Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219997 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#254854 Jun 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I just hope it isn't too few, too late:
<quoted text>
Bush hasn't been President for six years, if Obama's forgotten, the people haven't as his favorability rating plummets.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/171794/clinton-eld...
Brian, do you have to turn this into a political debate when it's a debate related to your beloved RCC and its stance on women and homosexuals?

Fine then. Let's turn this into a debate about why the RCC covered up the actions of pedophile priests, including, but not limited to, Father Oliver O'Grady. And, let's also discuss the latest findings in Northern Ireland, relating to the more than 800 remains of women and babies, which the RCC saw fit to dispose in such an "unholy" manner, simply because they were unwed mothers and the option for them to abort was non-existent.

And, if you have the courage to answer this post, I will pledge to make reasonable efforts to avoid insulting you, since I know it hurts you so much when I do.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254855 Jun 23, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
When last I checked, Iraq was a sovereign nation. If we were to rush to nations that "slaughter" homosexuals, we would be quite over stretched.
Some people like to jump on the John Boehner bandwagon and blame everything in the world that is bad or perceived bad on Obama. They seem to forget that Obama is president of the United States, not the world. Indeed, Obama has failed to solve every problem in the world. I guess we won't re-elect him anymore. No doubt republicans have a candidate that can solve everything lickety split.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254856 Jun 24, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Bush hasn't been President for six years, if Obama's forgotten, the people haven't as his favorability rating plummets.
Leave it to you to re-write reality, Brian.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidentia...

Bush's low point was 25%. And, if you hand't noticed, we are still cleaning up his mess, which explains the troops being sent back to Iraq. If Bush hadn't screwed the pooch, we wouldn't be there at all.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254861 Jun 25, 2014
The real war on women and gays is being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and our President is more interested in blaming Bush to appease his base than winning or saving lives.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#254862 Jun 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The real war on women and gays is being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and our President is more interested in blaming Bush to appease his base than winning or saving lives.
So there is no war on women and gays in the USA, or it's not a "real" war, if it can be called a war. Is that it??

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254863 Jun 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The real war on women and gays is being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and our President is more interested in blaming Bush to appease his base than winning or saving lives.
How did invading Iraq and Afghanistan SAVE LIVES, dimwit?

Do you realize the the pentagon didn't even track numbers of indigenous lives lost in our operations?

I've always thought you were a twit, but it currently seems as though you are certifiably insane.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254864 Jun 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The real war on women and gays is being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and our President is more interested in blaming Bush to appease his base than winning or saving lives.
There are probably thousands of threads on Iraq and Afghanistan... this isn't one of them.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#254865 Jun 27, 2014
-EXTANT- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion,it's a personal relationship with reality ! It seems to me that you've forgot that we in fact live in a "Secular" country and not a theocracy no matter how bad you want it to be so kindly keep your bible babble to yourself please as most of us don't want to hear about it ! Thank you ever so much !
Have you heard of Damien the Devil,
He's the one who cuts off peoples toes and boils them...
...and makes meatballs out of their eyes for soup.
Beware

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254866 Jun 27, 2014
Conservative Democrat wrote:
So there is no war on women and gays in the USA, or it's not a "real" war, if it can be called a war. Is that it??
Neither, gays are being murdered and schoolgirls have acid thrown on their faces in Iraq; there's nothing similar happening in the USA. When's the last time a Christian sect called for the death penalty for apostasy?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254867 Jun 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Neither, gays are being murdered and schoolgirls have acid thrown on their faces in Iraq; there's nothing similar happening in the USA. When's the last time a Christian sect called for the death penalty for apostasy?
Brian, quit being an idiot and come back to the topic at hand.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254868 Jun 28, 2014
The topic at hand is the "War on Women and Gays". I believe the Catholic church is on our side against the radical terrorists in Iraq and Syria who murder women and gays. You haven't cited any casualties from the Catholic Church; the left loves to defame religions.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254869 Jun 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The topic at hand is the "War on Women and Gays". I believe the Catholic church is on our side against the radical terrorists in Iraq and Syria who murder women and gays. You haven't cited any casualties from the Catholic Church; the left loves to defame religions.
Brian, you are an idiot. Only 1% of the population of Iraq and Syria is Catholic. Were you not a complete and utter moron, you would realize that you are off topic, and are making yourself appear to be an idiot, a$$hat first class, and troll.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#254870 Jun 28, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The topic at hand is the "War on Women and Gays". I believe the Catholic church is on our side against the radical terrorists in Iraq and Syria who murder women and gays. You haven't cited any casualties from the Catholic Church; the left loves to defame religions.
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who stand looking.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune,
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long,
And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.
And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#254872 Jun 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Neither, gays are being murdered and schoolgirls have acid thrown on their faces in Iraq; there's nothing similar happening in the USA. When's the last time a Christian sect called for the death penalty for apostasy?
So you're saying there is no war on gays and women in the U. S. Is that. Fair statement?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#254873 Jun 29, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The topic at hand is the "War on Women and Gays". I believe the Catholic church is on our side against the radical terrorists in Iraq and Syria who murder women and gays. You haven't cited any casualties from the Catholic Church; the left loves to defame religions.
The topic at hand is Catholic Church waging war on women and gays.

