Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6484 Mar 2, 2013
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2012...

Impact of Same-Sex Parenting on Children: Evaluating the Research
By Christine Kim June 19, 2012

According to conventional wisdom, research regarding outcomes for children of parents in same-sex relationships shows “no difference.” For example, the American Psychological Association (APA) stated in 2005 that “not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”[1] This conclusion has been cited in the judicial proceedings on the nature of marriage. For example, Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision regarding Proposition 8, California’s constitutional amendment defining marriage, stated:“The research supporting this conclusion is accepted beyond serious debate in the field of developmental psychology.”[2]

However, a number of researchers have pointed out significant methodological problems with the research that would cast doubt on the conclusiveness of the “no difference” findings.[3] Even some researchers supportive of same-sex parenting have acknowledged the significant methodological limitations in the research to date.[4] Examples of the methodological problems are discussed below, as well as a profile of the recently released New Family Structures Study, which has raised the bar on quality of research in this area. Given the magnitude of the policy issues under debate, much more study is needed.

Non-Representative Samples

In order to generalize a set of social scientific evidence to a broader group, the samples upon which the evidence is based should accurately represent the broader group. In a probability sample, every member of the broader group has an equal chance of being selected into the sample, and the selection is random.[5] Non-probability samples, on the other hand, cannot make valid generalizations about the broader group because they do not represent it. These samples “may give us interesting leads, and suggest possible insights, but nothing reliable can be inferred from them outside the individuals studied.”[6]

Convenience Samples

A 2010 article reviewed 44 same-sex parenting studies and noted that only five had probability samples; moreover, only three used a nationally representative sample. However, this same sample used by all three studies contained only 44 children of same-sex parents.[7]

The remaining studies were all based on convenience samples, which are comprised of volunteers recruited through targeted advertisement (e.g., in specific publications), the “snowball” method (when respondents identify additional subjects), and/or an existing group.

Consequently, most of the no-differences findings “describe samples of lesbian families that are disproportionately middle class, White, and highly educated.”[8] For example, a 2012 review of the 59 studies reported in the 2005 APA brief on same-sex parenting “reveals a tendency towards not only non-representative but racially homogeneous samples.”[9] Even studies of donor-inseminated (DI) parenthood “do not know the extent to which the comparatively high socioeconomic status of DI parents studied accurately reflects the demographics of lesbian and gay parenthood generally.”[10]

Moreover, in many studies, even the opposite-sex comparison groups are not representative of their respective populations.[11] Researchers also acknowledge the nearly non-existent research on gay fathers and parents who are bisexual or transgender.[12]

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6485 Mar 2, 2013
An you have been indoctrinated to believe superstitious nonsense and worse you have been indoctrinated to believe it's always infallible always correct regardless of the mountains of evidence to the contrary.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Indoctrination comes in many forms, religion is but one.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6486 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
[Nothing even remotely related to religion]
Why are you posting that here, mister bigot?
Can't stay on topic?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6487 Mar 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you posting that here, mister bigot?
Can't stay on topic?
Sorry, saw DNF post, and lost my head. Laces out.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6488 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
An you have been indoctrinated to believe superstitious nonsense and worse you have been indoctrinated to believe it's always infallible always correct regardless of the mountains of evidence to the contrary.
<quoted text>
You don't know what I have been "indoctrinated" to believe, what I actually believe based on that "indoctrination, not did you acknowledge the statement I made. Indoctrination comes in many forms, religion is but one.

Lexington, KY

#6489 Mar 2, 2013
The people at Heritage are laughable because this is a right wing Christian conservative group. Ignored and rightfully so.

May I suggest a secular source for a more accurate interpretation?

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/200...

See? Your ancient goat herders got something else wrong.
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://www.heritage.org/resear ch/reports/2012/06/impact-of-s ame-sex-parenting-on-children- evaluating-the-research
Impact of Same-Sex Parenting on Children:

Lexington, KY

#6490 Mar 2, 2013
You clearly state it bigot, it's not exactly a secret lol!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what I have been "indoctrinated" to believe, what I actually believe based on that "indoctrination, not did you acknowledge the statement I made. Indoctrination comes in many forms, religion is but one.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6491 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You clearly state it bigot, it's not exactly a secret lol!
<quoted text>
Thank you for revealing yourself. Apparently only those who subscribe to left wing ideology, such as yourself are the "tolerant" ones, except if deals with religion. Right back atcha bigot.

Lexington, KY

#6492 Mar 2, 2013
Yes tolerance is important for us civilized people. Religion is fine as long as it doesn't infringe upon others.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for revealing yourself. Apparently only those who subscribe to left wing ideology, such as yourself are the "tolerant" ones, except if deals with religion. Right back atcha bigot.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#6493 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes tolerance is important for us civilized people. Religion is fine as long as it doesn't infringe upon others.
<quoted text>
Therein is the problem. Religion must infringe upon others or it will die. Tolerance or civilized actions only get in the way of religion.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6494 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh...but of course, after all you are one of the "civilized" people as opposed to the rest humanity....the savage masses yearning to be "civilized" under the tutelage of the elite. We are not worthy to be in your presence...the wise and civilized secular sage know as "Giveme liberty", we thought you but a legend, but now we know you are a legend in your own mind.

In the words of the great philospher, Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon"!

Where would Western Civilization be if not for the influence of, good, bad, or ugly, religion in general, and Christianity in particular?

Now back to the Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Give me liberty.......give us a break...Madone!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6495 Mar 2, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein is the problem. Religion must infringe upon others or it will die. Tolerance or civilized actions only get in the way of religion.
Oh yes...secularistic, and or atheistic belief system never infringe upon others. Some are more equal than others.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#6496 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes...secularistic, and or atheistic belief system never infringe upon others. Some are more equal than others.
Religion depends on the indoctrination of new followers or it will die.

Atheism only depends on the lack of belief and nothing else.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6497 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Religion depends on the indoctrination of new followers or it will die.
Atheism only depends on the lack of belief and nothing else.
So its foundation is apathy?

Chicago, IL

#6498 Mar 2, 2013
This is a sad fact of monotheism that sad there is only one god and it's this one.
<quoted text>

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6499 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "atheistic belief system".

Montreal

#6500 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, saw DNF post, and lost my head. Laces out.
You lose your head quite often, I see.

Montreal

#6501 Mar 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Where would Western Civilization be if not for the influence of, good, bad, or ugly, religion in general, and Christianity in particular?
Well, for one, there'd be a lot less wars.
The Inquisition also would not have happened.
Quite a few more things as well.

Montreal

#6502 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he'll try and argue that one.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#6503 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists do not have a belief system, they are just like uncontrolled hordes than wander on earth.

Their only unifying point is "There is no God and there is no religion".

But for that they have nothing in common.

They unite in negativity.

That is why they cannot bring any civlization, they cannot create any society.

And if they get to rule, they are extremely cruel and extremists in their rules.

Because they have no "belief system"....nothing to restrain their hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 min Frankie Rizzo 2,229
Allowing Blood Donations From Gay Men Could Hel... 12 min WeTheSheeple 272
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min The_Box 3,448
Repeal law punishing gay sex with lashes in Ind... 13 min Billy 10
SCOTUS could inject same-sex marriage into races 13 min Walt Kowalski 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min Wondering 630
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 14 min eJohn 77
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 22 min lides 619
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 57 min KiMare 987
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 59 min TomInElPaso 96

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE