Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217999 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub

Philadelphia, PA

#254768 Jun 14, 2014
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Crowley, what went
So you're planning to go to a mall and start shooting. Just post the time and place beforehand and all will be well.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#254769 Jun 14, 2014
Ted Haggard s Gospel Rub wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're planning to go to a mall and start shooting. Just post the time and place beforehand and all will be well.
Aleister Crowley ( born Edward Alexander Crowley; 12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947) was an English occultist, ceremonial magician, poet, painter, novelist, and mountaineer. He was responsible for founding the religion and philosophy of Thelema, in which role he identified himself as the prophet entrusted with guiding humanity into the Aeon of Horus in the early 20th century.
In the religion of Thelema, it is believed that the history of humanity can be divided into a series of aeons, each of which was accompanied by its own forms of "magical and religious expression". The first of these was the Aeon of Isis, which Thelemites believed occurred during prehistory and which saw mankind worshipping a Great Goddess, symbolised by the ancient Egyptian deity Isis. In Thelemite beliefs, this was followed by the Aeon of Osiris, a period that took place in the classical and mediaeval centuries, when humanity worshipped a singular male god, symbolised by the Egyptian god Osiris, and was therefore dominated by patriarchal values. And finally the third aeon, the Aeon of Horus, which was controlled by the child god, symbolised by Horus. In this new aeon, Thelemites believe that humanity will enter a time of self-realization and self-actualization.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#254770 Jun 15, 2014
I wrote: I know keeping marriage one man and one woman is unfair to some gays and I don't feel good about that. Keeping standards always hurts those who fail, life is unfair. I never promised you a rose garden.

You're a serial moron - climate science denial, you sexual sickness of homophobia and who knows what else? And yes, demeaning anti rational, bigoted, reprobate, childish, ignorant tee baggrz and fundies is not only enjoyable in karmic terms - after all the defamation and lies they have vomited over the years - but it's a social necessity.
^^^This is ad hominem irrationality, mere insult instead of reasoned argument.

If that's the issue - rather than the rank, homophobic bigotry and misogyny that actually is the underlying issue - then you'd be expending similar effort to bar single persons from breeding and you'd be trying to get children in single parent families out of those situations. You're a bigot is all, trash.
^^^More ad hominem fallacy, not a single reasoned argument about marriage. The left has problems with logic so they use juvenile insults instead.

You're a defaming bigot who lies, as the above two sentence fragments show.
^^Yet again, not a single reasoned argument against keeping marriage one man and one woman or justifying the government license of sex segregation in marriage. That's because segregation is based on discrimination, prejudice and bigotry, not reason or social policy to create the greatest good for the greatest numbers.

I understand your anger and frustration but rudeness, violating social norms and morals won't win friends and influence people.

Home, sweet home.

#254771 Jun 15, 2014
Is there anybody who advocates one man and one woman marriage, you don't think is a moron?
lides wrote:
Brian, I have a problem with anyone stupid enough to argue against equality under the law for fellow citizens, absent a compelling governmental interest served by denying such protection. You are an idiot, because you cannot support your argument with facts, and because you are arguing against the US Constitution, as well as fellow countrymen. Doing so is not only unintelligent, it is cowardly.
So, the answer is no, lides believes all advocates of one man and one woman marriage is a moron.

I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian -- for me -- for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix.
B. Obama
August 17 2008
Frick-N-Frack

Livermore, CA

#254773 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Is there anybody who advocates one man and one woman marriage, you don't think is a moron?
<quoted text>So, the answer is no, lides believes all advocates of one man and one woman marriage is a moron.
I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian -- for me -- for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God's in the mix.
B. Obama
August 17 2008
Obama evolved like so many others until now proponents of marriage equality are now in the majority ! You've lost the war,it's over so get used to it ! You don't have to like it but you DO have to live with it ! We don't live in a theocracy so keep your bible out of it as it has no bearing on the question ! The Constitution trumps your book of fables and that's the way it is ! Within 2 or 3 years marriage equality will be the law of the land so to bad so sad get over your bigoted moronic one trick pony self ! Glad I could clear that up for you !7873

