Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220255 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252397 May 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Mahatma Gandhi
How very very true:-)
What a crock.

If Jesus lived, he supported his father's will that people should stone homosexuals and others to death.

He also supported his father keeping the devil on the payroll as his helper to burn rejects in hell.

I suggest you stop with the foolishness.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252398 May 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas, you know I wuv ya! I may have posted to the wrong person. You are nOT a bully or anything else bad!
You posted to the right person. Jumper was missing June so badly, so I thought I'd help them to find June. I don't think I'm a bully either. What do you know... we found something you disagree with June on ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#252399 May 20, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
By the way, Thomas (or anyone) how do I change my font?
If you're trying to change the font here on the forum, you can't really do that.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252400 May 20, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Force how? What about the fact that the government implants torture devices in men's bodies without their consent, so that men can be forced under the duress of torture to sacrifice their lives in combat, so that women can be free to tyrannize men, so that women can be free to use men to satisfy their wanton lusts, and kill their babies? What sort of a man willingly sacrifices his life in combat for a society of fascist conniving women, and their legion of naked sycophantic men.
LOL!

You either need professional help badly, or you're fairly creative at pretending you do ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#252401 May 20, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
Unborn babies can learn languages:
http://www.thelocal.se/47820/20130510/#.UZkc8...
and to think that there are many here who would assent to them being killed in the womb!
Ahah... the "scientists" "concluded" this based on how intently they sucked their pacifiers when exposed to either English or Swedish. Absolute proof!! LOL!

“=”

Appleton WI

#252402 May 20, 2013
Franck wrote:
<quoted text>
No need telling June that. She thinks she knows everything.
What you told her has been told to her before. She keeps regurgitating the same old thing. Over and over again.
OMG, I knew I smelled a Franck ;)

“Never look back unless”

you're in a rough neighborhood

#252403 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose religion will prevail?
Every day there are more divisions among religion than ever. They all preach of unity, while they continually divide into right-fighting groups.
I suggest you show me proof of any sign that religion will unify believers into one cohesive unite.
All of them, none of them, some of them. Only time will tell. Perhaps atheism, while not an organized religion but a fairly unified belief, will ultimately have the most adherents. Iow, June you are not alone.

“Never look back unless”

you're in a rough neighborhood

#252404 May 20, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon Lady Junket.......hope all is well with ya........yes, they do......this is evident on other religious forums and threads!!!
Greetings dear Lady R! Yes, the threads regarding religion smolder with hatred. This thread I've tracked for a very long time and this one is plenty. Finding more ugly elsewhere would seriously interfere with my mojo.
:-)
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252405 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a person who isn't self-righteous, and I will show you one that is dead.
You don't know what it means do you? That's okay. The "good christians" don't either. Funny how you all think that "sin" is always something someone ELSE does. Either of you would NEVER do THAT:-)
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252406 May 20, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, I knew I smelled a Franck ;)
Oh, I wish I was an Oscar Myer Weiner..........Sing it with me!! No pork though. That would be against biblical teaching and EVERYONE knows these soldiers of god say EVERYTHING in the bible is the word of god:-)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252407 May 20, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what it means do you? That's okay. The "good christians" don't either. Funny how you all think that "sin" is always something someone ELSE does. Either of you would NEVER do THAT:-)
I suggest you look in your own mirror.

As are we all, you are here to argue your points ... not agree with others.

You called someone a "Jesus freak" the other day, and yet you lecture me about how to show respect of other people's beliefs???

You have some nerve.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252408 May 20, 2013
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them, none of them, some of them. Only time will tell. Perhaps atheism, while not an organized religion but a fairly unified belief, will ultimately have the most adherents. Iow, June you are not alone.
I doubt that Atheism will ever win out over religion. People like to be told that they are special to gods or goddesses. If that were not so, religion would not be so popular.

If people valued other religions as they valued their own, we could have at least a semblance of peace in the world.

But I doubt that it will ever occur.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252409 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a crock.
If Jesus lived, he supported his father's will that people should stone homosexuals and others to death.
He also supported his father keeping the devil on the payroll as his helper to burn rejects in hell.
I suggest you stop with the foolishness.
Oh DEAR!! Trying to SAVE me. Just like your "good christian" brothers and sisters. It hasn't escaped my (or any one elses) notice how angry and upset you get when the similarities are pointed out. No matter what side of the fence you're on. Being self-righteous and judgemental doesn't need a religion. Just needs people who think they are so right about everything they can SAVE those, er, "sinners":-)
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252410 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you look in your own mirror.
As are we all, you are here to argue your points ... not agree with others.
You called someone a "Jesus freak" the other day, and yet you lecture me about how to show respect of other people's beliefs???
You have some nerve.

