Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219901 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254341 Jan 22, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of people say there is no God because if there was one He would make things perfect for all us humans. Since things aren't perfect there must not be a God.
People of faith would say that all God wants is for us to know Him and love Him and if we do everything else falls into place and we will survive and get stronger with each struggle. I think God has set things in place but each person with his free will will decide their own course. Of course none of us lives in a bubble and what we do affects others, sometimes for the good and sometimes horrifically.
I also believe, which you will laugh at, that through prayer sometimes the hand of God reaches down and can effect changes for the good. I also believe that Christ did initiate a new way of thinking and feeling and a new Church but I don't believe it has been true to Christ's teachings.
In the past you have said that my posts are all over the place and hard to follow. I hope I am clear here.
You do have neat and tidy explanations for most things, it seems. For myself, there are FAR more reasons to not believe in this Christian god than just "things aren't perfect." That isn't even close to accurately describing why I don't believe. It's a gross oversimplification.

Of course, you were careful not to be specific about ME, but said "lot's of people." Really? Have you really heard "lot's of people" say this, or is it just what you are assuming about "lot's of people?" Because I've never heard anyone say this.

Look... I don't really think people who believe in god or prayer are necessarily stupid. I sometimes mock things in order to show how absurd I think some beliefs are once you really think about them. I was raised to believe, and sort of did for a while just because I trusted that my parents were probably right about most things. I wasn't stupid for believing, just human.

If you believe in prayer, that's cool with me. Your belief should not be shaken, weakened or challenged by my non-belief. A prayer begins with a 50/50 chance of being answered. From there the odds go either up or down, depending on what you're asking for. If things go the way you hoped, that doesn't mean that any god "blessed" you with these positive results... that's just the way things turned out, And if things don't go your way, it doesn't mean any god decided anything at all.That's my belief.

For me, it seems about equal to believing in rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will grant your wishes... or any other ancient fairytale or superstition. For me, there is nothing that makes Christian beliefs any more valid or believable than any other beliefs. For me, if I'm going to center my life around fantastic fictional characters and stories, I'd like to choose them for myself rather than have other people dictate to me what I should believe and how I should live my life.

I know I've said things like "for me" a lot here... it's because I'm speaking for myself and not "lots of people."
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254342 Jan 22, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have neat and tidy explanations for most things, it seems. For myself, there are FAR more reasons to not believe in this Christian god than just "things aren't perfect." That isn't even close to accurately describing why I don't believe. It's a gross oversimplification.
Of course, you were careful not to be specific about ME, but said "lot's of people." Really? Have you really heard "lot's of people" say this, or is it just what you are assuming about "lot's of people?" Because I've never heard anyone say this.
Look... I don't really think people who believe in god or prayer are necessarily stupid. I sometimes mock things in order to show how absurd I think some beliefs are once you really think about them. I was raised to believe, and sort of did for a while just because I trusted that my parents were probably right about most things. I wasn't stupid for believing, just human.
If you believe in prayer, that's cool with me. Your belief should not be shaken, weakened or challenged by my non-belief. A prayer begins with a 50/50 chance of being answered. From there the odds go either up or down, depending on what you're asking for. If things go the way you hoped, that doesn't mean that any god "blessed" you with these positive results... that's just the way things turned out, And if things don't go your way, it doesn't mean any god decided anything at all.That's my belief.
For me, it seems about equal to believing in rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will grant your wishes... or any other ancient fairytale or superstition. For me, there is nothing that makes Christian beliefs any more valid or believable than any other beliefs. For me, if I'm going to center my life around fantastic fictional characters and stories, I'd like to choose them for myself rather than have other people dictate to me what I should believe and how I should live my life.
I know I've said things like "for me" a lot here... it's because I'm speaking for myself and not "lots of people."
That is pretty much a standard reason for many of the people I see posting. If there really was a God, everything would be perfect and He would make Himself known to everyone. I am surprised that you have never seen that expressed by non believers.

I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray.

