Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#256112 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
OK< not biased just uninformed. If you knew who led the charge, I'm sure you would have credited them.
I'm not uninformed. I simply focused on your disingenuous assertion that the Dixiecrats are remotely similar to modern, progressive Democrats.

I think it's great that some Republicans stepped up against their base to do the right thing. Unfortunately, it wasn't unanimous. All the Senators and House members that were opposed to removing the flag are Republicans.

Why do you suppose only Republicans are opposed? All the Democrats supported removing the flag.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256113 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No because they won't give babies to same sex couples.
Catholic Charities chose to opt out. The government didn't force them to. Right?
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256114 Jul 17, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think she meant?
You asked me. I answered.
In the future, she stressed, politicians will need to force religious leaders to change these ancient teachings to fit modern laws.

These are her words and I think, quite easy to understand. Your take doesn't quite fit.

I do know that progressivism does not tolerate a God before it.

I also think she has an uphill battle because most people do believe in God.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256115 Jul 17, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not uninformed. I simply focused on your disingenuous assertion that the Dixiecrats are remotely similar to modern, progressive Democrats.
I think it's great that some Republicans stepped up against their base to do the right thing. Unfortunately, it wasn't unanimous. All the Senators and House members that were opposed to removing the flag are Republicans.
Why do you suppose only Republicans are opposed? All the Democrats supported removing the flag.
I don't think that the few republicans who voted against the flag take down, saw the flag as racist, only a source of southern pride.

The democrats as well as most republicians do see the flag as a racist symbol. Majority rules.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256116 Jul 17, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic Charities chose to opt out. The government didn't force them to. Right?
When you cannot comply with the government, your only option is to 'opt' out.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256117 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future, she stressed, politicians will need to force religious leaders to change these ancient teachings to fit modern laws.
These are her words and I think, quite easy to understand. Your take doesn't quite fit.
I do know that progressivism does not tolerate a God before it.
I also think she has an uphill battle because most people do believe in God.
Did you listen to her speech? It was given at the Women in the World Summit.

The part of her speech you are up in arms about is,

“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper.
Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

She also talked about fair pay, birth control and family planning, paid family leave, and security in retirement. She commented on Catholic and Protestant women in Northern Ireland putting their differences aside to achieve common goals.

She didn't say anything about abortion. She spoke about mothers and newborns, single mothers, education.

These words are easy to understand -- where does she say "force"? That's you, not her. "Ancient teachings to fit modern laws", that's you, again. You're putting words in her mouth.

When she says, "And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed." how is that different than the Catholic Church changing it's beliefs about the sun revolving around the earth. They arrested a guy for saying the earth revolves around the sun, ya know.

Religious beliefs that are simply not true should change.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256118 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that the few republicans who voted against the flag take down, saw the flag as racist, only a source of southern pride.
The democrats as well as most republicians do see the flag as a racist symbol. Majority rules.
Why are you defending the Republicans who opposed the take down of the flag?

Why mention democrats at all if your purpose was to credit the Republicans?

What was your original point with these remarks?

Ink: "Seemed important to the democrats for fifty years. "

Ink: "SC has always been a heavily democratic state and the flag came down under a Republican governor."

Ink: "All I know is that a democrat put it up and a republican took it down. "

Ink: "That's rather confounding considering that the southern democrat leaders have never had their best interest at heart. "

STO

Vallejo, CA

#256119 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
When you cannot comply with the government, your only option is to 'opt' out.
They could comply. No one outside of the Catholic Church is stopping them. They choose not to provide those services anymore. No one forced them .
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256120 Jul 17, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you listen to her speech? It was given at the Women in the World Summit.
The part of her speech you are up in arms about is,
“Far too many women are denied access to reproductive health care and safe childbirth, and laws don’t count for much if they’re not enforced. Rights have to exist in practice — not just on paper.
Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”
She also talked about fair pay, birth control and family planning, paid family leave, and security in retirement. She commented on Catholic and Protestant women in Northern Ireland putting their differences aside to achieve common goals.
She didn't say anything about abortion. She spoke about mothers and newborns, single mothers, education.
These words are easy to understand -- where does she say "force"? That's you, not her. "Ancient teachings to fit modern laws", that's you, again. You're putting words in her mouth.
When she says, "And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed." how is that different than the Catholic Church changing it's beliefs about the sun revolving around the earth. They arrested a guy for saying the earth revolves around the sun, ya know.
Religious beliefs that are simply not true should change.
You and Hillary are going to decide what is true? I don't think so.

"Religious beliefs HAVE to be changed". How does she do that if not through the laws?
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256121 Jul 17, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
They could comply. No one outside of the Catholic Church is stopping them. They choose not to provide those services anymore. No one forced them .
Why should they? You don't just give up what you believe to accomadate the culture. You keep your values and live by them. I can see that you would comply with anything you were told to do.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256122 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Hillary are going to decide what is true? I don't think so.
"Religious beliefs HAVE to be changed". How does she do that if not through the laws?
Galileo was right. The Catholic Church was wrong. True vs False.

