Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Jo x

Glasgow, UK

#4386 Jan 27, 2013
pinch111 wrote:
<quoted text>No Atheists tend to be as arrogant in their disbelief as many religious zealots are in their beliefs,Agnostics less so.
I have a tendancy to agree with your thoughts. I know a few athiests who can be very dismissive in the beliefs of spiritual people. The article irritated me because as a Pagan, i do not align myself as an athiest (as the article implies). The article is discussing the Abrahamic religions, which are in the majority of the human race. However, increasingly in the developed countries, people are no longer looking to the 'One true God' for comfort. Other spiritualites are on the rise. Organised religion is a very powerful socio-politico force, which at its best gives humans a template on which to have emapathy for other people. However, it also has an extremely evil dark side and historically this is a fact and continues today. What Atheism brings is a different point of view, in that we do not need Religion or Spirituality to life a full life. None of us can say they are wrong, that is a belief like all Human Religions and faiths. Therefore, they deserve the same respect that we try to give each other.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4387 Jan 27, 2013
THE WORKS OF PLATO, ARISTOTLE AND SOCRATES DEAL WITH IDEAS that can be debated and discussed, and linked to philosophical discussions that do not require leaps of faith and are not culture bound, but can be linked to other philosophical ideas from around the world, across time. Thinkers are invited to think freely and openly and not be threatened with hell and damnation. Thinkers are encouraged to be rational and logical, not encouraged to engage in magical thinking and illogical and irrational, like religions encourage in their followers. These works set forward ideas and theses that can be tested and validated, or disproved, or modified and qualified by boundaries and conditions.
As a previous poster stated, many of the ideas in these works have been proven wrong or not completely valid, but the authors, whoever they were, did not require or put forward dogma, but ideas to be tested, discussed and debated, and were open to being proven wrong or shown to be errors in thought or belief, qualities totally absent from theological thinking.
The works stand on their own and can be accepted, in total, or partially, or rejected, in total or partially, without it being perceived to impact on morally, ethically, and being a total way of life and belief that can be shattered if one rejects elements or parts, as would happen within theology, where disbelief or discarding a key element is viewed as undermining the entire religion because everything is interconnected in the belief system of religious idiots. In Pagan minds, Aristotle could be rejected. In western Christian minds, Aristotle became fixed dogma, and when challenged by Gallileo and others, became heresy, even though Aristotle had been a pagan!!! LOL
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4388 Jan 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What's it like hearing the words "allahu akbar" without a large explosion following it?
Because every time I see muslims in places like Syria and Egypt on the news, that's what I have to endure.
<quoted text>
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW RUPERT MURDOCH CONTROLLED ALL THE UK GOVERNMENTS AND SHAPED EVERYTHING BRITONS VIEWED AS "NEWS" for decades, and invented fake news and sold it to gullible twits like you, which you swallowed hook line and sinker? LOL Run along.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4389 Jan 27, 2013
pinch111 wrote:
<quoted text>No Atheists tend to be as arrogant in their disbelief as many religious zealots are in their beliefs,Agnostics less so.
So the difference is only the ardence with which they dismiss faries at the bottom of the garden .... er I mean "Gawd".

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4390 Jan 27, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact.

You have no evidence your creator exists. Therefore if you are looking for him to "bestow" something, you are SOL.

The rest of us can claim our rights and our heritage as humans evolved from an ape like ancestor.... Well except the Christians, they don't evolve.
"Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact."

You're a pin head.

There because I called you a pin head that makes it a fact that you're a pin head.

Location hidden

#4391 Jan 27, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you reduce it to an overly simplistic statement that is blatently incorrect. You repeat it like a parrot despite all attempts to explain, ergo you are being deliberately obtuse methinks.

Your problem, not mine.
You're right

Location hidden

#4392 Jan 27, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. It was nerely a big F you to King George. Nothing more. The constitution is what gives you your rights in this country. And there is nothing christian or religious in the document.
Sorry it's much more then a F bomb to King George. It's a legal document.

The Declaration justified the independence of the United States by listing colonial grievances against King George III, and by asserting certain natural and legal rights, including a right of revolution. Having served its original purpose in announcing independence, the text of the Declaration was initially ignored after the American Revolution. Since then, it has come to be considered a major statement on human rights, particularly its second sentence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

This has been called "one of the best-known sentences in the English language", containing "the most potent and consequential words in American history." The passage came to represent a moral standard to which the United States should strive. This view was notably promoted by Abraham Lincoln, who considered the Declaration to be the foundation of his political philosophy, and argued that the Declaration is a statement of principles through which the United States Constitution should be interpreted. It has inspired work for the rights of marginalized people throughout the world.

Location hidden

#4393 Jan 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Langoliers isn't the brightest bulb in the drawer...
That's about as funny as a screen door on a battle ship.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4394 Jan 27, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves my case, you are not "fully evolved"....may be if you were to live amongst apes and primates, they might understand you better!!
You want him to live in Saudi Arabia?

Location hidden

#4395 Jan 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Here you "scared of being an ape", ape boy, it's fixed. Small differences, but differences, nonetheless.

Now let us see your superiority "god spawn" strut. Pay no attention to the "better educated than you" primates around you.

And btw, when you claim to be human, you are claiming to be both ape and primate. That is what "human" is.

How much does it hurt, that your upper hand, is only in your mind?
Putting it mildly yes. I do not wish to be nothing more then an animal. No meaning to life, no difference between me and Hitler or Ted Bundy or any other scum bag that walks the planet.

Ya no thanks you go right ahead with out me.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#4396 Jan 27, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you would chicken out.
Since you think there would be proof that you are a primate in your blood, you can't take the chance on it being found out right? Would your religion of peace buddies, stone you to death, if you had your DNA mapped?
And no one is fully evolved, we all continue to evolve.
Does not matter MUQ is amoral.

