Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#254545 May 21, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>One example is Democratic Party Attorney Generals who refuse to enforce and defend the law because their values are different from the sworn oath to uphold law and the will of the people.....
Actually, they are NOT legally required to defend every law, and they are NOT required to try to work up a failing argument to protect something that is unconstitutional.

Try again. Study might help.

Location hidden

#254546 May 21, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Right, Sharia law is exactly like the Roman Catholic Church not allowing women in the governance; nothing more needs to be said. This is the morality you get from the left, the murder of homosexuals and women is justified by their perception of the RCC. And you wonder why America embraces conservatism?
You are intentionally being obtuse.

If a a group with a certain religious belief tried to enforce it's views on people who do not share them, buy creating law and enforcing it, then those religious beliefs are similar, in that way, to other groups who do the same.

No one should ever be forced to share a religious belief of others, no matter how sacred those others hold that belief.

Location hidden

#254547 May 21, 2014
Serfdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah, the antichrist rambles on.
The US constitution is a mere political document for Marxists like yourself.
Then why do you choose to live in a country whose citizens are protected by it? Makes no sense.

Location hidden

#254548 May 21, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>....... These leftists create invalid court cases, where there is no opposition to the plaintiffs. We see the result where the court has no jurisdiction because the parties aren't in dispute, as in California's Proposition 8 case.
That didn't make a bit of sense.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254549 May 21, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Right, Sharia law is exactly like the Roman Catholic Church not allowing women in the governance; nothing more needs to be said.
That is an oversimplification, at best. That said, oversimplification seems to be the best you have to offer. When last I checked, the RCC doesn't advocate putting anyone to death for who they are.
Brian_G wrote:
This is the morality you get from the left, the murder of homosexuals and women is justified by their perception of the RCC. And you wonder why America embraces conservatism?
How dumb do you want to make yourself look, Brian?

Because right now, you are cruising past the dumber than a rock checkpoint and gaining speed.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254550 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree. And I doubt you really believe it either. Let me give you a hypothetical:
You're in a burning building. In one room, there is a 5 year old child. In another room, there is a frozen canister containing 10 embryos (for use in in-vitro fertilization). You only have time to grab one and get out of the building.
Is there ANY chance that you would choose the canister of embryos over the 5 year old? Unlikely. The embryos are living, and they are human, but they're not people. They don't feel, they don't think, they don't sense. They have no memories or relationships or connections to the world. They won't suffer in any way from the fire.
That is a tired old argument that doesn't work. Say your mother and father were in different rooms in a burning building and you could save only one, does that mean that the one you didn't save has less value as a human being?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254551 May 21, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It is silly, but you're just repeating the same silliness.
Yes, she says that the pregnant woman is ultimately the one who makes the CHOICE. Your implication that because she didn't mention considering others, that must mean she doesn't believe in considering others... IS ASININE... but you can call it "silly" if you like. This is all about you misrepresenting her position.
As far as I know, Estelle has never resorted to dishonesty or deception here on Topix. She is very forthright. YOU, on the other hand, like to falsely tell people what their positions are and imply that they are something other than what they have actually said. You've done it with Estelle, and you've done it with me... It would not surprise me if you've done it with others. Then you don't take responsibility for your own "silly runaround" and act as if it's someone elses fault.
What you don't say means as much as what you do say and she never said she would have any consultation with the father concerning an abortion.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#254552 May 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a tired old argument that doesn't work.
It works perfectly. Be honest. There's NO chance you'd save the embryos.
Ink wrote:
Say your mother and father were in different rooms in a burning building and you could save only one, does that mean that the one you didn't save has less value as a human being?
The point of the thought exercise is to show you how easy the decision would be to choose the 5 year old child over the embryos, even though there are 10 of them.
Choosing between my parents would be incredibly difficult because I value them both immensely. Choosing between 2 random people would also be very difficult.
The embryos vs child decision is trivially easy because we recognize that the child is a person with thoughts, feelings, personality, relationships, memories, senses, and the ability to suffer. The embryos have none of these things.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254553 May 21, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana9Rules....they only care for the unborn not the women. They just can't deal with that concept it should be the female's decision to terminate the pregnancy it's not up to them or us.
They have that same mentality of those people no matter what their priests did and even he was convicted for the crimes of abuse they still will not support but blame the victims of these priests.
Those comments are completely off the wall. I hope Tre is reading this and realizing that you have put your impression of the 'other side' on everybody like a blanket.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254554 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It works perfectly. Be honest. There's NO chance you'd save the embryos.
<quoted text>
The point of the thought exercise is to show you how easy the decision would be to choose the 5 year old child over the embryos, even though there are 10 of them.
Choosing between my parents would be incredibly difficult because I value them both immensely. Choosing between 2 random people would also be very difficult.
The embryos vs child decision is trivially easy because we recognize that the child is a person with thoughts, feelings, personality, relationships, memories, senses, and the ability to suffer. The embryos have none of these things.
I had a pro choice poster tell me she would save a dog over a child. And she feels entitled to that choice. Her morals say she can choose either.

