Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5205 Feb 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>You googled up butt scampering eh halfwit? Factually proving you wrong is just so easy.
You do know you're a nut job.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5206 Feb 4, 2013
I suppose batsht crazy is needed to believe in Jesus. That being said, meh not buying it you are a bit to familiar with your particular brand of Christhole crazy.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
No other screen name. Just this one, arrogant product of baboon lovin.

Since: Feb 13

Riverside , CA

#5207 Feb 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Oh shoooooooor....and without religion man will have no reason to kill his fellow man.....because atheists are all enlightened reason individuals. Uh huh.....lack of faith in a deity, or the supernatural, does not automatically make a person peaceful.
Actually yes it dose, the majority of the violence in this world is either in the name of or because of religion. Yes we will always have good people and bad people and violence but on a world scale we will have peace simply due to not fighting over religion.

And really if the only thing stopping you from killing is your religion then that is a problem with you.
You should know right from wrong with out a book threatening you with punishment or offering you reward.
no one no where

Santa Barbara, CA

#5208 Feb 4, 2013
isn't atheism also a religion? who cares if you believe in a god or not believe in a god. treat me nice and i'll treat you nice. treat me like crap and i'll punch you in the mouth and ask god for forgiveness later or not if you don't believe in a god.

Riverside , CA

#5209 Feb 4, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
MythBusters: Without Religion there would be no War
Posted by Justin Ferriman
Christian Commentary
I can’t count the number of times I have heard this ‘argument’ on the internet from amateur atheists. Naturally, the more seasoned of us know that this is simply not true, but it seems to be a staple in atheistland that the newcomers love to recite.
I am not naive to the fact that religion is probably the reason most used to justify conflicts, but I strongly refute the idea that a warless world is only obtainable through the elimination of religion (human nature won’t allow it). I was looking around the internet for different wars that aren’t religiously driven to back my claim and I stumbled upon someones post in a forum. I don’t know who the author is, but it sums out my viewpoints on the matter pretty thoroughly. Enjoy
Much is said, today, on the issue of religious wars. Without question, religion has been (if only superficially) the banner of countless wars throughout history. Lists are often compiled, naming various instances of religious war (as, for example, this list).
One might reasonably ask, however, whether or not there is a corresponding list of non-religious wars. After all, if religion is really good for nothing but “starting wars,” then surely its elimination would do away with, or at least considerably diminish, the perpetuation of warfare across the globe.
Jack Perry has presented one such list of non-religious wars, as follows:
1.) The Seven Years’ War (Britain & France)
2.)The American Revolution
3.)The French Revolution
4.)The Napoleonic Wars (France & Europe)
5.)The Revolutions in the Americas
6.)The Wars to create and preserve the British Empire (Boer War, Irish Revolution, and the Great Game with Russia would all be examples)
7.)The American Civil War
8.)The Crimean War
9.)The Spanish-American War
10.)The Great War, The War to End All Wars, or World War I (whatever you want to call it)
11.)The Italian invasion of Ethiopia
12.)The Spanish Civil War
13.)Stalin’s invasions of Finland, the Baltic states, and Poland
14.)World War II
15.)The Chinese Revolution
16.)The Cold War, including but not limited to the Korean War, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, the American intervention in Grenada, and the Soviet campaign in Afghanistan
17.)The Cultural Revolution in China (If you don’t want to call this a war I’ll concede it)
18.)Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge Revolution
19.)The Falklands War
20.)The Persian Gulf War between Iran & Iraq
21.)The Persian Gulf War between the United Nations and Iraq
The Breakup of Yugoslavia (beginning with Slovenia).
http://de-conversion.com/2008/08/01/mythbuste...
You can quote all the religious propaganda you want because of course there is no bias there right? LOL

The fact of the matter is yes there are other things we fight over and so getting rid of religion wont fix things over night but it is a major first step and one that must be made if we are to achieve any kind of world peace ...

Riverside , CA

#5210 Feb 4, 2013
Oh and BTW your list of wars that are nonreligious is very wrong ...

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5211 Feb 4, 2013
no one no where wrote:
isn't atheism also a religion? who cares if you believe in a god or not believe in a god. treat me nice and i'll treat you nice. treat me like crap and i'll punch you in the mouth and ask god for forgiveness later or not if you don't believe in a god.
Not any more, someone burned all the churches and shot all the clergy. <dumb butt>

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5212 Feb 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol To my husband, as originally indicated. Shall I charge him instead? Wouldn't that be prostitution?
What ever floats your boat!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5213 Feb 4, 2013
Gentlemen:

While I now receive with much satisfaction your congratulations on my being called, by an unanimous vote, to the first station in my country; I cannot but duly notice your politeness in offering an apology for the unavoidable delay. As that delay has given you an opportunity of realizing, instead of anticipating, the benefits of the general government, you will do me the justice to believe, that your testimony of the increase of the public prosperity, enhances the pleasure which I should otherwise have experienced from your affectionate address.

