Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217512 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#255713 Mar 11, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the 'pro-choice' side of this issue. I'm replying to this, not because I want to argue with you on this, but to show that not everyone on the same side of an issue thinks or believes the same things.
I want people to know that I don't agree with this, and I don't believe most people in general believe that a baby is not real until it is outside of the womb. Sorry, but that is equally, if not more ridiculous than most so-called 'pro-life' arguments.
I honestly don't understand how anyone can think this way. A doctor doesn't tell you that your appendix isn't real until it's removed. There are plenty more sane and logical arguments.There would be no need for abortions if there was nothing real in the womb in the first place.
If there's something I know is real, is that Medicine is not an exact science. How? My wife is a physician.

A doctor may not tell you your appendix is not real until it's removed, but a doctor can easily misdiagnose what is real and not find out for sure until he/she gets in.

Classic example; Alzheimers cannot be diagnosed, with certainty, until an autopsy is performed. All that a doctor can say is he/she suspects Alzheimers, given the symptoms.

And ultrasounds, no matter how "high-definition" they may be, are not 100% precise. Maybe my argument is a stretch, but I don't call anything "real" until I am 100% sure it is.

“Clever words”

Since: Sep 09

constellate

#255714 Mar 12, 2015
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Junket.
It has been sometime since I read a post from you. I hope all is going splendidly with you and yours.
Greetings GS! I'm tickety-boo and hope the same is true for you.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255715 Mar 12, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been well documented by many sources. Google it.
You're the one making an affirmative statement. The burden of proof is on you. Don't go asking me to do something because you can't.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255716 Mar 12, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the fingers of a real child.
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/b/babysa...
IAh, the infamous, "if it quacks like a duck" argument.

How do you know those are real fingers or even a real child? Were you there, or do you believe everything you see? All I see is a photo of something that looks like a hand. And you don't know that this "photo" is an account of a real event, or something as fictional as the Mona Lisa.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255717 Mar 12, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't answer the first time. I did the second. And again, no, I am not saying your heart is less real.
BTW there is no such thing as less real. Something is either real or an imitation.
So if there is no such thing as less real, then there can't be such thing as more real either.

And as far as your claim that something is either real or an imitation, you're wrong. A woman's purse made by Louis Vuitton is no more real than a knock off of the same bag. Difference is, one is the legitimate and authentic work of Louis Vuitton and the other is not.

In short, reality is as highly subjective as morality, Inky. You hypocrites say heaven and hell are real. None of you can prove it.

I'll tell you what's real; the plastic bottle of Diet Pepsi I'm drinking now. I can see it and touch it. A picture of that bottle is nothing more than a picture. It doesn't make the contents of the photo real, and neither does a sonogram. No matter how "high definition" it may be.

An ultrasound photo of a fetus is NOT an ultrasound photo of a real fetus. It is a real ultrasound photo of a fetus.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255718 Mar 12, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings GS! I'm tickety-boo and hope the same is true for you.
Pippy!!!!!!

“Clever words”

constellate

#255719 Mar 12, 2015
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pippy!!!!!!
Hot Stuff!!!!
Is it real or is it memorex?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255720 Mar 12, 2015
<quoted text>
If there's something I know is real, is that Medicine is not an exact science. How? My wife is a physician.
A doctor may not tell you your appendix is not real until it's removed, but a doctor can easily misdiagnose what is real and not find out for sure until he/she gets in.
Classic example; Alzheimers cannot be diagnosed, with certainty, until an autopsy is performed. All that a doctor can say is he/she suspects Alzheimers, given the symptoms.
And ultrasounds, no matter how "high-definition" they may be, are not 100% precise. Maybe my argument is a stretch, but I don't call anything "real" until I am 100% sure it is.
Alritghy then.

If your wife is really a medical doctor, hopefully she can explain to you how things are real. I'm afraid it's above my paygrade to even attempt it.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255721 Mar 12, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot Stuff!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B2WcBi9mu6AXX
Not to nitpick, Age, but you're mixing your cassette tape brands here. You mention the old Memorex slogan and then post an old Maxell ad. They are definitely not the same.