This is what I mean by "true".

Are women too stupid to hold office? Are women too emotional to vote?

If " deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases " are based on fallacy then they should change.

When "deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases" are barriers to "the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies" , they should change.

You disagree?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256123 Jul 17, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they? You don't just give up what you believe to accomadate the culture. You keep your values and live by them. I can see that you would comply with anything you were told to do.
I did not say they should. They shouldn't. It's their belief. BUT, no one outside of themselves forced them to opt out.

There is no force, here, Ink. It's the Catholic Church's choice.

The government did not force them to do anything.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256124 Jul 17, 2015
Hey Ink. Why all the smarmy remarks? I've been polite to you.

"Is your bias showing?"

"That would be the most benign use of the word 'force' that I have ever heard. You have a great imagination."

"You and Hillary are going to decide what is true? I don't think so."

" I can see that you would comply with anything you were told to do."

"Bias" -- you admit I wasn't biased.

"Imagination" - Hillary Clinton didn't use the word "force".

"Decide what is true" -- Facts are not debatable. Like Galileo vs RCC.

"Comply with anything you were told to do" -- Huh? The RCC opted out on its own. Has nothing to do with me.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256125 Jul 18, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Galileo was right. The Catholic Church was wrong. True vs False.
This is what I mean by "true".
Are women too stupid to hold office? Are women too emotional to vote?
If " deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases " are based on fallacy then they should change.
When "deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases" are barriers to "the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies" , they should change.
You disagree?
And science thought that Lucy was the missing link and that the Neandertals had died out. They were wrong so do we throw out all science? It's a learning process.

Is the rest of your post rhetorical or just talking points? Obviously women hold office and vote and I didn't see the Catholic Church try to stop their women parishoners.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256126 Jul 18, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say they should. They shouldn't. It's their belief. BUT, no one outside of themselves forced them to opt out.
There is no force, here, Ink. It's the Catholic Church's choice.
The government did not force them to do anything.
The state is saying,'you will provide services the way we say or you won't be allowed to help any families find children'

You know, when you stand by your principles, good things happen and now the Church does international adoptions from countries who refuse to have their chidren placed in SS homes.

I gives a whole new group of people a chance at the American dream, especially the girls
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256127 Jul 18, 2015
STO wrote:
Hey Ink. Why all the smarmy remarks? I've been polite to you.
"Is your bias showing?"
"That would be the most benign use of the word 'force' that I have ever heard. You have a great imagination."
"You and Hillary are going to decide what is true? I don't think so."
" I can see that you would comply with anything you were told to do."
"Bias" -- you admit I wasn't biased.
"Imagination" - Hillary Clinton didn't use the word "force".
"Decide what is true" -- Facts are not debatable. Like Galileo vs RCC.
"Comply with anything you were told to do" -- Huh? The RCC opted out on its own. Has nothing to do with me.
You have great prespective on Galileo. That's hindsight. Do you have any foresight? Can you see any possible problems with the course this country is taking?

I'm going to guess that you can't and that is why I get the feeling that you and many others will willingly comply with everything the state tells you to do. You will only want to see the perceived benefits.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256128 Jul 19, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And science thought that Lucy was the missing link and that the Neandertals had died out. They were wrong so do we throw out all science? It's a learning process.
Is the rest of your post rhetorical or just talking points? Obviously women hold office and vote and I didn't see the Catholic Church try to stop their women parishoners.
You have been taking Hillary Clinton's quote out of context. I am putting it in context for you.

Do you disagree?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256129 Jul 19, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The state is saying,'you will provide services the way we say or you won't be allowed to help any families find children'
The Catholic Church opted out, which it has every right to do.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256130 Jul 19, 2015
Forced out, a matter of conscience not options. They believe a child is best off with a mother and father, contrary to federal orthodoxy, so the oldest adoption providers are shut out.

Reform entitlements now that D.C. has reformed marriage.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256131 Jul 19, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have great prespective on Galileo. That's hindsight. Do you have any foresight? Can you see any possible problems with the course this country is taking?
I'm going to guess that you can't and that is why I get the feeling that you and many others will willingly comply with everything the state tells you to do. You will only want to see the perceived benefits.
You know I disagree with you on many subjects, therefore you jump to conclusions about my character to justify your smarmy remarks towards me. I haven't responded in kind, so you can't argue you were defending yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 34 min Just Think 22,559
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 40 min petrol 4,741
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 2 hr Sorry Hill 54
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 3 hr Sorry Hill 2,193
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 3 hr guest 534
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr River Tam 43,078
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 4 hr Dalton 20
More from around the web