Indiana Senate approves limited gay m...

Indiana Senate approves limited gay marriage ban

There are 17 comments on the WLWT-TV Cincinnati story from Feb 17, 2014, titled Indiana Senate approves limited gay marriage ban. In it, WLWT-TV Cincinnati reports that:

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLWT-TV Cincinnati.

david traversa

La Falda, Argentina

#1 Feb 17, 2014
By 2016 this will look very poor indeed , mark my words ..

Since: Jan 08

Pattaya, Thailand

#2 Feb 17, 2014
Congratulations Indiana! You have positively identified yourself with the 19th century!!(Your grandchildren will be so embarrassed...)
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Feb 18, 2014
Sheese WHAT a time warp!
Surely this is the Indiana legislature's idea of a joke
If not; then the Indiana legislators are dumber than homeowner's association morons; and THAT is pretty dang dumb

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#4 Feb 18, 2014
These bans simply prove animus, which the lawyers supporting such bans are quick to deny in court.

In the long run, it's helps our side, and cements the need for federal intervention. It's hard to argue that gay folks as a group don't suffer discrimination, and are powerful politically, when this sort of thing happens.

Keep it up!

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#5 Feb 18, 2014
I disown my state of birth and offer sympathies to it's citizens.
Maybe by 2016, IQs will go up a little there.
Roscoe

Culver City, CA

#6 Feb 18, 2014
This is a small win for the good team but I'll take it! A win is a win!

WOO HOO!

Congrats Indiana!
juls

Galena, OH

#7 Feb 18, 2014
Try living in OHIO.....republican shit hole////
Roscoe

Culver City, CA

#8 Feb 18, 2014
Quest wrote:
These bans simply prove animus, which the lawyers supporting such bans are quick to deny in court.
In the long run, it's helps our side, and cements the need for federal intervention. It's hard to argue that gay folks as a group don't suffer discrimination, and are powerful politically, when this sort of thing happens.
Keep it up!
Gay folks should not be discriminated against when it comes to basic human rights but this "marriage" baloney is ridiculous and by the way, LEAVE CHILDREN ALONE!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#9 Feb 18, 2014
Quest wrote:
Keep it up!
I agree. I think this law, and other like it, clearly violate the Romer v. Evans decision, and will be struck down because of that. And I think that in less than 3 years, we will SCOTUS rule that states cannot deny gay and lesbian Americans the right to marry whom they choose.

And Indiana is fly-over country anyway.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Feb 18, 2014
This will likely be moot by Nov 2016.
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Feb 18, 2014
david traversa wrote:
By 2016 this will look very poor indeed , mark my words ..
David, no one can remember what you said yesterday.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#12 Feb 18, 2014
Roscoe and Campy, the last of a dying breed!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#13 Feb 18, 2014
We should begin encouraging the sponsors of this amendment that they now need to go for the gold: Ban marriage, civil unions, domestic partnerships, benefits for domestic partners (whether by government or private entities), and joint ownership of property such as cars, condos, and houses by same-sex couples.

Think they won't take the bait? They won't be able to resist.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Feb 18, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
We should begin encouraging the sponsors of this amendment that they now need to go for the gold: Ban marriage, civil unions, domestic partnerships, benefits for domestic partners (whether by government or private entities), and joint ownership of property such as cars, condos, and houses by same-sex couples.
Think they won't take the bait? They won't be able to resist.
An EXCELLENT idea.

We should all insist on adding back the civil unions ban when it comes up for a vote in 2015.

I wonder if they'd even figure it out?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Feb 18, 2014
The bill is dead ! They killed it. It won't be considered.

http://nation.time.com/2014/02/18/gay-marriag...

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 18, 2014
Foxy gave a link, and Campy and Roscoe can now only use the little "judge it" icons. Typical!! Another "small" win for that delusional troll team. WOO HOO!!
Qbert

Columbus, OH

#17 Feb 18, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
Fuxy gefe-a a leenk, und Cempy und Ruscue-a cun noo oonly use-a zee leettle-a "joodge-a it" icuns. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Typeecel!! Unuzeer "smell" veen fur thet delooseeunel trull teem. VOO HOO!!
Please tell me the story about mixing up the Realtor signs, so exciting.

*wait a sec popcorn check whisky check PBR check ok okay ready.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Beloved gay Israeli pop star dies in freak drow... 4 min aintitthetruth 2
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 21 min Tyler 10
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 32 min facts only 52,181
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 36 min God 7,009
News Canning is 1st Republican to announce run for 1... 2 hr Cops are Degenerates 1
News Charlize Theron admits to taking 'a dip in the ... 3 hr Wondering 18
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 5 hr Tre H 27
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 12 hr Howser 30
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 21 hr TomInElPaso 108
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... Mon Tre H 502
More from around the web