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#254774 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I'm not arguing for inequality, lides does that by advocating government license sex segregation marriage, based in discrimination, prejudice and bigotry.
Actually, that is exactly what you are arguing in favor of, Brian. Sorry, kiddo, you support inequality.
Brian_G wrote:
I'm arguing for the perfect equality of one and one woman marriage, sex integration and diversity. A gay man may marry a lesbian in every state and swap with like minded couples in every state, travel to and from jurisdictions are legal; the issue isn't freedom or equality.
Which is to say, you are arguing for some people to be excluded from equality under the law.
Own the argument, Brian. You want some of your fellow countrymen to be considered as lesser people, with less than equal protection of the law.
Brian_G wrote:
The state has a compelling interest that children are raised by their mother and father, a compelling argument for sex integration marriage if you don't believe in integration itself.
Sorry, kiddo, it doesn't. The state does not force unwed couples to marry, nor does it prevent divorce, even in cases where children are present. Your rationalization that legal marriage exists in order to ensure wedlock for child birth/rearing is utterly inept.
Brian_G wrote:
I support racial, religious and ethnic integrated marriages too, though you can't ever achieve the perfect integration of husband and wife marriage because those traits aren't binary except male/female.
Sorry, kiddo, this hardly rises to the level of being a compelling governmental interest served, which would justify the exclusion of same sex couples from marriage. It also further exposes you as a hateful bigot.
Brian_G wrote:
There is no right to radically redefine marriage anywhere in our Constitution. In fact, the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female differences.
All anyone is looking for is inclusion, foolish person.
The passage you cite from the 14th Amendment has been superseded. Do you enjoy making yourself appear ignorant?
Brian_G wrote:
^^^I never call my opponents names and lides insults other posters regularly. He uses bullying insults because reason fails, he neither attends the arguments or admits opponents have integrity, intelligence or morality. That's normal for the left.
I know keeping marriage one man and one woman is unfair to some gays and I don't feel good about that. Keeping standards always hurts those who fail, life is unfair. I never promised you a rose garden.
Brian, I only call someone names that they have earned, and you have earned each and every taunt, as well as each and every insult.

"Keeping standards always hurts those who fail"? Guess what, kiddo, your side is failing, and equality will be the law of the land.

Grow up, and deal with it.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#254775 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
No, Brian, I just believe that you are a moron, and that is based upon long observation of the hypocritical and offensive opinions you have voluntarily provided.
Brian_G wrote:
So, the answer is no, lides believes all advocates of one man and one woman marriage is a moron.
B. Obama
August 17 2008
Congratulations, you have provided a hypocritical statement from the president, who has since evolved on the issue.

The reality, Brian, is that as an individual you have the right to choose your religion, and if you feel homosexuality is wrong, you have the freedom to avoid such relationships or to avoid same sex marriage FOR YOURSELF.

Advocating for fellow citizens to be treated as second-class citizens with less than equal protection of the law isn't Christian, it's bigotry.

Congratulations, you reaffirm that you are not only an idiot, but also a bigot.

Well played.
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#254776 Jun 15, 2014
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Aleister Crowley ( born Edward Alexander Crowley; 12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947) was an English occultist
Oh thanks, you Ouija bored me.
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#254777 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
I wrote: I know keeping marriage one man and one woman is unfair to some gays and I don't feel good about that. Keeping standards always hurts those who fail
There's your defamation of lgbt people and allies again - positing them as below some mullah's imaginary standards - all the while you cry like an infant about defamation being directed at cafeteria christianists and other such anti rational filth. You lie fer jaysus that you don't engage in defamation.

You have opposed every instance of lgbt rights, not just marriage equality.

Your bigoted opposition to marriage equality is not about a "mother and a father" or else you'd be similarly focused on preventing single persons from having kids. You aren't.

Your homophobic bigotry is not about the buybull or else you'd be similarly obsessed with those who covet unrepentantly. You aren't.

It's about your psychosexual disorder and your bigotry is all. And you bigots should start getting used to be rejected like rancid dog food, because you're not up to standards....
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#254778 Jun 15, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Gee, does the moron in question understand the basic mechanism of greenhouse gases? Does the moron in question make any sort of sensible "argument" against marriage equality? How about the age of the earth? Does the moron in question realize the earth is billions and not thousands of years old?

Does the moron in question realize that anti lgbt bigots are now the immoral, law breaking, un Christian, unethical, mentally and sexually ill minority group?

Hope that helps.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#254780 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not arguing for inequality, lides does that by advocating government license sex segregation marriage, based in discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. I'm arguing for the perfect equality of one and one woman marriage, sex integration and diversity. A gay man may marry a lesbian in every state and swap with like minded couples in every state, travel to and from jurisdictions are legal; the issue isn't freedom or equality.
In other threads you say you argue for morality. Here you're arguing in favor of swinging, provided both parties to a marriage are of the opposite sex AND homosexuals.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The state has a compelling interest that children are raised by their mother and father, a compelling argument for sex integration marriage if you don't believe in integration itself.
Bullshit. The state's compelling interest in children being raised by their mother and father attaches when a couple divorces and there are kids involved. If my wife and I were able to have children, and would want to have them, the State of Florida cannot tell me SQUAT on how we could raise our child.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I support racial, religious and ethnic integrated marriages too, though you can't ever achieve the perfect integration of husband and wife marriage because those traits aren't binary except male/female.

