GOP leader won't say if he supports g...

GOP leader won't say if he supports gay marriage

There are 16 comments on the The News-Gazette story from Apr 9, 2013, titled GOP leader won't say if he supports gay marriage. In it, The News-Gazette reports that:

The top Republican in the Illinois House won't say how he would vote on a measure that would allow same-sex couples to marry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Gazette.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Apr 9, 2013
I'm a Libertarian, NOT a Republican.

But Republicans are SUPPOSED TO BE IN FAVOR OF LIMITED GOVERNMENT AND MAXIMUM LIBERTY FOR EACH ADN EVERY PERSON. Therefore, if Republicans TRULY BELIEVE IN, AND SUPPORT, THEIR BEDROCK PRINCIPLES, THEY SHOULD SUPPORT EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR ALL AMERICANS.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#2 Apr 10, 2013
That's because his position is still 'evolving.'

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#3 Apr 10, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
But Republicans are SUPPOSED TO BE IN FAVOR OF LIMITED GOVERNMENT AND MAXIMUM LIBERTY FOR EACH ADN EVERY PERSON. Therefore, if Republicans TRULY BELIEVE IN, AND SUPPORT, THEIR BEDROCK PRINCIPLES, THEY SHOULD SUPPORT EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR ALL AMERICANS.
A valid point, Foxy, but did you have to shout it?(Hint: all caps = shouting).

You can actually be a pretty reasonable guy, I've noticed, as long as you stay away from religion, judging other people's character, and pontificating about spelling. But Republicans -- now, you do know a thing or two about those people!:)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Apr 10, 2013
How can anyone not know if they support Marriage Equality after it being one of the most contentious public matters for something like ten years. Especially since it is coming up for a vote soon. These people are supposed to be leaders. That means they are supposed to be out front on these issues, regardless of which side they are on. Coward.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Apr 10, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Now compare that to those "evil democrats" who now are all lining up in support of marriage rights for all Americans.

Gee, maybe you're supporting the wrong party?

Tawas City, Michigan

#6 Apr 10, 2013
RalphB wrote:
How can anyone not know if they support Marriage Equality after it being one of the most contentious public matters for something like ten years. Especially since it is coming up for a vote soon. These people are supposed to be leaders. That means they are supposed to be out front on these issues, regardless of which side they are on. Coward.
Obviously you've confused these politicians with actual human beings!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#7 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you've confused these politicians with actual human beings!
Ooops, sorry about that.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now compare that to those "evil democrats" who now are all lining up in support of marriage rights for all Americans.
Gee, maybe you're supporting the wrong party?
No. Because Democrats are Marxists-Leninists, who WORSHIP ONLY Karl Marx, Friedrich Engles, Uncle Joe Stalin, The Kennedys, Jimmy Carter, and The Obamaniac.

They are Evil. PURE EVIL.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Apr 10, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Because Democrats are Marxists-Leninists, who WORSHIP ONLY Karl Marx, Friedrich Engles, Uncle Joe Stalin, The Kennedys, Jimmy Carter, and The Obamaniac.
They are Evil. PURE EVIL.
And yet they support equality while your GOPasaurs continue to oppose it.

Yep, that confirms you're a complete moron.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#10 Apr 16, 2013
If he "won't say", then he's a worm. If he was a real Conservative, he'd stand up loud and proud denouncing gay "marriage". Looks like another gutless RINO to me...

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#11 Apr 16, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
If he "won't say", then he's a worm. If he was a real Conservative, he'd stand up loud and proud denouncing gay "marriage". Looks like another gutless RINO to me...
Actually, IF he were a REAL Conservative, he would be publicly SUPPORTING EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS regardless of sexual orientation. One of the bedrock principles of a conservative is SMALL government, MAXIMUM Liberty, and a belief in "the government is best when it governs the least".

I think Clint Eastwood would agree with all of those things.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, IF he were a REAL Conservative, he would be publicly SUPPORTING EQUAL MARRIAGE RIGHTS FOR ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS regardless of sexual orientation.
Um no. REAL Conservatives support REAL marriage. Democrats are the party that support gay "marriage". Nice try though.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#13 Apr 16, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Um no. REAL Conservatives support REAL marriage. Democrats are the party that support gay "marriage". Nice try though.
You're wrong. As usual.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. As usual.
You make a statement that Conservatives support gay "marriage", and my refuting that statement makes ME wrong?? You'd better do some research on what Conservatives believe because even a third grader knows that they're for traditional marriage.

Of course, I'm sure you think that everyone must believe what you believe, and anyone who doesn't is "wrong".

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Apr 16, 2013
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a statement that Conservatives support gay "marriage", and my refuting that statement makes ME wrong?? You'd better do some research on what Conservatives believe because even a third grader knows that they're for traditional marriage.
Of course, I'm sure you think that everyone must believe what you believe, and anyone who doesn't is "wrong".
I'm a Libertarian. I believe in EQUALITY for EVERYONE. even dumbbells like you.

“Come and get it! ”

Traverse City

#16 Apr 16, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Libertarian. I believe in EQUALITY for EVERYONE. even dumbbells like you.
Good for you, but we're not talking about you. I love how your M.O. Is to change the subject anytime you're discredited.

Yawwwwn, I grow tired if your ignorance. Going back to watching High Plains Drifter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 2,246
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 942
News Walmart settles same-sex spouse benefits discri... 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Truth Sayer 1 42,928
News UNICEF survey: 80 percent of Filipino youth suf... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 26
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Betty Davis 22,495
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 3 hr Betty Davis 17
More from around the web