Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Beeton, Canada

#253463 Aug 14, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It reminds me a lot of what's been going on with the republican party since the elections last fall. They lost badly in certain demographics such as women, minorities, GLBT, and the younger crowd. They knew they blew it and they knew that changes are needed in order to win back some votes from these groups. So far they have given a halfhearted attempt to SEEM like they want to represent these people, but mostly they have made things worse for themselves.
For example, they are still doing all they can to limit womens health care severely. They continue to propose more restrictions on abortion and contraception and legislation that shuts down more and more clinics, removing access to needed care for millions of women. That's just one example.
They can try and TELL us that the "war on women" doesn't really exist, or that they are welcoming to minorities, it is just something the liberals have fabricated. But the policies they continue to pursue tell the real story.
Just as the republican party can PRETEND they are all sweet and cuddly with women and minorities, the Catholic Church can try to SEEM nicer to gay people, but the bottom line is, the church still teaches that actively gay people will burn in hell for eternity... so being kind to them while on earth is almost irrelevant when you're talking eternity.
I'm not ready to judge whether this pope is sincere in any of the things he says. It's pretty tough to be a high ranking Catholic and act like you have any care or respect for gay people at all. He doesn't seem anywhere near as homophobic as Benedict, but no pope has the power to make any drastic changes. Many in the church are realizing that a lot of people are getting really turned off by their intolerance, so they need a makeover. The makeover only makes them look a little nicer on the surface.
You can put lipstick on a pig, or you can put a pretty wrapper and bow on a box of hate, it doesn't change much.
Yes, the Pope is coming across nice and down to earth but that doesn't mean anything has changed in a big way in the teachings.

What he is doing I notice this Pope is bringing the word charity to the front. He wants the YOUTH to help spread love of Catholicism. To be nice and pray for each other. By doing this it may bring more people into the Catholic Church.
There is no problem with that but if there no major changing like for birth control, helping clergy abuse victims, female issues, etc.... people will not comeback or they will just ignore the Pope and do what they want to do.

Beeton, Canada

#253464 Aug 14, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
For some people, separating from the church can be a slow and sometimes painful process. But once you have enough distance, you can allow yourself to see things from a different perspective... from outside the Catholic box, so to speak. This can be quite liberating and illuminating. You can learn things about yourself and others that you never really knew because you were locked into a certain narrow way of thinking. I suppose it can also gain you the scorn and contempt of some people who are still stuck, but you realize you don't have to let those people define you.
At first my hubby said our sons would expect their mother to have a Catholic funeral.
I believe my hubby thought I would go back after a few months. At any moment I would be running to the nearest confessional. That hasn't happened and it's almost a year since I left.

My youngest son, many times would ask why I was still going to church and so on while my other son knew I needed space and let me make my own decision. He would respect me no matter what I decided.

Thomas if I forced myself to leave the Catholic Church earlier I wouldn't had been on solid ground but I would be very weak and nervous. I had to make sure and the time did eventually happened.

I was at the doctor's earlier this month and my blood pressure was perfect.

What I did is not for everyone but it is the right decision for me.

I will deal with the scorn of people one at a time or as it arises.
I know I am not afraid to answer them. I don't volunteer I did leave the Church but when someone ask something like...What Mass or Church did I go to, then it is an opening for me to give a little info. So far the sky hasn't fallen.
If it gets bad I will just not have anything to do with toxic people.

Beeton, Canada

#253465 Aug 14, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly know what THAT feels like.
;)
That is another point I should say. I have two adult sons watching and at times worried about me.
My gay son would had easily picked up if I was just pretending.

I recall him saying to me "Mom, if you want a Catholic funeral I would respect your decision and make sure your wishes were carried out. It all up to you."

Beeton, Canada

#253466 Aug 14, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy birthday, Estelle. Hope you have a good time.
Thank-you Thomas.

I had a wonderful birthday.

I was 60 yrs. old on the 13 and my husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this past Sunday the 11th.

