Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,988)

Showing posts 219,741 - 219,760 of219,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 16

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not "some people", he's called ALL defenders of one man and one woman marriage, "moron" and uses name-calling as the basis of his argument. I'll bet you agree, I've never seen a post from T.H. condemning insults or cyberbullying by same sex marriage advocates, or did I miss something?
Can I get you a tissue?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 16

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
Can I get you a tissue?
Why>? Do you think claiming all one man and one woman marriage defenders are morons isn't more about you? Don't you believe all those who advocate government license sex segregated marriage are intellectual superiors? By the same logic, right?

There are smart people and dumb people on both sides of the debate, there are good people on the same sex marriage side and good people can disagree. There are bad people who support same sex marriage and some bad people defend marriage as husband and wife. Why can't we face reality?

Tolerance, civility and even courtesy goes further in civil discourse than ad hominem irrationality. You go your way, I'll go mine. Thanks for the input.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 16

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Why>? Do you think claiming all one man and one woman marriage defenders are morons isn't more about you? Don't you believe all those who advocate government license sex segregated marriage are intellectual superiors? By the same logic, right?
I think you are confused, Brian. They aren't morons because they hold the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, they have a right to their opinion. They are morons, because they are actively arguing to hold fellow citizens as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law, and none of them is able to produce a compelling governmental interest served by such a restriction that would render the restriction constitutional.
So you see, Brian, you are a moron because you support an unconstitutional position.
Brian_G wrote:
There are smart people and dumb people on both sides of the debate, there are good people on the same sex marriage side and good people can disagree. There are bad people who support same sex marriage and some bad people defend marriage as husband and wife. Why can't we face reality?
No, there aren't. The smart people are the ones who understand the equal protection clause, and the dumb ones are the ones arguing to restrict the rights of others, even though allowing those others equality under the law would have no impact upon the dumb ones making the argument.
Brian_G wrote:
Tolerance, civility and even courtesy goes further in civil discourse than ad hominem irrationality. You go your way, I'll go mine. Thanks for the input.
Brian, there is no need for tolerance or civility toward one who is advocating for fellow citizens to be treated as lesser. Your argument, in and of itself is not tolerant, it is not civil, and it is disrespectful both of your fellow citizens and the US Constitution.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 16

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh yes... the immortal Freddie Mercury and some of his most profound words of wisdom. Search for the lyrics of "Death On Two Legs." See if Brian cries about ad hominem ;)
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, he hath great power and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones
Through quiet reflection and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead!
You better stay home
And do as you're told
Get out of the road if you want to grow old.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There are smart people and dumb people on both sides of the debate, there are good people on the same sex marriage side and good people can disagree.
No, ignorant bigots are not good people, you intrinsically morally disordered filth. The arguments against marriage equality are anti rational, as all the federal courts have shown. On top of which, your and that sick rcc's homophobia goes beyond just wanting to deprive lgbt people of the right to marry one another - the homophobia went to opposing every instance of equal lgbt rights.

Some bigots are intelligent, like the nazis were in the main; the stats show that most homophobes are less well educated. That has nothing to do with you, however. You're a climate science denier. You can make no claim to intelligence whatsoever, you stu pid bigot.

You're not "up to standards," and society is going to increasingly make that clear to you.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Christsharians on the DL wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ignorant bigots are not good people, you intrinsically morally disordered filth. The arguments against marriage equality are anti rational, as all the federal courts have shown. On top of which, your and that sick rcc's homophobia goes beyond just wanting to deprive lgbt people of the right to marry one another - the homophobia went to opposing every instance of equal lgbt rights.
Some bigots are intelligent, like the nazis were in the main; the stats show that most homophobes are less well educated. That has nothing to do with you, however. You're a climate science denier. You can make no claim to intelligence whatsoever, you stu pid bigot.
You're not "up to standards," and society is going to increasingly make that clear to you.
Stats also show that the majority of homophobes may be latent homosexuals themselves.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

No, ignorant bigots are not good people, you intrinsically morally disordered filth. The arguments against marriage equality are anti rational, as all the federal courts have shown. On top of which, your and that sick rcc's homophobia goes beyond just wanting to deprive lgbt people of the right to marry one another - the homophobia went to opposing every instance of equal lgbt rights. Some bigots are intelligent, like the nazis were in the main; the stats show that most homophobes are less well educated. That has nothing to do with you, however. You're a climate science denier. You can make no claim to intelligence whatsoever, you stu pid bigot. You're not "up to standards," and society is going to increasingly make that clear to you.
I disagree, the side doing the insults, defamation, name calling and trying to shut down political opponents are in the wrong. We agree, some bigots are intellectuals but I claim the folks suing your state over the law you voted for are on the wrong side of history, not us.

