Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 20 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255324 Jan 22, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> I see your point. I just think that blaming God for creating you with the freedom to choose good or evil is fallacious and unfair. It ignores the fact that God so loved the world that He put on flesh so He could allow Himself to be tortured to death to pay the price of our sins and open Heaven to us. How is that the mean, unloving, God that you feel you must not believe in? Jesus/God said.. "Until now you have called me master and that is true. But now I call you friend, and I lay down my life for you."
If you think I'm blaming god, then you really DON'T see my point at all. I cannot blame something I don't believe exists. But in order to discuss certain issues with believers, I must often phrase things from the believers perspective that this god DOES exist. You seem to think I'm pretending, like I'm giving god the silent treatment (ironic, huh?) because i'm angry or hate him. No. I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not believe this god exists.

When you phrase something like "How is that the mean, unloving, God that you feel you must not believe in?" I don't feel I "must not believe in" this god... I simply cannot force myself to believe in something I just don't believe in. Much like the tooth fairy and Santa Claus, I beliieved when I was a child, because it was what I was taught. Then I grew up.

For the record, I'm agnostic leaning heavily toward atheist. I'm not positive that no supreme being exists... I'm just sure that if one does exist, it is not the one in the bible.
kent

Twinsburg, OH

#255325 Jan 22, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said before that I somertimes envy those who believe they KNOW their purpose and KNOW they will be receiving some kind of reward in the afterlife. It must be very comforting. Yet I can't force myself to believe what doesn't make sense to me just because it would be comforting to do so.
Would I LIKE to believe there's a loving god who will make sure we can have eternal happiness? Sure.
Do I really believe it? Nope.
I was an agnostic when I married. As you know that means I had not accepted the existance of God But niether could I reject the existance of God. Even growing up, raised by Atheists, it made no sense to me that we could be standing in the middle of a vast creation that was not created.. had no Creator! That was like telling me that I had a watch on my wrist but there was no such thing as a Watchmaker.. as proven by the fact that I had never seen him! I could reccomend a lot of books and brilliant apologists but they are not what convinced me, finally, that there is a God. I was forever convinced by the very specific answers I got to my prayers.They usually started with.."God. If you are there..
kent

Twinsburg, OH

#255326 Jan 23, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I'm blaming god, then you really DON'T see my point at all. I cannot blame something I don't believe exists. But in order to discuss certain issues with believers, I must often phrase things from the believers perspective that this god DOES exist. You seem to think I'm pretending, like I'm giving god the silent treatment (ironic, huh?) because i'm angry or hate him. No. I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not believe this god exists.
When you phrase something like "How is that the mean, unloving, God that you feel you must not believe in?" I don't feel I "must not believe in" this god... I simply cannot force myself to believe in something I just don't believe in. Much like the tooth fairy and Santa Claus, I beliieved when I was a child, because it was what I was taught. Then I grew up.
For the record, I'm agnostic leaning heavily toward atheist. I'm not positive that no supreme being exists... I'm just sure that if one does exist, it is not the one in the bible.
No insult intended but it seems to me that most Atheist's idea of "the God of the Bible" is an angry God. IMHO This god is fabricated by referring only to those times in the O.T. when God was (justifiably) angry and by ignoring verses where He was protecting and providing for His people and where He expresses His love for them.. "Fear not for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name: you are mine. When you pass through the water, I will be with you.. the flames shall not consume you.. Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you.." Isaiah 43:1-4
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255327 Jan 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
100% FALSE
Pity you have to be a damned liar to defend your precious church ar all costs.
No isn't false. You don't seem to be able to establish a difference in your mind between any religious person and and a religious terrorist. You put them all in the same box.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255328 Jan 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>, For the record, I'm agnostic leaning heavily toward atheist. I'm not positive that no supreme being exists... I'm just sure that if one does exist, it is not the one in the bible.
If not the God of the bible, then who?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255329 Jan 24, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> I was an agnostic when I married. As you know that means I had not accepted the existance of God But niether could I reject the existance of God. Even growing up, raised by Atheists, it made no sense to me that we could be standing in the middle of a vast creation that was not created.. had no Creator! That was like telling me that I had a watch on my wrist but there was no such thing as a Watchmaker.. as proven by the fact that I had never seen him! I could reccomend a lot of books and brilliant apologists but they are not what convinced me, finally, that there is a God. I was forever convinced by the very specific answers I got to my prayers.They usually started with.."God. If you are there..
It seems that this planet was created by something for the sole purpose ofsupporting human life.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255330 Jan 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said before that I somertimes envy those who believe they KNOW their purpose and KNOW they will be receiving some kind of reward in the afterlife. It must be very comforting. Yet I can't force myself to believe what doesn't make sense to me just because it would be comforting to do so.
Would I LIKE to believe there's a loving god who will make sure we can have eternal happiness? Sure.
Do I really believe it? Nope.
Does it make sense that a world with just the right balance of water air and earth with the perfect renewal system in just the right place is a random happening? That the earth is just the right distance from the sun and with a moon controlling tides and a exact composition of gases to support life. with the perfect atmoshere to protect us from the sun and a perfect crust to protect us from earth's molten center, for you, is happenstance. This would be hard for me to believe, along with the idea that there is no rhyme or reason to our existance. That we don't matter and nothing we do is of any importance. Because if there is no God than we aren't worth a fly.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255331 Jan 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that answers my question. No, you DON'T get my point at all. Either you're just not wired with an ability to comprehend the simple concept, or your indoctrination has all but removed that ability.
Is the god you believe in "all knowing?"
I get your point. You think that if there is a God he would have created a world where only perfect people lived. They would have no temptations or strife and Eden would have continued. Since He didn't then He must be evil because He knew folks would sin and then He could punish them.