The people who do pray that way are probably very disappointed most of the time. Prayer is to become closer to God and understand your own purpose, not to ask for favors. Your understanding of God and Christian beliefs wouldn't interest me either.
Sammy

Canada

#254343 Jan 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty much a standard reason for many of the people I see posting. If there really was a God, everything would be perfect and He would make Himself known to everyone. I am surprised that you have never seen that expressed by non believers.
I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray.
The people who do pray that way are probably very disappointed most of the time. Prayer is to become closer to God and understand your own purpose, not to ask for favors. Your understanding of God and Christian beliefs wouldn't interest me either.
Your posting are odd and off. You talk to dead people. Keep going that soon you will be seeing these dead people. You need help staying in the now in the present time instead spending so much time in some kind of fairyland oasis.
Dude there is no shame in getting some mental help.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254344 Jan 24, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The part about making himself known I have seen and expressed that myself. If "he" WANTS us to know that "he" exists, then he SHOULD make himself known, and not hold anything against those who assume "he" doesn't exist. The part about "everything would be perfect," I have never heard.
Ink wrote:
You're making assumptions and not comprehending what you're reading again. I didn't say prayer was having wishes granted, I was making a comparison. I don't need to be educated about prayer from you, I was baptized and confirmed a Catholic, remember.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254345 Jan 24, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
The part about making himself known I have seen and expressed that myself. If "he" WANTS us to know that "he" exists, then he SHOULD make himself known, and not hold anything against those who assume "he" doesn't exist. The part about "everything would be perfect," I have never heard.
<quoted text>

You're making assumptions and not comprehending what you're reading again. I didn't say prayer was having wishes granted, I was making a comparison. I don't need to be educated about prayer from you, I was baptized and confirmed a Catholic, remember.
I wasn't assuming anything. I read what you wrote.

"For me, it seems about equal to believing in rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will grant your wishes... or any other ancient fairytale or superstition"

BTW anything worth finding is worth looking for. I never really learned to talk to God through my Catholic religious education. I said prayers but I never thought about my prayers being heard. I never learned about turning my life over to Him and trustingHim thoroughly. A few years ago I stumbled across a prayer that commits everything you have to Him and I thought I could never say or do that. No sense being disingenuious to God so I didn't for a long time.

Then one day I was at my wits end and I told Him, okay I have done all I can and it isn't working so I will let my ego get out of the way and You take over. Life still isn't a piece of cake but the right answers seem to come to me when I need them and I have a much more positive attitude and a peacefulness.

I know it isn't for everybody but I am grateful for the help.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254346 Jan 27, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said nothing of the sort and I certainly didn't say anything personal. Don't put yourself in the middle of something that didn't refrence or involve you.
Oh MY. Don't look behind the curtain everyone because then you'll know the great and powerful wizard is just a fraud:-)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254347 Jan 27, 2014
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh MY. Don't look behind the curtain everyone because then you'll know the great and powerful wizard is just a fraud:-)
You won't ever look behind the curtain because you don't really want to know.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254348 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't ever look behind the curtain because you don't really want to know.
Didn't get the point. Again. Do educate us more on what "god" wants and what "god" says
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254349 Jan 29, 2014
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't get the point. Again. Do educate us more on what "god" wants and what "god" says
Be happy to. What do you want to know?

“=”

Appleton WI

#254350 Jan 29, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't assuming anything. I read what you wrote.
"For me, it seems about equal to believing in rubbing a magic lamp and a genie will grant your wishes... or any other ancient fairytale or superstition"
Yes, and what I wrote was about a COMPARISON between prayer and other ancient superstitious practices. I did not say that prayer was about having wishes granted. So, when you say "I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray," you are definitely making assumptions and not correctly comprehending what you're reading.
Ink wrote:
BTW anything worth finding is worth looking for. I never really learned to talk to God through my Catholic religious education. I said prayers but I never thought about my prayers being heard. I never learned about turning my life over to Him and trustingHim thoroughly. A few years ago I stumbled across a prayer that commits everything you have to Him and I thought I could never say or do that. No sense being disingenuious to God so I didn't for a long time.
Then one day I was at my wits end and I told Him, okay I have done all I can and it isn't working so I will let my ego get out of the way and You take over. Life still isn't a piece of cake but the right answers seem to come to me when I need them and I have a much more positive attitude and a peacefulness.
I know it isn't for everybody but I am grateful for the help.
That's all nice and wonderful for you that you believe your god is helping you find the right answers, but again, it seems to start yet another tangent on the discussion while avoiding addressing what we were actually discussing.