I say calling someone a "denier" hides the history of genocide in favor of political gain, excusing antisemitism from people claiming the Holocaust didn't happen by misusing language creating a new paradigm of fear and hate.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I disagree, the side doing the insults, defamation, name calling and trying to shut down political opponents are in the wrong. We agree, some bigots are intellectuals but I claim the folks suing your state over the law you voted for are on the wrong side of history, not us.
Brian, the truth is an absolute defense against defamation. If you are arguing for fellow citizens to be treated as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law, it is reasonable to expect that others may use some very strong language in rebutting your unconstitutional assertion.
Brian_G wrote:
I say calling someone a "denier" hides the history of genocide in favor of political gain, excusing antisemitism from people claiming the Holocaust didn't happen by misusing language creating a new paradigm of fear and hate.
Wow, that really has no relevance to the current topic, kiddo.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, the side doing the insults, defamation, name calling and trying to shut down political opponents are in the wrong.
No, you lying bigot, you defame lgbt people when you say they aren't "up to standards."

You're an ignorant bigot, the federal courts have completely rejected the "arguments" of those who would block marriage equality for reasons that obviously don't add up, and in accordance with all that you deny the most obvious scientific concepts and evidence.

"Denier" has never been a word only used with regard to the Shoah. Your use of genocide is over the top, however. You've gone full Godwin's, as we expect from morons.

Now, as for homophobic bigots, well, they are increasingly being shut down in educated, public society, just as the overt racists before them were. Good to hear you bawling about this progress, you stinking, anti rational, hateful, ignorant bigot.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

No, you lying bigot, you defame lgbt people
^^^All they have are insults.

when you say they aren't "up to standards." You're an ignorant bigot,
Same way single people aren't up to the standards of one man and one woman marriage. If you're an ignorant bigot to not let blind people drive or HIV infected individuals have unprotected sex with uninformed partners so be it. If you're an ignorant bigot academic standards are applied to students; equality has gone to far. If equality means treating men like women and treating women like men then civilization is doomed to barbarism and if equality means dumbing down the population so they will comply with the welfare state, you deserve the government you voted into office.

the federal courts have completely rejected the "arguments" of those who would block marriage equality for reasons that obviously don't add up, and in accordance with all that you deny the most obvious scientific concepts and evidence.
Before Y2k, all American marriage was male/female, even with polygamy. US Supreme Court precedent such as Loving v Virginia was precedent for male/female marriage.

"Denier" has never been a word only used with regard to the Shoah. Your use of genocide is over the top, however. You've gone full Godwin's, as we expect from morons.
Denier has only been applied to the Holocaust, until Al Gore's climate demagogues perverted truth through constant repetition. Deniers say the Shoah is a myth used to justify immigration to Israel, they claim the genocide was a lie, that's the true and only meaning of denier. To apply "denier" to climate is to give the entire Republican party the ability to ignore the word, as if it means nothing.

Al Gore and Obama want to obfuscate world history during the Shoah so they say "denier" because it helps damn opponents and shuts down debate while glossing over the mass murder of millions..

Now, as for homophobic bigots, well, they are increasingly being shut down in educated, public society, just as the overt racists before them were. Good to hear you bawling about this progress, you stinking, anti rational, hateful, ignorant bigot.
^^^Thanks for clearly posting your intent: I'm trying to further debate, find compromise, understand alternative positions and express my views clearly, C.o.t.D. wants to "shut down" debate about climate and same sex marriage both. When your political opinions are unappealing and have been proven by history to create disaster your only choice is name calling.

I understand your fear, frustration and hatred so I feel your pain. Gays never had same sex marriage and they still don't so nothing's lost. Defaming the Catholic Church claiming "War on Gays", when the issue is the traditional definition of marriage harms all my Christian brothers and sisters and Orthodox Jews too. I oppose defaming religions and prefer truth, courtesy, tolerance and where possible, respect.

You are what you do. Your words define you. You decide.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Before Y2k, all American marriage was male/female, even with polygamy.
Brian, in addition to being a liar and a bigot, you are also lazy.

Same sex marriage did not come on to the scene until Massachusetts legalized it in 2004. In 2000, and still today, polygamy is not legal anywhere in the United States.

Were you not a disingenuous troll, you might take a stab at addressing my other posts.
Christsharians on the DL

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jun 17

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>All they have are insults....Same way single people aren't up to the standards of one man and one woman marriage.
Hey bigoted trash, there was lots of content in my post. It was not just insults. For a "religious" person you sure like to lie a lot. Or perhaps you're merely insane and can't tell one thing from another.

The difference is that single people with children are not being targeted by sexually ill bigots to have their child rearing or their marriages outlawed. So it doesn't matter if you intone that they also are not "up to standards," it matters that you don't similarly try to disfranchise them.

So we know it's all only about your anti gay bigotry.

