Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
4,561 - 4,580 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Wishcraft is your pleas to the imaginary. "Conjured"? Oh please, read the post and confine yourself to what I actually posted. Your Jewsus zombie myth practiced magic, big deal. Is believing in any other god not pretend? They are all the same, gods are man made tools.

How often do you go about the task of proving that which does not exist, does not exist. If you claim it so, you are the one to prove it. The one who sees no proof, is not the one to prove that there is no evidence.

Seriously prove to me that Thumbelina doesn't exist. Do you believe she does? No, well neither do I, but if someone says she does exist, that person would be required to prove it, or be mocked for lying. So prove whichever god it is, that you are claiming exists.

Do you believe in zombies?
ROFLMAO! Lady, you are a piece of work. Let's address your obvious fascination with zombies. Do I believe in Hollywood zombies? No. They're only meant to frighten and entertain. Do I believe that someone could be turned into a Zombie through witchcraft? Sure. Was Jesus a zombie? No. If you think he was, then prove it. Believing in God is not the same as practicing witchcraft. It's not even remotely related. Humanity has scientifically proven for years that there is a God. Honestly, I could list all the many ways to prove (scientifically) the existence of God, but that would take a while and I don't have that much space. Look it up. I ain't your momma. You, however, have yet to answer my simple question. What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that there is no God?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! Do you even hear yourself when you talk? A historically accurate work of FICTION? SMH
What I mean is, you could have fictional characters living in real places and experiencing some events that actually happened; for instance, you could write a fictional story about someone living through the San Francisco earthquake.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>What I mean is, you could have fictional characters living in real places and experiencing some events that actually happened; for instance, you could write a fictional story about someone living through the San Francisco earthquake.
Ok. But could you have several different characters writing several different stories within the same book? Also there are aspects of the Bible that have been proven to be true. Plus genealogy proves that certain people whose names are mentioned in the Bible were real. In fact, their ancestors are still alive to this day.(scroll back through. I won't reiterate) The fact is the Bible has been proven to be accurate on more than one occasion. You may not believe its teachings, but you can't dispute the facts that it contains.
Again I ask: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that there is no God?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. But could you have several different characters writing several different stories within the same book? Also there are aspects of the Bible that have been proven to be true. Plus genealogy proves that certain people whose names are mentioned in the Bible were real. In fact, their ancestors are still alive to this day.(scroll back through. I won't reiterate) The fact is the Bible has been proven to be accurate on more than one occasion. You may not believe its teachings, but you can't dispute the facts that it contains.
Again I ask: What proof or evidence do you have to support your BELIEF that there is no God?
I never claimed there was no god, but I don't believe in all of the tenets of Christianity. I do believe in a higher power; how else could anything be created?
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Straw man.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>

“ecrasez l'infame”

Since: May 08

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Dumbass!...
Wow. One reply and you resort immediately to name calling. Which cult of Christianity do you represent with this kind of display of hate?
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
...Now you're just grasping at straws. Harry potter was a book written by a person who knew about the existence of king's cross because they had seen it, heard about it, whatever. Noah's ark, or at the very least the proof of a great flood, has been found and written about (just like in the Bible) thereby proving that it did indeed take place. Same thing. This only goes to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Not disprove it. Also the characters in Harry potter were fictional characters. The "characters" in the Bible are real. The proof is in the genealogy. Jews and Muslims alike can trace their genealogy back to Isaac and Ishmael, two Biblical brothers, who are viewed as the patriarchs of these two religions. Ancient biblical ruins still exist in Israel which prove the Bible is real. You can see them. You can touch them. Hell you can even walk through some. It's not that the facts aren't there. It's just that you choose not to see them. And that's okay. Just don't expect to sit there and tell me it's not real....
And the Bible is just a book, written by a number of people who lived thousands of years ago. Their knowledge of local places and inclusion of these places in their stories is to be expected. It does not prove the stories are any more real that Harry Potter.
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
... Cause I'll call you a liar to your face.
Yep, you're a Christian. The ad homenim does nothing by informs everybody that you are incapable of adult conversation. Sorry to have disturbed you.
Thinking

Newbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

In this context, define your meaning of the word "witchcraft".
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I believe that someone could be turned into a Zombie through witchcraft? Sure.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...no. Religion is man-made. God is not. The God of Judaism and Christianity (even the Allah of Islam) originated in Israel....
There goes another irony meter.

“ecrasez l'infame”

Atlanta, Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>Do I believe that someone could be turned into a Zombie through witchcraft? Sure.
Do you still kill witches?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So my question, as posed to atheists, is what proof or evidence do you have to prove your BELIEF that God is not real?
Can I prove that fairies do not exist at the bottom of my garden?

Impossible to definately disprove an invisible and silent entity.

However.. 1) Gods and religions are man made, 2) prayers go unanswered, fails to heal amputees etc 3) problem of evil and problem of suffering, 4) bible and quran contradictions, errors and absurdities.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't already engaging in discussion? I do cherish my beliefs. And ya can't prove them to be wrong. In regards to the Bible. We are in agreement that this ancient book pocesses things that can be verified by archeology. You don't get to handpick what makes it a valid historical document or not. Either it is or it isn't.
No, that is wrong. it can be valid about some things and wrong about others. In the case of the Bible, it is wrong about the global flood and Exodus and correct about Darius being the Persian king at one point.
The fact is the contents of the Bible CAN be verified through the science of archeology. Noah's ark has been found busted into two pieces and sitting at the top of a mountain in modern day Turkey. I really could go on and on. Why is this even a discussion?
Because the assumption you make is that the Bible is either tpotally true or totally wrong. The Old Testament is a propaganda book for the ancient Israelites. And the New Testament shows how mystery religions grew in the Roman empire.