I liked the old Memorex commercial where a recording of Ella Fitzgerald's voice shattered a wine glass. But having done a lot of recording on cassettes in the 70's, 80's and 90's using both those brands as well as TDK and others, I have to say that Maxell's performed the best ;)

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255722 Mar 12, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot Stuff!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B2WcBi9mu6AXX
Actually, it's Maxell baby..

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255723 Mar 12, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Alritghy then.
If your wife is really a medical doctor, hopefully she can explain to you how things are real. I'm afraid it's above my paygrade to even attempt it.
Actually, we're both of the same opinion.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255724 Mar 12, 2015
<quoted text>
Actually, we're both of the same opinion.
On some things, no doubt... but on what's real and what's not real, it seems we're worlds apart.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#255725 Mar 12, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
On some things, no doubt... but on what's real and what's not real, it seems we're worlds apart.
I was referring to my wife and I.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255726 Mar 12, 2015
<quoted text>
I was referring to my wife and I.
Oh, I see. I hope she doesn't deliver babies that only magically become real once outside the womb, but are merely imaginary prior.

“Clever words”

constellate

#255727 Mar 12, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to nitpick, Age, but you're mixing your cassette tape brands here. You mention the old Memorex slogan and then post an old Maxell ad. They are definitely not the same.
I liked the old Memorex commercial where a recording of Ella Fitzgerald's voice shattered a wine glass. But having done a lot of recording on cassettes in the 70's, 80's and 90's using both those brands as well as TDK and others, I have to say that Maxell's performed the best ;)
Thomas, please call me Junket or J. I didn't even notice when I picked the link. I remember the one that shattered a glass (opera octaves). I guess I've become brand blind. Is it bounty or brawny that is the quicker picker upper.

Do you still have cassettes? I do. Not sure why, but I'm loathe to toss. They don't take up that much room.

:-)

“Clever words”

constellate

#255728 Mar 12, 2015
<quoted text>
Actually, it's Maxell baby..
Yes, well I used to like Maxwell coffee. I'm still a fan of drip. Meanwhile the Keurig inventor is sorry because of the waste.

On topic. Oh yes, Ink. No Catholics involved whatsoever in your link regarding Catholic hot buttons? It really seems that your links are slanted.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255729 Mar 12, 2015
The Catholic Church is on our side against ISIS and their war on women and gays. There are more important things than the definition of marriage, survival for one.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255730 Mar 13, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas, please call me Junket or J. I didn't even notice when I picked the link. I remember the one that shattered a glass (opera octaves). I guess I've become brand blind. Is it bounty or brawny that is the quicker picker upper.
Do you still have cassettes? I do. Not sure why, but I'm loathe to toss. They don't take up that much room.
I do still have cassettes, not that I use them much anymore. I even have some blank Maxell's. Recently pawned all my CD's for a pittance after ripping them all to my PC. I'll probably have to do the same with my vinyl soon.

Yeah, I think Bounty is the quicker picker upper, and Brawny is the paper towel of choice for lumberjacks ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#255731 Mar 13, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and I'll try to remember to call you J or Junket. I just got used to calling you Age and letting you know that I knew who you were after you changed it.

“Clever words”

constellate

#255732 Mar 13, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and I'll try to remember to call you J or Junket. I just got used to calling you Age and letting you know that I knew who you were after you changed it.
Some folks like to reference my old sign-in and do so in a disparaging manner. June for example, but there are others. Even if you don't remember in the future, I'll know your intent is not unkind.

Take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Big C 18,532
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 4 min June VanDerMark 11,757
News Alabama chief justice waits for judgment day on... 35 min Imprtnrd 2
Stop persecuting straight folk!! 36 min LOC 1
My husband left me 4 another man (Nov '09) 37 min LOC 34
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 41 min LOC 68,995
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 1 hr Imprtnrd 105
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr LOC 40,553
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 2 hr Hairburner Ethics 50
More from around the web