Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254151 Oct 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's possible.
So.... is it that you don't have a sense of humor, or do you really think I'm stupid?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254152 Oct 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the old Jewish point of view. Jesus was soundly criticized for associating with women. Jesus is my hero and obviously a man who respected women.
So, the Old Testament should be ignored? Why the difference? Did "God" change his mind? Or could it be that none of it was written or "divinely inspired" by god or Jesus, but by mere men and their ancient and primitive concepts?

Wait a minute... I almost forgot... I'm too stupid to even ask those questions.

If anybody wants to pray for me to "find the lord" (because we all know that works) remember to squint and grunt to give it extra power ;)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254153 Oct 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally cannot live by blind acceptance of legend and myth as a framework for my life, and choose to stay grounded in reality.
If a god existed that wanted me on its team, I would expect it to be both willing and able to communicate with me directly.
Neither can I and I am firmly grounded.

I am reading all I can find about Jesus and even the most skeptical historians reluctently admit that He probably existed. So if he existed and we know of him when we actually shouldn't, there must have been a reason for his presence. Either he was a liar, a lunatic or who he said he was. I am interested in knowing.

God does communicate but you have to have your mind, ears and heart open. You will hear Him when you are ready.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254154 Oct 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... is it that you don't have a sense of humor, or do you really think I'm stupid?
LOL no I don't think you are stupid or funny.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254155 Oct 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the Old Testament should be ignored? Why the difference? Did "God" change his mind? Or could it be that none of it was written or "divinely inspired" by god or Jesus, but by mere men and their ancient and primitive concepts?
Wait a minute... I almost forgot... I'm too stupid to even ask those questions.
If anybody wants to pray for me to "find the lord" (because we all know that works) remember to squint and grunt to give it extra power ;)
No it shouldn't be ignored. It is full of prophecies and ancient stories. Some of the earliest known to man. Some stories corrolate with new findings from Sumeria. The Old Testament is a wealth of information about ethics, laws, nature and civilization in general.

Still not stupid or funny.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254156 Oct 23, 2013
Ink wrote:
God does communicate but you have to have your mind, ears and heart open. You will hear Him when you are ready.
I'm sorry, but this is cliche garbage. You're trying to "blame" me for not hearing your god's communication because you suppose I don't have my mind, ears and heart open properly. Nonsense. If your god supposedly created me, then he made my mind, ears and heart the way they are.

If he WANTS me to hear him, I'd hear him. I hear plenty of people and things that I'd rather not hear. A god doesn't need to play silly games. If he wants people to acknowledge his existence, he'll make himself known without relying on people being "ready." If he exists and I'm not ready, then HE is responsible for my un-readiness, not me.

I don't need any bible-brainwashed "Christians" telling me how it's MY FAULT that god doesn't make himself known to me. I'm not falling for the old Catholic guilt trip nonsense. If your god was real, he'd supposedly be all powerful, and wouldn't need to rely on guilt, or games or ridiculous rituals, or worship for that matter.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#254157 Oct 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but this is cliche garbage. You're trying to "blame" me for not hearing your god's communication because you suppose I don't have my mind, ears and heart open properly. Nonsense. If your god supposedly created me, then he made my mind, ears and heart the way they are.
If he WANTS me to hear him, I'd hear him. I hear plenty of people and things that I'd rather not hear. A god doesn't need to play silly games. If he wants people to acknowledge his existence, he'll make himself known without relying on people being "ready." If he exists and I'm not ready, then HE is responsible for my un-readiness, not me.
I don't need any bible-brainwashed "Christians" telling me how it's MY FAULT that god doesn't make himself known to me. I'm not falling for the old Catholic guilt trip nonsense. If your god was real, he'd supposedly be all powerful, and wouldn't need to rely on guilt, or games or ridiculous rituals, or worship for that matter.
There's a reason why these open minded and grounded people are "chosen"
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254158 Oct 24, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand me again.