I believe that He is all knowing and ultimately knows whether or not you and I will die believing and loving. He gives us every opportunity and He has the patience to never give up on us. This is only my opinion.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#255332 Jan 24, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that this planet was created by something for the sole purpose ofsupporting human life.
I disagree. I think that life is a consequence of nature, i.e. the formation of galixes, stars, planets, etc. naturally leads to life. That is the purpose of the universe as a whole.

Humans don't seem to "fit" on this planet because we destroy every other life form, including our own, that we come in contact with, deliberately or not.

I've been interested in astronomy and space exploration for more than 50 years. I used to watch as many NASA launches, manned and unmanned, as possible from the Mercury program in the early 60's thru the Gemini program, Apollo, etc to the shuttle launches (a bad idea if there ever was one).

For a long time I hoped that one day we woruld find lfe elsewhere in our solar system, even microbial life. I had hoped at one time that we would send a mission to Europa (see "Europa Report", it's a good movie) to drill thru the ice, and explore the ocean underneath for life.

Now I hope we never do so. Our history shows that we will kill any life we find there, and contaminate any environment we explore, whether we intend to do so or not.

Humans have been to the top of the highest mountain (Mt. Evererst). Humans have been to the deepest point in the ocean (The Marianas Trench). Humans have been to The Moon several times (more times than people have visited The Marianas Trench). And you know what we did at each of those extreme places ? WE DUMPED OUR GARBAGE THERE !

Recently NASA discovered a previously-unknown bacterial life form living in one of their "ultra-clean rooms" where spacecraft are assembled. If this life-form, or another unknown life-form hitched a ride on one of our spacecraft to to Europa's ocean, or another place in the solar system where life exists, who knows what havoc it could wreack in an environment with no defense to it ?

Face it, intentionally or not, humans are a BAD species.(CATS, however, are a GREAT species !:))

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255333 Jan 24, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
GO PACKERS !

