Southern Baptists Officially Oppose G...

Southern Baptists Officially Oppose Gay Scout Rule

There are 13 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Southern Baptists Officially Oppose Gay Scout Rule. In it, EDGE reports that:

The Southern Baptist Convention approved a resolution Wednesday expressing its opposition to the Boy Scouts of America's new policy allowing gay Scouts, though it doesn't explicitly call for churches to drop all ties with the organization.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#1 Jun 12, 2013
Of course they do, the righteous christians that they are! Now let's see them put their money where their mouths are and get the hell out of the BSA so that there's an opportunity for the Scouts to eliminate discrimination completely from their midst and welcome all those other reasonable folks who are ready to support them.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Jun 13, 2013
Scouts get merit badges for helping build their troop's meeting place; a rustic Boy Scout Hut in the Woods; keeping warm in the winter by huddling around a bonfire they created from rubbing two sticks together
They don't need to be vegetating in sanitized air-conditioned sunday school classrooms overlooking parking lots
yuck!

Since: Jan 08

Chachoengsao, Thailand

#3 Jun 13, 2013
Thank God! Boy Scouts need to get away from all the hypocrites they can.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Jun 13, 2013
I suppose the SBs are fine as long as all gay youth are willing to lie and pretend.

"Pretend not to be gay, and you can share a tent with my son. But, if you tell anyone the truth, out you go. Our family and church can't handle the truth!"

What a lovely thing to require of any "honest and morally straight" young gay kid.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Jun 13, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
There's NO such thing as an "honest and morally straight" young gay kid. How in the world can a queer be honest and morally straight?
All you have to do is read the words embosssed in gold on the front of Authorized King James Bible
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
We wrote the book on honesty and morality

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#9 Jun 13, 2013
I say that pro-gay organizations start donating to take the place of the bigoted ones that will leave the Scouts behind BUT they should be clear that they will only donate half of what they would normally donate and only the full amount they set when gay scout leaders are allowed as well. It is terrible for a gay scout to have to know that they will one day be asked to leave while their straight counterparts won't. I think by that time hopefully homophobia will be a thing of the past and maybe they'll be more inclusive.

“I'm here to make friends, etc.”

Since: Sep 10

Fernandina Beach, Florida

#10 Jun 13, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be honest and have any morals AND be homosexual.
Says who?

Since: Nov 08

Alabaster, AL

#15 Jun 13, 2013
Nothing moral about the southern baptists and not much really Christian either. American taliban control freaks judging others.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20 Jun 14, 2013
TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow. [email protected], why are you pulling out you family portraits for?
You're mistaking me for someone else
All of our Rainbow Family portraits are stunningly gorgeous; sugar
Especially when we're wearing our sunday-go-to-meeting angel wings
http://media.villagevoice.com/6830073.87.jpg
pelham

Knoxville, TN

#23 Jul 5, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
There's NO such thing as an "honest and morally straight" young gay kid. How in the world can a queer be honest and morally straight?
I believe you are right.
pelham

Knoxville, TN

#24 Jul 10, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be honest and have any morals AND be homosexual.
True, very very true.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#25 Jul 10, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
Sweetie, it's not their fault that alleged adults such as yourself aren't bright enough to figure that one out. Your F*cking hateful stupidity, your choice. It's influences like you that need to be kept far, far away from children. I'm just thankful you spend your every waking hour whacking off on here, it keeps you away from actual human beings.
Mallard

Greenville, SC

#26 Jul 10, 2013
Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, the evidence of that is right here on these boards.
Look at the way these fagagandists act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michigan sued after gay couples are rejected fo... 20 min DR X 5
News Bus driver tells students "faggots will burn in... 27 min Scottsdale 3
News Gay or Straight? The computer (thinks it) knows 32 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
News Brazil ruling that homosexuality is disease to ... 39 min account 17
News Arizona Supreme Court says gays get equal paren... 1 hr Dallas 12
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 56,036
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 9,777
Gay/Bi Skype? 1 hr Joe 82
News Postal survey: gay Muslims shake off conservati... 1 hr T-bag 49
News Worker fired for same sex 'No' vote hits out 3 hr Prosperity Fundie... 11
More from around the web