Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 218493 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254948 Oct 12, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
Posting about the Christian baker who was forced to go against her belief?
Uhm, The defendant was JACK C. PHILLIPS.
I guess you are not familiar with the case.
She is going bankrupt now, is that what you want?
Apart from your misuse of pronoun, the business elected to injure the business by not providing service.
[QUOTE who="Mychihuahuawillbite "]That's not freedom, forcing someone to go against their belief is never freedom.
You are the one advocating against free will.
You are advocating the a business be able to impose their religious beliefs on others.
You are arguing for restricted freedom, because the beliefs of others are uncomfortable to you.
What would be a good idea is for that baker, in the future put up a notice that 25% of all sales will go for a Christian org .
They could do that, it wouldn't have any relevance to the current discussion.
That will stop this kind of harrassment that the progressives want to do to Christian org.
One need only look at who is denying service to see where the actual harassment lies here.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#254949 Oct 13, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one advocating against free will.
You are. You are against the baker, photographer and florist having free will.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#254950 Oct 13, 2014
Wondering wrote:
You are. You are against the baker, photographer and florist having free will.
No, moron, I am advocating that they cannot project their religious beliefs onto others via their businesses, which would be an infringement upon freedom.

They are still free to hold their bigoted beliefs and be as stupid as they wish to be, they just can't project that stupidity onto others or force others to conform to their beliefs.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#254951 Oct 13, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No, moron, I am advocating that they cannot project their religious beliefs onto others via their businesses, which would be an infringement upon freedom.
2. They are still free to hold their bigoted beliefs and be as stupid as they wish to be, they just can't project that stupidity onto others or force others to conform to their beliefs.
1. Of course it would, the people running the businesses have had their freedom of choice taken away.
2. Seems that in order for these gay couples to have their 'freedom of choice' someone else has to give up theirs.

The really interesting part is that the gay couples that were denied wedding services won and then didn't use the services that denied them. Any small business that turns customers away will be punished by loss of revenue which would be increased by bad mouthing. That's punishment enough. You are against freedom of choice and you prove it whenever you post on the issue. You're the moron.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#254952 Oct 13, 2014
"Mychihuahuawillbite " showed everyone that they are a moron

You have more in common with Hitler and mental midgets. Your ilk are making war on women. You think killing a n unborn girl is okay. Sounds like a war on women to me!

derp,derp,derp,derp,derp,derp, derp

#254953 Oct 13, 2014
"Brian_G" whined like a little girl

lides argues for sex segregating marriage because he thinks opponents are dumb and he's smart; same reasoning the courts used to impose D.C.'s marriage standard on the rest of the country without consent.
----------
still butthurt over gay marriage huh? just like abortion,don't like it,don't get one......silly hillbilly

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254954 Oct 13, 2014
Junket wrote:
Boy howdy.
Hope all is well with you Tre.
Best, J
hehe... I haven't heard "boy howdy" for a while, since I no longer have cable and can't watch Rachel Maddow. Good to see you... so to speak ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#254955 Oct 13, 2014
Kent wrote:
War on women?? You mean the women who are being aborted.. murdered every day in the womb? Who is waging this war? Oh that's right. It's not a war. It's a sacred.. choice! "A woman has the right to choose".. to kill the baby in her womb!- Bulletin: Half of those babies are women! We have killed 57 million now! Hitlers war only killed 50 million.
In what universe are "women" being aborted?

A woman is defined as an adult female human. To my knowledge, an adult female human has NEVER been aborted.

What ARE commonly aborted are embryos, or more accurately, pregnancies.

Yes, I agree with the current law that says a woman has the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not.

Comparing a woman who chooses to end a pregnancy with Hitler is asinine, and doesn't help getting anyone to take you seriously... nor does saying things like "half of those babies are women!" You just sound like a complete nutjob.