What a great day we had together.

My oldest son is trying to arrange a trip for us to Boston. My hubby is a Boston Red Sox fan.

By the way, my husband is a Boston Bruin hockey fan.

I love the Chicago Blackhawks so I gather you heard who won the Stanley cup this year?

Chicago Blackhawks won 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years, I'm a happy girl!!
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253467 Aug 15, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It reminds me a lot of what's been going on with the republican party since the elections last fall. They lost badly in certain demographics such as women, minorities, GLBT, and the younger crowd. They knew they blew it and they knew that changes are needed in order to win back some votes from these groups. So far they have given a halfhearted attempt to SEEM like they want to represent these people, but mostly they have made things worse for themselves.
For example, they are still doing all they can to limit womens health care severely. They continue to propose more restrictions on abortion and contraception and legislation that shuts down more and more clinics, removing access to needed care for millions of women. That's just one example.
They can try and TELL us that the "war on women" doesn't really exist, or that they are welcoming to minorities, it is just something the liberals have fabricated. But the policies they continue to pursue tell the real story.
Just as the republican party can PRETEND they are all sweet and cuddly with women and minorities, the Catholic Church can try to SEEM nicer to gay people, but the bottom line is, the church still teaches that actively gay people will burn in hell for eternity... so being kind to them while on earth is almost irrelevant when you're talking eternity.
I'm not ready to judge whether this pope is sincere in any of the things he says. It's pretty tough to be a high ranking Catholic and act like you have any care or respect for gay people at all. He doesn't seem anywhere near as homophobic as Benedict, but no pope has the power to make any drastic changes. Many in the church are realizing that a lot of people are getting really turned off by their intolerance, so they need a makeover. The makeover only makes them look a little nicer on the surface.
You can put lipstick on a pig, or you can put a pretty wrapper and bow on a box of hate, it doesn't change much.
well said!! Having a discussion with my cousin where he feels that people shouldn't get third generation welfare. While I agree with his position in theory I don't think a child should go without the essentials of life because the parents aren't all society thinks they should be (that'll TEACH 'em;-) Besides, in my opinion, the mark of a civilized society is it's willingness to care for those least able to care for themselves (I think Jesus said that but I may be wrong). In the meantime, corporate "welfare" runs rampant and while a kid may go hungry a CEO may have to go without the gold inlay in the master bath of his 10 bedroom mansion and these same people don't blink an eye. Something seriously wrong with us
Svaha

Largo, FL

#253468 Aug 15, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
At first my hubby said our sons would expect their mother to have a Catholic funeral.
I believe my hubby thought I would go back after a few months. At any moment I would be running to the nearest confessional. That hasn't happened and it's almost a year since I left.
My youngest son, many times would ask why I was still going to church and so on while my other son knew I needed space and let me make my own decision. He would respect me no matter what I decided.
Thomas if I forced myself to leave the Catholic Church earlier I wouldn't had been on solid ground but I would be very weak and nervous. I had to make sure and the time did eventually happened.
I know I am not afraid to answer them. I don't volunteer I did leave the Church but when someone ask something like...What Mass or Church did I go to, then it is an opening for me to give a little info. So far the sky hasn't fallen.
I often wonder what religion god is?:-) Happy birthday and many many more. I recently celebrated by 64th. Always surprises me I made it that far:-)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#253469 Aug 15, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank-you for those Happy Birthday wishes!
It's good to joke with each other.
Sometimes I do or I will say something silly.
My hubby will say to me: "I don't know how you got me?
We had a couple visiting us from Florida once and I said something
a bit silly and my husband said that quote of his to me in front of the couple. The poor man from Florida thought he was going to witness a fight. lol..lol..
The look on is face was priceless.
You're welcome Estelle.

It seems that our husbands have somewhat the same type of humor.

:)

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#253470 Aug 16, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
"if I forced myself to leave the Catholic Church earlier I wouldn't had been on solid ground but I would be very weak and nervous. I had to make sure and the time did eventually happened."