So you'd be ok with your son marrying an Orthodox Jewish woman, converting to Judaism and raising your grandchildren as Jews, not ever coming over to spend Christmas, or Easter, or Saturdays with you???? Be honest now.
[QUOTE who="Brian_G"]<qu oted text>There is no right to radically redefine marriage anywhere in our Constitution. In fact, the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female differences.
Of course not. That's why a constitutional provision defining marriage does not exist. No need to re-define something that has not been defined.
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I never call my opponents names and lides insults other posters regularly. He uses bullying insults because reason fails, he neither attends the arguments or admits opponents have integrity, intelligence or morality. That's normal for the left.
You lie a lot though.
Brian_G wrote:
I know keeping marriage one man and one woman is unfair to some gays and I don't feel good about that. Keeping standards always hurts those who fail, life is unfair. I never promised you a rose garden.
You couldn't promise your wife a rose garden if your d*ck was on the line either.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#254781 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Do you believe ad hominem argument is reasonable or do you just use it because you enjoy demeaning other people?
If you're addressing me, my post was neither an "argument" nor ad hominem. You asked about who was considered a moron and I answered.

The fact that I believe some people to be narrow-minded bigots is not just irrelevant name-calling... I have actual rational reasons for believing this.

Ad hominem would be more like just calling someone an @$$hole because I just don't like them.

Also, it is my belief that narrow-minded bigots demean themSELVES, and do not need my help in that area.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254782 Jun 16, 2014
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your party gown
Get your pigtail down
Get your heart beatin' baby
Got my timin' right
Got my act all tight
It's gotta be tonight my little
Schoolbabe
Your momma says you don't
And your Daddy says you won't
And I'm boilin' up inside
Ain't no way I'm gonna lose out this time
Tie your Mother down
Tie your Mother down
Lock your Daddy out of doors
I don't need him nosing around
Tie your Mother down
Tie your Mother down
Give me all your love tonight
You're such a dirty louse
Go get outta my house
That's all I ever get from your
Family ties, in fact I don't think I ever heard
A single little civil word
from those guys
But you know I don't give a light
I'm gonna make out all right
I've got a sweetheart hand
To put a stop to all that
Grousin' an' snipin'
Tie your Mother down
Tie your Mother down
Take your little brother swimmin'
With a brick (that's all right)
Tie your Mother down,
Tie your Mother down
Or you ain't no friend of mine
Your momma and your Daddy gonna
Plague me til I die
Why can't they understand I'm just a
Peace lovin' guy
Tie your Mother down
Tie your Mother down...etc etc...
Ahhh yes... the immortal Freddie Mercury and some of his most profound words of wisdom. Search for the lyrics of "Death On Two Legs." See if Brian cries about ad hominem ;)

“=”

Appleton WI

#254783 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not arguing for inequality, lides does that by advocating government license sex segregation marriage, based in discrimination, prejudice and bigotry. I'm arguing for the perfect equality of one and one woman marriage, sex integration and diversity. A gay man may marry a lesbian in every state and swap with like minded couples in every state, travel to and from jurisdictions are legal; the issue isn't freedom or equality.
<quoted text>The state has a compelling interest that children are raised by their mother and father, a compelling argument for sex integration marriage if you don't believe in integration itself.
<quoted text>I support racial, religious and ethnic integrated marriages too, though you can't ever achieve the perfect integration of husband and wife marriage because those traits aren't binary except male/female.
<quoted text>There is no right to radically redefine marriage anywhere in our Constitution. In fact, the 14th Amendment explicitly recognizes male and female differences.
<quoted text>^^^I never call my opponents names and lides insults other posters regularly. He uses bullying insults because reason fails, he neither attends the arguments or admits opponents have integrity, intelligence or morality. That's normal for the left.
I am not lides, but I'd like to make something perfectly clear to you Brian. When you post this kind of nonsense, I'm not just calling you names, I truly, sincerely believe that if you truly and sincerely believe the things you type here, you must be freaking batshit crazy, and even more so if you expect anyone to take it seriously.

If I didn't know better I might believe you were not actually an anti-gay bigot, but someone who is heavily spoofing or satirizing people who really are, because it's just too over the top ridiculous.

Home, sweet home.

