Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220349 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#254086 Oct 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it isn't. What you're saying is religion is god. Rather blasphemes but some Christians seem to make the rules up as they go along.
I didn't say that at all. Read what I write not what 'you' think I mean.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#254087 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that at all. Read what I write not what 'you' think I mean.
LOL, accusing me of doing what you do (and everyone else). How typical:-)
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254088 Oct 8, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, accusing me of doing what you do (and everyone else). How typical:-)
I didn't accuse you of anything. I just think it is not possible to have a conversation when we have your opinion and my opinion restructured as your opinion again. You end up talking to yourself.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#254089 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't accuse you of anything. I just think it is not possible to have a conversation when we have your opinion and my opinion restructured as your opinion again. You end up talking to yourself.
I imagine you do that a lot
Judy

Beeton, Canada

#254090 Oct 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink why don't you adopt a road and go pick some the garbage up. At least you will be doing something useful instead of continuing with your never ending silly comments.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#254091 Oct 9, 2013
Judy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink why don't you adopt a road and go pick some the garbage up. At least you will be doing something useful instead of continuing with your never ending silly comments.
I must say this person would make a good politician a la Ted Cruz or Michelle Bachman. Never a straight answer and woefully ignorant of the teachings of Jesus.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254092 Oct 9, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text> Never a straight answer and woefully ignorant of the teachings of Jesus.
Woefully ignorant? Comming from you, that breaks my heart.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254093 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay we can ignore the Bible, it doesn't mean anything and certainly it doesn't mean what it says. No problem.
Okay I have a childlike ignorance without a diverse experience.
The problem with that thinking is that people can and do change their situations. So it can be done. Only people of no faith easily accept that there are some who have no choices.
Where there is a will, there is a way.
The Church nor anybody else and they were all wrong.
I never said that we have no choices. But there are certainly things that are beyond our ability to control or decide. If all we need is a "will" to do whatever we please, what do we need a god for anyway?

It would be helpful if you could try to type out complete thoughts and sentences. A non sentence like "The Church nor anybody else and they were all wrong" doesn't make any sense.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254094 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to this question. How would you answer it?
"Pope Francis 3 days ago indicated that the church hirearchy for the last several years was narcisstic, and now Pope Francis wants to speed up the process in making a previous Pope a Saint.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/01/ ...
Does that make common sense to you?"
The bulk of his post was about the role of women in the church. The "question" I believe, was rhetorical. I believe he was making a point about the irony of the pope talking about the church having been narcissistic and then wanting to hurry up and canonize another former pope.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254095 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think Sister Simone is intelligent but dishonest and bound to ancient myths.
I didn't say she was dishonest. She can say things in a very vague and diplomatic way in public, and leave out some of her private thoughts without lying or being dishonest.

And yes, I guess I think any religious person, including brides of Christ, are unnecessarily bound to ancient myths.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254096 Oct 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say she was dishonest. She can say things in a very vague and diplomatic way in public, and leave out some of her private thoughts without lying or being dishonest.
And yes, I guess I think any religious person, including brides of Christ, are unnecessarily bound to ancient myths.
Boy did we get a different picture of the good Sister. I thought she was exceedingly blunt and forthright. Could you please tell me why you found her vague. I will repost her comments so that you can read them again.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/09/26/wil...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254097 Oct 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
The bulk of his post was about the role of women in the church. The "question" I believe, was rhetorical. I believe he was making a point about the irony of the pope talking about the church having been narcissistic and then wanting to hurry up and canonize another former pope.
Yes I understand that he thought it was ironic. I was trying to explain what does or doesn't dictate guidelines for sainthood. I didn't realize that I had to respond to only one part of the post.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254098 Oct 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that we have no choices. But there are certainly things that are beyond our ability to control or decide. If all we need is a "will" to do whatever we please, what do we need a god for anyway?
It would be helpful if you could try to type out complete thoughts and sentences. A non sentence like "The Church nor anybody else and they were all wrong" doesn't make any sense.
That pertained to your comment about Galileo.

Do you really want me to speak to your comments about God and will or would you rather I didn't?
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#254099 Oct 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Over time, Lincoln’s interest in religion grew. The death of his son Eddie in 1850 gave him cause to ponder the brevity and meaning of life on earth, and of course the casualties of the Civil War forced him to confront the issue every day. By the time he came to write the Second Inaugural Address in 1865, with its mature theological contemplation of the inscrutability and justice of the Almighty, he had gone far beyond the easy skepticism of his youth.
This religious conversion he went through—didn’t this happen at Gettysburg?
No, it wasn’t a “conversion” and it didn’t happen in any one place.
There is no evidence that he ever underwent a conversion experience, but the historical record does give us glimpses of Lincoln gradually developing a more personal relationship with God. For example, in the late summer of 1862 Lincoln was ready to issue the Emancipation Proclamation, but was waiting for the military situation to improve before doing so. When he met with his cabinet on September 22, a few days after Lee’s first invasion of the North was halted at the battle of Antietam, Lincoln told his advisers that the time was right, not just in strategic terms, but as a matter of keeping a divine covenant. He had made a promise “to his Maker,” he explained, that he would issue the Proclamation if the rebel army were driven out of Maryland, and now he was keeping his promise. He acknowledged that “It might be thought strange” to make the decision on this basis, but “God had decided this question in favor of the slaves.”
Two years later, Lincoln’s old friend Joshua Speed paid a visit to Washington. In a lecture he gave after the war, Speed claimed that he came upon Lincoln reading the Bible, and gently mocked him for it, asking if Lincoln had recovered from his youthful skepticism. Lincoln, according to Speed, said that he had and urged Speed to do the same. Indicating the Bible, Lincoln told Speed that he should “take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance on faith, and you will live and die a happier man.”
People change.
Yes. They change when it is expedient to change. Lincoln found thst politics required him to mouth that which the hoi-polli want to hear.

I fear that thou doth proest too much about the religious conversion of that astute politician, Pres, Lincoln.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#254100 Oct 10, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. They change when it is expedient to change. Lincoln found thst politics required him to mouth that which the hoi-polli want to hear.
I fear that thou doth proest too much about the religious conversion of that astute politician, Pres, Lincoln.
I think he was looking at his own mortality.
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#254101 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Good enough.
It may be "Good Enough" for you, but the god thing that Einstein refers to bears no resemblance to the one in which you put so much effort into promoting.
Economist

Grand Island, NY

#254102 Oct 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was looking at his own mortality.
And hoping for the immortality proffered by his bible's fables?

Gee, I give Lincoln more credit for being a realist.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#254103 Oct 11, 2013
Believers consume fewer drugs than atheists

Young Swiss men who say that they believe in God are less likely to smoke cigarettes or pot or take ecstasy pills than Swiss men of the same age group who describe themselves as atheists. Belief is a protective factor against addictive behaviour. This is the conclusion reached by a study funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.

Karl Marx said that religion was the opium of the people. New figures now suggest that religion plays a role in preventing substance misuse. A research team led by Gerhard Gmel from Lausanne University Hospital has shown in the journal Substance Use & Misuse that, in Switzerland, fewer religious young men consume addictive substances than men of their age group who are agnostics or atheists.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-believe...
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254104 Oct 11, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
Believers consume fewer drugs than atheists
Young Swiss men who say that they believe in God are less likely to smoke cigarettes or pot or take ecstasy pills than Swiss men of the same age group who describe themselves as atheists. Belief is a protective factor against addictive behaviour. This is the conclusion reached by a study funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Karl Marx said that religion was the opium of the people. New figures now suggest that religion plays a role in preventing substance misuse. A research team led by Gerhard Gmel from Lausanne University Hospital has shown in the journal Substance Use & Misuse that, in Switzerland, fewer religious young men consume addictive substances than men of their age group who are agnostics or atheists.
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-believe...
How many fewer? 10%, 20% 50%? How about alcohol which is, ny the way, a drug. You're the one making the claim. ante up the stats. Reliable, unbiased research sources please because if they aren't your claim is bogus

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Stafford, UK

#254105 Oct 11, 2013
Wow! This thread is still going! It should be in the Guinness Book of Records!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 8 min NorCal Native 3,212
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 34 min EdmondWA 492
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 38 min OccupyThis 335
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 1 hr thetruth 12
News Same-sex couple cheers gay marriage ruling in K... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 22
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... (Mar '15) 1 hr Termiraider 7,282
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 1 hr Just sayin 30
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr tbird19482 25,876
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 4 hr too lazy to log in 57
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 4 hr WasteWater 1,243
More from around the web