And I doubt very much you are concerned about millions of "women" being aborted, Kent. I bet you just like being self-righteous and sanctimonious and looking down on people who have had to make difficult decisions that you will never be faced with.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#254956 Oct 13, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
In what universe are "women" being aborted?
A woman is defined as an adult female human. To my knowledge, an adult female human has NEVER been aborted.
What ARE commonly aborted are embryos, or more accurately, pregnancies.
Yes, I agree with the current law that says a woman has the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not.
Comparing a woman who chooses to end a pregnancy with Hitler is asinine, and doesn't help getting anyone to take you seriously... nor does saying things like "half of those babies are women!" You just sound like a complete nutjob.
And I doubt very much you are concerned about millions of "women" being aborted, Kent. I bet you just like being self-righteous and sanctimonious and looking down on people who have had to make difficult decisions that you will never be faced with.
Hello Thomas (Tre)
Just a quick stop to say...it's great to see you are still around.

You are a well grounded person with good common sense.

I always enjoyed your postings in the past and that includes your humor.

I chose to leave the Catholic Church over 2 years ago. It's been tough recovering from Catholism ( over 50 plus yrs.of it) but it's was a good move on my part for me.

Hope all is well with you and all your loved ones.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254957 Oct 14, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Thomas (Tre)
Just a quick stop to say...it's great to see you are still around.
You are a well grounded person with good common sense.
I always enjoyed your postings in the past and that includes your humor.
I chose to leave the Catholic Church over 2 years ago. It's been tough recovering from Catholism ( over 50 plus yrs.of it) but it's was a good move on my part for me.
Hope all is well with you and all your loved ones.
Hi Estelle,
Thanks for your kind words, and the feeling is mutual, and hope you are well also.

I'll admit it was not as tough for me being an ex Catholic. I was raised with it, and went through the motions because it was expected, but my heart was never really in it. My personal beliefs fluctuated over the years, but in hindsight, never seemed completely dependent on what I was taught. So, for me, "leaving" the Catholic Church was more like just admitting I was never really part of it.

I saw a bit on the News last night. They made it sound like it was some huge new change in the RCC. Turned out it was just more of the same conflicting message we've already heard. The church says something along the lines of "homosexuals should be treated with dignity, but not so much that we recognize their right to marry each other."

Not that I would ever expect the RCC to ever support same sex marriage. But who are they kidding? These statements are more or less political B.S. I'm sure their are plenty of Catholic laity, and even some clergy who are not anti-gay... as you know many of them ARE gay... But the church will never officially be accepting of homosexuality. Their pretense of treating homosexuals with "dignity" is specious at best.

As long as they continue to spend money actively fighting against LGBT equality, they are treating them with the opposite of dignity. Some may like to pretend that their recent statement is somehow a revolutionary step toward tolerance for the church, I'm just too damned cynical to buy that crap, no matter how "nice" the new pope seems to be.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254958 Oct 14, 2014
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/eur...

Vatican calls for Catholic Church to welcome gays
Vatican document states homosexuals have 'gifts and qualities to offer' in unprecedented step to 'welcome' gay people

By Josephine McKenna Vatican City 7:34PM BST 13 Oct 2014

Catholic bishops took an unprecedented step on Monday to "welcome" homosexuals and noting they had "gifts and qualities" to offer the church.
As the global synod on the family entered its second week at the Vatican, the bishops released a midterm document summarising the closed-door debate taking place between nearly 200 bishops and lay officials.
While the church reaffirmed its opposition to marriage and same sex unions, the ground-breaking document said homosexuality prompted "serious reflection" and was an "important educative challenge"....

“=”

Appleton WI

#254959 Oct 14, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/europe/vaticancity andholysee/11159911/Vatican-ca lls-for-Catholic-Church-to-wel come-gays.html
Vatican calls for Catholic Church to welcome gays
Vatican document states homosexuals have 'gifts and qualities to offer' in unprecedented step to 'welcome' gay people
By Josephine McKenna Vatican City 7:34PM BST 13 Oct 2014
Catholic bishops took an unprecedented step on Monday to "welcome" homosexuals and noting they had "gifts and qualities" to offer the church.
As the global synod on the family entered its second week at the Vatican, the bishops released a midterm document summarising the closed-door debate taking place between nearly 200 bishops and lay officials.
While the church reaffirmed its opposition to marriage and same sex unions, the ground-breaking document said homosexuality prompted "serious reflection" and was an "important educative challenge"....
Yeah.... in other words, gay's money is just as green as anybody else's, and we don't want to refuse THOSE kind of "gifts."