The Catholic Church is only on the side of the Catholic Church. If it was on "our side," it would have never engaged in the atrocities it committed in Ireland, or in covering up the horrible acts of its clergy, against kids.

The RCC is the most evil entity in the world. You should be proud of your beloved religion.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254874 Jul 8, 2014
NOW calls Catholic nuns 'dirty'
BY KEVIN DALEY | JULY 7, 2014 | 2:08 PM

The National Organization for Women, one of the nation's largest pro-abortion lobbies, named a Catholic order of nuns to a list called “The Dirty 100,” a catalog of the 100 entities which filed lawsuits against the Affordable Care Act's contraception mandate.

The order of nuns NOW finds “dirty” are the Little Sisters of the Poor, a religious institute for women founded by St. Jeanne Jugan in 19th century France. They are dedicated to care of the elderly impoverished, and describe their spiritual charism as “grace of hospitality toward the aged poor.”
....
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2550562

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254875 Jul 8, 2014
lides wrote:
Brian, you are an idiot. Only 1% of the population of Iraq and Syria is Catholic. Were you not a complete and utter moron, you would realize that you are off topic, and are making yourself appear to be an idiot, a$$hat first class, and troll.
More than 50% are women, why do you want them condemned to illiteracy and unemployment? What have you got against those women, that you would want them harmed the way ISIS is doing to women and gays now?

The real war isn't in the West, the Catholic Church and most Christian churches revere women and gays, none of them advocate keeping girls out of school or murdering gays. Vice President Biden introduced the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to the Senate and President Clinton signed it into law. Democrats used to care about people's religious freedom.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254876 Jul 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>More than 50% are women, why do you want them condemned to illiteracy and unemployment? What have you got against those women, that you would want them harmed the way ISIS is doing to women and gays now?
The real war isn't in the West, the Catholic Church and most Christian churches revere women and gays, none of them advocate keeping girls out of school or murdering gays. Vice President Biden introduced the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to the Senate and President Clinton signed it into law. Democrats used to care about people's religious freedom.
Brian, the subject of the topic is the Catholic Church.

I think you have been dropped on your head one too many times, and I am not entirely certain that all of them were in your childhood.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254877 Jul 9, 2014
Shocking moment ISIS militants take sledgehammers to Mosul tomb of Prophet Jonah as more than 50 blindfolded bodies are found massacred south of Baghdad

ISIS militants filmed taking sledgehammers to tombstones in Mosul, Iraq
Donning balaclavas and black clothing, they swung weapons into tombs
One grave belonged to Prophet Jonah, revered by Muslims and Christians
Rebels believe special veneration of tombs is against teachings of Islam
Comes as more than 50 bodies have been found in city south of Baghdad
Most of the bodies were blindfolded with gunshot wounds, said authorities
Investigation is underway to establish the circumstances of the killings

By SOPHIE JANE EVANS and ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 12:00 GMT, 9 July 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26859...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254878 Jul 9, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Shocking moment ISIS militants take sledgehammers to Mosul tomb of Prophet Jonah as more than 50 blindfolded bodies are found massacred south of Baghdad
ISIS militants filmed taking sledgehammers to tombstones in Mosul, Iraq
Donning balaclavas and black clothing, they swung weapons into tombs
One grave belonged to Prophet Jonah, revered by Muslims and Christians
Rebels believe special veneration of tombs is against teachings of Islam
Comes as more than 50 bodies have been found in city south of Baghdad
Most of the bodies were blindfolded with gunshot wounds, said authorities
Investigation is underway to establish the circumstances of the killings
By SOPHIE JANE EVANS and ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 12:00 GMT, 9 July 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26859...
http://supertart.com/priceofteainchina/images...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge: Gay couples across Alabama have right to... 10 min Novus Ordo Seclorum 38
News Gay couple has adoption vacated now that they c... 13 min Oscar 11
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 18 min mitt s santorum s... 291
News Josh Duggar apology not enough? Fallout from mo... 22 min Fa-Foxy 37
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 25 min The Tudors 68,580
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 25 min Just sayin 97
News Posters for and against same-sex marriage are seen 27 min mitt s santorum s... 13
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 37 min NorCal Native 98
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 41 min TheTrioSpamGroup 5,569
More from around the web