourself when surrounded by so many frightful bullies. Hey ... I know ... quit blowing up innocent people!!! The rest of the world would blissfully ignore you again.

7. Haven't y'all already tried that? I think we all know how it would turn out. You couldn't win. Thus the terror game. Pester the giants with thousands of tiny pin-pricks, then cry when they swat you.
Ans.

01. Just making claims with out any proofs? Why all those laws "would get created" all at once?

02. Just using "jargon terms" and words would explain your un=reasonable stand.

Vapor deposition is a "natural process" which we use for our benefits. There is no way you can "create" a Crystal if this phenomenon was not available.

And you cannot create "crystals" of every element in nature.

04. Theory of Evolution is a "Semi Philosophical" and "semi Scientific" theory to "explain" the proliferation of life forms on this earth.

Species have become extinct and species have taken their place, this is fact. But since our "believers" "did not want to believe in any Creator" so they "invented" this TOE to "explain it"?

It was like as I told earlier you connect the dots while after each one dot, one million dots are missing.

4. Hubble part was already answered on this thread. Hubble shows you a "snap shot" of Universe, it depends how you interpret it.

6. Yes we would stop blowing innocent people, but you also have to do some thing. Remove that Zionist state which you call as Isreal from ME.

When you remove the "rrot cause" of terrorism in the world, there are high chances that its branches and leaves would soon dry up.

7. You are right, the game right now is who is the biggest terrorist in the world. Let the game run and reach to its "logical conclusion"

Wait and see!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
If you equate "theory of Gravity" with the "theory of Evolution" then it shows that you neither know Gravity nor Evolution!!
We BOTH have faith!!
QED!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Just making claims with out any proofs? Why all those laws "would get created" all at once?
Vapor deposition is a "natural process" which we use for our benefits. There is no way you can "create" a Crystal if this phenomenon was not available.
04. Theory of Evolution is a "Semi Philosophical" and "semi Scientific" theory to "explain" the proliferation of life forms on this earth.
Species have become extinct and species have taken their place, this is fact. But since our "believers" "did not want to believe in any Creator" so they "invented" this TOE to "explain it"?
It was like as I told earlier you connect the dots while after each one dot, one million dots are missing.
4. Hubble part was already answered on this thread. Hubble shows you a "snap shot" of Universe, it depends how you interpret it.
6. Yes we would stop blowing innocent people, but you also have to do some thing. Remove that Zionist state which you call as Isreal from ME.
When you remove the "rrot cause" of terrorism in the world, there are high chances that its branches and leaves would soon dry up.
7. You are right, the game right now is who is the biggest terrorist in the world. Let the game run and reach to its "logical conclusion"
Wait and see!!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Wait and see!!
1. I didn't make up "multiverses" ... I read about them. Some theories predict (even require) their existence. We are all waiting for proofs. I personally find the possibility fascinating, as you, no doubt, find tales of Allah and his prophets.

2. Yeah. The easiest way to make sand is with a hammer a piece of quartz. How about raising a mountain and waiting a few million years? That'll do it too, just takes a little longer.

04. Seems all scientific to me. It only enters philosophical circles because it counter to Creationism. Nature does not "want" species to go extinct, she wants them to adapt. But, as we all know ... shite happens. I'm glad you acknowledge that extinctions take place and new species come along. It is evidence that your god is far from perfect.

4. Really? I find nothing ambiguous or subject to interpretation with the Hubble images. They show us the Universe as it is ... not as we might wish it to be.

6. If Israel were to disappear from the face of the Earth tomorrow, nothing would change. Your Mullahs would simply find a new demon to distract you with. It's how they keep you all from turning on them. Wise up!

7. Let me help you. Nobody wins and it just goes on and on and on and on and ...
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Yesterday our Prime Minister pledged 35m to eradicate islamic Female Genital Mutilation.

Will you applaud him for this?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Wait and see!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Yesterday our Prime Minister pledged 35m to eradicate islamic Female Genital Mutilation.
Will you applaud him for this?
<quoted text>
If he were female, I bet it would have been a lot more.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Ans.

We BOTH have faith!!

QED!!
They are both scientific theories that have tons of proof behind them.

Your denial of of the facts won't change them and doesn't threaten them in the slightest. The truth is the truth and your belief is your belief.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Even if Margaret Thatcher was female, it would've been less. Small steps, small steps...

Does the President mention Female Genital Mutilation often? I've heard our PM talk about it several times now.
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If he were female, I bet it would have been a lot more.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Ans.

Wait and see!!
Why don't you actually reply to people you're directing your comments at?
Is it because you hope they won't see your stupid and ignorant replies?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Even if Margaret Thatcher was female, it would've been less. Small steps, small steps...
Does the President mention Female Genital Mutilation often? I've heard our PM talk about it several times now.
<quoted text>
The Economy, Republicans, Taxes and Spending are about all that BO is talking about at the moment. When "Human Rights" comes up, FGM is at the top of the list .... but then so is North Korea's Government elite exploitation of the worker's .... odd that US corporate CEO exploitation of US workers never gets mention ... huh?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

god bless Walmart's mission to export jobs...
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Economy, Republicans, Taxes and Spending are about all that BO is talking about at the moment. When "Human Rights" comes up, FGM is at the top of the list .... but then so is North Korea's Government elite exploitation of the worker's .... odd that US corporate CEO exploitation of US workers never gets mention ... huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,441 - 6,460 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gays Better Off Dead? 'Christian' Activist Says So 4 min NorCal Native 58
Ford stays seated for WorldPride ovation-Image1 20 min Jumper The wise 19
Class of 2014: John Amaechi, Diana Nyad, Among ... 25 min Jumper The wise 1
Pennsylvania clerk loses bid against gay marriage 26 min Jumper The wise 2
Why is NE Jade stuck up 27 min Frankie Rizzo 3
Joan Rivers: Obama is Gay and Michelle is a 'Tr... 31 min Jumper The wise 52
Russian Lawmaker Wants to Ban 100-Ruble, Says i... 32 min Frankie Rizzo 16
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 49 min Frankie Rizzo 50,251
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,332
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,725
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 8 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,502
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••