Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Read more
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254443 May 11, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn moralist - your type are usually the biggest offenders!
Tell me why we shouldn't teach our children morals.

“Crybaby men are such a bore”

Since: Mar 14

The wild wild north

#254444 May 11, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Morals according to whom? You? The RCC who protected and coddled their pedophiles? The RCC which considers BC a sin and against "natural law"?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254445 May 11, 2014
Protecting life is moral, advocating murder of innocent very young human beings isn't moral. One method of exploring morality is Kant's Categorical Imperative, asking what if everyone did it? Murder is immoral under the Categorical Imperative but helping others isn't.

Think about the morality of abortion, and how much you value human life.

The wild wild north

#254446 May 11, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Protecting life is moral, advocating murder of innocent very young human beings isn't moral. One method of exploring morality is Kant's Categorical Imperative, asking what if everyone did it? Murder is immoral under the Categorical Imperative but helping others isn't.
Think about the morality of abortion, and how much you value human life.
Protecting life in this instance means you need to control women while removing her rights to bodily autonomy, free will, best interests and liberty. Advocating lesser rights and reducing women/girls to incubators isn't moral.

Kanti? Let me guess a guy...right? What if everyone did it? Men cannot do it so that eliminates "everyone" from the question.

Think about morality in regards to freedom and how little you value women/girls with the exception of reducing them to incubators.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#254447 May 11, 2014
Morality isn't based on gender, right and wrong don't change for men and women. The "control" I advocate is called morality.

They love death as much as we love life.
Morgana9Rules

Minneapolis, MN

#254448 May 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Morality isn't based on gender, right and wrong don't change for men and women. The "control" I advocate is called morality.
They love death as much as we love life.
Pregnancy is specific to gender. Would it be moral for men to determine that women/girls MUST perform a medical/physical act that they themselves are not capable of while they take no risk? Men have made many determinations for women that they did not apply to themselves, considering it just, moral and according to natural law. You love life proudly at the expense of women/girls freedom, free will and best interests. How noble of you. Why do you hate women Brian?
You don't love life, you hate women. We don't love death, we love freedom and the right to control our own reproductive capabilities as much as you hate it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#254449 May 12, 2014
Gray box M.9.R. from Minneapolis, MN, did you forget your password again?

Morality isn't defined by gender, I would never perform an abortion unless a women's life was at stake. Why do you claim I hate women? The fact only one gender becomes pregnant doesn't absolve them for choosing to murder their own unborn children for their selfish economic or social convenience. Can you give any instances of men absolved of moral responsibility solely based on their gender?

Does pregnancy mean all men seek to harm women? That's as banal as labor pain caused by original sin. Please up your game or admit your stand is based on emotional appeal instead of morality.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#254450 May 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is imperfect, but what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick.
The results are proven. Comprehensive sex education gets better results than abstinence-only education.
Ink wrote:
It is like providing getaway cars to bank robbers, rather than teaching WHY it is wrong to stick up a bank.
There is nothing inherently unethical about having sex. There is with robbing a bank.
Ink wrote:
Teaching girls to have self respect, self esteem and self control would be in there best interest, not where the nearest PP clinic is.
Both are important.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254451 May 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody is imperfect, but what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick. It is like providing getaway cars to bank robbers, rather than teaching WHY it is wrong to stick up a bank.
Teaching girls to have self respect, self esteem and self control would be in there best interest, not where the nearest PP clinic is.
"what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick."

False. We don't suggest this at all. However, I would suggest that you are free to live by YOUR OWN "standards of right and wrong" and teach them to YOUR children, but you will not force me or anyone else to live by YOUR standards.

The problem is your arrogance in assuming that YOUR standards are the "correct" ones, so living by them yourself is not enough... EVERYONE must live by YOUR standards. You must think you are VERY SUPERIOR to others.

If you think abortion is "murder," don't have one. I'm sorry, but you don't get to make that choice for everyone else.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254452 May 12, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually they aren't out killing anybody born or unborn.
That doesn't even make sense. In the context of what I posted, I was talking about people who murder abortion doctors and blow up clinics. OF COURSE they are killing people. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy. "I'm judging you as a murderer, therefore I will murder you!" Are you denying that this has happened, or did you have some other asinine point that I missed?

The wild wild north

#254453 May 12, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Gray box M.9.R. from Minneapolis, MN, did you forget your password again?
Morality isn't defined by gender, I would never perform an abortion unless a women's life was at stake. Why do you claim I hate women? The fact only one gender becomes pregnant doesn't absolve them for choosing to murder their own unborn children for their selfish economic or social convenience. Can you give any instances of men absolved of moral responsibility solely based on their gender?
Does pregnancy mean all men seek to harm women? That's as banal as labor pain caused by original sin. Please up your game or admit your stand is based on emotional appeal instead of morality.
OH LOOK! The pretend pacifist takes a shot at an insult!! Such a phoney. You drop your nice guy act when cornered right Brian? For your information topix was in a bit of disaray when I logged in and that was the only means of posting. Happy? Satisfied?

Who said morality was defined by gender? Pregnancy IS defined by gender as only one gender is capable. I don’t care what “YOU” would do or the FACT you would be willing to murder a fetus in order save the life of the mother while giving a fetus equal rights…which remains a contradiction on your part.

I claim you hate women because I believe you do. You are most willing to force a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy/be life support against her will while exempting men from doing the same. You consider women brood mares and I consider that hateful. Also the fact the YOU look down your nose at women/girls whom you do not know nor will ever know and reduce their circumstances to “selfish economic or social convenience”(the guilt trip). Easy for you to say right Brian?

