Group of Illinois religious leaders lobbies for marriage equality

Dec 26, 2012 Full story: www.proudparenting.com 44
More than 200 pastors and rabbis are calling for lawmakers to approve legislation allowing marriage equality. They will send a letter stating their plan to state lawmakers... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AzAdam

United States

#2 Dec 26, 2012
It's the LEAST they can do. No, really.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#3 Dec 26, 2012
Caleb wrote:
No Christian or traditional Jew would ever affirm or support what God repeatedly condemns:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
It's nice to see some common sense coming to your state. Speaking of which, no human being with an IQ over 40 would ever affirm or support what common sense and revised scripture repeatedly condemn:

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with David Moore as one lieth with a human; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a human lieth with David Moore, both of them have committed a detestable act, and the human has committed an idiotic one; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4 Dec 26, 2012
You GO Illinois! YES.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#5 Dec 26, 2012
Ignoring the first mendacious and falsely "religious" post and batting it aside without blinking, I support all TRULY religious individuals who support marriage equality. Unless one is senseless, there is no other opinion to have.
david traversa

Argentina

#6 Dec 26, 2012
Very sensible of the rabbis to ignore what cannot any longer bear close scrutiny in the Old Testament and of the priests for adhering to Christ's all-embracing message of love and disregarding the ambivalent Paul and his parrot, Timothy.

“Church | | State”

Since: Jun 07

Toby's Landing

#8 Dec 26, 2012
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice to see some common sense coming to your state. Speaking of which, no human being with an IQ over 40 would ever affirm or support what common sense and revised scripture repeatedly condemn:
Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with David Moore as one lieth with a human; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If a human lieth with David Moore, both of them have committed a detestable act, and the human has committed an idiotic one; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
It's sort of ironic... I was just wondering the other day why David has been so quiet since marriage equality started winning at the polls this November and POOF there he is again.

And your twist on Leviticus is a hoot, by the way.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#9 Dec 26, 2012
They don't list them but I doubt there are any imams on the list.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Dec 26, 2012
The Dems are looking to have a vote the first week of January before the new legislature takes over on the 9th. Even though there will be MORE pro-equality Dems sworn in, they'd like to get this issue out of he way before the new legislative session starts fighting over the budget & pension reform & other issues.

Could be a great start to the new year!
AzAdam

United States

#11 Dec 26, 2012
Good for him wrote:
They cannot not be christan's and support Queers it's just that plain and simple the bible says that being gay is a sin and wrong and that they should be put to death.
Show me where the bible says that in red. No black letters please.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#15 Dec 26, 2012
Good for him wrote:
They cannot not be christan's and support Queers it's just that plain and simple the bible says that being gay is a sin and wrong and that they should be put to death.
Apparently, "Thou shalt not kill" doesn't mean much to certain "Christians".

This "loving" God character could've been MUCH clearer, if he had simply said: "Thou shalt not kill, except for gay people, disobedient children, witches and warlocks, people who commit bestiality or incest, people who worship the wrong god, people who work on the weekend, people who steal someone else's slaves, women that don't call out loudly enough during rape, women who aren't virgins on their wedding night, and any neighboring tribe whose land and virgin daughters look tempting. THOSE you can totally kill."
What

Aldrich, MO

#17 Dec 26, 2012
david traversa wrote:
Very sensible of the rabbis to ignore what cannot any longer bear close scrutiny in the Old Testament and of the priests for adhering to Christ's all-embracing message of love and disregarding the ambivalent Paul and his parrot, Timothy.
Amazing since Christ Jesus is the Author of all Scipture including the OT and it was Christ Himself who destroyed Sodom.

“Church | | State”

Since: Jun 07

Toby's Landing

#25 Dec 26, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing since Christ Jesus is the Author of all Scipture including the OT and it was Christ Himself who destroyed Sodom.
According to the Science Channel it was probably a meteorite, if it indeed happened at all. That's a much more likely explanation.

Funny how this ancient text is full of these stories of all these incredible events resulting from divine intervention but now, when it would be on TV and people could actually see these things happening...nothing...zip...na da. Oh, wait... I forgot. Then it wouldn't be "faith" if you could actually see these things happen. You have to "believe". In other words, "trust me".

Yea...right.
AzAdam

United States

#26 Dec 26, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>As a non-Christian living in open rebellion against God's many Commands against all homosexual behavior, you don't get it. John 1:1 tells us Jesus is THE WORD. THE WORD says:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
It says Jesus is the Word. Even a heathen homosexual can see that. Now show me some red ink, Paul.
AzAdam

United States

#27 Dec 26, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>As a non-Christian living in open rebellion against God's many Commands against all homosexual behavior, you don't get it. John 1:1 tells us Jesus is THE WORD. THE WORD says:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Oh and I'm sure this us obvious because you're quite bright, but at the time John wrote that, the bible in its current form didn't exist (see 16th century). So please don't try to say that the word defines Jesus and not the other way around.
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#29 Dec 26, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing since Christ Jesus is the Author of all Scipture including the OT and it was Christ Himself who destroyed Sodom.
This unbelievably shocking ignorance is pitiful, to say the least.. Is that what they teach in Sunday school? No wonder the world's in such a mess..

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#30 Dec 26, 2012
Caleb wrote:
No Christian or traditional Jew would ever affirm or support what God repeatedly condemns:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Colossians 1:16
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Caleb wrote:
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#31 Dec 26, 2012
Good for him wrote:
They cannot not be christan's and support Queers it's just that plain and simple the bible says that being gay is a sin and wrong and that they should be put to death.
Your use of the term "queer" clearly demonstrates you ignore most of the New Testament and Christ's message.
FYI I'm gay.
FYI I'm a Christian.
FYI I'm saved.
FYI You aren't God and no one has to answer to you. Get over it.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#32 Dec 26, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
They don't list them but I doubt there are any imams on the list.
so?
Imam blesses union of gay Muslim couple in France
http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04...

Due to the fact they face an order of death if they speak about this publicly, there is a growing number of Muslims, both lay and Imam who support equality and decent treatment of gays and lesbians.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#33 Dec 26, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing since Christ Jesus is the Author of all Scipture including the OT and it was Christ Himself who destroyed Sodom.
You've swallowed a lie from one of the false prophets both Jesus and Paul spoke of.

Good luck in eternity.

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#34 Dec 26, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>As a non-Christian living in open rebellion against God's many Commands against all homosexual behavior, you don't get it. John 1:1 tells us Jesus is THE WORD. THE WORD says:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Good luck in eternity.

Matthew 25:31-46 (New International Version)

I keep hearing goats bleating in Pekin Ill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 11 min Norfolkian 68,112
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 18 min Frankie Rizzo 3,094
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 27 min Frankie Rizzo 32
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 40 min Avenger 1,994
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 41 min cpeter1313 31
Hitching Post wedding chapel sues over gay marr... 42 min NorCal Native 12
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 45 min cancer suxs 1,520
GOP leader: NC officials can refuse to marry gays 49 min cpeter1313 33
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 1 hr eJohn 158
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr cancer suxs 606

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE