Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 194)

Showing posts 3,861 - 3,880 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. "
LMAO!
Nut case! LOL
"H. G. Wells, British writer, 1866-1946
When asked which person left the most permanent impression on history, he replied that judging a person’s greatness by historical standards:
“By this test, Jesus stands first.”
“I am a historian, I am not a believer, but I must confess as a historian that this penniless preacher from Nazareth is irrevocably the very center of history. Jesus Christ is easily the most dominant figure in all history.”
“Christ is the most unique person of history. No man can write a history of the human race without giving first and foremost place to the penniless teacher of Nazareth.”
Kenneth Scott Latourette, former President of American Historic Society
In A History of Christianity:
“It is evidence of His importance, of the effect that He has had upon history and presumably, of the baffling mystery of His being that no other life ever lived on this planet has evoked so huge a volume of literature among so many people and languages, and that, far from ebbing, the flood continues to mount.”
“As the centuries pass by, the evidence is accumulating that measured by its effect on history, Jesus is the most influential life ever lived on this planet. The influence appears to be mounting.”
“No other life lived on this planet has so widely and deeply affected mankind.”
George Bancroft, great American historian
“I find the name of Jesus Christ written on the top of every page of modern history.”"
http://www.why-jesus.com/history.htm
WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???

Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

WHY DO THESE CHRISTIANS LIE ABOUT FACTS AND RESEARCH FINDINGS? I guess they know they have no evidence so they need to fabricate and lie. Poor things. They live a lie.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Nazareth did exist at the time, that's not evidence that Jesus is an historical figure. Many fictional stories take place in real places.
MICKEY MOUSE WAS SPOTTED IN FLORIDA, Florida exists, therefore Mickey the talking mouse must exist too!!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>Please produce the link to Alexandre's peer-reviewed journal article that supports the claims you make. Fact is you are lying and there is no such finding as you claim. Produce the article in a peer reviewed journal, not some unethical liar christofundie site, or be exposed for the liar and cheat you are.
"Please produce the link to Alexandre's peer-reviewed journal article that supports the claims you make"

LOL. What you telling me that you don't know how to Google?

Idiot!

It is a fact that Nazareth is being excavated. It is a fact that Nazareth has been dated to the days of Jesus. These are hard facts nothing you can post will prove other wise. So dream on you little devil.

And I will not expose myself to you! LOL

What a Dolt!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???

Fact is that there is zero proof that Jesus Christ is a historical character. There is a consensus amongst credible historians that the bible is a work of fiction and Jesus and Moses are fictional characters, along with all the other key characters in the bible.
You go right ahead and believe them.
You do realize that your numbers are very low compared to Theist.

In fact atheist make up a whole 2.04% of the worlds population. Yup that's it just barely over 2%!
And yet you all stand on your little soap boxes claiming that all the rest of the worlds population is wrong. LOL

That sounds like a small (very small) group of people that believe in the atheist fairy tale.

I suggest you look in the mirror when you're talking about fairy tales.

The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.

Wow. A whole 2.04% you guys are kicking some ass. LOL

Type all the lie you want but survey after survey shows Atheist below 2.5%

Have a nice day now ya hear?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Aliroger1 wrote:
<quoted text>MICKEY MOUSE WAS SPOTTED IN FLORIDA, Florida exists, therefore Mickey the talking mouse must exist too!!!
Yes sir right there in Disney World.

Like is this news to you?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Christian Sabbath Observed
Barack Obama has officially been sworn in for his second term as US president in a small ceremony at the White House.
Mr Obama took the oath in the Blue Room to meet the 20 January date set out in the US Constitution.
Given this fell on a Sunday, a public inauguration with pomp and circumstance will take place on Monday.
Vice-President Joe Biden was sworn in for a second term at a small ceremony at his official residence earlier on Sunday morning.
Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts administered the oath of office to Mr Obama, witnessed by First Lady Michelle Obama and their daughters Sasha and Malia as well as some family members and reporters.
Resting his hand on a Bible used for many years by his wife's family, Mr Obama vowed "to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".
He will repeat those words during Monday's public inauguration, in which he will also set out his plans for the next four years.
Mr Biden will also repeat his oath publicly on Monday
What will be Mr. Biden's plans for Next four years? "Secret" prayers to Lord that "some thing" happens to the Top Guy?

Or paying lip service to Obama for all these eight years and then "distance himself away from him" when his Candidature for President is out and say "he never shared" the Obama dream or his way of doing things!

You see nothing but hypcrites and Traitors in these politicians!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact atheist make up a whole 2.04% of the worlds population. Yup that's it just barely over 2%!
And yet you all stand on your little soap boxes claiming that all the rest of the worlds population is wrong. LOL
That sounds like a small (very small) group of people that believe in the atheist fairy tale.
The CIA World Factbook gives the world population as 7,021,836,029 (July 2012 est.) and the distribution of religions as Christian 33.35%(of which Roman Catholic 16.83%, Protestant 6.08%, Orthodox 4.03%, Anglican 1.26%), Muslim 22.43%, Hindu 13.78%, Buddhist 7.13%, Sikh 0.36%, Jewish 0.21%, Baha'i 0.11%, other religions 11.17%, non-religious 9.42%, atheists 2.04%.
These Atheists have been in Miniscule minority in entire history of human kind, but they are making so much noise as if they constitute majority in human population.

