Mormon Leaders Take on Marriage Equality in Hawaii

Sep 20, 2013 Full story: EDGE 141

Although leaders from the Mormon Church have remained out of the gay marriage debate in a number of states as of late, they have recently resurfaced to take on the marriage equality battle in Hawaii, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#1 Sep 20, 2013
when are these nutcases going to figure out their gays are not after there church there are plenty of affirming churches that if so desired we could cerebrate a marriage ceremony
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Sep 20, 2013
So the mormons still think they can make binding laws for the 95% of Hawaiians who are NOT mormons
Has anyone reminded those soaring morons lately that churches; both real and fake ones; are required to FOLLOW the law; not allowed to make the law?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Sep 20, 2013
They hatched their little scheme in Hawaii the first time. So, why after staying out of the last few states, are they ramping up again, and in Hawaii?
Bigots can't seem to resist relapsing back to full on hate, no matter what spin their pr dept tries to promote.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Sep 20, 2013
Bitches. Why don't they take a clue from the Christians who invaded the sovereign nation of Hawai'i and force them to abandon their own beliefs and make them into who THEY wanted them to be. Meanwhile, introducing terrible diseases that they were not immune to. From the 1780's to the 1890's the native population went from about 600,000 to about 40,000 due to diseases. They even forbade them to surf, thinking it ungodly. Meanwhile, they got the American government to dispose their king and steal as much land as possible for their own use.

Now the Mormons want to get in on that kind of action. They want their piece of free pie, I guess.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 20, 2013
Curteese wrote:
Bitches. Why don't they take a clue from the Christians who invaded the sovereign nation of Hawai'i and force them to abandon their own beliefs and make them into who THEY wanted them to be. Meanwhile, introducing terrible diseases that they were not immune to. From the 1780's to the 1890's the native population went from about 600,000 to about 40,000 due to diseases. They even forbade them to surf, thinking it ungodly. Meanwhile, they got the American government to dispose their king and steal as much land as possible for their own use.

Now the Mormons want to get in on that kind of action. They want their piece of free pie, I guess.
Ungodly surfing..now THAT is sad.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Sep 20, 2013
Here we go AGAIN !!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Sep 20, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
So the mormons still think they can make binding laws for the 95% of Hawaiians who are NOT mormons
Has anyone reminded those soaring morons lately that churches; both real and fake ones; are required to FOLLOW the law; not allowed to make the law?
Wait until the new NSA computer data collection center opens in Utah. Who do you imagine will be staffing the place ... Southern Methodists?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Sep 21, 2013
galler wrote:
Homosexuality is merely an unnatural perversion.
Unnatural for you; hon
Natural for me
So lets imagine we are colony ants
Apparently you are a breeder or unemployed worker ant
And I am a fabulous ant
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#12 Sep 21, 2013
Advents wrote:
Maybe you are a queen. LOL
If I am the queen of the ant colony.....
You have to do my bidding
So shut up and kiss me; you brute
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Sep 21, 2013
galler wrote:
A man should have all the wives he can afford
How many wives can you afford?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Sep 21, 2013
Advents wrote:
<quoted text>Five or six plain ones or two or three babes.
LOL! You would have to hire a referee to keep them from fighting over your bank account

Palm Springs, California

#17 Sep 21, 2013
galler wrote:
Yes I will agree the Mormons should ignore homosexuality. The Mormons should instead promote polygamy.
After all, polygamy is perfectly natural. Polygamy is a time honored practice of many cultures. A man should have all the wives he can afford. Homosexuality is merely an unnatural perversion.
I can see why you like the idea, since your old skank whore mother used to run wild like a cat, backing up to any man who'd offer her a quarter. I wonder which of the dozen she rutted with that night in the alley was your dad? Probably the toothless feeble minded one.

Palm Springs, California

#18 Sep 21, 2013
Advents wrote:
<quoted text>Five or six plain ones or two or three babes.
Coincidentally, that's about how many false names you've used in the last day or so, LITTLE cowardly liar.

Or else all of a sudden a bunch of cranks in Knoxville decided to log on and make stupid pointless posts on Topix.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#19 Sep 21, 2013
The Mormons just can't resist trying to impose their beliefs on everyone else.

How many millions will they spend this time trying to stigmatize and harm gay people?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#20 Sep 21, 2013
Participate in politics, lose tax exempt status.
http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profit... (c)(3)-Organizations

Palm Springs, California

#21 Sep 21, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
The Mormons just can't resist trying to impose their beliefs on everyone else.
How many millions will they spend this time trying to stigmatize and harm gay people?
I hope TONS of their money extorted from willing Mormon tools. They take TEN percent of their income to run the vile organization. They spent gazillions in California to amp up Prop 8 and it was overturned in June so all that money was for naught and hopefully they will waste gobs of money again and go into bankruptcy.

Location hidden

#22 Sep 21, 2013
And you know what...even Utah is changing, in spite of that corporate cult.
I just got back from Provo, Ut's very first pride fest. I never thought i would see that in Provo.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#23 Sep 21, 2013
Even many of the Mormons try to claim they are no longer anti-gay, but their actions and resources show the opposite.
Cordwainer Trout

Leitchfield, KY

#24 Sep 21, 2013
The sexually depraved and maladjusted gays in their arguments and successes concerning "marriage" have opened the door for the same arguments to win rights to polygamy, which Mormons used to practice more widely than it is illegally practiced today. It is a sad day, when perverts are allowed to win standing in the courts and society to a degree, where they can threaten the very foundations of family and values far outlasting their short, diseased lives.

Location hidden

#25 Sep 21, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Even many of the Mormons try to claim they are no longer anti-gay, but their actions and resources show the opposite.
It's really weird, watching the Mormons for equality groups weasel out of reacting to this. They wait for everybody else to make a stink before there's an "official reaction. That cult sux.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 min Cali Girl 2014 55,843
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 11 min Frankie Rizzo 12
Organizers announce gay parade for September 28 13 min Hungarian 101 52
Biggest Gay Lies 16 min Frankie Rizzo 1,991
Gay marriage set to make grand US... 33 min Frankie Rizzo 39
German gay rights activist beaten in Belgrade 33 min Hungarian 101 26
[VIDEO] Black Churches Are Becoming More Gay-Fr... 36 min Frankie Rizzo 48
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 37 min WasteWater 326
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 288
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 674