Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4343 Jan 25, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"Twas the night before Christmas" proves Clement Clarke Moore existed. It does not prove Santa Claus existed.
"The Buy Bull's Pauline letters" proves Saul/Paul of Tarsus existed. It does not prove Jesus Christ existed.
Try to pay attention for crying out loud!!
Note to Fitz and Ooogah Boogah: The story about the night before Christmas is called "A Visit from Saint Nicholas." (I know, I'm a stickler. Just sayin'.)

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#4344 Jan 25, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
This kind of open and obvious agi-prop reveals the mindset of your average "atheist"..
Real atheists dont argue Jesus as a historical figure, they dont dismiss whole swaths of the population past & present inlcuding some of its greatest and most prolific artists, writers, academics, scientists, lawyers, doctors,(on ad in finitum) as "weak-minded, gullible and mentally ill" -(like Ganhi, Martin Luther King and Pope John Paul the II ...huh)
Nor do they dismiss the most widely read, published and influential book (by far) in western history to be based on "fairy tales".
Clearly this is anti-religious bigotry at its most obvious. It is fodder for little minds that use these straw-man arguments and non starters as a way to engrandize there ego's by hoisting themselves over such large numbers of their fellow men (past & present).
Its all rather transparent... Their are serious minded atheists in the world who have a strong case for the (non) exsitance of God as well as compelling cases to be made against religion as well as Christianity in particular... they just apparently are not making them on this particular thread (with one exception)
Not all of us atheists/agnostics believe that Jesus is fictional. I believe that he was indeed a real person who had the delusion that he was the son of God. But there is no strong evidence of his existence.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#4345 Jan 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Nicht gross. Klein!
<quoted text>
Große Muskeln, kleine Hoden. Ein lauterer Handel? Ich denke nicht.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#4346 Jan 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I let you guys be apes just like you claim. I'm human your ape I have creator you were bore by a baboon.
I get unalienable rights you don't.
Fairly simple.
LOL. This really bugging you guys.
Again, you reduce it to an overly simplistic statement that is blatently incorrect. You repeat it like a parrot despite all attempts to explain, ergo you are being deliberately obtuse methinks.

Your problem, not mine.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#4347 Jan 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I will let you guys be apes, just like you claim. I'm human and you are apes. I have a creator and you were borne by a baboon.
I get unalienable rights, you don't.
Fairly simple.
LOL. This is really bugging you guys.
Here you "scared of being an ape", ape boy, it's fixed. Small differences, but differences, nonetheless.

Now let us see your superiority "god spawn" strut. Pay no attention to the "better educated than you" primates around you.

And btw, when you claim to be human, you are claiming to be both ape and primate. That is what "human" is.

How much does it hurt, that your upper hand, is only in your mind?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#4348 Jan 26, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Here you "scared of being an ape", ape boy, it's fixed. Small differences, but differences, nonetheless.
Now let us see your superiority "god spawn" strut. Pay no attention to the "better educated than you" primates around you.
And btw, when you claim to be human, you are claiming to be both ape and primate. That is what "human" is.
How much does it hurt, that your upper hand, is only in your mind?
At least you do not show any "human like qualities" I mean when reason and logic are concerned.

I think some links are missing in your evolution tree, may be you should go to jungles and find your "closest related" are or ape like creature or some one a cross between ape and humans.

Earth,TX

#4349 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you do not show any "human like qualities" I mean when reason and logic are concerned.
I think some links are missing in your evolution tree, may be you should go to jungles and find your "closest related" are or ape like creature or some one a cross between ape and humans.
Being a primate scares you, doesn't it? Care to claim that you are not?
It is easy to prove, yet I would put $100,000 cash on the line, saying you would not have your blood and DNA mapped to prove otherwise. Get used to it ape-boy, human is ape, human is primate.

Earth,TX

#4350 Jan 26, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
... and btw, that was but a mediocre "god spawn" strut. Surely you can do better?

