Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

Oct 30, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fables of the reconstruction

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Comments
217,301 - 217,320 of 219,864 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 22
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

OldJG wrote:
"Catholic Church Waging War On Women and Gays"
What a crazy name for a topic. Placing women and gays in the same sentence as tho they belong together.
Women are a group of people whose civil rights are to be protected under the Constitution.
Sodomites and lesbians are a group of perverts seeking what they call "civil rights" in support of their corrupt behavior as they hide behind the skirts of women to accomplish it.
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's have a warm welcome for our newest (((ignorant hateful bigot.)))
My my aren't you the one. Ignorant....hateful....bigot. Wow!!

Strong words from a polite little sodomite who always pushes his boy friends stool in. I bet your mama and papa are soooooo proud of you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anything good come out of Appleton?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
What a crazy name for a topic. Placing women and gays in the same sentence as tho they belong together.
Women are a group of people whose civil rights are to be protected under the Constitution.
Sodomites and lesbians are a group of perverts seeking what they call "civil rights" in support of their corrupt behavior as they hide behind the skirts of women to accomplish it.
<quoted text>
My my aren't you the one. Ignorant....hateful....bigot. Wow!!
Strong words from a polite little sodomite who always pushes his boy friends stool in. I bet your mama and papa are soooooo proud of you.
http://www.badgeplanet.co.uk/badges_large/foa...
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll betcha this one "knows god" . "I'm not gay, look how MASCULINE I am pointing at them thar SODOMITES" If they only knew just how ridiculous they sound :-)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

I say now that the she beast is gone we build a better world starting right here!
Concerned Expat

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:

Agreed! Gay marriage has as much credibility as gay conception.

Actually it also has as much credibility as immaculate conception.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
you claim that you are secure in your beliefs. I believe that you are. I wouldn't force you to follw my beliefs and be untrue to yourself. Why is it some religions demand that from people who tell them thanks but no thanks. I have my own path that I try to be true to? Don't try and tell me that doesn't happen. It does and it's the followers of the Abrahamic religions that do this to those who don't adhere to their beliefs.
I believe they do that because Jesus told His disciples to "spread the GOOD NEWS". What I think some forget is that He also said to not bother people who don't want to listen.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the question becomes, what would motivate a person who doesn't believe in this god to "seek eternal life" with him? Do you see the conundrum here?
A child who no longer believes in the tooth fairy may still put a tooth under the pillow because he/she has "faith" that his/her parents will leave some money there. What does the child learn from this?
<quoted text>
That is your belief. Not fact. Please understand that not everyone shares this belief. Those of us who don't believe it do not hate god, or reject god or rebel against god. One cannot hate or reject or rebel against an abstract concept which we don't believe to exist in reality. We are not evil or bad or without morals because we don't happen to believe it.
<quoted text>
And that doesn't sound very loving or merciful to me. It sounds very egocentric and needy; qualities easily ascribed to humans, but not to perfect creators, deities, or gods.
<quoted text>
A quaint little slogan, but it doesn't ring true. It suggests that those of us who have not "found" god have not looked for god. That would be false for many of us. In addition, I'm guessing that a LOT of people who believe they HAVE found god, have never actually "looked." They simply go with what they've been taught to believe.
I say, if god wants to be found, he will make himself known instead of playing silly games with allegedly "eternal" consequences.
There is a lot here and I will try to give you my understanding on it.

Motivation comes in many ways. Some times through a situation that you have no control over and have nowhere else to go. Sometimes through a unexplainable circumstance that makes you really think there is someone or something all powerful. Sometimes because there is a feeling of something missing in your live and a need to know more. And some people never experience any of these things.

I certainly don't feel that non believers are bad or evil or immoral although I would ask you, where you acquired your morals.

I also believe that you only have to ask God for His love and mercy to have it.

It isn't a quaint little slogan it is in the Bible that God said If you seek me with your whole heart, mind and soul, you will find me.
That is actually very hard to do because it involves turning your life over to Him to use as He pleases and accepting His will as yours.

You can only be 'taught' to know that there is a God who loves you. You have to find Him yourself if you want to.

I think a lot of people say they believe in God but don't really have any communication. Just because they believe doesn't mean they let Him into their lives. I am not preaching, only answering your questions.
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Gay marriage has as much credibility as gay conception.
Actually it also has as much credibility as immaculate conception.
Oh that old tired and stupid argument? So a man and a woman marrying after child bearing age has no credibility either?:-)
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they do that because Jesus told His disciples to "spread the GOOD NEWS". What I think some forget is that He also said to not bother people who don't want to listen.
Most "christians" don't listen Ink. They think the "judge not lest ye be judged" doesn't apply to them. Just those other people, those sinners. Rather hypocritical to call yourself a christian when you don't even listen to the words of christ. Just a thought:-)

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll betcha this one "knows god" . "I'm not gay, look how MASCULINE I am pointing at them thar SODOMITES" If they only knew just how ridiculous they sound :-)
Yep. Another one of those "gay sex is so disgusting I just can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, and making really lame jokes about it." And of course, HE'S not the pervert.