MUQ and the religion MUQ believes in condone:

Rape
Murder
Genocide

Any atrocities that are done in the name of their god.

For that reason alone anyone such as MUQ (MUCK) should be ignored except in defense of one’s self or family.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4397 Jan 27, 2013
If you are truly laughing out loud, there are mental health professionals that may be able to help you.
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW RUPERT MURDOCH CONTROLLED ALL THE UK GOVERNMENTS AND SHAPED EVERYTHING BRITONS VIEWED AS "NEWS" for decades, and invented fake news and sold it to gullible twits like you, which you swallowed hook line and sinker? LOL Run along.

Location hidden

#4398 Jan 27, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
JESUS IS A PURELY FICTIONAL CHARACTER, NO MORE REAL THAN MICKEY MOUSE

Religions are based on fairy tales for the weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill.
I had my picture taken with Micky Mouse! And he did show up on the film.
How about that!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4399 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I had my picture taken with Micky Mouse! And he did show up on the film.
How about that!
Does he pay taxes?

Location hidden

#4400 Jan 27, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>Does he pay taxes?
I don't know, it wasn't part of the conversation. Do you think he's an illegal alien?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4401 Jan 27, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
THE WORKS OF PLATO, ARISTOTLE AND SOCRATES DEAL WITH IDEAS that can be debated and discussed, and linked to philosophical discussions that do not require leaps of faith and are not culture bound, but can be linked to other philosophical ideas from around the world, across time. Thinkers are invited to think freely and openly and not be threatened with hell and damnation. Thinkers are encouraged to be rational and logical, not encouraged to engage in magical thinking and illogical and irrational, like religions encourage in their followers. These works set forward ideas and theses that can be tested and validated, or disproved, or modified and qualified by boundaries and conditions.
As a previous poster stated, many of the ideas in these works have been proven wrong or not completely valid, but the authors, whoever they were, did not require or put forward dogma, but ideas to be tested, discussed and debated, and were open to being proven wrong or shown to be errors in thought or belief, qualities totally absent from theological thinking.
The works stand on their own and can be accepted, in total, or partially, or rejected, in total or partially, without it being perceived to impact on morally, ethically, and being a total way of life and belief that can be shattered if one rejects elements or parts, as would happen within theology, where disbelief or discarding a key element is viewed as undermining the entire religion because everything is interconnected in the belief system of religious idiots. In Pagan minds, Aristotle could be rejected. In western Christian minds, Aristotle became fixed dogma, and when challenged by Gallileo and others, became heresy, even though Aristotle had been a pagan!!! LOL
For the upteenth time....someone has not read the works of Plato, Socrates and Aristotle..

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4402 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Putting it mildly yes. I do not wish to be nothing more then an animal. No meaning to life, no difference between me and Hitler or Ted Bundy or any other scum bag that walks the planet.
Ya no thanks you go right ahead with out me.
1) Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

2) Do your cells have membranes made of lipids rather than walls made from glucosides and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

3) During embry development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

4) Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

5) Are air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands, the ability to regulate internal temperature and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

6) Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

7) Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

8) Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, a fused frontal bone, convoluted cerebral hemispheres, a large brain for his size of mammal, color vision, a lack of tail, and a lack of cheek pouches? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape. It is a simple biological fact.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#4403 Jan 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Humans are apes. All Humans are apes. That's just taxonomy, it's a fact."
You're a pin head.
There because I called you a pin head that makes it a fact that you're a pin head.
If you understood logic, you wouldn't be a fundie.

Location hidden

#4404 Jan 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>1) Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

2) Do your cells have membranes made of lipids rather than walls made from glucosides and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

3) During embry development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

4) Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

5) Are air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands, the ability to regulate internal temperature and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

6) Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

7) Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

8) Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, a fused frontal bone, convoluted cerebral hemispheres, a large brain for his size of mammal, color vision, a lack of tail, and a lack of cheek pouches? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape. It is a simple biological fact.
Why that is against my believe. I am man not ape. I would hope you can understand the difference.

As I've said many times you all have fun calling yourselves apes. I'm not with you on that. Just because someone says you're an ape doesn't make it so.

You see I look at things like this. We have a fused chromosome number 2 no animal in the ape family has that. I see that as proof we are not related you see it as proof we are related. Which sounds more ridicules? Does it matter? You're not changing your views and I'm not changing mine.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4405 Jan 27, 2013
See gang this is why you can't argue science with a YEC. They lack the resources to even comprehend what is being said.

So hey stop scampering for a minute oh lover of lame Stephen King TV mini series and tell us what it means to dash every infant to pieces? Isaiah 13:16.

Perhaps one tells the infants before dashing them to pieces that this is an important prophecy of god?
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why that is against my believe. I am man not ape. I would hope you can understand the difference.
As I've said many times you all have fun calling yourselves apes. I'm not with you on that. Just because someone says you're an ape doesn't make it so.
You see I look at things like this. We have a fused chromosome number 2 no animal in the ape family has that. I see that as proof we are not related you see it as proof we are related. Which sounds more ridicules? Does it matter? You're not changing your views and I'm not changing mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 min Mikey 2,285
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Sharky 50,066
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 11 min Reverend Alan 140
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 16 min Pietro Armando 1,041
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 20 min TomInElPaso 647
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 23 min WeTheSheeple 13
Cops Outnumber Marchers in Belgrade Gay Pride P... 47 min Hungarian 101 24
What if high court rejects gay marriage cases? 1 hr WeTheSheeple 13
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 2 hr Belle Sexton 169

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE