Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253483 Aug 21, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not offended Thomas.
I never thought of that way but it is a good comparison to rehab.
I wouldn't be surprise some folks will try to get me back into the
the Catholic Church. But I will deal with that as it comes up. Then again people may not give a crap or care.
Why would anyone try to get you back in the Catholic Church? I don't see how your decision about religion should affect anyone else.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#253484 Aug 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now, that could be interpreted two ways :) Does it mean what age would I LIKE to be? Or does it mean what age do I actually FEEL? LOL.
but if you didn't know how old you were how could you like to be a specific age? If I didn't KNOW I was 64 I'd guess my age to be around 40. 50 on some days. Old enough to know better, young enough to say screw it it I'm doing it anyway. I'm toying with the idea of skydiving and a tatoo. Bungee jumping (which my husband suggested) is out because if the cord breaks you might not die. It's pretty well a given if the chute fails to open:-)
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#253485 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone try to get you back in the Catholic Church? I don't see how your decision about religion should affect anyone else.
because that's what christians do? Bring the "sinner" back into the fold to "save" them? You're right. Religious decisions are private. Unless, of course, you don't belong to the "right" one. Then those same decisions up for public debate such as what healthcare procedure a woman opts for, whether or not a person or the HCS can decide to forego a medical procedure or medication. You know, the "right" decisions.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#253486 Aug 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
but if you didn't know how old you were how could you like to be a specific age? If I didn't KNOW I was 64 I'd guess my age to be around 40. 50 on some days. Old enough to know better, young enough to say screw it it I'm doing it anyway. I'm toying with the idea of skydiving and a tatoo. Bungee jumping (which my husband suggested) is out because if the cord breaks you might not die. It's pretty well a given if the chute fails to open:-)
I'd say that how old I'd "guess" I was changes from day to day, lol.

And I'm afraid of heights. You'd have to push me out of a plane, even if it was crashing!

Now, tattoos, those I have. Five of them :)
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253487 Aug 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
because that's what christians do? Bring the "sinner" back into the fold to "save" them? You're right. Religious decisions are private. Unless, of course, you don't belong to the "right" one. Then those same decisions up for public debate such as what healthcare procedure a woman opts for, whether or not a person or the HCS can decide to forego a medical procedure or medication. You know, the "right" decisions.
I don't think anyone is going to drag her back to the fold. You have to 'save' yourself, if that is what you want.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#253488 Aug 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that how old I'd "guess" I was changes from day to day, lol.
And I'm afraid of heights. You'd have to push me out of a plane, even if it was crashing!
Now, tattoos, those I have. Five of them :)
I'm terrified of heights. Maybe I should wait until I feel 90 so the adrenaline will kill me? Five? Cool. Friend of mine has a peacock feather wrapped around her middle. Splendid!!
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#253489 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone is going to drag her back to the fold. You have to 'save' yourself, if that is what you want.
Yeah, they don't want "those" sorts of people in THEIR religion. Right Ink?(wink wink, nudge nudge)
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253490 Aug 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they don't want "those" sorts of people in THEIR religion. Right Ink?(wink wink, nudge nudge)
What sorts of persons do you mean? She seems like a pretty good egg to me.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253492 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. But some people are busybodies. Many Christians believe it is their duty to "spread the word" and "bring souls to the truth" and all that. Christianity has built in excuses to meddle in other people's spiritual/religious business. People on this very thread have repeatedly told me to return to the Catholic church. Also, some people, even if they know damn well they will never get you to return... they just like being self-righteous and feeling superior. I'm sure that earns them points that are redeemable in the afterlife.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253493 Aug 21, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't. But some people are busybodies. Many Christians believe it is their duty to "spread the word" and "bring souls to the truth" and all that. Christianity has built in excuses to meddle in other people's spiritual/religious business. People on this very thread have repeatedly told me to return to the Catholic church. Also, some people, even if they know damn well they will never get you to return... they just like being self-righteous and feeling superior. I'm sure that earns them points that are redeemable in the afterlife.
I doubt it. Even Christ told the disciples to turn away from doors that they were not welcomed at.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253494 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it. Even Christ told the disciples to turn away from doors that they were not welcomed at.
Yep, that's how the bible is... for just about every verse that says one thing, there is another verse that says just about the opposite. And of course it is all subject to individual interpretation. None of it written by a god of any value IMHO.