And again, all your "arguments" have been rejected by federal courts. Those who perpetuate these debunked "arguments" in spite of this fact are morons or bigots, pure and simple.

And these same morons and bigots opposed every instance of lgbt rights over the years - repeal of DADT, over ruling of Hardwick, ENDA, hate crimes statutes, adoption - so it's not about "a mother and a father," or "marriage."

It's about anti lgbt bigotry. Filth.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^All they have are insults.
<quoted text>Same way single people aren't up to the standards of one man and one woman marriage. If you're an ignorant bigot to not let blind people drive or HIV infected individuals have unprotected sex with uninformed partners so be it. If you're an ignorant bigot academic standards are applied to students; equality has gone to far. If equality means treating men like women and treating women like men then civilization is doomed to barbarism and if equality means dumbing down the population so they will comply with the welfare state, you deserve the government you voted into office.
<quoted text>Before Y2k, all American marriage was male/female, even with polygamy. US Supreme Court precedent such as Loving v Virginia was precedent for male/female marriage.
<quoted text>Denier has only been applied to the Holocaust, until Al Gore's climate demagogues perverted truth through constant repetition. Deniers say the Shoah is a myth used to justify immigration to Israel, they claim the genocide was a lie, that's the true and only meaning of denier. To apply "denier" to climate is to give the entire Republican party the ability to ignore the word, as if it means nothing.
Al Gore and Obama want to obfuscate world history during the Shoah so they say "denier" because it helps damn opponents and shuts down debate while glossing over the mass murder of millions..
<quoted text>^^^Thanks for clearly posting your intent: I'm trying to further debate, find compromise, understand alternative positions and express my views clearly, C.o.t.D. wants to "shut down" debate about climate and same sex marriage both. When your political opinions are unappealing and have been proven by history to create disaster your only choice is name calling.
I understand your fear, frustration and hatred so I feel your pain. Gays never had same sex marriage and they still don't so nothing's lost. Defaming the Catholic Church claiming "War on Gays", when the issue is the traditional definition of marriage harms all my Christian brothers and sisters and Orthodox Jews too. I oppose defaming religions and prefer truth, courtesy, tolerance and where possible, respect.
You are what you do. Your words define you. You decide.
Do you whine this much in real life, or is this your "Topix" personality?

I love it when idiots go to such great extent to find the speck of dust in their neighbor's eye, but don't see the beam that crosses theirs!

"US Supreme Court precedent such as Loving v Virginia was precedent for male/female marriage."

No you stupid f*ck! And you don't even need to be a 1L to know it. All you need is meager Google skills and the ability to read!! Just look at the syllabus of the case:

"APPEAL FROM THE SUPREME COURT OF APPEALS OF VIRGINIA

Syllabus

Virginia's statutory scheme to prevent marriages between persons solely on the basis of racial classifications held to violate the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment."

Whether Mildred Jeter and Richard Loving were man and woman is irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Go read it for yourself ya schmuck.

http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/38...

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not "some people", he's called ALL defenders of one man and one woman marriage, "moron" and uses name-calling as the basis of his argument. I'll bet you agree, I've never seen a post from T.H. condemning insults or cyberbullying by same sex marriage advocates, or did I miss something?
"defenders of one man and one woman marriage" is your phrasing, certainly not his. If you believe this needs defending, then you should be ranting and railing against no fault divorce. Allowing people of the same gender to marry does not do any harm to the marriages of opposite sex couples. People who keep insisting it does, but never explain HOW it does, are morons... PERIOD.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Why>? Do you think claiming all one man and one woman marriage defenders are morons isn't more about you? Don't you believe all those who advocate government license sex segregated marriage are intellectual superiors? By the same logic, right?
Sorry, you and others who are against equality can pretend all you want that you are victims of some kind of bullying, but reasonable rational people know who it is that is being offensive and irrational.

It's ludicrous for you to cry about being called offensive names and such when you try to convince people that advocating for equality is somehow based in bigotry, while expecting us to believe that your own bigotry is something righteous.

You come up with an idiotic catch phrase like "sex segregated marriage" thinking it's actually clever and has some meaning, and refuse to stop using it long after it's been repeatedly pointed out how asinine it is.

It's pretty damned simple in my mind. If your spouse being the opposite sex is what's important to you, then go for it. In no way am I trying to interfere with you choosing to marry who you wish to marry.

But if you tell me that by preferring to marry someone of the same sex I'M somehow interfering with YOUR rights and YOUR marriage, and I must be the one who is somehow bigoted, I must conclude that you are a freaking batshit crazy bigoted moron.

