Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
218,941 - 218,960 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It took two days but I finally have an answer.
You're right, I don't think that you can believe in shades of gray. For me, you either believe something or you don't and you should know which it is. Clarity is important to one's knowledge of who they are and how they want to live. Just my opinion.
You can believe in something, and still not believe in everything that is said about it.

You want an example?

Santa Claus. The concept of Santa Claus is based on an actual a person that supposedly really existed, Saint Nicholas. One can believe that Saint Nicholas existed without believing that he lives in the North Pole and comes down chimney's every Christmas, right?

What I got from Tre's response is that he acknowledges that there may be a kernel of truth in the stories about Jesus, but that he doesn't believe all of them are true.

Live is FULL of such shades of gray. Only the extremist thinks everything must be either/or.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong, if you think like that, well your life is full of chaos and reading your posts show you are chaotic. If you don't believe in God, then you worship satan. No in between. No shades of grey.
You are 100% incorrect in this post.
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong, if you think like that, well your life is full of chaos and reading your posts show you are chaotic. If you don't believe in God, then you worship satan. No in between. No shades of grey.
I feel very very sorry for you
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe in something, and still not believe in everything that is said about it.
You want an example?
Santa Claus. The concept of Santa Claus is based on an actual a person that supposedly really existed, Saint Nicholas. One can believe that Saint Nicholas existed without believing that he lives in the North Pole and comes down chimney's every Christmas, right?
What I got from Tre's response is that he acknowledges that there may be a kernel of truth in the stories about Jesus, but that he doesn't believe all of them are true.
Live is FULL of such shades of gray. Only the extremist thinks everything must be either/or.
It doesn't matter how conveluted her thought process is. I only asked if she believed in the biblical Jesus, basically if he walked the earth. It is an either/or question. She finally said "no".
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

She should be he. I guess.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how conveluted her thought process is. I only asked if she believed in the biblical Jesus, basically if he walked the earth. It is an either/or question. She finally said "no".
Way to miss the point, Witless.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to miss the point, Witless.
It was my original point and question and it only required a yes, no or I don't know answer.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It was my original point and question and it only required a yes, no or I don't know answer.
That's because you're an extremist, who only thinks in black and white. By the way, Witless, I wasn't talking about your original question, but the point of my post (and Tre's for that matter). A point which I believe you actually saw, but couldn't admit was valid. Either that, or you're even less intelligent than I previously thought.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you're an extremist, who only thinks in black and white. By the way, Witless, I wasn't talking about your original question, but the point of my post (and Tre's for that matter). A point which I believe you actually saw, but couldn't admit was valid. Either that, or you're even less intelligent than I previously thought.
Does that mean that if you believe in Jesus, you are an extremist and if you definately don't believe in Jesus, you are also an extremist? Black and white.

Or is it better to say, I think I might believe in some man who might have lived in that time but I don't think I believe He was Jesus or that He did all the things written. I guess that is valid to a confused mind.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that if you believe in Jesus, you are an extremist and if you definately don't believe in Jesus, you are also an extremist? Black and white.
Or is it better to say, I think I might believe in some man who might have lived in that time but I don't think I believe He was Jesus or that He did all the things written. I guess that is valid to a confused mind.
Do you believe Saint Nicholas existed?
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Saint Nicholas existed?
Yes

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Do you believe he dropped presents down people's chimneys?
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe he dropped presents down people's chimneys?
No

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Bitner!
That's a trick question. Please rephrase.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Well then, you believe a person existed without believing everything that is said about him. Which is what Tre said about Jesus. As I pointed out earlier, not confused, or convoluted at all.
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then, you believe a person existed without believing everything that is said about him. Which is what Tre said about Jesus. As I pointed out earlier, not confused, or convoluted at all.
Who? St Nicholas or Santa?
Ink

Narberth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a dumb bunny. St Nicholas was a bishop in the third century who was secretly very generous to people in need. Santa is a compulation of many cultures melted into one. The santa was imagined by a newspaper journalist in the 1800's.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who? St Nicholas or Santa?
Who did I ask about, Witless?
Economist

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

HuskerDu wrote:
Spoken like true zealot.

Incapable of seeing past his nose.

It is either god or satan!!

Good or bad nothing normal.

Hot or cold nothing between.

Here or there nothing on the way.

You show yourself being of very limited intelligence.

You are a pitiful mentally blind person.

Economist

Grand Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe He existed? How much of what is written about Him is believable to you?
There is little reason to find that your supposed savior existed.

You can not prove that he did by citing a collection of screeds that have been edited to make people think that he did exist.
There are no contemporary writings of Jesus.

None. Zero.

There are no mention of him or of the marvels attributed to him by any of the people that were writing of events during the time of his purported life.

Your faith makes you blind because it's nothing but myth and superstition instilled by authority figured in your life.

You just can't reconcile yourself to the idea that when you die; that is all folks.

No more you forever, only memories and descendants.

You believers hang on to life with extreme medical procedures and you cry or are sad at funerals because deep down you know that your faith is nothing more than childish wishful thinking.

If you really thought that there was a heaven, you'd be celebrating and laughing when hearing of a friend's and relative's death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••