No, Noah's ark has not been found. There have been claims from Christian missionaries, but the pictures they provided are of rock formations and not of a boat.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! Do you even hear yourself when you talk? A historically accurate work of FICTION? SMH
Yes, this happens all the time. It is fiction placed in a historical context with the characters doing some of the things from history, but the conversation, analysis, etc all fictionalized. Furthermore, much of the early Bible was originally oral tradition. That means they often 'expanded' the stories to both be memorable and exciting to the audience. So they used real places and real people, but put in legends and mythical elements. yes, this even happens today: ever hear of Washington chopping down the cherry tree? It never happened, but it is a good story. And Washington was a real person.
DaBroad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The bible is no more or less accurate than any holy text. Faith in a book is faith misplaced. Books were written by humans, and the words are colored by the personal idiosyncracies of the writers and if the culture in which they were written. In times when manuscripts were copied by hand, a little creative editing was often employed. Nuances of dead languages are lost in translation. Indeed, the meaning of an entire passage can be changed by using a different translation of a single word.
As for the "earth based" or pagan faiths without a sacred text, faith is a desire to return to life more in sync with the world around us. The monotheistic"big 3" are conquering, warrior religions, intent on proving the god-bestowed superiority of man over nature. It seems that many people are realizing that we live in this world, the one world we have, and conquering or subverting nature to our needs is not necessarily the best option.
Is there a god? I don't know. Nobody does. It can neither be proven nor disproven. To try to force everyone to believe what you do is a sign of insecurity in your own beliefs. Fundamentalism, whether of belief or disbelief, garners only fanatics and zealots. It is better to say, you believe as you do and I as I do. There is no need to attempt to convert anyone else. Belief or disbelief cannot be forced upon another person.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the satellite imagery of the ark (which meets the exact specifications laid out in the Bible) sitting broken into two different pieces on the top of Mt. Ararat in modern day Turkey. Explain why they guard it do heavily. What are they hiding? History was passed down by word of mouth for generations long before we started writing it down in our history books. That doesn't disprove anything. Josephus, a renowned Jewish historian, wrote about Noah's ark. As well as many many other things written in the Bible. He wasn't a scholar. He wasn't a Rabbi. He was a HISTORIAN. Hell Plato (the Greek philosopher. remember him?) even wrote about the location of Atlantis. Guess how he heard about it's whereabouts. Word of mouth. You gonna call him a liar too? You can twist and manipulate things in any way you want in an effort to prove your point, but facts are facts.
Yes, Plato wrote about Atlantis and Atlantis doesn't exist. It is a *legend* and may have derived from the volcanic destruction of the island of Thera. Was Plato a liar? Well, I think be probably believed what he wrote. He was also wrong.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
Noah's ark, or at the very least the proof of a great flood, has been found and written about (just like in the Bible) thereby proving that it did indeed take place. Same thing. This only goes to prove the authenticity of the Bible. Not disprove it.
Except that geology conclusively shows there was NOT a global flood. There *were* local floods and even some candidates in Mesopotamia for the origin of the Noah legend.
Also the characters in Harry potter were fictional characters. The "characters" in the Bible are real. The proof is in the genealogy. Jews and Muslims alike can trace their genealogy back to Isaac and Ishmael, two Biblical brothers, who are viewed as the patriarchs of these two religions.
You aren't very good with the concept of a legend, are you? The genealogiest are *fiction*. They are made up in the same way that the genealogies of Roman emperors were made up to show they were descended from the Gods.
Ancient biblical ruins still exist in Israel which prove the Bible is real. You can see them. You can touch them. Hell you can even walk through some. It's not that the facts aren't there. It's just that you choose not to see them. And that's okay. Just don't expect to sit there and tell me it's not real. Cause I'll call you a liar to your face.
Yes, once again, the Bible starts being accurate about some events, places, and people about 900BC. before that, it is legend. It actually contradicts the archeological facts from before that time.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>I know that God works miracles because I am one. This "retarded at best" child was actually born with above average intelligence. God has blessed me with the love of a good man and two beautiful baby girls. I have an education and a family who loves me. Do I have money in the bank? Not much. Yet I still give what I have to charity every chance I get. I am grateful. I am grateful for a chance to live and love and enjoy life. So do I believe in a God who is greater than myself? Absofuckinglutely!
Nicely said! I am fortunate that I have been able to be successful in life with my businesses and my income. I do give a lot to charities and randomly give homeless people food, blankets, and jackets. I feel it's important to work hard and share. Family is key and someday I will settle down.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely said! I am fortunate that I have been able to be successful in life with my businesses and my income. I do give a lot to charities and randomly give homeless people food, blankets, and jackets. I feel it's important to work hard and share. Family is key and someday I will settle down.
Nobody wants to marry a creationist liar who goes around calling atheists child molestors and hitler. Your bullsh*t is ridiculous.
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Cannibalistic vampire zombies!
If another religion believed in the nonsense they do, they would be the first to call it a satanic cult.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. But could you have several different characters writing several different stories within the same book? Also there are aspects of the Bible that have been proven to be true.
And there are many aspects which have been proven false.

- Creation
- Adam and Eve
- Noah's Flood
- The Exodus
- Joshua and Jericho

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming one cannot write a work of fiction that is hitorically accurate? Seriously??? LOL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••