I am not blaming you for anything. See if we can go another way. A yes or no answer please.
Are you looking for God?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254159 Oct 24, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason why these open minded and grounded people are "chosen"
You have it all backwards. It has nothing to do with being chosen unless you are a Jew and I think they take that a little too seriously.

We usually don't find what we are not looking for and there is nothing wrong with not looking.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#254160 Oct 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have it all backwards. It has nothing to do with being chosen unless you are a Jew and I think they take that a little too seriously.
We usually don't find what we are not looking for and there is nothing wrong with not looking.
Expert on Jews now too I see. I think you've found exactly what you are looking for. Good luck

“=”

Appleton WI

#254162 Oct 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it shouldn't be ignored. It is full of prophecies and ancient stories. Some of the earliest known to man. Some stories corrolate with new findings from Sumeria. The Old Testament is a wealth of information about ethics, laws, nature and civilization in general.
Still not stupid or funny.
Thanks for acknowledging that I'm not stupid... and I can't fault you for not sharing my sense of humor, it seems few people do.

I'll put this a different way... Do you think "God" underwent some major personality changes between the Old testament and the New Testament... and if so, do you believe "God" really changed, or was it the people who wrote the stories who were different?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254163 Oct 25, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand me again.
I am not blaming you for anything. See if we can go another way. A yes or no answer please.
Are you looking for God?
What did I misunderstand?

You said, "God does communicate but you have to have your mind, ears and heart open. You will hear Him when you are ready."

That clearly implies that you think I am not ready, and you don't believe my mind, ears and heart are properly open to receive God's communication. In other words, it's all on me, and not God, that I'm not receiving his message.

Am I looking for God?

No.

I'm also not looking for a Flying Pink Unicorn. Why would I look for something I don't believe exists? And why should I believe I'll suffer eternal punishment for that?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254164 Oct 25, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
What did I misunderstand?
You said, "God does communicate but you have to have your mind, ears and heart open. You will hear Him when you are ready."
That clearly implies that you think I am not ready, and you don't believe my mind, ears and heart are properly open to receive God's communication. In other words, it's all on me, and not God, that I'm not receiving his message.
Am I looking for God?
No.
I'm also not looking for a Flying Pink Unicorn. Why would I look for something I don't believe exists? And why should I believe I'll suffer eternal punishment for that?
Nothing is on you. You have no obligations. It just isn't the right time and it may never be. I think it is realistic and factual to say that you won't find what you aren't looking for. I won't find gold because I'm not in the mines.

Why do you take this as a criticism? Not everybody needs or wants God in their lives. We all have to live the way we want.

BTW, He does make His presence felt sometimes when you don't expect it. He also doesn't punish people for what they don't know.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254165 Oct 25, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for acknowledging that I'm not stupid... and I can't fault you for not sharing my sense of humor, it seems few people do.
I'll put this a different way... Do you think "God" underwent some major personality changes between the Old testament and the New Testament... and if so, do you believe "God" really changed, or was it the people who wrote the stories who were different?
Here is where I get in trouble. I think the God of the OT did in fact inspire stories [myths] to a group of people whom He wanted His presence known. For me, the OT is an interpertation of natural happenings by respected Hebrew prophets. It is also a recording of Jewish history. Governing and order of twelve different nomadic tribes was probably a difficult task. Answering to God I would think helped to create a society of single minded people with a purpose for growth and survival in barbarian times.

I do believe that there was a God of influence guiding them and I do believe that the so called prophets had an ability to see the future that God had planned for them. I believe that Jesus is the fullfillment of those prophecies. He gave us a gift but we as a world haven't paid attention. From all I've read, I find nothing but honesty and kindness associated with him.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254166 Oct 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is on you. You have no obligations. It just isn't the right time and it may never be. I think it is realistic and factual to say that you won't find what you aren't looking for. I won't find gold because I'm not in the mines.
Why do you take this as a criticism? Not everybody needs or wants God in their lives. We all have to live the way we want.
BTW, He does make His presence felt sometimes when you don't expect it. He also doesn't punish people for what they don't know.
Well, you have definitely managed to distance yourself from the majority of Christians, as well as the Bible on this one.

