97% Of Boy Scouts And Parents Think A...

97% Of Boy Scouts And Parents Think Anti-Gay Policy "Negatively Impacts Loyalty"

There are 22 comments on the www.queerty.com story from Mar 23, 2013, titled 97% Of Boy Scouts And Parents Think Anti-Gay Policy "Negatively Impacts Loyalty". In it, www.queerty.com reports that:

An internal survey conducted by the Boy Scouts of America shows that 97% of Boy Scouts and their parents believe that the organization’s anti-gay policy “negatively impacted their loyalty.”

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.queerty.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Mar 23, 2013
How much more bad PR is required to get the BSA leadership's attention?
Duh!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 Mar 23, 2013
The Boy Scout leadership will undoubtedly conclude that the 91% who didn't comment on their anti-gay policies strongly support them and will be offended by any change.
Franz

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 23, 2013
I find it hard to believe that if the BSA does fold to pressure from the gay agenda and start allowing queers, that most parents wouldn't pull their boys out of there immediately. I know I sure would.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#6 Mar 23, 2013
Quit posting your fantasy life, Bruce.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#7 Mar 23, 2013
Bruce wrote:
This is nothing but gay propaganda. No way 97% of parents want their boys out in the woods with some homosexual scout leader.
Why not?
david traversa

Argentina

#8 Mar 23, 2013
An internal survey shouldn't have anything to do with gay influence ; or are these imbecilic bigots ( above ) implying that boy scouts are a weak , easily-led bunch ? If that were the case they shouldn't be " leading " anything or anybody .. However you cut it , this contrived argument doesn't make any sense .. Rather the eagle scouts' support ( which gays have had from the beginning of the controversy ) gives the lie to all this hot wind blowing from the land of the backward and the hopeless ..
JeffnHouston

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Bruce wrote:
This is nothing but gay propaganda. No way 97% of parents want their boys out in the woods with some homosexual scout leader.
Somehow I feel like more parents would be comfortable with sending their kids on a camping trip with me (a gay man, secure with myself) than with the likes of you. Being gay does not equal pedophile (actually quite the opposite).
And for the record, all those gay men that you secretly fantasize "want you".... well guess what... don't flatter yourself!!

“Post-religious”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 23, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
The Boy Scout leadership will undoubtedly conclude that the 91% who didn't comment on their anti-gay policies strongly support them and will be offended by any change.
I'm no fan of the BSA policy, either. But I can be just as critical about the misuse of statistics, and the claim that "97% Of Boy Scouts And Parents Think Anti-Gay Policy Negatively Impacts Loyalty" just isn't supported by the survey.

When Regnerus made false claims about gay parenting without actually studying gay parents, we jumped all over him.

Perhaps a large portion of the 91% who didn't comment on the anti-gay policy also believe that it "negatively impacts their loyalty" (whatever THAT means). Maybe even a majority of that number does.

But without any evidence one way or the other, you simply can't make that claim.

It appears likely that the BSA leadership who created the survey instrument specifically avoided asking the question directly for fear of getting a response that wouldn't support their anti-gay policy.

And of the 9% of member respondents who brought up the issue on their own, 97% believe that the policy negatively impacts their loyalty.

That's all that can be concluded from this survey.
Derrick

Pekin, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2013
The 'survey' is of course baloney. I've talked with Boy Scot leaders in several different areas, and NONE found support for exposing Boy Scouts to homosexuals! Often, the sponsoring organization dictated that there should be no change.

The Mormons are the largest sponsor of Boy Scouts in the USA and several other countries. They will never support giving homosexuals access to minor young men.

