Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255303 Jan 20, 2015
nOgOd wrote:
“The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost
duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It
will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation
has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our
national morality, and the family as the basis of national life….”
[Adolf Hitler, Berlin, February 1, 1933]
“Today Christians … stand at the head of [this country]… I pledge
that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy
Christianity .. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian
spirit … We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in
literature, in the theater, and in the press – in short, we want to
burn out the *poison of immorality* which has entered into our whole
life and culture as a result of *liberal excess* during the past …
(few) years.”
[The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford
University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872]
<quoted text>
Hitler argued that the lack of compromise in Catholic dogma could be used as a model for Nazi Party "dogmas," implying the establishment of a dogmatic ideological faith that would be intolerant of any other such faith. In practice, however, the Nazis played fast and loose with their "party dogmas" in order to achieve political gains.

Which brings us to the third perspective - was Hitler a Christian? Emphatically not, if we consider Christianity in its traditional or orthodox form: Jesus as the son of God, dying for the redemption of the sins of all humankind. It is a nonsense to state that Hitler (or any of the Nazis) adhered to Christianity of this form.

The idea of universal salvation through Christ dying on the cross - the core concern of the recent celebration of Easter - was complete anathema to the Nazis, who adhered to salvation by race rather than grace. However, it is equally true that there were leading Nazis who adhered to a form of Christianity that had been "aryanised."

Overall, one could argue that all the leading Nazis measured religion by a series of racial hurdles, meaning that: Jesus could not be Jewish, he had to be Aryan; a heroic fighter, not a passive sacrifice; the Old Testament had to be rejected, and the New Testament purged.

In handwritten notes, Hitler also argued for a critical review of the Bible, to discover what sections met an "Aryan" spirit. In these same notes, he took a "biogenetic" history as the main biblical emphasis, arguing that original sin was solely racial degeneration - sin against the blood.

Some Nazis believed Christianity as a whole was too "judaised" to leap the racial hurdle for a religion appropriate to the German "racial soul" and "Germanic morality." Yet Hitler did voice a great deal of support for an "Aryan" Christ, generally a figure who fitted completely with his own agenda: a violent anti-Semite named Jesus.
abc.net .au
kent

Hudson, OH

#255304 Jan 20, 2015
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also been predominantly white. Would you call us a "white nation"?
<quoted text>
He said that on the mic. But he wasn't describing Christians, he was describing his view of small-town Americans who had lost their jobs and become extreme in their viewpoints.
When I said this was and is a predominately Christian nation. I was not excluding blacks. I like what Martin Luther King Jr. said about racial prejudice.. "Why is it SO necessary to have someone to look down on?"
What I got from the internet was that the quote you give was Obama later doing damage control after he was criticized for describing Christians as "..clinging to their guns and religion.."
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255305 Jan 20, 2015
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a Kenyan Muslim and sympathizes with radical Islam. That's why he won't denounce them or wage war against them. There can be no other explanation.
(If he really wanted to slaughter them he would put them all before his famous OBAMACARE Death Panels.)
His muslim name is Barak Hussien Obama

He grew up muslim and his mother taught him humanism.

http://www.irfi.org/articles/articles_1801_18...
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255306 Jan 20, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... yeah, man is terrible... but for bekievers in a GOD...
WHO CREATED THESE TERRIBLE MEN KNOWING HOW TERRIBLE THEY WOULD BE?
DO YOU GET THE POINT NOW, OR AM I WASTING MY TIME?
Man has a choice to be good or evil. I f you have children then you know they have the choice to be good or evil. If you have given them the tools for god, can you be blamed if they turn out evil?