"Not everybody needs or wants God in their lives. We all have to live the way we want."

I don't think there's a single Christian denomination or Bible interpretation that would support that. But hey, if that's what you believe, that's what you believe.

"BTW, He does make His presence felt sometimes when you don't expect it. He also doesn't punish people for what they don't know."

Again, not exactly in line with what typical Christians believe... but still similar in the way you seem to think you know what your god does and does not do.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254167 Oct 28, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where I get in trouble. I think the God of the OT did in fact inspire stories [myths] to a group of people whom He wanted His presence known. For me, the OT is an interpertation of natural happenings by respected Hebrew prophets. It is also a recording of Jewish history. Governing and order of twelve different nomadic tribes was probably a difficult task. Answering to God I would think helped to create a society of single minded people with a purpose for growth and survival in barbarian times.
I do believe that there was a God of influence guiding them and I do believe that the so called prophets had an ability to see the future that God had planned for them. I believe that Jesus is the fullfillment of those prophecies. He gave us a gift but we as a world haven't paid attention. From all I've read, I find nothing but honesty and kindness associated with him.
That's interesting, but doesn't really answer my question.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254168 Oct 29, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have definitely managed to distance yourself from the majority of Christians, as well as the Bible on this one.
"Not everybody needs or wants God in their lives. We all have to live the way we want."
I don't think there's a single Christian denomination or Bible interpretation that would support that. But hey, if that's what you believe, that's what you believe.
"BTW, He does make His presence felt sometimes when you don't expect it. He also doesn't punish people for what they don't know."
Again, not exactly in line with what typical Christians believe... but still similar in the way you seem to think you know what your god does and does not do.
I don't think so. I was taught that God is fair and just.

11 “When you come to a city or town, find a home that is respected and stay there until you leave. 12 As you go into a house, tell them you hope good comes to them. 13 And if the house is respected, give them your good wishes. If it is not respected, let your good wishes come back to you. 14 Whoever does not receive you or does not listen to what you say, as you leave that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet

This line from the Bible shows Christ speaking to the apostles about their ministry where He says if you are not welcomed leave and shake the dust from your feet.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254169 Oct 29, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting, but doesn't really answer my question.
I think the people changed with Christ in their midst.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254170 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think so. I was taught that God is fair and just.
11 “When you come to a city or town, find a home that is respected and stay there until you leave. 12 As you go into a house, tell them you hope good comes to them. 13 And if the house is respected, give them your good wishes. If it is not respected, let your good wishes come back to you. 14 Whoever does not receive you or does not listen to what you say, as you leave that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet
This line from the Bible shows Christ speaking to the apostles about their ministry where He says if you are not welcomed leave and shake the dust from your feet.
I'm familiar with that bible verse, but it has little or nothing to do with what we were discussing.

When you say "Not everybody needs or wants God in their lives. We all have to live the way we want..." do you know of any verse in the bible that would support that? Do you know of any priest or minister who would support that?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254171 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the people changed with Christ in their midst.
I guess "God" wasn't quite "perfect" enough?

Anyway... my point with this is that the undeniable change in tone from the O.T to the New T suggests that NONE of the stories were dictated or divinely inspired by god, but were just written by different people with different perceptions of the world and their god, and therefore have no legitimate claim to be called "gospel truth."

If I believed there was a god, I'd like to believe he was fair and just too, but the god of the holy bible is far from it. Most human beings hold themselves to a much higher standard than the angry, jealous, genocidal maniac in the bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 16 min Frankie Rizzo 3,040
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 17 min Wondering 97
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 17 min WasteWater 1,403
Houston Tells Pastors to Turn Over Sermons or F... 19 min Sacramental Farts 234
GOP Congressional Candidate: Gay Couples Are 'G... 19 min Belle Sexton 7
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 20 min Wondering 31
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min Gunther 56,621
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,748
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 5 hr Lickalotta Lulu 27

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE