Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#255384 Jan 26, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How you go from 15% to 21% and call that a thirtyfive % increase? The article says the saturation has varied little.
What's 35% of 15?
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255385 Jan 26, 2015
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
What's 35% of 15?
Ok I get your math. The article also says it could be why the dinos died out making way for mammals to develope. Almost looks like a plan.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255386 Jan 26, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> No insult intended but it seems to me that most Atheist's idea of "the God of the Bible" is an angry God. IMHO This god is fabricated by referring only to those times in the O.T. when God was (justifiably) angry and by ignoring verses where He was protecting and providing for His people and where He expresses His love for them.. "Fear not for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name: you are mine. When you pass through the water, I will be with you.. the flames shall not consume you.. Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you.." Isaiah 43:1-4
I'm not ignoring any particular verses, but I'm certainly NOT ignoring the OT either. A loving god doesn't cancel out a psychotic genocidal god. And this goes to the point I've been trying to make, but some of you either can't comprehend, or refuse to acknowledge it...

This god is NOT "justifiably angry." An all knowing God who created the universe would have known everything that would happen before it happened. Regardless of what choices people made with their supposed free will, this god, according to common belief, would have set everything in motion that allegedly made him angry. It's like lighting the fuse of a bomb and then getting angry that it exploded.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255387 Jan 26, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No isn't false. You don't seem to be able to establish a difference in your mind between any religious person and and a religious terrorist. You put them all in the same box.
YES, it IS false. I'm sorry to inform you... but my REALITY trumps your PERCEPTION. YOU don't seem to be able to establish a difference between your own ignorant perception and reality. Just because you PERCEIVE me this way, doesn't mean I actually am. I do NOT put them all in the same box. You would understand this if you were paying any attention to my posts. Your perception of me is 100% false, even if you insist on denying it.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255388 Jan 26, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, it IS false. I'm sorry to inform you... but my REALITY trumps your PERCEPTION. YOU don't seem to be able to establish a difference between your own ignorant perception and reality. Just because you PERCEIVE me this way, doesn't mean I actually am. I do NOT put them all in the same box. You would understand this if you were paying any attention to my posts. Your perception of me is 100% false, even if you insist on denying it.
Don't be sorry, glad to hear that you can tell the difference.

Location hidden

#255389 Jan 26, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I get your math. The article also says it could be why the dinos died out making way for mammals to develope. Almost looks like a plan.
That looks like the opposite of a plan to me.

If an all-powerful being wanted human beings around, I'd expect he would make them in an instant (a la Genesis), not decide to slowly turn up oxygen levels in order for mammals to develop and advance over hundreds of millions of years.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255390 Jan 26, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not ignoring any particular verses, but I'm certainly NOT ignoring the OT either. A loving god doesn't cancel out a psychotic genocidal god. And this goes to the point I've been trying to make, but some of you either can't comprehend, or refuse to acknowledge it...
This god is NOT "justifiably angry." An all knowing God who created the universe would have known everything that would happen before it happened. Regardless of what choices people made with their supposed free will, this god, according to common belief, would have set everything in motion that allegedly made him angry. It's like lighting the fuse of a bomb and then getting angry that it exploded.
Listen to yourself. "A loving God doesn't..An all knowing God would have.." How would YOU know.. what an all knowing God doesn't do or would have done? You should set aside your preconceptions about how God should run His universe long enough to read the book of Job. He was another creature who thought his Creator should do things his way. God listened to his grievances and finally said, "Who is this that obscures divine plans with words of ignorance? Gird up your loins now, like a man. I will question you, and you must answer. Where were you when the foundations of the earth were laid?.. Have you ever commanded the morning and shown the dawn it's place?.. Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?.. Do you give the horse his strength?.. Which is the way to the dwelling place of light?.. Would you condemn me that you might be justified?- Job got it! He answered.. "I know that you can do great things and that no purpose of yours can be hindered. I have dealt with great things that I do not understand; things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know.. but now my eye has seen you. Therefore I disown what I have said, and repent in dust and ashes."
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255391 Jan 27, 2015
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
That looks like the opposite of a plan to me.
If an all-powerful being wanted human beings around, I'd expect he would make them in an instant (a la Genesis), not decide to slowly turn up oxygen levels in order for mammals to develop and advance over hundreds of millions of years.
Yeah, you are probably right, we are just a random happenstance. Eveything just fell into line perfectly by accident.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255393 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If not the God of the bible, then who?
How would I know? As an agnostic, it's okay to admit we don't know some things instead of making things up to pretend we have all the answers.

There have been thousands of gods and thousands of religions. I see no reason to believe the god of the bible is any more real than Zeus or Thor or any other ancient mythological gods.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255394 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it make sense that a world with just the right balance of water air and earth with the perfect renewal system in just the right place is a random happening? That the earth is just the right distance from the sun and with a moon controlling tides and a exact composition of gases to support life. with the perfect atmoshere to protect us from the sun and a perfect crust to protect us from earth's molten center, for you, is happenstance. This would be hard for me to believe, along with the idea that there is no rhyme or reason to our existance. That we don't matter and nothing we do is of any importance. Because if there is no God than we aren't worth a fly.
As much as anything makes sense, yes.... it makes sense to me. Again, I can't force myself to believe something that I don't believe just because it would be comforting.