But you don't argue June. You insult and bully that YOUR way is the right way, the only way. Just like your "good christian" brothers and sisters. Rather imagining you coming down off the mountain with a couple of stone tablets preaching. Really pisses you off that the comparison is made doesn't it? Your pissed off because it's true:-)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252412 May 21, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh DEAR!! Trying to SAVE me. Just like your "good christian" brothers and sisters. It hasn't escaped my (or any one elses) notice how angry and upset you get when the similarities are pointed out. No matter what side of the fence you're on. Being self-righteous and judgemental doesn't need a religion. Just needs people who think they are so right about everything they can SAVE those, er, "sinners":-)
Christians believe they are saved from all that nasty stuff by Jesus. But you seem to believe you have saved your self from having any inclinations to be self-righteous or judgmental.

I believe that we are ALL self-righteous and judgmental. If we were not, we would not BE on a forum ... or on earth for that matter.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252413 May 21, 2013
Southern Reaper wrote:
I would like to know who exactly gave the Catholic Church the authority to rule over everyone else's lives.
When people believe they have the only righteous path to bliss in an afterlife ... they often believe it is necessary and expected of them by "god" to secure the same one and only divine path for all others.

Even though others don't take being put upon to convert as a gift, I believe the intention of those trying to convert others to their own religion, is "meant" as a gift.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following

At this time we aim; because it is our firm conviction that we, as a Protestant nation, have received our principles from God, and that he has assigned to us the sublime mission and the glorious destiny of making them universal.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252415 May 21, 2013
I remember at times when I was in a blissful state of mind because of my religious beliefs, I wanted to share my joy with others.

I couldn't understand why so many of them weren't receptive.

Now I understand.

Why my Atheist husband put up with so many years of my trying to convert him, is a testament to his staying power. I meant it as a gift, but of course by my not being able to see from his point of view, I overlooked the fact that he took my insistence to convert him as an insult.

Now that we are both Atheists, life has become much easier for him.

I apologized to him several times, and he accepted my apologies.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252416 May 21, 2013
Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
It does seem to encourage world domination, doesn't it? I think I prefer Taoism.
I studied the dogmas in most all religions, and I find that the principle of religion reverts back to "What's in it for me."

And once people find something in it for their selves, they are certain it's the answer to what was the mysteries of life, which have now been "solved."

Then the fighting starts about who is "enlightened" to truth.

I finally admitted to myself that I don't know what happens after death, and in turn I also don't believe others know.

Faith in the rightness of personalized dogmas does not in any way contribute to even a semblance of peace on earth.

Ego divides ... and what divides can't unite.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#252418 May 21, 2013
Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's a healthy perspective to have. Personally, I choose to believe as I will and leave others to do the same. I won't push anything on them, but I admit I get angry when I see people using their indoctrinated children to push their particular brand of religion/fantasy on others. I actually blessed a Jehova's Witness out for that, once. He had the nerve to show up on my doorstep in the early hours of morning with his son and daughter, introduce them to me and ask if I would listen to their account of his savior.
I told him that I would have delighted in reporting him for child abuse if it were only illegal to misuse children in such a manner.
Shameful.
It's difficult for them to understand from any other way of perceiving when they have been so very indoctrinated to believe that they are giving a wonderful gift to their children and others.

I've had many Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door with children, but they never asked the children to speak at all.

I've always been polite to them, but we usually just talk about the weather, and gardening and such.

I do read the AWAKE magazine, but not for the reason of converting. I just like to study what they believe.
Svaha

Saint Petersburg, FL

#252419 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe they are saved from all that nasty stuff by Jesus. But you seem to believe you have saved your self from having any inclinations to be self-righteous or judgmental.
I believe that we are ALL self-righteous and judgmental. If we were not, we would not BE on a forum ... or on earth for that matter.
So what? Why would I care what christians believe? Why do you? How would you know WHAT I believe? You ask people what they believe and, if you don't like the answer, you PREACH at them like any "good christian" would. You're a self-righteous person obsessing over what OTHER people believe. Just like the "good christians".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 13 min Ericka Lane Halfp... 1,750
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 15 min Poof1 8,119
News GOP proposes protections for already protected ... 37 min Christsharian Law 11
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 41 min nhjeff 461
News Elkhart mayor asks city council to withdraw LGB... 1 hr Jon Boy 27
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 1 hr MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 6,573
News Boy Scouts of America ends ban on gay adults 1 hr Jon Boy 69
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 1 hr WasteWater 831
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 hr WasteWater 1,190
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Wondering 24,092
More from around the web