Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 220348 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Svaha

Largo, FL

#252275 May 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like a bratty, shallow, self-centered teenage mean girl (but still somehow popular because she's so pretty and rich, which further bloats her ego) is in charge of things.
Disclaimer:
Please don't take my description of god as a bratty girl as sexist. I acknowledge boys can be shallow and self-centered too. ;)
Don't forget the gum-snapping and hair flipping:-) I have it on good advice that the Abrahamic "deity" is male which is probably the reason for the flinging into hell part for the slightest offense. The self-centered female deity is just into the torture part until the subject learns it's lesson to grovel properly. Subject to celestial mood swings of course (which being a self-centered teenager could be either sex I suppose;-)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252276 May 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity teaches that those who don't believe in Jesus won't be saved. Some believe the rejects will wander forever lost and others believe the rejects deserve to burn in hell.
That means that all children that are not Christian and are raised in other religions will be rejected by the god that you claim loves all.
I'm going to ignore your posts now, as I believe you will go on and on in your never-ending web of fantasy, and I don't intend to try to follow you.
You think that religious people are stupid followers who can't think for themselves and when I show you that you are wrong, you don't want to talk to me anymore. You are showing your true colors and agenda.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252277 May 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think this god understands the difference between "rejecting" him and simply not believing he/she/it exists?
Can a person help what they happen to believe or not believe?
Can a person really FORCE themselves to believe something they just don't believe?
Does this god love and forgive those who can't help but NOT believe in him, or do they DESERVE a "place of death and darkness?"
All good questions. I wish I had the answers. I do think that you have to seek an eternal life with God and the only way to do that is through Him.

None of us 'deserve' anything. It is only through His love and mercy that we continue to live after death.

There is a passage in the Bible that says basically that if you don't know God in life, He won't know you in death.

Anyone who looks for God will find Him.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252278 May 9, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All good questions. I wish I had the answers. I do think that you have to seek an eternal life with God and the only way to do that is through Him.
None of us 'deserve' anything. It is only through His love and mercy that we continue to live after death.
There is a passage in the Bible that says basically that if you don't know God in life, He won't know you in death.
Can't speak for Tre but I have no problem with what you personally believe as long as it's for yourself, not me. If that's your path I'll not hinder you from following it. Do you think that that those who choose not to follow your path will "know god in death"?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252279 May 9, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't speak for Tre but I have no problem with what you personally believe as long as it's for yourself, not me. If that's your path I'll not hinder you from following it. Do you think that that those who choose not to follow your path will "know god in death"?
I don't quite follow your question. Why would someone want to know God in death and not in life?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#252280 May 9, 2013
"Catholic Church Waging War On Women and Gays"

What a crazy name for a topic. Placing women and gays in the same sentence as tho they belong together.

Women are a group of people whose civil rights are to be protected under the Constitution.

Sodomites and lesbians are a group of perverts seeking what they call "civil rights" in support of their corrupt behavior as they hide behind the skirts of women to accomplish it.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252281 May 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't quite follow your question. Why would someone want to know God in death and not in life?
you claim that you are secure in your beliefs. I believe that you are. I wouldn't force you to follw my beliefs and be untrue to yourself. Why is it some religions demand that from people who tell them thanks but no thanks. I have my own path that I try to be true to? Don't try and tell me that doesn't happen. It does and it's the followers of the Abrahamic religions that do this to those who don't adhere to their beliefs.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252282 May 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Attention everyone!
I have it on good athority that our June has wonderd off the reservation.
We must find her before the all the posters fall into her web,and turn our topix forum into a wasteland of ignorance.
We'll all split up and search and meet back here later.
Don't try to take her in alone.Let the rest of us know where she is and we'll work together.
If you want to know where June's been posting on Topix, just find a post and click on her name. I'm sure that in June's mind I have "bullied" her off the thread, though she denies playing the victim. Although when I tried to discuss issues with her, she said she would not converse with me because I called her batshit crazy over a year ago. Seems she would rather discuss boogers and the like with you than anything with me. She still seems confused about the purpose of a public discussion forum. Good luck.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252283 May 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the question becomes, what would motivate a person who doesn't believe in this god to "seek eternal life" with him? Do you see the conundrum here?

A child who no longer believes in the tooth fairy may still put a tooth under the pillow because he/she has "faith" that his/her parents will leave some money there. What does the child learn from this?
Ink wrote:
That is your belief. Not fact. Please understand that not everyone shares this belief. Those of us who don't believe it do not hate god, or reject god or rebel against god. One cannot hate or reject or rebel against an abstract concept which we don't believe to exist in reality. We are not evil or bad or without morals because we don't happen to believe it.
Ink wrote:
And that doesn't sound very loving or merciful to me. It sounds very egocentric and needy; qualities easily ascribed to humans, but not to perfect creators, deities, or gods.
Ink wrote:
A quaint little slogan, but it doesn't ring true. It suggests that those of us who have not "found" god have not looked for god. That would be false for many of us. In addition, I'm guessing that a LOT of people who believe they HAVE found god, have never actually "looked." They simply go with what they've been taught to believe.