#254784 Jun 16, 2014
Tre H wrote:
...The fact that I believe some people to be narrow-minded bigots is not just irrelevant name-calling... I have actual rational reasons for believing this....
Not "some people", he's called ALL defenders of one man and one woman marriage, "moron" and uses name-calling as the basis of his argument. I'll bet you agree, I've never seen a post from T.H. condemning insults or cyberbullying by same sex marriage advocates, or did I miss something?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“=”

Appleton WI

#254785 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
This is ad hominem irrationality, mere insult instead of reasoned argument.
Sorry bruh... your over the top insane nonsense doesn't come anywhere near to meriting any "reasoned argument." It's utter guano craziness deserves only scorn, ridicule and condescending laughter.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#254786 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Not "some people", he's called ALL defenders of one man and one woman marriage, "moron" and uses name-calling as the basis of his argument.
Yes, Brian, and I believe I have explained at great length that arguing for marriage to be between a man and a woman, and specifically to deny fellow same sex citizens equality under the law to marry, is arguing against the US Constitution, and its guarantee of equal protection.

Were you not a moron, you would understand that the state may infringe upon constitutional rights if doing so serves a compelling governmental interest. Further, were you not a moron, you would be able to either a) Identify such an interest that would render your argument constitutional, or b) realize that no such interest exists and so you are merely advancing your own bigotry against homosexuals.
Brian_G wrote:
I'll bet you agree, I've never seen a post from T.H. condemning insults or cyber bullying by same sex marriage advocates, or did I miss something?
Brian, you aren't being cyber bullied. You see, the truth is an absolute defense against defamation, and you are acting like a moron. It has been explained to you over and over again what would be needed in order for your argument to be valid and constitutional, yet you keep advancing the argument, without substantiating it with that crucial compelling governmental interest. Doing so is exactly what a moron would do in this situation, which is why I apply the label.

Face it, kiddo, you've earned it.

“=”

Appleton WI

#254787 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not "some people", he's called ALL defenders of one man and one woman marriage, "moron" and uses name-calling as the basis of his argument. I'll bet you agree, I've never seen a post from T.H. condemning insults or cyberbullying by same sex marriage advocates, or did I miss something?
Can I get you a tissue?

Home, sweet home.

#254788 Jun 16, 2014
Tre H wrote:
Can I get you a tissue?
Why>? Do you think claiming all one man and one woman marriage defenders are morons isn't more about you? Don't you believe all those who advocate government license sex segregated marriage are intellectual superiors? By the same logic, right?

There are smart people and dumb people on both sides of the debate, there are good people on the same sex marriage side and good people can disagree. There are bad people who support same sex marriage and some bad people defend marriage as husband and wife. Why can't we face reality?

Tolerance, civility and even courtesy goes further in civil discourse than ad hominem irrationality. You go your way, I'll go mine. Thanks for the input.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#254789 Jun 16, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Why>? Do you think claiming all one man and one woman marriage defenders are morons isn't more about you? Don't you believe all those who advocate government license sex segregated marriage are intellectual superiors? By the same logic, right?
I think you are confused, Brian. They aren't morons because they hold the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, they have a right to their opinion. They are morons, because they are actively arguing to hold fellow citizens as second class citizens with less than equal protection of the law, and none of them is able to produce a compelling governmental interest served by such a restriction that would render the restriction constitutional.
So you see, Brian, you are a moron because you support an unconstitutional position.
Brian_G wrote:
There are smart people and dumb people on both sides of the debate, there are good people on the same sex marriage side and good people can disagree. There are bad people who support same sex marriage and some bad people defend marriage as husband and wife. Why can't we face reality?
No, there aren't. The smart people are the ones who understand the equal protection clause, and the dumb ones are the ones arguing to restrict the rights of others, even though allowing those others equality under the law would have no impact upon the dumb ones making the argument.
Brian_G wrote:
Tolerance, civility and even courtesy goes further in civil discourse than ad hominem irrationality. You go your way, I'll go mine. Thanks for the input.
Brian, there is no need for tolerance or civility toward one who is advocating for fellow citizens to be treated as lesser. Your argument, in and of itself is not tolerant, it is not civil, and it is disrespectful both of your fellow citizens and the US Constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Frankie Rizzo 15,739
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Frankie Rizzo 38,725
News Judge who said she wouldn't marry gays fights b... 9 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 15
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 28 min Sarcasm 35
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... 2 hr Love 9
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 2 hr Love 51
News Does Wanting to See My Wife Have Sex With Anoth... (Jan '08) 2 hr Rainbow Kid 377
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 14 hr Leo 68,950
More from around the web