:)

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#255334 Jan 24, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255335 Jan 24, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs?
Dinosaurs were one of the most sucessful life forms on this planet until that big rock from the sky landed on top of them and wiped them out (yes, rocks just spontaeously fall from the sky, despite what your mom may have told you).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255336 Jan 24, 2015
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. I think that life is a consequence of nature, i.e. the formation of galixes, stars, planets, etc. naturally leads to life. That is the purpose of the universe as a whole.
Humans don't seem to "fit" on this planet because we destroy every other life form, including our own, that we come in contact with, deliberately or not.
I've been interested in astronomy and space exploration for more than 50 years. I used to watch as many NASA launches, manned and unmanned, as possible from the Mercury program in the early 60's thru the Gemini program, Apollo, etc to the shuttle launches (a bad idea if there ever was one).
For a long time I hoped that one day we woruld find lfe elsewhere in our solar system, even microbial life. I had hoped at one time that we would send a mission to Europa (see "Europa Report", it's a good movie) to drill thru the ice, and explore the ocean underneath for life.
Now I hope we never do so. Our history shows that we will kill any life we find there, and contaminate any environment we explore, whether we intend to do so or not.
Humans have been to the top of the highest mountain (Mt. Evererst). Humans have been to the deepest point in the ocean (The Marianas Trench). Humans have been to The Moon several times (more times than people have visited The Marianas Trench). And you know what we did at each of those extreme places ? WE DUMPED OUR GARBAGE THERE !
Recently NASA discovered a previously-unknown bacterial life form living in one of their "ultra-clean rooms" where spacecraft are assembled. If this life-form, or another unknown life-form hitched a ride on one of our spacecraft to to Europa's ocean, or another place in the solar system where life exists, who knows what havoc it could wreack in an environment with no defense to it ?
Face it, intentionally or not, humans are a BAD species.(CATS, however, are a GREAT species !:))
LOL I think I am going to be very depressed for the rest of the day.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255337 Jan 24, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs?
Obviously not. Haven't seen one lately.

“Don't forget to”

smile

#255338 Jan 24, 2015
Fa-Foxy, comets and asteroids are common. Asteroid 2004 BL86 will be passing Earth very closely on Monday. Too close for comfort, really.

Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster? This was the exchange:

Ink,
"It seems that this planet was created by something for the sole purpose ofsupporting human life."

Junket,
"Dinosaurs?"

Extinct. Gone forever. Gone long before man walked the planet.

“Don't forget to”

smile

#255339 Jan 24, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not. Haven't seen one lately.
You acknowledge that dinosaurs existed?(I'm going to take one step at a time.)

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255340 Jan 24, 2015
Junket wrote:
Fa-Foxy, comets and asteroids are common. Asteroid 2004 BL86 will be passing Earth very closely on Monday. Too close for comfort, really.
Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster? This was the exchange:
Ink,
"It seems that this planet was created by something for the sole purpose ofsupporting human life."
Junket,
"Dinosaurs?"
Extinct. Gone forever. Gone long before man walked the planet.
"Too close for comfort, really." ?!

Does The Moon scare you too ? Because it's only one-third the distance this little space rock will be at it's closest approach.

Hundreds of tons of space rocks land on Earth every day. Aren't you scared of getting hit on the head by one ? Maybe you should ALWAYS carry an umbrella for protection.

(If you live in a house with gutters and you take a small magnet to the debris in your gutters, the tiny particles that stick to the magnet are almost all space debris).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255341 Jan 24, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
You acknowledge that dinosaurs existed?(I'm going to take one step at a time.)
OK I'll play. Yes I acknowledge that dinasaurs existed. Doesn't everyone?

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255342 Jan 24, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I'll play. Yes I acknowledge that dinasaurs existed. Doesn't everyone?
Southern Baptists and Mormons don't.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#255343 Jan 24, 2015
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Southern Baptists and Mormons don't.
http://www.mormonchurchbeliefs.com/faq/do-mor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court rejects challenge to New Jersey '... 3 min Potterman 16
News How Iran Solved Its Gay Marriage Problem 5 min Gremlin 1
News Texas Pastors Compare Gay Marriage To Bestialit... 8 min Potterman 7
News Kenyan government: We will not allow homosexual... 10 min Potterman 21
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 17 min Dan 542
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min The_Box 20,704
News 'No room' for gays in Kenya, says deputy president 26 min Wall 12
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 32 min Nine Ball 59,627
News Mark Hopkins: The Supreme Court and gay marriage 38 min Wall 32
News Gay marriage foe's argument seems to leave Supr... 1 hr Belle Sexton 136
Are the mods fair and balanced? 9 hr DebraE 830
More from around the web