Should you not have had kids because they might be mass murderers?
kent

Hudson, OH

#255307 Jan 20, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... yeah, man is terrible... but for bekievers in a GOD...
WHO CREATED THESE TERRIBLE MEN KNOWING HOW TERRIBLE THEY WOULD BE?
DO YOU GET THE POINT NOW, OR AM I WASTING MY TIME?
God created these men with the FREE will to choose Him and live by His commandments OR to reject Him and live by their evil inclinations. THEIR choice.. NOT God's! Would you rather that God had created us like robots who had no free choice BUT to do His will? And I have good news. It does not matter how terrible your choices have been. God waits to forgive ANY terrible man who sincerely regrets what he has done! Been there - done that. The only real "waste of time" is to not call upon His mercy.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255308 Jan 20, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> I call America a Christian country not only because our forefathers based our constitution upon Judeo/Christian morality, but because 80% of Americans claim today to be Christian when polled.
Most of the framers of the Constitution were Deists. Morality does not come from religion, judeo-christian or otherwise. I'm not arguing that most U.S. citizens aren't Christian, although that number is declining... I'm just saying that is each individuals personal choice... it is not recognized as the official national religion, as that would be unconstitutional.
kent wrote:
I AM familiar with the first amendment which starts with.. " Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.." So it is the GOVERNMENT who is to establish no religion or interfere with those practicing their religion!
So? Did I imply that people were not allowed to be religious? Did I imply that it was anyone else besides the government that are not allowed to establish a national government? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make that I don't already know... or WTF exactly you think you're disagreeing with me about.
kent wrote:
And I was not referring to Russia today. I was referring to the Atheistic Communist Russia that began with their revolution in 1917 to about when the Berlin wall came down and Poland (with the encouragement of Pope John Paul II, Wes Wolinsky and President Reagan) revolted against their Atheistic Communist masters. The Protestant Churches and the Catholic Church had been driven underground and a phony STATE Church was forced upon them.
Thanks for the history lesson... but WHY are you talking about Ruissia a hundred years ago? How is that relevant to anything we were discussing?
kent wrote:
Atheistic Communist China STILL has Ministers and two Bishops in prison! I agree that Atheists say there is no God. But.. if they really, deep down believe that.. why do they get SO angry with God?- I don't believe in Atheists!
You make no sense. So, because the Chinese govt. has ministers and bishops in prison, this is how ALL atheists should be characterized? If this is not the point your'e trying to make, what exactly IS?

Again, atheists do not get angry at god. They don't believe in a god so how can they be angry at a being they don't believe exists?

And if you want to deny the existence of atheists, that's your deal, but they do indeed exist, and they're much easier to find than any god. Unless you're trying to claim that those who claim to be atheists are just lying. If thats the case, explain why, and then how do you prove it?

“=”

Appleton WI

#255309 Jan 20, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> When scientists endeavor to find physical facts about the universe and are sometimes wrong, you call it a search for truth. But when religious endeavor to find spiritual facts about the universe and are sometimes wrong, you call it another example of arrogance. How do you explain a scientist discovering a spiritual truth.. and a religious discovering a scientific truth? Does the scientist become "arrogant." Does the religious become a "searcher for truth"? When it was proven to Albert Einstein that the universe had a beginning he dropped his belief in the Steady State Theory and admitted that, if the universe had a beginning, then it had to have a Beginner! Which he referred to as a supreme power. And it was a scientist/PRIEST, father Lemay, who proposed the widely accepted Big Bang Theory.
You know what... this is just so choc-full-o-nonsense and irrelevant, scattered, non-sequitur gibberish, I'm not going to bother with it.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255310 Jan 20, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>So, belief in Buddhist radical terrorists is based on faith, not experience.
Actually, it IS based on experience, as well as statistics, or the law of averages. I'm sure that radical Buddhists are not very common, but nutcases come from all walks of life and all corners of the earth, including, but certainly not limited to Christians and Muslims. But this little tangent about radical Buddhists really isn't germane to anything, is it?
Brian_G wrote:
The Islamist State .........
Again... wrong thread, buddy. It's NOT the topic here.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255311 Jan 20, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He truly can't see the difference. Pity. To listen to him Catholics are flying planes into building, beheading folks and extermination whole groups of peoples.
100% FALSE

Pity you have to be a damned liar to defend your precious church ar all costs.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255312 Jan 20, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right, to him waging war on women and gays is a metaphor but to the radical Islamists, that's their duty.
As he posts, women, gays and children are being enslaved, raped and murdered from Mali to the Philippines. Jews gunned down in a Paris market and most of Charlie Hebdo staff and guards murdered but he can't talk about it; not the right metaphor to fit the bias.
I'm not denying that any of this is happeneing. It's just not the topic here, and in the context of this thread, it IS a metaphor. There MUST be MANY threads here on Topix that are actually discussing the Islamic State. There's nothing wrong with you wanting to discuss it, this just isn't the thread for it.

Now excuse me while I go to a thread about sports cars and talk about nothing but dump trucks.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255313 Jan 20, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Man has a choice to be good or evil. I f you have children then you know they have the choice to be good or evil. If you have given them the tools for god, can you be blamed if they turn out evil?
Should you not have had kids because they might be mass murderers?
Well, that answers my question. No, you DON'T get my point at all. Either you're just not wired with an ability to comprehend the simple concept, or your indoctrination has all but removed that ability.

Is the god you believe in "all knowing?"

“=”

Appleton WI

#255314 Jan 20, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> God created these men with the FREE will to choose Him and live by His commandments OR to reject Him and live by their evil inclinations. THEIR choice.. NOT God's! Would you rather that God had created us like robots who had no free choice BUT to do His will? And I have good news. It does not matter how terrible your choices have been. God waits to forgive ANY terrible man who sincerely regrets what he has done! Been there - done that. The only real "waste of time" is to not call upon His mercy.
Ignore for just a moment what choices MAN with free will supposedly made. Look at the choice this god supposedly made. Does GOD not knALL, including the future? Did he not (in your belief) create all mankind KNOWING every single "terrible choice" that would ever be made?

I don't need forgiveness from a being that supposedly created me knowing every single choice I would ever make. Only forgiveness I seek is from myself and anyone I've ever harmed. God? If that creature exists, it is HE who needs OUR forgiveness.

But seeing all your responses so far, I fully expect you will continue to NOT SEE THE POINT at all
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

#255315 Jan 21, 2015
I was holding out for you bunky, but it is clear that you are so totally [email protected] that you cannot rationally comprehend any fact about history, science or life in general.
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for adding two more of Hitler's rationalizations for "purifying" the Aryan race by mass murder.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255316 Jan 21, 2015
Tre H wrote:
I'm not denying that any of this is happening. It's just not the topic here, and in the context of this thread, it IS a metaphor. There MUST be MANY threads here on Topix that are actually discussing the Islamic State. There's nothing wrong with you wanting to discuss it, this just isn't the thread for it. Now excuse me while I go to a thread about sports cars and talk about nothing but dump trucks.
The thread's topix is war against women and gays, not metaphor. The Catholic Church is on our side, protecting us from radical Islamists are murderers.

Don't fight the last war, the crusades ended a almost a thousand years ago.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#255317 Jan 21, 2015
nOgOd wrote:
Did you read all of Mein Kampf or just cut and paste stuff you found online?

“=”

Appleton WI

#255318 Jan 21, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The thread's topix is war against women and gays, not metaphor. The Catholic Church is on our side, protecting us from radical Islamists are murderers.
Don't fight the last war, the crusades ended a almost a thousand years ago.
We've been through this before. This thread began over seven years ago. No one was talking about Islamic State back then, and this thread has nothing to do with it. NOTHING. In the headline of the thread, and the accompanying article, the "War on women and gays" IS a metaphor, even if you insist on denying it, or continue to fail understanding that.

But I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not really that stupid. You're either doing this to get a rise out of me, or because you're obsessively focused on Islamic State and are not capable of discusssing any other issues without somehow including Islamic State, no matter how completely uunrelated it is to the actual topic.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#255319 Jan 21, 2015
They attacked us on 9/11, murdered women and gays aboard airlines and in the towers and the Catholic church mourned their loss. Let's discuss reality, not lies. In the most important battles of our lives, the Catholic Church is in the forefront, saving the lives of women and gays.

I'm sorry for your past experience with the church, but that doesn't matter now.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255321 Jan 22, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what... this is just so choc-full-o-nonsense and irrelevant, scattered, non-sequitur gibberish, I'm not going to bother with it.
In that case let me pass on to you a pearl of wisdom that my Atheist Mom gave to me years ago.. "If someone can prove to you that one of your most cherished beliefs is wrong.. drop it like a hot potatoe!" Only thing? Taking that advise brought me to see that Atheism offers no Hope.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255322 Jan 22, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore for just a moment what choices MAN with free will supposedly made. Look at the choice this god supposedly made. Does GOD not knALL, including the future? Did he not (in your belief) create all mankind KNOWING every single "terrible choice" that would ever be made?
I don't need forgiveness from a being that supposedly created me knowing every single choice I would ever make. Only forgiveness I seek is from myself and anyone I've ever harmed. God? If that creature exists, it is HE who needs OUR forgiveness.
But seeing all your responses so far, I fully expect you will continue to NOT SEE THE POINT at all
I see your point. I just think that blaming God for creating you with the freedom to choose good or evil is fallacious and unfair. It ignores the fact that God so loved the world that He put on flesh so He could allow Himself to be tortured to death to pay the price of our sins and open Heaven to us. How is that the mean, unloving, God that you feel you must not believe in? Jesus/God said.. "Until now you have called me master and that is true. But now I call you friend, and I lay down my life for you."

“=”

Appleton WI

#255323 Jan 22, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> In that case let me pass on to you a pearl of wisdom that my Atheist Mom gave to me years ago.. "If someone can prove to you that one of your most cherished beliefs is wrong.. drop it like a hot potatoe!" Only thing? Taking that advise brought me to see that Atheism offers no Hope.
I've said before that I somertimes envy those who believe they KNOW their purpose and KNOW they will be receiving some kind of reward in the afterlife. It must be very comforting. Yet I can't force myself to believe what doesn't make sense to me just because it would be comforting to do so.

Would I LIKE to believe there's a loving god who will make sure we can have eternal happiness? Sure.

Do I really believe it? Nope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malta bans 'gay cure' conversion therapy 6 min Trump Wins 1
News Transgender student named king of Kansas school... 7 min Trump Wins 4
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 7 min Imprtnrd 2,247
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 8 min Trump Wins 19
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 9 min Trump Wins 241
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 1 hr greekboy26 27
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 6 hr Truth Sayer 1 942
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr Truth Sayer 1 42,928
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 hr Betty Davis 22,495
More from around the web