Lancaster mayor calls for sensitivity...

Lancaster mayor calls for sensitivity training after commissioner's gay slur

There are 6 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 31, 2013, titled Lancaster mayor calls for sensitivity training after commissioner's gay slur. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

A newly appointed city commissioner in Lancaster has sparked outrage in the Antelope Valley community by making comments in a recent speech that were taken as anti-gay and anti-Semitic, though city leaders are resisting calls to remove him from his position.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Here Kitty Kitty

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Aug 1, 2013
A city commissioner who does not understand the meaning of Separation of Church and State?
Feed him to the lions

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 Aug 1, 2013
Here Kitty Kitty wrote:
A city commissioner who does not understand the meaning of Separation of Church and State?
Feed him to the lions
Why punish the lions?
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#3 Aug 1, 2013
Clearly, this man is living in his religious fantasy world and using that fantasy in his politics. People like that have no business in politics. If I were a Lancaster resident, I would definitely motion to have him removed.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Aug 1, 2013
Actually, saying "f-----t" is far less disturbing than the rest of the councilor's message.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#5 Aug 1, 2013
Is this guy Muslim, given his last name? If so, he should realize that "synagogue of Satan" is a medieval term invented by Christians to associate Judaism and Satanism. But they could have just as easily called it the "Mosque of Satan." He should read a bit of hstory.(And also study up a bit on rhetoric and English grammar.)
Javert

Lancaster, CA

#6 Aug 2, 2013
There is no place for this mindset on a city commission. Mayor Parris and the City Council should act for his removal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body politics: Just how important are looks to ... 14 min Pence of Tides 6
News Hawaii appeals court upholds ruling against bed... 19 min Pence of Tides 8
News Gay-bashed on the job in Coronado 24 min Pence of Tides 7
jade ne 38 min jade ne 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Wisdom of Ages 18,930
News 'Teen Mom 2's' David Eason fired by MTV after a... 3 hr Pence of Tides 25
News How Franklin Graham took the reins from his leg... 3 hr Pence of Tides 35
More from around the web