I'll have to look back now and see if I can figure out WTF we actually began discussing, because each time it gets derailed by something different. I'm not against talking about new and different subjects, it's just that we never seem to STAY on one topic long enough to say much of anything. Either your thought process is just that scattered, or you do it deliberately to distract and avoid... I don't know.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254351 Jan 29, 2014
Pope Francis said something about not judging gay priests and other gay folks. This info I came across clarifies it somewhat even though the Pope is still sticking to the Roman Catholic teachings.

Only one-third of Catholics reside in Europe or North America; the remaining two-thirds live in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America. Unfortunately, many Catholics who live in these places continue to have regressive views about LGBT people. So when the Pope says,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?”— THAT"S a BIG DEAL!

Consider the example of India, where the Supreme Court re-criminalized homosexual sex. It was Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Mumbai, who said "the Catholic Church has never been opposed to the decriminalization of homosexuality, because we have never considered gay people criminals." That might seem self-evident to us, but to millions of people, it's not. And to gay people living outside of the United States and Europe, those words are the differences between a Church that condones their persecution and one that seeks to end it.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#254352 Jan 29, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and what I wrote was about a COMPARISON between prayer and other ancient superstitious practices. I did not say that prayer was about having wishes granted. So, when you say "I see that you don't have a clue about prayer. It is far from having your wishes granted. That isn't why you pray," you are definitely making assumptions and not correctly comprehending what you're reading.
<quoted text>
That's all nice and wonderful for you that you believe your god is helping you find the right answers, but again, it seems to start yet another tangent on the discussion while avoiding addressing what we were actually discussing.
I'll have to look back now and see if I can figure out WTF we actually began discussing, because each time it gets derailed by something different. I'm not against talking about new and different subjects, it's just that we never seem to STAY on one topic long enough to say much of anything. Either your thought process is just that scattered, or you do it deliberately to distract and avoid... I don't know.
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on....

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!
Southern Reaper

New Port Richey, FL

#254354 Feb 2, 2014
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The Devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well
The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool, fool!
Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on....
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell, oh well
And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's Heaven and Hell, oh no!
Fool, fool!
You've got to bleed for the dancer!
Fool, fool!
Look for the answer!
Fool, fool, fool!
Still an off-topic lunatic, I see.

“Women are people, not objects.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#254355 Feb 2, 2014
Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Still an off-topic lunatic, I see.
This comes as a surprise?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254356 Feb 3, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
By all means look it up and we will try again.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#254357 Feb 4, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Be happy to. What do you want to know?
because you have all the answers. Good to know
Ink

Havertown, PA

#254358 Feb 5, 2014
Estelle wrote:
Pope Francis said something about not judging gay priests and other gay folks. This info I came across clarifies it somewhat even though the Pope is still sticking to the Roman Catholic teachings.
Only one-third of Catholics reside in Europe or North America; the remaining two-thirds live in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America. Unfortunately, many Catholics who live in these places continue to have regressive views about LGBT people. So when the Pope says,“If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?”— THAT"S a BIG DEAL!
Consider the example of India, where the Supreme Court re-criminalized homosexual sex. It was Catholic Cardinal Oswald Gracias, archbishop of Mumbai, who said "the Catholic Church has never been opposed to the decriminalization of homosexuality, because we have never considered gay people criminals." That might seem self-evident to us, but to millions of people, it's not. And to gay people living outside of the United States and Europe, those words are the differences between a Church that condones their persecution and one that seeks to end it.
That is so very true. It does make a big difference in the areas that you mentioned.
Countryboy

United States

#254359 Feb 9, 2014
we are tellin it like it is, help us spread the word, www.anglodefenseleague.com and click on the forum button

“=”

Appleton WI

#254360 Feb 10, 2014
Countryboy wrote:
we are tellin it like it is, help us spread the word, www.anglodefenseleague.com and click on the forum button
SPAM.

This is not a place to recruit people to "spread the word" of insane garbage.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#254361 Feb 11, 2014
Countryboy wrote:
Looked under you bed lately---maybe in the back of the closet--THEY are everywhere!!!

Dude--You need to take a couple chill pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 6 min Time again 2,461
Wonder what Jade is planning for'hump day'? 47 min Frankie Rizzo 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 47 min GayleWood 34,553
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 59 min Cat74 380
News MomentumGAY Marriage Body Count 1 hr Latter Day Taints 6
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 3 hr Foghorn Leghorn 16
News Should same-sex marriage become legal? (Sep '11) 6 hr Belles Echoes 15,317
More from around the web