Men are absolved of any moral responsibility during pregnancy. They need do nothing, even though they contributed to the medical condition that the woman alone risks..

Pregnancy means a woman/girl has a right to determine whether or not she goes forward based on her all around best interests regardless of the constant wailing of the men (like you) who opts for control over the reproductive lives of women..

I too agree that the original sin concept (written & authored by men) condemning women to labor and child bearing to save their soul is asinine…but men wrote it…didn’t they? You should be proud.

The wild wild north

#254454 May 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I would never perform an abortion unless a women's life was at stake.
By the way Brian, what happened to rape and incest? Have you changed your mind?
Brian_G wrote:
Please up your game or admit your stand is based on emotional appeal instead of morality.
Emotional appeal? Are you trying to use the age old "women are over emotional and not rational? Hysterical even? How passe of you Brian as you desperately plead/beg people to see things your way and base their female lives on your male perspective having no part in pregnancy whatsoever. Brian dear, you are the one who is emotional while begging women to carry unwanted pregnancies against their will and best interests....from the "moment of conception no less" all to your self satisfaction. Now, please up your game or get a box of kleenex in order to clear your tears off the keyboard.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254455 May 13, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
"what you and other liberals suggest is that rather than restoring the standards of right and wrong you assert that education about safe sex and abortion will do the trick."
False. We don't suggest this at all. However, I would suggest that you are free to live by YOUR OWN "standards of right and wrong" and teach them to YOUR children, but you will not force me or anyone else to live by YOUR standards.
The problem is your arrogance in assuming that YOUR standards are the "correct" ones, so living by them yourself is not enough... EVERYONE must live by YOUR standards. You must think you are VERY SUPERIOR to others.
If you think abortion is "murder," don't have one. I'm sorry, but you don't get to make that choice for everyone else.
"Tre H" says: "The problem is your arrogance in assuming that YOUR standards are the "correct" ones, so living by them yourself is not enough... EVERYONE must live by YOUR standards. You must think you are VERY SUPERIOR to others."

Exactly!
Why can't more people see the big picture of pro-choice?

I remember this strong Roman Catholic couple who had 5 children and were happy they were expecting their 6th child. Early in her pregnancy she was told by her doctors that she had a good chance of surviving this terrible cancer she had if she would terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible and start her treatments.

She was against abortion and also against any treatments that would hurt the unborn.

This woman died less than a week after giving birth. The little girl was named Mira.(from the word miracle).

There was this other women who had children at home and was happily married and the couple were joyful expecting another child. The pregnancy was going well until months later the mother develop major complications. This couple were beside themselves but the mother decided to terminate her pregnancy and did survive to go home with her husband to be with their children.

Both these females made choices.

Access to this medical procedure abortion needs to remain legal.
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#254456 May 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We should definitely try to install morals in our children. Sorry I was harsh, but in my life I've known several very strict moralists - but they didn't apply those same strict morals to themselves. Again, please forgive me for my lack of manners in my previous reply to you. You're actually one of my favorite posters; even if we disagree, I will put it in a mannerly fashion because I truly do value your friendship.

Hope you have a great day :)
Sherlayne

Vienna, NJ

#254457 May 13, 2014
excuse me "instill", not install, LOL
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254458 May 14, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
We should definitely try to install morals in our children. Sorry I was harsh, but in my life I've known several very strict moralists - but they didn't apply those same strict morals to themselves. Again, please forgive me for my lack of manners in my previous reply to you. You're actually one of my favorite posters; even if we disagree, I will put it in a mannerly fashion because I truly do value your friendship.
Hope you have a great day :)
I don't mean to sound sarcastic but if you teach your children that it is acceptable to have the child growing in the womb killed because it isn't a convenient time to be born what other morals matter?

My problem with people who don't want to consider that there are standards for a society have just decided that there is no right and wrong. The only thing that matters is how the individual feels. It doesn't matter how their actions will affect anyone else. Only they/themselves matter. I think it does matter how what you do affects others.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254459 May 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't even make sense. In the context of what I posted, I was talking about people who murder abortion doctors and blow up clinics. OF COURSE they are killing people. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy. "I'm judging you as a murderer, therefore I will murder you!" Are you denying that this has happened, or did you have some other asinine point that I missed?
We have 2 billion Catholics alone and they aren't out killing abortion doctors. Abortionists are killing everyday.

Location hidden

#254460 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to sound sarcastic but if you teach your children that it is acceptable to have the child growing in the womb killed because it isn't a convenient time to be born what other morals matter?
Who is going to be teaching young children about a complex nuanced issue like abortion? No parent I know.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#254461 May 14, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to be teaching young children about a complex nuanced issue like abortion? No parent I know.
I didn't say young children.

Location hidden

#254462 May 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say young children.
So what age demographic are you objecting to? Young adults and teenagers?

I think they would understand that it's a more complex issue and not simply "kill versus not kill".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 3 min Frankie Rizzo 2,601
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 min Static Discharge 31,799
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 15 min serfs up 784
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy 22 min david traversa 25
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 30 min Nine Ball 59,234
News God has blessed us: Donations to Indiana pizzer... 44 min RiccardoFire 295
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 56 min piratefighting 2,535
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 63
Are the mods fair and balanced? 1 hr Reverend Alan 448
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 163
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 2 hr Christians In Nam... 36
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Reverend Alan 19,163
More from around the web