Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217999 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Dancing Lights”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#229477 Jun 17, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
Would your relative or child be in the right if they stole?
Would your relative or child be in the right if they raped someone?
Would your relative or child be in the right if they murdered someone in cold blood?
Would your relative or child be right if they wanted to have sex with 10 people at once?
Why is it, that today, people think that because their child/relative is gay then we should toss out the biblical truth in favor of their kinfolk's sin?
Your own church says it's okay for grown men to rape children and when these grown men don't have enough children your church provides even more. Your church tossed out biblical truth in favor of their sin and you're okay with that. You're just not okay with OTHER people's "sins". Let me repeat that for you slowly because you're having a real problem with your hypocricital thinking. YOUR CHURCH TOSSED OUT BIBLICAL TRUTH IN FAVOR OF THEIR SIN AND YOUR OKAY WITH THAT. YOU'RE JUST NOT OKAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S "SINS". That makes your church, and you, hypocrites and unworthy of any consideration. Got that?:-)

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#229479 Jun 17, 2012
DayStorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You distort everything to bits. I didn't say I rubbed shoulders with them, but I have evangelized to them and have had religious discussions with them without it devolving into a Holy War! I have found some Muslims easier to converse with than you actually.
Distort? Like when you bragged about being in the military? When you bragged about your important company making millions; your huge expensive house, beautiful wife and being a world traveler? How you fly all over the world in your humanatarian efforts? How you're the best christian the religion has ever produced bar NONE? THEN you expect the entire board to believe every single lie you produce. If you were smarter you'd have made a splendid politician :-)

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229480 Jun 17, 2012
Jumper wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't get by you did he?
My guess is Jesus didn't exist to "get by" anybody.

If he did exist and worked in Catholic confessionals forgiving "sins" while for centuries the Catholics were busy slaughtering the Jews ... then Jesus would be a hair-brained idiot AND a traitor to his own father Jewish father.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229481 Jun 17, 2012
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Your church tossed out biblical truth
What would you say IS biblical truth Svaha? I've yet to find any semblance of truth in a bible.

The first lie of all religion is that preachers taught that gods or goddesses actually existed.

And it went all downhill from there.

Once one lie was created, it took more lies to cover the first one, and from my perception that's why the bible is filled with contradictory ridiculous nonsense.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229482 Jun 17, 2012
How are we to love one another as we love ourselves, when in the first place we don't know the meaning of the word love?

For instance, those of us indoctrinated by Christianity, might have been taught that without belief in Jesus, we can't be saved. So Christians taught by that dogma, believed, as does DayStorm, that he MUST evangelize his dogma to others in order to show his "love" for them.

But those who don't believe DayStorm's dogma will probably be offended and want to be respected for their own ways of believing.

But DayStorm, believing that he is giving the gift of salvation to others, will not be put off by rejection, as he has been taught that people MUST be converted to his religion, or "god" will burn them in hell as heretics in the hereafter.

And that is often how the word "love" has been applied from one group to another.

"You must do it my way, so you will KNOW the meaning of LOVE."

And so it goes.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229484 Jun 17, 2012
At one time I wanted others to believe in "god" so they could feel the "JOY" that I felt when I believed that "god" was listening to my every NEED.

Now, I want others to understand that back then I was indoctrinated by religion.

I thought I was sharing a message of LOVE back then, but now I believe I am just sharing a message ... period ... take it, or leave it.

My guess is ... DayStorm and many others will "leave it" and continue on their religious journeys to who knows where?

:)

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229485 Jun 17, 2012
I don't need any image of a god in my mind to instill in me that I am not worthy as I am.

Life has enough difficulties without adding a mythical character that I must "bend over backwards" to try to please ... while believing that the mythical character is perfect and I am awash with sin or at least imperfections.

Now without religion to concern me, I am free to make my own decisions. I understand that when I treat others with respect as I want to be repected, I feel good about myself. And that's all I need to fill me with joy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229487 Jun 17, 2012
To teach children that if they are bad a god will punish them after they die is a horrible blight to place in their minds.

Many children have suffered night-horrors from this mental abuse, and my guess is that under any other name but religion such abuse would be penalized by law.

Observe what such teaching has done TO DayStorm!

What a shame! He is filled with fear. Fear that if he doesn't evangelize, "god" will be disappointed in him. And he is certain that he knows what "god" does when "god" is disappointed!!!

My hope for DayStorm is to find peace within himself and to see that his religious indoctrination took away his ability to feel whole.

But as Estelle knows ... it is not easy ... not at all easy.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229488 Jun 17, 2012
Words from a man who first became a minister and later became an Atheist.

I can relate to his words about how his mother taught him what she believed was love.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Natural love for her children caused my mother to do what she considered best for the m. Therefore she believed she was doing only her duty when she taught that God like a good shepherd constantly watched over each one of us. I recall how she in all sincerity told us that God had prospered father because he was a good Christian man. Now I believed this and never forgot it for he was a good man and seemingly prosperous. I also believed this because I loved my mother and trusted her. I am now ashamed of the fact that as a lad I was so credulous but I suspect I was too young then and too naiv e to question my elders.

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/vi...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229489 Jun 17, 2012
When I was still under the spell of religion an acquaintance shared with me that she had had two abortions, I didn't react with a sermon about begging a "god" for forgiveness. I wanted to know how she felt about the issue.

Neither one of us mentioned religion.

Had I gone to her home with a bible in hand, my guess is, I wouldn't have even entered her home, much less been able to learn about her life and how she dealt with her problems.

She trusted me not to judge, and I didn't judge. Instead ... I learned from her experiences that had I been in her life, I might have done as she had done, as I would have seen no other way of coping with my situation.

Right or wrong is not always black and white. To understand it, sometimes we have to experience it on a first-hand basis, or at least learn to listen without placing any judgment on the one sharing the story.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229490 Jun 17, 2012
After leaving the Catholic religion, my father later became a member of the Rosicrucian Order, where he then became a staunch believer in reincarnation.

When as a child, I would look at pictures of Joseph Merrick, labeled as the elephant man, I would wonder if reincarnation was true, what on earth he could have done in a previous life, or lives to warrant such suffering.

Now I believe that the cells in his body went off course, or by their own standards were on course.

Science, although often far from being accurate, lead me to place tentitive trust on its theories.

From my perspective religion doesn't warrant any trust, as for too long it lead me down silly dead-end paths, again and again and again.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229491 Jun 17, 2012
In poverty-stricken areas of the world, what better way to earn a living off others than to create an image of the self as "holy?"

So-called gurus can sit on their butts, mumble some words about how living right will earn bliss in upcoming lives, and they will not only be revered, but will be fed by those who have very little to call their own.

My guess is, the one known today as the "enlightened" Buddha was nothing but a con-man who left his wife and child behind to fend for themselves while he lived the life of a revered man of knowledge.

From the get-go religion was quite the scam.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229492 Jun 17, 2012
Augustine was another one who left behind a woman he had lived with for thirteen years and a son ... to come up with the dogma of "original sin" and "just war" to use to preach at "others."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

According to his contemporary, Jerome, Augustine "established anew the ancient Faith."[6] In his early years he was heavily influenced by Manichaeism and afterward by the Neo-Platonism of Plotinus.[7] After his conversion to Christianity and baptism in AD 387, Augustine developed his own approach to philosophy and theology, accommodating a variety of methods and different perspectives.[8] He believed that the grace of Christ was indispensable to human freedom, and he framed the concepts of original sin and just war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_of_Hip...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229493 Jun 17, 2012
Those who believe they are sponsored by "god" are often certain they know what's best for all others.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Assisted suicide ruling 'flawed,' says archbishop

Vancouver Roman Catholic Archbishop Michael Miller issued a statement Saturday saying the decision "sadly reflects a distorted view of equality rights that emphasizes autonomy over human dignity and the value of life."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbi...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229494 Jun 17, 2012
How dare another person insist that I must stay alive to placate his belief that a god gave life and only a god can take that life away???

How dare he have such nerve?

If I know I am at the end of my life, with nothing left but pain and misery, it should be my right to die with dignity.

Religion has for too long laid guilt on those who want to die and leave this world of misery behind.

If the archbishop wants to allow his body to suffer maybe for years ... rot in a bed, with other people changing his diapers, that is his right. But he wants to use his religion to force others to the same fate ... and from my perspective ... that is NOT his right!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229495 Jun 17, 2012
In his rebuttal, the archbishop used the word euthanasia, not realizing that assisted suicide is not the same as euthansia. Assisted suicide is done with permission and complete acceptance of the one asking to die.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Assisted suicide differs from euthanasia, in which someone other than the patient ends the patient's life as painlessly as possible.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/06/1...

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229496 Jun 17, 2012
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Refusing God’s gift and the company of our fellows at the banquet of life is a dual offense that the agents of religion, who dispense divine largesse, and those of politics, who organize the social banquet, find intolerable.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229497 Jun 17, 2012
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Scholars today investigate all domains of human experience: Should not everything that has shaped humankind be studied without prejudice or taboo?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#229498 Jun 17, 2012
I can explain what I believe ... but I can't explain what I don't know.

Author unknown

“Dancing Lights”

Location hidden

#229499 Jun 17, 2012
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you say IS biblical truth Svaha? I've yet to find any semblance of truth in a bible.
The first lie of all religion is that preachers taught that gods or goddesses actually existed.
And it went all downhill from there.
Once one lie was created, it took more lies to cover the first one, and from my perception that's why the bible is filled with contradictory ridiculous nonsense.
"the best teachers are those who tell you where to look but don't tell you want to see"

Alexandria Trenfor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 21 min guest 207
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 24 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 72
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 15,955
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Skippy 68,968
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 1 hr Queers and Jews Suck 475
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr lides 38,788
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 2 hr Sneaky Pete 21
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 5 hr Bubba Cooder 205
More from around the web