Obviously, for you the thought of humans being rather insignificant in the universe makes you uncomfortable. For me, the thought of the god as described in the bible deciding all our fates for eternity, makes me a little uncomfortable. Fortunately, I believe that god is a myth that men invented, not a reality.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255395 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point. You think that if there is a God he would have created a world where only perfect people lived. They would have no temptations or strife and Eden would have continued. Since He didn't then He must be evil because He knew folks would sin and then He could punish them.
I believe that He is all knowing and ultimately knows whether or not you and I will die believing and loving. He gives us every opportunity and He has the patience to never give up on us. This is only my opinion.
And again, you do NOT get my point... and again, you try telling me what I believe, and you're way off the mark. Look.... you're perfectly welcome to believe whatever you want to believe. Just STOP trying to tell ME what I believe, and let ME handle that, okay?

Location hidden

#255396 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you are probably right, we are just a random happenstance. Eveything just fell into line perfectly by accident.
There is nothing that fell in line perfectly.

It's like there was a lottery and the winnings numbers were 01 06 11 43 47 and the person who wins says "I was meant to win!", but if the numbers were something else, that some other person would say the same thing.

Did everything "fall in line perfectly" for the worms who lived on Earth in the precambrian? Did everything "fall in line perfectly" for dinosaurs in the cretaceous?

“=”

Appleton WI

#255397 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that this planet was created by something for the sole purpose ofsupporting human life.
It may seem that way to you, but if one takes a good look at the big picture, that "seems" a ridiculous conclusion to come to. The age of this planet, the size and age of the universe, etc. On the grand scale of this universe, humans have only existed for a nanosecond, and as far as we know, only exist on this tiny spec of dust, and will be gone long before the universe is gone.

Watch some friggin COSMOS for gods sake.

Location hidden

#255398 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that play into human evolution for you? At what point in the evolution from monkey to man did a soul arrive?
At no point. The soul is a human invention.

You might as well ask what point in cat evolution the Krigov arrived.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255399 Jan 27, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> No. No. Not God. It was WOMEN to whom the Supreme Court gave "the right to choose".. to slaughter little innocent children. 52 MILLION so far since Roe V Wade.
Oh.

You're one of those.

I'll try to remember in the future when communicating with you that when women decide to terminate a pregnancy, you perceive them as "slaughtering innocent children." It gives me an idea of how level-headed and rational you are... and how you must be in such emotional torment for all those slughtered innocent children.

But when GOD does it, well.... we humans are just not capable of understanding GODS ways.... because GOD made us that way, so it must be how he wanted things... you know... make sure these humans love, worship and obey me, but we CAN'T have them UNDERSTANDING my reasons for things.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255400 Jan 27, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Many planets have existed for billions of years without life. So far only earth is arranged for human life. If you believe in evolution then surely you can see everything on earth is dominated by man. We are the species tasked with caring for the planet.
"Arranged?" This planet has gone through many cycles where diffetrent species dominated. Humans are complete newbies to the earth, and will likely be gone before other forms of life. And for a species that is allegedly "tasked with caring for the planet," we are doing a LOUSY job of it. Mans existance on this planet and in this universe is not even a blip on the radar.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255401 Jan 27, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Listen to yourself. "A loving God doesn't..An all knowing God would have.." How would YOU know.. what an all knowing God doesn't do or would have done? You should set aside your preconceptions about how God should run His universe long enough to read the book of Job. He was another creature who thought his Creator should do things his way. God listened to his grievances and finally said, "Who is this that obscures divine plans with words of ignorance? Gird up your loins now, like a man. I will question you, and you must answer. Where were you when the foundations of the earth were laid?.. Have you ever commanded the morning and shown the dawn it's place?.. Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?.. Do you give the horse his strength?.. Which is the way to the dwelling place of light?.. Would you condemn me that you might be justified?- Job got it! He answered.. "I know that you can do great things and that no purpose of yours can be hindered. I have dealt with great things that I do not understand; things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know.. but now my eye has seen you. Therefore I disown what I have said, and repent in dust and ashes."
You're RIGHT. I DON'T know. And neither did the primitive ancient superstitious fishermen and sheep herders who "wrote" the bible. They made it up. AND a lot of what they made up wasn't even original. They modified stories from even older, more superstitious ancient religions to create what we now call Christianity. You're not going to educate me by quoting bible verses or telling me which ones to read.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255403 Jan 28, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that play into human evolution for you? At what point in the evolution from monkey to man did a soul arrive?
It happened at the point when man invented the abstract concept. At around the same time when man decided that if he believes in something, it must be real... even if it isn't.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255404 Jan 28, 2015
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent, incest aside, how is forcing a rape victim to carry their rapist's child to term just?
And if we put this in the context of the bible... GOD goes even further and demands that the rapist MARRY his victim.... except the bible doesn't refer to them as victims. If a woman is raped, she is more like damaged goods.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#255405 Jan 29, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened at the point when man invented the abstract concept. At around the same time when man decided that if he believes in something, it must be real... even if it isn't.
The following quote pretty well tells us about religion and all kinds of beliefs that feel the need to control people.

"There are almost 5000 gods being worshiped by humanity but don't worry only YOURS is right."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 min Cath League of Du... 401
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Respect71 44,250
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 35 min majority 5,058
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr carter county res... 24,150
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 3 hr June VanDerMark 12,719
News 'I am appalled and disgusted': Councillor accus... 3 hr Rainbow Kid 2
News Idaho man charged with federal hate crime in fa... 5 hr Frogface Kate 5
More from around the web