The Catholic priest abuse problem was over 80% homosexual in nature and primarily involved molestation of Boy Scout aged minor young men, with very little pedophila involved. Scouting simply connot afford the huge liability of changing this policy!
Norton

Netherlands

#13 Mar 23, 2013
If this is true and 97% of American parents who have boys in the BSA feel that queers should be allowed int the organization then I say SHAME ON YOU AMERICA!
Sick of Bigots

San Francisco, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2013
Franz wrote:
I find it hard to believe that if the BSA does fold to pressure from the gay agenda and start allowing queers, that most parents wouldn't pull their boys out of there immediately. I know I sure would.
I sure there are lots of parents out there that would be thrilled that their children wouldn't be subjected to bigots like you and your children. How soon can you leave?
Cedrick

Prague, Czech Republic

#15 Mar 23, 2013
Derrick wrote:
The 'survey' is of course baloney. I've talked with Boy Scot leaders in several different areas, and NONE found support for exposing Boy Scouts to homosexuals! Often, the sponsoring organization dictated that there should be no change.
The Mormons are the largest sponsor of Boy Scouts in the USA and several other countries. They will never support giving homosexuals access to minor young men.
The Catholic priest abuse problem was over 80% homosexual in nature and primarily involved molestation of Boy Scout aged minor young men, with very little pedophila involved. Scouting simply connot afford the huge liability of changing this policy!
Thank you.
Bull Udders

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Mar 23, 2013
Bruce wrote:
What
You want them out in the woods with a ho ho ho?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#18 Mar 23, 2013
Bruce wrote:
Mind your own damned business, you are in Romania aren't you?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

El Paso, TX

#19 Mar 23, 2013
Norton wrote:
If this is true and 97% of American parents who have boys in the BSA feel that queers should be allowed int the organization then I say SHAME ON YOU AMERICA!
And since you supposedly don't live here why don't you mind your own business? Troll!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 23, 2013
fr "Derrick":

>The 'survey' is of course baloney. I've talked with Boy Scot leaders in several different areas, and NONE found support for exposing Boy Scouts to homosexuals! Often, the sponsoring organization dictated that there should be no change....<

Thinking up different names, now, DAVID MOORE OF PEKIN IL??? Knock it off; we all know that it's YOU.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#21 Mar 23, 2013
Franz wrote:
You don't have children and we know why.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#22 Mar 23, 2013
Derrick wrote:
The 'survey' is of course baloney. I've talked with Boy Scot
Actually the predators in whatever situation flourish in sexually sick, authoritarian institutions, and both the RCC and the Boy Scouts have already had the pedo scandals they invoke as "justification" for their bigotry.

Meanwhile lots of organizations welcome glbt people as members or clergy or administrators without anything approaching the scandals in the bigot Boy Scouts or the misogynist RCC.

So it ain't the sexual orientation. It's the will to abuse power.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#24 Mar 23, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
International
Thanks for proving once more than sexually sick homophobes are merely all around bigots.

You should be institutionalized for your own good.

Toronto, ON, Canada

#26 Mar 24, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
International Jews
"In violent opposition to all this sphere of Jewish efforts rise the schemes of the International Jews.
The adherents of this sinister confederacy are mostly men reared up among the unhappy populations of countries where Jews are persecuted on account of their race.
Most, if not all, of them have forsaken the faith of their forefathers, and divorced from their minds all spiritual hopes of the next world.
This movement among the Jews is not new.
"From the days of Spartacus-Weishaupt to those of Karl Marx, and down to Trotsky (Russia), Bela Kun (Hungary), Rosa Luxemburg (Germany), and Emma Goldman (United States), this world-wide revolutionary conspiracy for the overthrow of civilization and for the reconstitution of society on the basis of arrested development, of envious malevolence, and impossible equality, has been steadily growing."
-Winston Churchill
I like the key phrase "Impossible equality"
Sound familiar?
Think perversions.
Cha-CHING!
http://www.mosaisk.com/revolution/Winston-Chu...
It's Passover this week. Can you come up and visit me so I can make your blood into matzoth? Matzoth made from the blood of especially meshuggene goyim are the tastiest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40 years ago today 1 hr Wanka Wanka 4
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 6 hr neighbor 2,214
News Pride in local LGBT progress: Some of Metro Van... 6 hr The Troll Stopper 19
News Gay rights is personal for Florida gubernatoria... 6 hr The Troll Stopper 2
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 7 hr The Troll Stopper 7
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 7 hr The Troll Stopper 6
News Churches threaten to dismiss staff who wed same... 7 hr Willis 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr cpeter1313 53,715
More from around the web