I hope you know that I mean no offense by this, but that statement reminds me a lot of people with drug or alcohol addictions. Many may be forced into rehab several times, but it's not going to work until the person is ready to do it for themselves.

Avoiding toxic people is always a good idea.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253471 Aug 16, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank-you Thomas.
I had a wonderful birthday.
I was 60 yrs. old on the 13 and my husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary this past Sunday the 11th.
What a great day we had together.
My oldest son is trying to arrange a trip for us to Boston. My hubby is a Boston Red Sox fan.
By the way, my husband is a Boston Bruin hockey fan.
I love the Chicago Blackhawks so I gather you heard who won the Stanley cup this year?
Chicago Blackhawks won 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years, I'm a happy girl!!
Those are a couple of major milestones to celebrate and be proud and thankful for. Congrats!. I will be turning 50 this year, WHOOPEE!(not). Well, my grandson is turning 7 in a couple months. Sorry, I don't follow baseball or hockey.

Beeton, Canada

#253472 Aug 17, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
"if I forced myself to leave the Catholic Church earlier I wouldn't had been on solid ground but I would be very weak and nervous. I had to make sure and the time did eventually happened."
I hope you know that I mean no offense by this, but that statement reminds me a lot of people with drug or alcohol addictions. Many may be forced into rehab several times, but it's not going to work until the person is ready to do it for themselves.
I'm not offended Thomas.
I never thought of that way but it is a good comparison to rehab.

I wouldn't be surprise some folks will try to get me back into the
the Catholic Church. But I will deal with that as it comes up. Then again people may not give a crap or care.

Beeton, Canada

#253473 Aug 17, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are a couple of major milestones to celebrate and be proud and thankful for. Congrats!. I will be turning 50 this year, WHOOPEE!(not). Well, my grandson is turning 7 in a couple months. Sorry, I don't follow baseball or hockey.
Thanks for those congratulations!

So you will be 50. That's young! I remember a few days before I turned 50 I went on my first airplane ride. It was in a small airplane. It only had 4 seats.

My husband is a Dallas Cowboy fan.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#253474 Aug 18, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 50% of parents-to-be want to know the gender of their unborn child.
Prices**:
Pregnancy Test Kit
$24.99
*2 FDA approved, mid-stream pregnancy tests manufactured in an ISO Certified & GMP Compliant facility for added assurance.
*Greater than 99% accuracy from the pregnancy tests as early as the first day after a missed period.
*Fast and simple process, the Pregnancy Test Result are available within 3 minutes.

Beeton, Canada

#253475 Aug 18, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a grandson that is currently 6 yrs old. He must be a joy.
My grandson turned 6 yrs old earlier on in the year. He ask his dad if he could have his own cell phone of course his dad said no. Then my grandson ask if he could have his own tablet like his other grandma has.
Kids are not intimidated by technology like many of us.
It's a good thing my grand kids' parents do restrict the time for computer games. They play baseball and do a lot of other activities. If left to the kids they would be at video games all the time.
I have a grand daughter who just turned 4 yrs. old last month. Just hearing her over the phone saying,'I love you Grandma' is such a joy and so priceless!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#253476 Aug 18, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson turned 6 yrs old earlier on in the year. He ask his dad if he could have his own cell phone of course his dad said no. Then my grandson ask if he could have his own tablet like his other grandma has.
It's a good thing my grand kids' parents do restrict the time for computer games. They play baseball and do a lot of other activities. If left to the kids they would be at video games all the time.
I have a grand daughter who just turned 4 yrs. old last month. Just hearing her over the phone saying,'I love you Grandma' is such a joy and so priceless!!
Like the book says, if I'd known grandkids were so much fun, I'd have had them first :)

