Southern Baptists Officially Oppose Gay Scout Rule

Jun 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

The Southern Baptist Convention approved a resolution Wednesday expressing its opposition to the Boy Scouts of America's new policy allowing gay Scouts, though it doesn't explicitly call for churches to drop all ties with the organization.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2013

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Of course they do, the righteous christians that they are! Now let's see them put their money where their mouths are and get the hell out of the BSA so that there's an opportunity for the Scouts to eliminate discrimination completely from their midst and welcome all those other reasonable folks who are ready to support them.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Scouts get merit badges for helping build their troop's meeting place; a rustic Boy Scout Hut in the Woods; keeping warm in the winter by huddling around a bonfire they created from rubbing two sticks together
They don't need to be vegetating in sanitized air-conditioned sunday school classrooms overlooking parking lots
yuck!

Since: Jan 08

Pattaya, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Thank God! Boy Scouts need to get away from all the hypocrites they can.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

I suppose the SBs are fine as long as all gay youth are willing to lie and pretend.

"Pretend not to be gay, and you can share a tent with my son. But, if you tell anyone the truth, out you go. Our family and church can't handle the truth!"

What a lovely thing to require of any "honest and morally straight" young gay kid.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
There's NO such thing as an "honest and morally straight" young gay kid. How in the world can a queer be honest and morally straight?
All you have to do is read the words embosssed in gold on the front of Authorized King James Bible
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
We wrote the book on honesty and morality

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

I say that pro-gay organizations start donating to take the place of the bigoted ones that will leave the Scouts behind BUT they should be clear that they will only donate half of what they would normally donate and only the full amount they set when gay scout leaders are allowed as well. It is terrible for a gay scout to have to know that they will one day be asked to leave while their straight counterparts won't. I think by that time hopefully homophobia will be a thing of the past and maybe they'll be more inclusive.

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be honest and have any morals AND be homosexual.
Says who?

Since: Nov 08

Maylene, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Nothing moral about the southern baptists and not much really Christian either. American taliban control freaks judging others.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow. Fagg@t, why are you pulling out you family portraits for?
You're mistaking me for someone else
All of our Rainbow Family portraits are stunningly gorgeous; sugar
Especially when we're wearing our sunday-go-to-meeting angel wings
http://media.villagevoice.com/6830073.87.jpg
pelham

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Jefferson wrote:
There's NO such thing as an "honest and morally straight" young gay kid. How in the world can a queer be honest and morally straight?
I believe you are right.
pelham

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be honest and have any morals AND be homosexual.
True, very very true.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Jefferson wrote:
Sweetie, it's not their fault that alleged adults such as yourself aren't bright enough to figure that one out. Your F*cking hateful stupidity, your choice. It's influences like you that need to be kept far, far away from children. I'm just thankful you spend your every waking hour whacking off on here, it keeps you away from actual human beings.
Mallard

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the evidence of that is right here on these boards.
Look at the way these fagagandists act.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••