Location hidden

#254555 May 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a pro choice poster tell me she would save a dog over a child. And she feels entitled to that choice. Her morals say she can choose either.
Um, that's nice. What does that have to do with the situation I posed to YOU?

Can you give me an honest answer: is there ANY chance you would choose the frozen embryos?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#254556 May 21, 2014
"Brian_G" whined
And you wonder why America embraces conservatism?

only the delusional and the ignorant.....oh yeah and the fundies....oh but I've already mentioned them
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254557 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, that's nice. What does that have to do with the situation I posed to YOU?
Can you give me an honest answer: is there ANY chance you would choose the frozen embryos?
No and I wouldn't choose the dog either

Location hidden

#254558 May 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No and I wouldn't choose the dog either
Ok, can you tell me *why* you would never choose the 10 embryos over the 5-year old child despite it being 10 lives versus 1?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254559 May 21, 2014
[QUOTE who="Serfdom"
The US constitution is a mere political document for Marxists like yourself.
[/QUOTE]

I hope this is the new republican campaign slogan! ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#254560 May 21, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are intentionally being obtuse.
You give him far more credit than I do. I assume he's not being intentionally obtuse, but actually crazy/delusional.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254561 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, can you tell me *why* you would never choose the 10 embryos over the 5-year old child despite it being 10 lives versus 1?
Because he's crying and frightened and I can't think past his immediate need.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254562 May 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't say means as much as what you do say and she never said she would have any consultation with the father concerning an abortion.
I completely disagree. If that were true, then everyone should be expected to say EVERYTHING they believe ALL THE TIME... otherwise idiots will accuse you of all kinds of things based on what YOU DIDN'T SAY. And that would be as ludicrous as your assertion is.

But I really should just let Estelle speak for herself, as she does a fine job of it, and probably knows better than me when to just ignore your nonsense.

Speaking for myself, as I said... every situation is different. There are times when the father doesn't deserve any say in the matter, and times when he does. I'm sure there are even times when a father may be encouraging or demanding an abortion... but ultimately it's the decision of the pregnant woman. It's her body, her choice.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254563 May 21, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those comments are completely off the wall. I hope Tre is reading this and realizing that you have put your impression of the 'other side' on everybody like a blanket.
That's laughable coming from someone whose comments are regularly "completely off the wall."
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#254564 May 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
If a woman was dying do to her pregnancy I would expect her to save her own life but that deosn't mean her baby's life was less valuable. He was only in an unsurvivable situation.

Because you can't save them all doesn't mean you wouldn't if you could.

How do you feel about saving the dog over the child. It is an incite to some of the pro choice women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 5 min Frankie Rizzo 729
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 8 min lides 13,071
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Respect71 37,345
The NE Jade Twosday Thread 14 min Manny 1
Gay Spotlight 14 min Swede 4
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 19 min lides 35
News Anti-gay parents compare LGBT student group at ... 50 min Imprtnrd 28
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 2 hr OK Barry 947
More from around the web