“=”

Appleton WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot here and I will try to give you my understanding on it.
Motivation comes in many ways. Some times through a situation that you have no control over and have nowhere else to go. Sometimes through a unexplainable circumstance that makes you really think there is someone or something all powerful. Sometimes because there is a feeling of something missing in your live and a need to know more. And some people never experience any of these things.
Obviously you are a believer in the biblical/Christian god, and I am not. I appreciate that you seem to be civil and not either trying to save my soul or condemn it to hell.

If ever there was a time in my life when I could use an all powerful invisible friend, it would be right now. But I'm on my own. I can't force myself to believe something that makes no sense to me. I can't force myself to seek something I don't believe exists.

But perhaps the important part is that IF.... IF this god DID exist, why would he have to play hide and seek? Why would he not just reveal himself, and why should those who doubt be punished? I'm not expecting you to answer these questions, they are rhetorical. You could only answer from your own personal belief, not any actual knowledge of how a god operates.
Ink wrote:
I certainly don't feel that non believers are bad or evil or immoral although I would ask you, where you acquired your morals.
Well, I don't believe morals are something you can just go pick up at the morals depot, nor are they something that a god hands out when we're born. If morals came from a god, would we not all have the same ones? I believe it's a combination of instinctively knowing when we do something that's harmful to others and what we've been taught and what we've experienced.
Ink wrote:
I also believe that you only have to ask God for His love and mercy to have it.
It isn't a quaint little slogan it is in the Bible that God said If you seek me with your whole heart, mind and soul, you will find me.
That's fine if you think it has profound meaning, but I'm being polite when I say it's a quaint little slogan to ME, and I'm entitled to that opinion. The fact that something is in the bible does not give it any more validity or importance for me. Again, there is no reason or rationale to seek or ask favors of a being that I have no reason to believe exists.

It's as if you're saying, "you're not looking hard enough," but missing the point that one no longer looks AT ALL when one doesn't believe the thing we were looking for exists. It is no different than saying, "the only reason you've never encountered a flying pink unicorn is because you haven't looked hard enough." In other words, IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT FOR HAVING DOUBT. "If you seek it with your whole heart, mind and soul, you will find it."
Ink wrote:
That is actually very hard to do because it involves turning your life over to Him to use as He pleases and accepting His will as yours.
Ahh, the fine print. It starts to get scary when people talk like this. Turning your life over to and accepting the will of this being that only exists in one's imagination. What is the point of "free will" if god puts so many conditions on his "love and mercy?" Talk about morals... most people hold themselves and their own families to higher standards than they hold their gods.
Ink wrote:
You can only be 'taught' to know that there is a God who loves you. You have to find Him yourself if you want to.
You can only be 'taught' to know that there is a flying pink unicorn who loves you. You have to find Him yourself if you want to.
Svaha

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Another one of those "gay sex is so disgusting I just can't stop thinking about it, talking about it, and making really lame jokes about it." And of course, HE'S not the pervert.
Even gay people don't obsess about gay sex like these folks. Perverted indeed:-)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Gosh! The thing about these topix threads is you never know for sure who kicked he bucket.
I feed the old crows every day at the park.
I never see June.I hope where ever she is...out there,up there,'down' there? She's making new freinds.
I'm getting all misty eyed.Got'a go.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Even gay people don't obsess about gay sex like these folks. Perverted indeed:-)
Svaha, I agree!!!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Yea! Like we opened a new city park out here where I feed the crows and the gay people moved in and started doing the nasty all over the place in the bathrooms and parked cars by the playground and such.But they clean up after themselvs and are very polite.

We love our gays in this area.
Concerned Expat

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that old tired and stupid argument? So a man and a woman marrying after child bearing age has no credibility either?:-)

You are obviously unable to tell the difference between the subject and the object of a sentence. Therefore your post is rather sad.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Most "christians" don't listen Ink. They think the "judge not lest ye be judged" doesn't apply to them. Just those other people, those sinners. Rather hypocritical to call yourself a christian when you don't even listen to the words of christ. Just a thought:-)
Jesus was not an anarchist. He believed in laws regulating people's behavior. As I am sure you do as well. If you think rape or stealing should be illegal then you believe in limiting people's desicions to rape and steal. I am sure you also believe that those people should be prosecuted and judged. Svaha you really need a hobby you've been on here for years wasting your life away behind a computer talking about the same crap over and over again.

P1 It is prima facie wrong to kill homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong.
P2 Abortion kills homo sapiens that have done nothing wrong.
C. Abortion is wrong.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Tre you've also been on here as long as Svaha you guys need a hobby. Stop wasting your lives on here.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's people like you and Tre that obsess about stuff all the time. You've both been on here for years. Why is it that it is only the pro-abotion rights people that never leave?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••