If there was real democracy in the world these people would have been given 2.04 % of time and space in Media and in facilities.

But they try to grab, 97.96 % of all facilities and "Push" the majority to share 2.04 % of space.

Another Anomaly of our Modern Democratic System...share everything equally, even if you are in a miniscule minority!!

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Exactly and well said! We do not have the historical secular proper documentation to back up what the bible myth says. All we have is.. The bible is true because it says so!

Lol and idiots fall for that!
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you believe a book of myths? All the Bible does is proclaim itself to be true. How do we know it's true? Well, it's divinely inspired. How do we know that the Bible is divinely inspired? Because it tells us!
So...how do we know the Bible is accurate?
Oh...the Bible tells us it is, and it's the word of God, so it must be.
Right, so how do we know that the Bible is accurate?
This is why I don't trust religion to provide answers. You guys don't seem to have a functional understanding of logic.
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I made the following post and the reply above is what I got. When I made the previous post requesting proof and evidence, a list of drivel was provided. I have to conclude you have no proof and no evidence to contradict what I state:

WHERE IS THE 100% PROOF THAT JESUS AND THE BIBLE ARE NOT FICTIONAL???

Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

One billion flies circling a steaming pile of excrement will not change my mind on how appetizing their meal is!!!
Aliroger1

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes sir right there in Disney World.
Like is this news to you?
Wow, you believe Mickey Mouse is real, just like you believe Jesus is real!!! I see. Carry on. LOL

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Hey retard! You still humiliating yourself with that huckster Christian con-woman Yardenna Alexandre and her scam Mary's well? The same con-woman who's team was caught red handed sneaking in first century coins to be (discovered) there and later issues an apology?

The same huckster that sells dirt and tours of the place to rubes even after other archeology experts examined the well and pieces of wood that are jokingly referred to as a structure and other experts date the same artifacts as from late second century to early third century?

In the bible Nazareth is said to have a synagogue any luck finding that? Nope. Nazareth was said to have a cliff that the angry Jews wanted to toss Jesus off of remember that? The closest mountain is 8 miles away and to get to any cliff portion of it one would have a treacherous climb by today's standards. I guess Jesus just went along for an 8 mile hike and perilous climb before saying hey no way!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!

What's next retard? The shroud of Turin?!!

I can't believe you are so stupid you fell for the Mary's well scam! A sucker born every minute.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Yardenna Alexandre, excavation director on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority,“The discovery is of the utmost importance since it reveals for the very first time a house from the Jewish village of Nazareth

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

He's a low IQ retard. I could count on one hand how many times we have discussed religion. Honestly it doesn't come up either which way. She goes to church for Easter and Christmas or some special family visiting event otherwise meh whatever.
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>What is wrong with that?
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

So, when will islamic Female Genital Mutilation end?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What will be Mr. Biden's plans for Next four years? "Secret" prayers to Lord that "some thing" happens to the Top Guy?
Or paying lip service to Obama for all these eight years and then "distance himself away from him" when his Candidature for President is out and say "he never shared" the Obama dream or his way of doing things!
You see nothing but hypcrites and Traitors in these politicians!!
pinch111

Camborne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
These Atheists have been in Miniscule minority in entire history of human kind, but they are making so much noise as if they constitute majority in human population.
If there was real democracy in the world these people would have been given 2.04 % of time and space in Media and in facilities.
But they try to grab, 97.96 % of all facilities and "Push" the majority to share 2.04 % of space.
Another Anomaly of our Modern Democratic System...share everything equally, even if you are in a miniscule minority!!
Since when did being in a minority mean you are wrong?,the majority of people going back in history thought the world was flat.Religion always has and without proof an aftelife written in.Is religion born out of a fear of death a vain attempt to deny mortality?CIA has been mentioned as a source of figures,if by CIA what is meant is the Central Intelligence Agency then i would treat the information and figures as suspect,they are very good at disinformation to the extent that they can hand in hand with the arms industry control Presidential decisions[the tail wags the dog]especially when foreign policy is concerned,remember the weapons of mass destruction?,but that is another subject,sorry.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Just one problem with that loon guess. Lack of documentation: the historical documents, eye witness accounts and pictorial evidence.
There is nothing that can't be found on the internet, though.
Example Jesus was a woman?
Google that and you get results, boy do you get results.
A few years ago, I did this same thing to point out that whatever you may want to claim, somebody will have already claimed it. Last time I found the gospel of Thomas, which proved Jesus to be a killer. Today in Revelations I find that Jesus has the breasts of a woman.
Google anything and you are a fool.
Universities exist for education.
Try opening a book.
Hitler and Stalin were both atheists
Thinking

Huntingdon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

You're wrong.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Google anything and you are a fool.
Universities exist for education.
Try opening a book.
Hitler and Stalin were both atheists

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead google them. Dolt!
When I do, I only come up with Christians with no credentials claiming to be scientists. Dumbazz!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Documentation?
or just inventive ?
Show me yours, THEN I'll show you mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,861 - 3,880 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••