Location hidden

#4351 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who have tried to develop a standard of proof that demoands "evidence" outide the writting themselves.
Jackass flailing with no proof of god.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4352 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh...the people you think are "idiots" did what?
Gahdi - Freed an entire civilization from colonial domination without firing a shot
MLK.- A devoutly religious man as demonstrated by his church based non-violant protest movement, his constant use of Biblical imagerey in scriptural passages throughout his speeches and sermons, and his writtings such as "Letters from a Birmingham Jail"
Ended racial segregation without firing a shot.
Pope John Paul the Second - Brought down Communism and the Societ Empire without firing a shot.
To the atheist mind these are "idiots"
LOLLL Where did you get your doctorate in history? Ask for your money back because you got a miseducation of the worst kind!

So, according to you, Gandhiji freed a nation without firing a shot? What role did Dr Ambedkar play? Or Jawarhalal Nehru, or Azad, or Patel, or the millions and millions of people who marched and protested? Moreover, why does modern India celebrate the rebel leader, Subash Chandra Bhose and the Indian National Army as great heroes in the liberation of India??? The British got out of India for the same reason the Dutch cut and ran from Indonesia, and the French pulled out of Viet Nam and the Portuguese pulled out of Goa, Mozambique and Angola, and the British pulled out of America---they lost the struggle to hang on and faced a bloodbath!!!

Why did the Soviet Union collapse? Because of the Leader of the Pedophiles? Nope! Reagan engaged in an arms race and the Warsaw Pact had their troops back broken in Afghanistan against a ragtag pick-up team of irregulars.

As for the Civil Rights movement, MLK was one of many leaders, not least of which was Malcolm X, the leadership of the Black Panthers, ordinary people who rose to the occasion, like Rosa Parks, and the Black Consciousness Movement, which had roots in actions of people like Paul Robeson, the singer, Jesse Owens, the athlete, and a whole host of other people, including the Nation of Islam and other movements, like the NAACP. The Soviets were using the racial segregation in America to batter America on the world stage and it became politically necessary for America to act to save American interests in Africa and Asia and Europe where American leadership was being undermined by rednecks in America. The Civil Rights movement was underway and MLK latched onto it--he did not invent it and at the time of MLK's death, segregation had not yet ended in America!

Your "great man" approach to history has been debunked and discarded by professional historians over half a century ago in America itself, and much longer in the rest of the world!!

Run along you idiot! You are a servant of Satan!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

#4353 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ...someone has never read the works of Plato, Socrates and Arostotle. Multiple theological claims are made as well as multiple claims about the nature of the physical as well as metaphysical universe.
If these "stand on their own" then so does scripture.
State the theological claims contained in the work of Plato!
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#4354 Jan 26, 2013
Das stimmt.
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Große Muskeln, kleine Hoden. Ein lauterer Handel? Ich denke nicht.
Lincoln

United States

#4355 Jan 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"Twas the night before Christmas" proves Clement Clarke Moore existed. It does not prove Santa Claus existed.
"The Buy Bull's Pauline letters" proves Saul/Paul of Tarsus existed. It does not prove Jesus Christ existed.
Try to pay attention for crying out loud!!
Your collected posts indicate that you feel things deeply in a manner not in connection with reality but expressed with some
desire
to
be
important?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4356 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep failing your own standard.
Remeber I aleady know about the compilation of scripture and what predates what..I aleady know that hearsay (a legal concept) dosent apply to the oral traditions and first person accounts that contemporary scholars consider valid sourcing of eye witness testimony.
It is you who have tried to develop a standard of proof that demoands "evidence" outide the writting themselves.
By your own standard you cant prove these people even exist or ever existed.
Wrong! The concept of hearsay and legend absolutely does apply to "oral tradition" because that is exactly what it is.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#4357 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ...someone has never read the works of Plato, Socrates and Arostotle. Multiple theological claims are made as well as multiple claims about the nature of the physical as well as metaphysical universe.
If these "stand on their own" then so does scripture.
Incorrect!

Water is wet is an idea that stands on its own.

Flying pigs is an idea that does not stand on it's own.

The ideas of Plato, Socrates and Aristotle stand on their own.

The ideas of "scripture" like the walking on water guy and the magic sky daddy do not stand on their own.