Location hidden

#254961 Oct 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Estelle,
Thanks for your kind words, and the feeling is mutual, and hope you are well also.
I'll admit it was not as tough for me being an ex Catholic. I was raised with it, and went through the motions because it was expected, but my heart was never really in it. My personal beliefs fluctuated over the years, but in hindsight, never seemed completely dependent on what I was taught. So, for me, "leaving" the Catholic Church was more like just admitting I was never really part of it.
I saw a bit on the News last night. They made it sound like it was some huge new change in the RCC. Turned out it was just more of the same conflicting message we've already heard. The church says something along the lines of "homosexuals should be treated with dignity, but not so much that we recognize their right to marry each other."
Not that I would ever expect the RCC to ever support same sex marriage. But who are they kidding? These statements are more or less political B.S. I'm sure their are plenty of Catholic laity, and even some clergy who are not anti-gay... as you know many of them ARE gay... But the church will never officially be accepting of homosexuality. Their pretense of treating homosexuals with "dignity" is specious at best.
As long as they continue to spend money actively fighting against LGBT equality, they are treating them with the opposite of dignity. Some may like to pretend that their recent statement is somehow a revolutionary step toward tolerance for the church, I'm just too damned cynical to buy that crap, no matter how "nice" the new pope seems to be.
I'm on the same page as you....
this Pope is just repackaging the same stuff but it's the same old product so to speak.

It's sad, this gets so many folks hopes up just to be crushed again and again.

My goodness the hierarchy of the church are actually going to promo Natural Family Planning.
That's got to tell you they are so out of touch. Still no artificial birth control. Super stupid in my opinion.

Some Catholic priests on the internet are saying there will be no major dogma change.

Bottom line is to get more money from their flock.

Location hidden

#254962 Oct 14, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... in other words, gay's money is just as green as anybody else's, and we don't want to refuse THOSE kind of "gifts."
I learned long ago why my son who is gay decided to leave the Catholic Church years ago and not support it. He didn't want to live his life as a lie. Good for him.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#254963 Oct 15, 2014
If you think cash is the only kind of gifts homosexuals offer society, then you are badly prejudiced.

#254964 Oct 15, 2014
"Brian_G" trying not to be THAT homophobe
If you think cash is the only kind of gifts homosexuals offer society, then you are badly prejudiced.
----------
says the fool against gay marriage

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#254966 Oct 15, 2014
The issue is the sex segregation of marriage; I support diversity, affirmative action and the perfect integration of one man and one woman marriage.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#254967 Oct 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
The issue is the sex segregation of marriage;
For once, you are right. Some governments are attempting to enforce such segregation, but they are failing, spectacularly, in court. It appears they cannot provide so little as a rational basis to support their views.
Brian_G wrote:
I support diversity, affirmative action and the perfect integration of one man and one woman marriage.
You support idiocy, and promote a general lack of freedom or free will.

Grow up, moron.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#254968 Oct 16, 2014
The left is attempting to create sex segregated marriage but the people don't consent. This should give you a hint of their future plans.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#254969 Oct 16, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. It's not funny money when it comes to being green. I have NEVER had anybody or business refuse my money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 4 min Pope Ben Out To P... 2
News Star Trek Discovery needs to push boundaries wi... 19 min Norman 9
News Alabama's chief justice defends his gay marriag... 19 min Orville 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 27 min Frankie Rizzo 14,842
News N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law 28 min Orville 7
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 40 min Respect71 38,600
Little Robbie's Play Room 52 min Norman 3
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr kuda 172
More from around the web