Our second oldest has two. The youngest just turned two, and she wasn't speaking a whole lot. They couldn't understand why, since their oldest was talking a lot at the same age. I told them to chill, that all kids are different, even those with the same parents, and that soon she'd be coming out with whole sentences. Weekend before last they were here, and she was talking up a storm. Yep, whole sentences. She even ran back, after I'd hugged my DIL, who told me she loved me, and the little one grabbed me around the leg and said "Love you, Mim". You're right, that IS priceless :)

And Tre, I'm also about to see the big 50. It should be a hoot, since I badgered the kids into NOT doing the whole black balloon thing, or gravestone cake for my husband, I'm liable to get the full treatment from them, lol.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253477 Aug 19, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for those congratulations!
So you will be 50. That's young! I remember a few days before I turned 50 I went on my first airplane ride. It was in a small airplane. It only had 4 seats.
My husband is a Dallas Cowboy fan.
In my case 50 does not feel very young. I'm young at heart in many ways, but my body tells me I'm a decrepit old curmudgeon.

I have yet to fly in a plane, kind of doubt that will ever happen.

I'm sorry to hear that about your husband.(joke ;))

“=”

Appleton WI

#253478 Aug 19, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, I don't get to see him very often, but when I have seen him he really is a joy. Such a happy kid with loads of personality.

“=”

Appleton WI

#253479 Aug 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the book says, if I'd known grandkids were so much fun, I'd have had them first :)
Our second oldest has two. The youngest just turned two, and she wasn't speaking a whole lot. They couldn't understand why, since their oldest was talking a lot at the same age. I told them to chill, that all kids are different, even those with the same parents, and that soon she'd be coming out with whole sentences. Weekend before last they were here, and she was talking up a storm. Yep, whole sentences. She even ran back, after I'd hugged my DIL, who told me she loved me, and the little one grabbed me around the leg and said "Love you, Mim". You're right, that IS priceless :)
And Tre, I'm also about to see the big 50. It should be a hoot, since I badgered the kids into NOT doing the whole black balloon thing, or gravestone cake for my husband, I'm liable to get the full treatment from them, lol.
I got the black balloons when I was 40. Man... things really HAVE gone down hill since then! I hope the full treatment is enjoyable for you, you seem to have a better attitude than I do about turning 50.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253480 Aug 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I got the black balloons when I was 40. Man... things really HAVE gone down hill since then! I hope the full treatment is enjoyable for you, you seem to have a better attitude than I do about turning 50.
Well, 30 was the birthday I hated with a passion. This birthday is half and half, actually.

Now 30, oh, I walked around all day saying to myself "nope, nope, nope, I'm still 19, right?". LOL, when I complained to my mother (65 at the time), she said "Oh, I'd LOVE to be 30 again!". I said 'Yeah, well, not if you'd just spent the last year being 29". She conceded I had a point :)
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#253481 Aug 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, 30 was the birthday I hated with a passion. This birthday is half and half, actually.
Now 30, oh, I walked around all day saying to myself "nope, nope, nope, I'm still 19, right?". LOL, when I complained to my mother (65 at the time), she said "Oh, I'd LOVE to be 30 again!". I said 'Yeah, well, not if you'd just spent the last year being 29". She conceded I had a point :)
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? That was the question posed to me on my 64th:-)(I'm holding at 40)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#253482 Aug 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were? That was the question posed to me on my 64th:-)(I'm holding at 40)
Well, now, that could be interpreted two ways :) Does it mean what age would I LIKE to be? Or does it mean what age do I actually FEEL? LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 3 min KiMare 25,271
Houston Tells Pastors to Turn Over Sermons or F... 4 min Janitor 219
Houston Subpoenas Pastors' Sermons in Gay Right... 5 min Duh Ralph 70
Christian Pastors Given Choice: Perform Same-Se... 5 min NE Jade 18
Gay kiss couple 'thrown off bus' 6 min Jumper The wise 16
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 6 min Belle Sexton 1,932
What Kind Of Adult Diapers Do Gay Men Wear? 8 min Jumper The wise 3
Catholic bishops drop moves to accept gays 12 min Belle Sexton 34
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 46 min Belle Sexton 576
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,994