Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments (Page 10,905)

Showing posts 218,081 - 218,100 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, at least her tragic experience can help others with their mercy and compassion (of which the RCC has nil.)
I agree.

How Mother Teresa could live with her conscience niggling at her day in and day out and not scream bloody murder about the pope and other men of the hierarchy living in such luxury, while she preached poverty and suffering as holy stuff of a god is beyond me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.

The Documents

On some of the letters and notes about her interior darkness, Mother Teresa had written “matter of conscience.”
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
How Mother Teresa could live with her conscience niggling at her day in and day out and not scream bloody murder about the pope and other men of the hierarchy living in such luxury, while she preached poverty and suffering as holy stuff of a god is beyond me.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light … The Private Writings of the “Saint of Calcutta”… edited and with commentary by Brian Kolodiejchuk, M.C.
The Documents
On some of the letters and notes about her interior darkness, Mother Teresa had written “matter of conscience.”
She didn't Preach poverty. She lived in poverty.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't.
You don't care that those popes lied through their teeth at every turn. You simply excuse their lies.

The popes taught that Jehovah sent his Jewish son to earth to save only Catholics? Even if the god existed, what a blatant lie that would be. Jews don't favor Catholics.

The lies stare you right in the face, and yet you ignore them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Liar!!!

Nothing would make you happier than if I was a Catholic just like you!

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She lived in poverty because she believed poverty was HOLY and Christ-like.

Yet she travelled in comfort by jet-plain, rubbed shoulders with brutal dictators, and she never starved, as did those in her "care."

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She used the money meant for starving people to build convents so the nuns could become saints for the church.

You can put her up for sainthood if it pleases you, but I studied a lot from many angles, and I have no respect for the woman who knowingly lied to the public while she gloried in the limelight as a glowing display of holiness.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

She had HIGH hopes for herself.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

If I ever become a saint—I will be a saint of “darkness.” I will continually be absent from heaven—to light the light of those in darkness on earth.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

She gloried in the suffering of others and she believed "Jesus" also gloried in such suffering.

Despicable, ignorant creature.

"MY poor!" Imagine the arrogance of such a statement.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The physical condition of my poor left in the streets unwanted, unloved, unclaimed—are the true picture of my own spiritual life, of my love for Jesus , and yet this terrible pain has never made me desire to have it different.—What’s more, I want it to be like this for as long as He wants it.—

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

I have no qualms about judging people that put themselves up as holy servants of a god.

They are simply busy serving their own egos.

They don't deserve respect, and from me they won't receive respect.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

GOD

...a God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
- No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger

Mark Twain

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

God. A word common, in slightly varying forms, to all Teutonic languages, probably from an Aryan root, gheu—to invoke; it is in no way connected with good.

Since: Apr 08

Angus, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It was also a fairly good (but very sad) movie starring Sigourney Weaver as Bobby's mother. It could have been better, but it's a true story that I'm glad was told.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073510/
Hello Thomas "Tre H"!
It's been a long time.

That movie "Prayers for Bobby" was a good one for me.

Being so religious way back then I could relate in SOME ways to the mother in the movie.

I'm so grateful my (gay) son is alive and did not take his life years ago.

I know you Thomas and June were a great help to me many years ago when I believed I was so alone dealing with this gay/homosexual issue.

Thomas you were correct when you told me that there would be good days and bad days for my son and I nevertheless, through time things will get better.

It's all true, it's been better now for a long time.
Thank-you!

Estelle
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
God. A word common, in slightly varying forms, to all Teutonic languages, probably from an Aryan root, gheu—to invoke; it is in no way connected with good.
'Good Try'

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that many might save the child before the dog, but not because they loved the child more than the dog, but rather because they would be condemned by others for choosing the dog over the child.
Peer pressure often rules supreme.
Dogs are often more lovable than many spoiled rotten children.
It may not be a 'popular' position, but I say 'screw society'.

I prefer civilization - we don't have it.

We're not even civil when we're anonymous.

This doesn't bode well for 'society', much less 'civilization'.

Ever watch 'The Walking Dead'?

The 'walkers' are society.

The 'humans' are NOT 'civilized'.

They are merely survivors.

Comments, Ink? Sue? June? Jumper?

(We seem to be the lone 'survivors' here....)

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Thomas "Tre H"!
It's been a long time.
That movie "Prayers for Bobby" was a good one for me.
Being so religious way back then I could relate in SOME ways to the mother in the movie.
I'm so grateful my (gay) son is alive and did not take his life years ago.
I know you Thomas and June were a great help to me many years ago when I believed I was so alone dealing with this gay/homosexual issue.
Thomas you were correct when you told me that there would be good days and bad days for my son and I nevertheless, through time things will get better.
It's all true, it's been better now for a long time.
Thank-you!
Estelle
Thank you Estelle, and I believe your words through the years probably helped others who were going through the same turmoil as you.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>It may not be a 'popular' position, but I say 'screw society'.
I prefer civilization - we don't have it.
We're not even civil when we're anonymous.
This doesn't bode well for 'society', much less 'civilization'.
Ever watch 'The Walking Dead'?
The 'walkers' are society.
The 'humans' are NOT 'civilized'.
They are merely survivors.
Comments, Ink? Sue? June? Jumper?
(We seem to be the lone 'survivors' here....)
I haven't seen "The Walking Dead."

We are indeed a pathetic lot, but we are also all we've got.

Quesnel, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>'Good Try'
Stop trying to invoke me Jumper.

:)

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Correction ... For instance that "woman" might have valued the fetus as holy and as being linked to a god and have believed that abortion is murder.
And was willing to commit 'murder', in order to remain alive.

That's called the survival instinct.

Doesn't alleviate intrinsically instilled guilt, in some cases, however....

Religion is the conscription, followed by the corruption, of the soul.
-dedbebbies 2013.

JMO

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think normal people have to think through the possible criticisims. Most people would automatically do the right thing because deep down they know a child's life is more valuable.
Lets think this through:

'Possible criticisms'?

Really?

Instinct provides two choices: fight or flight. In a 'mother' situation,'fight' is the go-to mode.

Most people AUTOMATICALLY analyze the situation in nanoseconds, and decide for themselves whether or not 'saving' is even an option.
THEN, the 'average' person AUTOMATICALLY analyzes what the priorities are. Generally, we fall on the side of our OWN children, before we act.

My dog is my child. That's a fact. It may not be a fact for you that your dog is your child. And that's fine with me. I don't define your facts, any more than you define mine.

As such, I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut WHAT you'd do in MY situation.

Don't like it?
Teach your kid to swim.
My dog has that skill.

His drowning is pretty unlikely, with or without me.
He's a dog.

In fact ( since we're being realistic ) my dog would have a better chance of saving me, my children, your child, and you (pretty much in that order) than either of us would have saving anything other than obituaries.

And that's the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 218,081 - 218,100 of220,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••