I'm glad you think religious beliefs are a personal thing and not something that anyone should try to force on everybody else... but we live in a world where many billions of people feel very strongly that everyone should live according to THEIR beliefs... they are willing to kill and die in order to shove their god down your throat.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253495 Aug 21, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's how the bible is... for just about every verse that says one thing, there is another verse that says just about the opposite. And of course it is all subject to individual interpretation. None of it written by a god of any value IMHO.
I'm glad you think religious beliefs are a personal thing and not something that anyone should try to force on everybody else... but we live in a world where many billions of people feel very strongly that everyone should live according to THEIR beliefs... they are willing to kill and die in order to shove their god down your throat.
And you can provide a verse that says the opposite of what I stated?

Christians are followers of and believers in Christ. What did He say or do that you find offensive?
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253496 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are followers of and believers in Christ. What did He say or do that you find offensive?
I think we're arguing with one of those "true Christians" (not to be confused with all those "false christians". They and only they can tell the difference:-)

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#253497 Aug 21, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Family members and friends have a way to drop hints hoping I will return to the Catholic Church. Nobody will force me back against my will "Ink".
Some Catholics see as their duty to witness to me like:
"maybe you are just going through a dark night of your soul or the devil is very active with you these days but don't give in to these demons...etc...
I will not volunteer I left the Catholic Church nevertheless people are noticing I'm not at church. If ask I will not lie and will just say I left.
I'm the first in my family generation circle to leave so the rest of all the family and friends will find out soon enough.
I will deal with as it comes. All I know I do not want to be a Roman Catholic no more. It is over.

Svaha

Largo, FL

#253498 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What sorts of persons do you mean? She seems like a pretty good egg to me.
LOL, whatever Ink. Go "argue" with someone else:-)
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253499 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
and it's interesting you should say "followers and believers in Christ" when CLEARLY many of them are not. Christ says "don't judge" and his "followers" do exactly the opposite. Christ says don't display your piety in public saying "you'll HAVE your reward" and we have Christians praising Tebow for doing his little dance on the football field and we'll not even mention how Christian politicians (usually the republican gop) USE Christ and ANY Christian religion to further their own ends. I like the quote "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." If ANYONE says Christians ALWAYS follow Christ is a liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253500 Aug 22, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm terrified of heights. Maybe I should wait until I feel 90 so the adrenaline will kill me? Five? Cool. Friend of mine has a peacock feather wrapped around her middle. Splendid!!
Your friend must have gone through mega pain. Lots of nerves there. I was going to advise you not to get one around your navel, as I KNOW those are excruciatingly more painful than say, ankle, hip or chest :) Words I didn't know I KNEW came out of MY mouth when I got my navel tat, lol!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253501 Aug 22, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, stop being deliberately obtuse. You've SEEN people on these threads do so. If you haven't "seen" those, you're even dumber than I thought.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253502 Aug 22, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, whatever Ink. Go "argue" with someone else:-)
I didn't think I was arguing with anybody.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#253503 Aug 22, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
and it's interesting you should say "followers and believers in Christ" when CLEARLY many of them are not. Christ says "don't judge" and his "followers" do exactly the opposite. Christ says don't display your piety in public saying "you'll HAVE your reward" and we have Christians praising Tebow for doing his little dance on the football field and we'll not even mention how Christian politicians (usually the republican gop) USE Christ and ANY Christian religion to further their own ends. I like the quote "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." If ANYONE says Christians ALWAYS follow Christ is a liar.
I would agree with you on many things you say, but I never said Christians always follow Christ, they don't. It would be impossible to be truly Christlike all the time. We all have big flaws.

Any Christian who has tried to learn about Him and His teachings knows how a Christian should live. They don't often choose to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min Static Charge 26,583
Why (R1) Righteous One is a POS (Dec '12) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 67
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 14 min Poof1 4,933
Gay veterans get OK for Boston's St. Patrick's ... 18 min Lawrence Wolf 26
It's Wednesday - Let's Discuss NE Jade 26 min Marcus 3
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min Frankie Rizzo 5,245
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 41 min Brian_G 4,273
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 3 hr NorCal Native 2,781