YOU are the one who is being dumb, bad, wrong, intolerant, uncivil, irrational and bigoted.... All I'm doing is advocating that consenting adults be allowed to marry who they want to marry, regardless of what genitalia they possess, because it's their own business and it is not YOUR business except when it's your OWN marriage.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

Here is a brief video that should be very helpful to those of you who are actively against same sex marriage...or perhaps you prefer "defending one man and one woman marriage."

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Everyone should see this and spread it around to show how serious the damage will be when same sex marriage is allowed.

Indeed, in the many states where same sex marriage is legal, about HALF of all "one man /one woman marriages" are failing!!! In fact. it's gotten so bad that this same alarming statistic appears to be true even in states where same sex marriage is still illegal! Not only that, but it's been that way for decades before the fist state legalized it!

So PLEASE... although it may seem inevitable that marriage equality will eventually be the law of the land, maybe, just maybe if we all stand up and DEFEND ONE MAN/ONE WOMAN MARRIAGE, we can do some real good. Otherwise, we're doomed.

DOOMED I TELL YOU!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
"defenders of one man and one woman marriage" is your phrasing, certainly not his.
His is "bigot".

Tre H wrote:
If you believe this needs defending, then you should be ranting and railing against no fault divorce.
Okay, after stopping segregating marriage by sex we'll discuss divorce.

Tre H wrote:
Allowing people of the same gender to marry does not do any harm to the marriages of opposite sex couples.
Ask Brendan Eich about the harm, ask someone insulted or injured to tell you about harm. Our budget is trillion$ in debt, more wasteful government spending from new entitlements of same sex marriage is more harm to our our children left to pay that debt.

Tre H wrote:
People who keep insisting it does, but never explain HOW it does, are morons... PERIOD.
I've listed harm from sex segregated marriage before and I'll list them again. New intrusive regulation around marriage forcing Christians to help celebrate same sex wedding ceremonies if they own a business. Sex segregation marriage is the death of American religious freedom.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 18

Judged:

"Brian_g"
I've listed harm from sex segregated marriage before and I'll list them again. New intrusive regulation around marriage forcing Christians to help celebrate same sex wedding ceremonies if they own a business. Sex segregation marriage is the death of American religious freedom.
----------
poor brian.....another delusional fundie that has confused persecution with NOT GETTING THEIR !@## WAY....esad

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 19

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
His is "bigot".
Which is appropriate in your case, because you are one.
Brian_G wrote:
Okay, after stopping segregating marriage by sex we'll discuss divorce.
Sorry, kiddo. The only segregation going on is the exclusion of some sex couples from equal protection under the law to legally marry. Thus far, you have proven incapable of articulating any compelling governmental interest served by doing so that would render such a restriction constitutional, and begin to hint that you have even a mild degree of intelligence.
Brian_G wrote:
Ask Brendan Eich about the harm, ask someone insulted or injured to tell you about harm. Our budget is trillion$ in debt, more wasteful government spending from new entitlements of same sex marriage is more harm to our our children left to pay that debt.
Brendan chose to lend his voice to a bad cause, which disrupted the business he was tapped to head. Fortunately, unlike you, he took responsibility for his actions and voluntarily stood down in the best interest of the company.
Brian_G wrote:
Brian, you are an idiot. Christian business owners are not allowed to turn people away because they hold different beliefs.

Suppose for a moment that you had a beautiful daughter who was getting ready to marry a wonderful, handsome, talented, and wealthy young man. You are going to get the cake, and elect to choose the finest baker in town, who happens to be Muslim. What would you do if they turned you away because your daughter's ceremony was to be a Christian one?

Can you see that allowing businesses to force clients to comply with the religious beliefs of the business owner is actually a violation of free exercise.

Were you not an idiot, you would see that the situation you advocate has any number of unintended consequences, and would essentially disassemble the first amendment. This is why smarter people than you deal with such matters.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 19

Judged:

lides wrote:
Suppose for a moment that you had a beautiful daughter who was getting ready to marry a wonderful, handsome, talented, and wealthy young man. You are going to get the cake, and elect to choose the finest baker in town, who happens to be Muslim. What would you do if they turned you away because your daughter's ceremony was to be a Christian one?
I would take my business to another baker. I wouldn't sue the Muslim baker.
You are still hilarious though. With over 70% of the country identifying as Christian the Muslim's business never would get off the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 219,741 - 219,760 of219,838
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Gay/Lesbian Forum right now

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How Uganda 'poo poo pastor' Martin Ssempa tried... 8 min Julius 3
Singapore backs call to destroy gay-themed books 10 min Pattysboi 19
Biggest Gay Lies 10 min Julius 957
CO Baker Found Guilty for Denying Gay Couple We... (Dec '13) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 15,490
Fabulous in Frankfurt 25 min Pattysboi 4
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 34 min country girl 50,753
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 36 min Peter 200,229
Indiana Won't Recognize Same-Sex Marriages 1 hr Fa-Foxy 71
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,863
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••