Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story
Mike

Belleville, IL

#252321 May 15, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
They are only doing what their God and relious forefathers taught.
You cannot be a modern tolerant person regarding gays, women and contraception and still be a good Catholic. You have to choose. If thats the god you believe in you dont get to tell him how you think he should be, he tells you. His church tells you what to believe. You cannot pick and choose.
If you think gays have equal rights, same as women, then you are not a true catholic I'm afraid.
Perhaps choose another flavour or christianity which suits you more, there are 37,999 others after all.
If you truly believe in your Catholic god, then tough, you have to believe as he taught.
(Although I'm not sure what the explanation is for making these people wrong in the first place.)
I would think it would be hard to find a religion that someone agrees with entirely. I don't think that means there are no 'good' followers of any particular faith.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#252322 May 15, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you suggest? Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? That way, when hormones suggest she's pregnant she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" and you, dear Mike, are a stellar example.
You've been on here as long as I have sport so why don't you get a hobby and understand your own "savior" as in "judge not lest YE be judged". Jesus said that didn't he? Oh yeah, your "savior's" words aren't for people like you. They're for those "other" people. Those "sinners".
PS You're a self-righteous little freak aren't you:-)
I still love you Svaha. I get on here about once every year or two. I am sure you and tre are probably on here everyday. Possibly for more than an hour a day. I'm not surprised you are just assuming a bunch of stuff about my position again.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#252323 May 15, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
So Mike... are you here to discuss issues, or to give us self-righteous lectures about needing hobbies and wasting lives on Topix? If you think I give a damn about your approval, you're sorely mistaken. Either way, it's none of your f@#$ing business what anybody besides yourself does with their spare time. It seems to me that a person who obsesses on complete strangers may be the one who needs a hobby.
I still love you too Tre. Nice to hear from you again. Last time I talked to you was over a year ago I'm sure. I remember you saying you stopped posting as much as you used to or pointing out that you aren't on here as much as other people. So I thought you might take my advise. If this makes you happy by all means continue doing it as much as you want. I'm just trying to look out for you. I don't think swearing and insulting people all day can be good for anyone's health. You and Svaha have already started with the cursing and insulting hate speech already.
Mike

Belleville, IL

#252324 May 15, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
What do I obsess about Almighty Mike?
<quoted text>
Actually, until recently I had barely been here a couple times in over a year. Now I'm here a maximum of less than 6 hours per week... not that it's any of your f#%*ing business.
<quoted text>
Why is it that you lie?
Are YOU not still here?
When did you first post here?
YEARS ago?
Yeah old habits die hard I guess. But I am curious as to why I never recognize any of the pro-life people. I guess they have moved on to bigger and better things. You are right though I shouldn't waste my time coming back. I know there is no way I am ever going to change anyone's mind. I make a simple logical argument and people just become willfully ignorant(I actually picked up that phrase from June I use it all the time. Thank her for me the next time you talk to her.) or start embracing really weird positions that most people would find self-evidently wrong. You should read Peter Singer's "Animal Liberation" if you want to see what a consistent pro-abortion rights position leads to. Singer is the world's most well know living philosopher. He is no dumby and he will explain what the pro-abortion rights argument logically leads to.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252325 May 15, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I still love you Svaha. I get on here about once every year or two. I am sure you and tre are probably on here everyday. Possibly for more than an hour a day. I'm not surprised you are just assuming a bunch of stuff about my position again.
Go away little man and stop living vicariously through other people because you're right you know, we're ALL having more fun than you

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#252326 May 16, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Click here if you wish to stalk June ;)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Hi Thomas, good to see you! Just curious, but what's the purpose in stalking June?

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#252327 May 16, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think it would be hard to find a religion that someone agrees with entirely. I don't think that means there are no 'good' followers of any particular faith.
I suggest they only agree with their own religions.

If they agreed with other people's religions, they would always be respectful ... they would never fight, and for instance call someone a "Jesus freak."

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

#252328 May 16, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Thomas, good to see you! Just curious, but what's the purpose in stalking June?
Thomas is too much of a gentleman to stalk anyone. It's just his humorous way of letting Jumper know where he can find me.

:)
Mike

Belleville, IL

#252329 May 16, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you suggest? Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? That way, when hormones suggest she's pregnant she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" and you, dear Mike, are a stellar example.
You've been on here as long as I have sport so why don't you get a hobby and understand your own "savior" as in "judge not lest YE be judged". Jesus said that didn't he? Oh yeah, your "savior's" words aren't for people like you. They're for those "other" people. Those "sinners".
PS You're a self-righteous little freak aren't you:-)
Well I don't believe Jesus wanted me to be an anarchist. I believe he wanted laws to govern society and that certain things should be illegal. I also think those laws should apply to everyone including myself.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#252330 May 16, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't believe Jesus wanted me to be an anarchist. I believe he wanted laws to govern society and that certain things should be illegal. I also think those laws should apply to everyone including myself.
Svaha is a bit of a drama queen, isn't she?
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252331 May 16, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe Jesus so weak and ineffectual he needs your help to control all those other people for something YOU believe? So much for the "judge not lest ye be judged" directive which applies to everyone else except Mike Almighty. Heck of a religion you have there.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252332 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Svaha is a bit of a drama queen, isn't she?
So point out where I'm wrong? You want laws that govern another human beings body because you don't TRUST women. I think THAT is rather dramatic

Location hidden

#252333 May 16, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
So point out where I'm wrong? You want laws that govern another human beings body because you don't TRUST women. I think THAT is rather dramatic
"So what do you suggest? Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? That way, when hormones suggest she's pregnant she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" and you, dear Mike, are a stellar example.

Oh, where to start with this crap????

1) Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss)-The fetus is also alive and human (a point that you dismiss)

2) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? Why do you compare a woman to a dog?

3) when hormones suggest she's pregnant-In most cases it as her CHOICE to become pregnant

4) she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus.-Who said anything about preggo police?-BOTH the woman and the fetus are important and deserve respect and protection.

5) When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry.- Who is forcing them to go hungry? Do you have any idea how man how many Christian (and non Christian) agencies there are to help women and children?

6) I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" -I bet that if men could get pregnant, that the very people who scream for abortion rights now would be screaming for just the opposite because the baby would be half theirs.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252334 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"So what do you suggest? Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? That way, when hormones suggest she's pregnant she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry. I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" and you, dear Mike, are a stellar example.
Oh, where to start with this crap????
1) Chipping another human being (who happens to be female, HUMAN (a point you dismiss)-The fetus is also alive and human (a point that you dismiss)
2) and of childbearing age like you would the family dog? Why do you compare a woman to a dog?
3) when hormones suggest she's pregnant-In most cases it as her CHOICE to become pregnant
4) she can be rounded up by the preggo police to be forced her pregnancy vitamins to protect the all important fetus.-Who said anything about preggo police?-BOTH the woman and the fetus are important and deserve respect and protection.
5) When she's forced to give birth she and her child (no longer a fetus, no longer important) can be kicked to the curb to be denounced by you "religious" folks as a drain on the economy and left to go hungry.- Who is forcing them to go hungry? Do you have any idea how man how many Christian (and non Christian) agencies there are to help women and children?
6) I've often though "if men could get pregnant abortion wouldn't be a sin, it would be a sacrament" -I bet that if men could get pregnant, that the very people who scream for abortion rights now would be screaming for just the opposite because the baby would be half theirs.
LOL, I love you self-righteous types. Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one. Everyone ELSE will make up their OWN minds. By the way, how many unwanted babies are in your house? Not the perfect, white, cute as a button babies. Those less than perfect infants that you insist have a right to life. The thousands and thousands in state care because their parents can't or won't care for them . How come they don't have loving homes with you guys?? I asked Mike that once and he replied "that's not MY responsibility". Huh. Imagine that. He thinks he should be able to make the choices for everyone but the results of those choices are not HIS responsibility. Ya'll talk the talk but rarely walk the walk. Hypocrite:-)

Location hidden

#252335 May 17, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I love you self-righteous types. Don't believe in abortion? Don't have one. Everyone ELSE will make up their OWN minds. By the way, how many unwanted babies are in your house? Not the perfect, white, cute as a button babies. Those less than perfect infants that you insist have a right to life. The thousands and thousands in state care because their parents can't or won't care for them . How come they don't have loving homes with you guys?? I asked Mike that once and he replied "that's not MY responsibility". Huh. Imagine that. He thinks he should be able to make the choices for everyone but the results of those choices are not HIS responsibility. Ya'll talk the talk but rarely walk the walk. Hypocrite:-)
How many are in your house?
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252336 May 17, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are in your house?
None. thought as much. So you agree with Mike it's "not my responsibility" for the choices YOU would make for other people. The mantra of the self-righteous.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252337 May 17, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I still love you too Tre. Nice to hear from you again. Last time I talked to you was over a year ago I'm sure. I remember you saying you stopped posting as much as you used to or pointing out that you aren't on here as much as other people. So I thought you might take my advise. If this makes you happy by all means continue doing it as much as you want. I'm just trying to look out for you. I don't think swearing and insulting people all day can be good for anyone's health. You and Svaha have already started with the cursing and insulting hate speech already.
You are one arrogant, condescending prick. You're trying to look out for me? What a load of crap. You come in here all self-righteous and judgmental... telling us we're obsessed and need hobbies... and when we tell you to piss off, you say you love us, you're looking out for us, and accuse us of hate speech.

We'll let you know, Almighty Mike, if we need your advice, your counsel, your wisdom, or your 'looking out' for us. Until then, here's a little advice for you... why don't you hold your breath until one of us NEEDS anything from you, k?

“=”

Appleton WI

#252338 May 17, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah old habits die hard I guess. But I am curious as to why I never recognize any of the pro-life people. I guess they have moved on to bigger and better things.
I don't know. You didn't answer... what am I supposedly obsessed with?
Mike wrote:
You are right though I shouldn't waste my time coming back.
Nowhere did I tell you you shouldn't come back. If you want to discuss issues, fine. If you want to be a self-righteous condescending prick and give us your "advice," homey don't play dat.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252339 May 17, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sherlayne. You'll have to ask "Jumper the wise" what's the purpose in stalking June. As you know, it's all my fault that June went to other threads, since I am a mean old bully and forced her to leave.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252340 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas is too much of a gentleman to stalk anyone. It's just his humorous way of letting Jumper know where he can find me.
:)
Thank you for being honest, June. And welcome back. No need to thank me for ALLOWING you back on this thread ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 min Frankie Rizzo 3,351
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min lides 3,875
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 min Jonah1 1,146
White House: US increasingly backing gay marriage 3 min Jonathan 71
Christian right key to Republican performance i... 5 min Fa-Foxy 71
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 15 min barry 1,997
Poll: Economy, health care eclipse social issues 37 min Lerone Jones 3
Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 89
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 10 hr Just Saying 56,777

Gay/Lesbian People Search