Get it? Bet not!!
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4358 Jan 26, 2013
Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLLL Where did you get your doctorate in history? Ask for your money back because you got a miseducation of the worst kind!
So, according to you, Gandhiji freed a nation without firing a shot? What role did Dr Ambedkar play? Or Jawarhalal Nehru, or Azad, or Patel, or the millions and millions of people who marched and protested? Moreover, why does modern India celebrate the rebel leader, Subash Chandra Bhose and the Indian National Army as great heroes in the liberation of India??? The British got out of India for the same reason the Dutch cut and ran from Indonesia, and the French pulled out of Viet Nam and the Portuguese pulled out of Goa, Mozambique and Angola, and the British pulled out of America---they lost the struggle to hang on and faced a bloodbath!!!
Why did the Soviet Union collapse? Because of the Leader of the Pedophiles? Nope! Reagan engaged in an arms race and the Warsaw Pact had their troops back broken in Afghanistan against a ragtag pick-up team of irregulars.
As for the Civil Rights movement, MLK was one of many leaders, not least of which was Malcolm X, the leadership of the Black Panthers, ordinary people who rose to the occasion, like Rosa Parks, and the Black Consciousness Movement, which had roots in actions of people like Paul Robeson, the singer, Jesse Owens, the athlete, and a whole host of other people, including the Nation of Islam and other movements, like the NAACP. The Soviets were using the racial segregation in America to batter America on the world stage and it became politically necessary for America to act to save American interests in Africa and Asia and Europe where American leadership was being undermined by rednecks in America. The Civil Rights movement was underway and MLK latched onto it--he did not invent it and at the time of MLK's death, segregation had not yet ended in America!
Your "great man" approach to history has been debunked and discarded by professional historians over half a century ago in America itself, and much longer in the rest of the world!!
Run along you idiot! You are a servant of Satan!!!
Gosh, other people had a hand in history other than the ddeply religious leaders typically given the lions share of credit!! Who new??? And this repudiates my point how???

I guess when you loose an argument its nice to switch topics.

And how can I serve someone who you dont believe even exists?
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4359 Jan 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect!
Water is wet is an idea that stands on its own.
Flying pigs is an idea that does not stand on it's own.
The ideas of Plato, Socrates and Aristotle stand on their own.
The ideas of "scripture" like the walking on water guy and the magic sky daddy do not stand on their own.
Get it? Bet not!!
Someone has obviously never read Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates.
Fitz

Roseville, MI

#4360 Jan 26, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! The concept of hearsay and legend absolutely does apply to "oral tradition" because that is exactly what it is.
Historians know that oral traditions are very reliable conduits of hiostorical knowledge and differ sharply from story telling and legends in both substance and practice.

The Gospels were first person accounts made by people who were eye witnesses.. They have as much veracity as the letters of Paul...that we have zero evidence were written by Paul and you fail by your own inconsistant "standard" that you established to make a point that has now backfired on you.

The reason for this is simple. Unlike serious minds that dont doubt the historical existance of Jesus.. they are apporaching the subject the same way the apporach any historical figure.

You however have a deep seated bias against religion and want to mock figures like Jesus, in that persuit you end up engaging in arguments that hold impossible to maintain "standards of proof" that resonable people dont apply and that you cannot apply with any consitancy or accuracy..

Nice Job painting yourself into a corner.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4361 Jan 26, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone has obviously never read Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates.
Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle, while clearly great thinkers for their time, made a lot of mistakes. Socrates made many very basic logic errors in his questioning. Plato's version of the ideal world is clearly wrong in many ways. Aristotle was better than Plato because he at least considered the real world worthy of explanation, but he was wrong about most of his physics (for example). His ideas about causality are fundamentally flawed.

These three are important because they got us working towards a better understanding of ourselves and the universe around us. But, as the ones making the first steps, they did not reach that goal and they fell into some troubles that were not fixed for thousands of years.

So where were we again?
Jumper

Owensboro, KY

#4362 Jan 26, 2013
Yea I guess THAT shut them up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Egypt cuts jail terms in gay wedding case 4 min Rick in Kansas 5
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min lides 6,140
Ukip candidate: 'Gay donkey tried to rape my ho... 17 min James 56
Adebisi Alimi: Gay Nigerian Actor Puts His Sexu... 17 min Devin 1
Happily ever after? Charges reduced to one year... 19 min Devin 2
Supreme Court Has 'Tipped Its Hand' In Favor Of... 27 min Reverend Alan 43
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 42 min Reverend Alan 3,142
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Rick in Kansas 5,313
Prison Sex, Nude Selfies, Science, and Scandals... 15 hr Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web