I feel that my conduct, in war and in peace, has met with more general approbation than could reasonably have been expected and I find myself disposed to consider that fortunate circumstance, in a great degree, resulting from the able support and extraordinary candour of my fellow-citizens of all denominations.

The prospect of national prosperity now before us is truly animating, and ought to excite the exertions of all good men to establish and secure the happiness of their country, in the permanent duration of its freedom and independence. America, under the smiles of a Divine Providence, the protection of a good government, and the cultivation of manners, morals, and piety, cannot fail of attaining an uncommon degree of eminence, in literature, commerce, agriculture, improvements at home and respectability abroad.

As mankind become more liberal they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protection of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality. And I presume that your fellow-citizens will not forget the patriotic part which you took in the accomplishment of their Revolution, and the establishment of their government; or the important assistance which they received from a nation in which the Roman Catholic faith is professed.

I thank you, gentlemen, for your kind concern for me. While my life and my health shall continue, in whatever situation I may be, it shall be my constant endeavour to justify the favourable sentiments which you are pleased to express of my conduct. And may the members of your society in America, animated alone by the pure spirit of Christianity, and still conducting themselves as the faithful subjects of our free government, enjoy every temporal and spiritual felicity.

G. Washington
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5214 Feb 4, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If he wanted his creations to do differently he should have created them differently unless he was an omnipotent absolute boob.
Why don't you try and create some thing better. So far you have only created drug addicts, alcoholics, sodomites and lesbians and rapists.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5215 Feb 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you try and create some thing better. So far you have only created drug addicts, alcoholics, sodomites and lesbians and rapists.
Oogah Boogah created drug addicts, alcoholics, sodomites and lesbian rapists?

It's a good thing Ooogah rested on the 7th day.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5216 Feb 4, 2013
If I had a dime for every time that idiot was wrong I would be very rich.
trekx wrote:
Oh and BTW your list of wars that are nonreligious is very wrong ...

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5217 Feb 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>If I had a dime for every time that idiot was wrong I would be very rich.
Still panhandling?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#5218 Feb 4, 2013
Lesbians get less STDs than heterosexuals.
Therefore lesbians are your god's chosen people.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#5219 Feb 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Lesbians get less STDs than heterosexuals.
Therefore lesbians are your god's chosen people.
<quoted text>
Depends on the lesbian. Let's be clear about that.

Fruit flies are an issue.

:~/

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#5220 Feb 5, 2013
Barry O wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good list, but some on the list had elements of religion in the reasons for war or to rally citizens. But there have been many wars fought over religion. Just a couple for examples: Muslim expansion across north Africa and into Southern Europe. Christian crusades. America's expansion across the continent all in the belief that God intended it. Disagree with breakup of Yugoslavia listed above- Christian Serbians and Croats regularly targeted ethnic Muslims. Irish revolution- lets look at Northern Ireland and the fighting between Catholics and Protestants.
Also look at Europe's Thrity Year war- which was fought between Catholics and Protestants- resulting in 8 million dead. Look at 9/11 and the resulting Afghan invasion- started by Osama Bin Laden and his belief in strict Wahabism. During the Cold War Americans would regularly refer to Communist as God less heathen. So to say religion does not influence or is not responsible for wars is just outright wrong. Hell, I didn't even go back to King David or even Moses. Religion sells.
Precisely, Manifest Destiny is a religious concept.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#5221 Feb 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the above exist in Saudi Arabia as well. Especially the last one, for example the wives of your "prophet".
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#5222 Feb 5, 2013
I've never been a fan of garibaldi biscuits myself.
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the lesbian. Let's be clear about that.
Fruit flies are an issue.
:~/
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#5223 Feb 5, 2013
Also present in the muslim parts of muq's native India.
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the above exist in Saudi Arabia as well. Especially the last one, for example the wives of your "prophet".

Location hidden

#5224 Feb 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I've never been a fan of garibaldi biscuits myself.
<quoted text>
I've never been a fan cream pies.

I always enjoy your words though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Jonah1 5,402
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 6 min Cole 3
Elton John, David Furnish to tie knot in privat... 11 min Cole 4
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Cali Girl 2014 26,648
The Thursday Afternoon NE Jade Thread 19 min BIG BODACIOUS BRUCE 1
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 20 min Gremlin 3
Gay staff 'suffer jobs market bias' 39 min Hoyt 5
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 4,954
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 hr The_Box 2,812
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 10 hr Reverend Alan 4,276