Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#255595 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that there even is such a thing as love, which I doubt.
No one needs to love anything, to have sex.
Heterosexual activity is normal sexual activity. Homosexuality is abnormal sexual activity.
Love has nothing to do with it.
Heterosexuals also engage in anal and oral sex. Both men and women derive pleasure from oral sex, as they do from vaginal sex. Women, more often than anyone cares to admit, derive more pleasure from anal sex than they do from vaginal sex.

Since heterosexuals can engage in anal and oral sex, and derive pleasure from it, as gay men do, are oral and anal sex abnormal sexual activity?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#255596 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
Bragging about the powers of your courts and your laws will never justify the indignities they inflict upon society.
How is affording equal protection under the law an indignity inflicted upon society?
If the courts were to enact your bigoted views, that would be an indignity.
Equality under the law is part of the legal DNA of this country.
zef

Hemet, CA

#255597 Feb 24, 2015
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, another case of opinion vs. law. Hint hint, pecker-head; the only opinions that count when referring to matters of law, are the opinions of the courts at the appellate level.
Your opinion would need a very tall ladder to get to the bottom of the judges'/justices' shoes.
Enough with you tyrannical rantings.
Just admit you don't know what justify means.
Justify means even though your laws and rulings allow you to commit atrocities, that does not mean the atrocities you commit are morally right or fair.
zef

Hemet, CA

#255598 Feb 24, 2015
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
How is affording equal protection under the law an indignity inflicted upon society?
If the courts were to enact your bigoted views, that would be an indignity.
Equality under the law is part of the legal DNA of this country.
How is murdering innocent defenseless babies with impunity equal protection under the law?
I'm not the one murdering people simply because they are young, which is what bigotry actually is.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#255599 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
I'm not the one murdering people simply because they are young, which is what bigotry actually is.
Who is murdering people because they are young?
zef

Hemet, CA

#255600 Feb 24, 2015
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is murdering people because they are young?
Who? Murderers. Who else?

Location hidden

#255601 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me some examples?
zef

Hemet, CA

#255602 Feb 24, 2015
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me some examples?
Examples of what?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255603 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
What notion of love? I never claimed to have a notion of love.
Heterosexuality is normal. Homosexuality, beastiality, necrophilia, etc. is abnormal.
We stand corrected. You have no notion of love.
Your primary "notions" are of hatred, ignorance, and bigotry. The antithesis of love.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255604 Feb 24, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Bragging about the powers of your courts and your laws will never justify the indignities they inflict upon society.
What do you mean "your courts" and "your laws?"

And how does upholding the principles of liberty and equality via the U.S. Constitution inflict indignities upon society?"

Are you not American or anti-American?
zef

Hemet, CA

#255605 Feb 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "your courts" and "your laws?"
And how does upholding the principles of liberty and equality via the U.S. Constitution inflict indignities upon society?"
Are you not American or anti-American?
Because abortion violates the principle of the right to life.
And abortion violates the purpose of the constitution.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255606 Feb 25, 2015
Licensing sex segregated marriage is like regulating the internet as a utility. Welcome to Obamaville, were D.C.'s marriage laws are forced on the rest of the nation without the consent of the governed.

Location hidden

#255607 Feb 25, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples of what?
People committing murder based on age.

Location hidden

#255608 Feb 25, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Because abortion violates the principle of the right to life.
And abortion violates the purpose of the constitution.
Abortion was legal in this country when the Constitution was written. They viewed life to begin at the quickening, when a mother first felt movement. This was in the middle of pregnancy.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255609 Feb 25, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough with you tyrannical rantings.
Just admit you don't know what justify means.
All right; you don't know what justify means.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Justify means even though your laws and rulings allow you to commit atrocities, that does not mean the atrocities you commit are morally right or fair.
Actually, it's the opposite. Justify means that an action that would otherwise be unfair or immoral, is rendered fair and moral. A man is justified in killing another man who is engaged in the act of raping a woman, or another man. The killing is fair and moral.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255610 Feb 25, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How is murdering innocent defenseless babies with impunity equal protection under the law?
Simple. Fetuses are not persons born, or naturalized in the United States. Thus, they do not enjoy the same equal protection under the law as does the mother.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one murdering people simply because they are young, which is what bigotry actually is.
Was Casey Anthony charged with bigotry?

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255611 Feb 25, 2015
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!! Murderers murder. Is that the same as....

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255612 Feb 25, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
Licensing sex segregated marriage is like regulating the internet as a utility. Welcome to Obamaville, were D.C.'s marriage laws are forced on the rest of the nation without the consent of the governed.
Talk about utter idiocy!

"[M]arriage laws are forced on the rest of the nation without the consent of the governed."

Are you being forced to divorce your wife and marry a man? Is your wife being forced to divorce you and marry a woman?

Were you forced to marry your wife? Was your wife forced to marry you??

STFU ya dope.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255613 Feb 25, 2015
300 new pages of internet regulations tomorrow will stop your dissent.

Welcome to Obamaville.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255614 Feb 25, 2015
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why she didn't post that question to me, when she knows I am a lawyer.
Inky; you asked; "On what basis could the court prohibit other forms of marriage?"
The answer is so simple any kid in high school with a C+ average could answer it. The answer is, on the basis of what the individual state's constitution and legislature have determined. What follows is my professional, legal opinion on the matter.
A state court can prohibit any form of marriage the state legislature has deemed as prohibited, as long as such prohibition is not such that violates the freedoms recognized and protected by the U.S. Constitution. When the State's constitution conflicts with the U.S. Constitution in such manner, the U.S. Constitution takes precedence.
Now, since the U.S. Constitution allows the individual states to enact their own constitutions, even though the U.S. Constitution does not define marriage, individual states have the right to do so. Florida, for example, does. Yet, and even though Florida's constitution defines marriage as "the legal union of only one man and one woman as husband and wife[,]" same sex couples have legally been allowed to marry, because such provision has been deemed unconstitutional, at the Federal level. See Brenner v. Scott, 999 F. Supp. 2d 1278 (N.D. Fla. 2014). As such, the holding of a Florida Federal Court takes precedence over Florida's constitution. Thus, Florida state courts are compelled to comply with the Northern District of Florida's District Court's holding, until such is overturned at the Circuit, or Supreme Levels.
At any rate, since your question is obviously directed towards a court's prohibition of incestuous marriages and polygamous marriages, go back to the portion of my answer that mentions a high school kid with a C+ average.
Since there is a provision for full faith and credit in Article IV of the U.S. Constitution, and my heterosexual marriage is recognized in all 50 states, the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment mandates that same sex marriages must also be recognized in all 50 states, lest the state that does not wishes to face a constitutional challenge to such prohibition, which will, undoubtedly, lose.
It's a slow process, but it will happen.
So you agree with me that eventually any adult cohabitation couple or group will be recognized as a legal marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Terra Firma 20,751
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 4 min Aspirin Between M... 4
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 4 min Cujo 53
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 14 min NorCal Native 4,955
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 17 min NorCal Native 2,488
Marshall University Football Player Arrested In... 19 min Fa-Foxy 1
Are the mods fair and balanced? 28 min NE Jade 856
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 54 min Fa-Foxy 225
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 59,653
More from around the web