I say, if god wants to be found, he will make himself known instead of playing silly games with allegedly "eternal" consequences.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252284 May 10, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the way I see it too. One person's belief in an unprovable concept is about as valid as another's. Believe whatever you want, but oblige NO ONE to believe the same. When you think that YOUR belief must be the right one, and those with other beliefs are wrong, and will either suffer punishment or not share in rewards, you are putting yourself on PARALLEL with the GOD you claim to worship.

“=”

Appleton WI

#252285 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
What a crazy name for a topic. Placing women and gays in the same sentence as tho they belong together.
Women are a group of people whose civil rights are to be protected under the Constitution.
Sodomites and lesbians are a group of perverts seeking what they call "civil rights" in support of their corrupt behavior as they hide behind the skirts of women to accomplish it.
Let's have a warm welcome for our newest (((ignorant hateful bigot.)))
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#252286 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
My my aren't you the one. Ignorant....hateful....bigot. Wow!!

Strong words from a polite little sodomite who always pushes his boy friends stool in. I bet your mama and papa are soooooo proud of you.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#252287 May 10, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anything good come out of Appleton?

“=”

Appleton WI

#252288 May 10, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
My my aren't you the one. Ignorant....hateful....bigot. Wow!!
Strong words from a polite little sodomite who always pushes his boy friends stool in. I bet your mama and papa are soooooo proud of you.
http://www.badgeplanet.co.uk/badges_large/foa...
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252290 May 10, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll betcha this one "knows god" . "I'm not gay, look how MASCULINE I am pointing at them thar SODOMITES" If they only knew just how ridiculous they sound :-)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#252291 May 10, 2013
I say now that the she beast is gone we build a better world starting right here!
Concerned Expat

UK

#252293 May 12, 2013
OldJG wrote:

Agreed! Gay marriage has as much credibility as gay conception.

Actually it also has as much credibility as immaculate conception.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252295 May 12, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
you claim that you are secure in your beliefs. I believe that you are. I wouldn't force you to follw my beliefs and be untrue to yourself. Why is it some religions demand that from people who tell them thanks but no thanks. I have my own path that I try to be true to? Don't try and tell me that doesn't happen. It does and it's the followers of the Abrahamic religions that do this to those who don't adhere to their beliefs.
I believe they do that because Jesus told His disciples to "spread the GOOD NEWS". What I think some forget is that He also said to not bother people who don't want to listen.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#252296 May 12, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the question becomes, what would motivate a person who doesn't believe in this god to "seek eternal life" with him? Do you see the conundrum here?
A child who no longer believes in the tooth fairy may still put a tooth under the pillow because he/she has "faith" that his/her parents will leave some money there. What does the child learn from this?
<quoted text>
That is your belief. Not fact. Please understand that not everyone shares this belief. Those of us who don't believe it do not hate god, or reject god or rebel against god. One cannot hate or reject or rebel against an abstract concept which we don't believe to exist in reality. We are not evil or bad or without morals because we don't happen to believe it.
<quoted text>
And that doesn't sound very loving or merciful to me. It sounds very egocentric and needy; qualities easily ascribed to humans, but not to perfect creators, deities, or gods.
<quoted text>
A quaint little slogan, but it doesn't ring true. It suggests that those of us who have not "found" god have not looked for god. That would be false for many of us. In addition, I'm guessing that a LOT of people who believe they HAVE found god, have never actually "looked." They simply go with what they've been taught to believe.
I say, if god wants to be found, he will make himself known instead of playing silly games with allegedly "eternal" consequences.
There is a lot here and I will try to give you my understanding on it.

Motivation comes in many ways. Some times through a situation that you have no control over and have nowhere else to go. Sometimes through a unexplainable circumstance that makes you really think there is someone or something all powerful. Sometimes because there is a feeling of something missing in your live and a need to know more. And some people never experience any of these things.

I certainly don't feel that non believers are bad or evil or immoral although I would ask you, where you acquired your morals.

I also believe that you only have to ask God for His love and mercy to have it.

It isn't a quaint little slogan it is in the Bible that God said If you seek me with your whole heart, mind and soul, you will find me.
That is actually very hard to do because it involves turning your life over to Him to use as He pleases and accepting His will as yours.

You can only be 'taught' to know that there is a God who loves you. You have to find Him yourself if you want to.

I think a lot of people say they believe in God but don't really have any communication. Just because they believe doesn't mean they let Him into their lives. I am not preaching, only answering your questions.
Svaha

Largo, FL

#252297 May 12, 2013
Concerned Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Gay marriage has as much credibility as gay conception.
Actually it also has as much credibility as immaculate conception.
Oh that old tired and stupid argument? So a man and a woman marrying after child bearing age has no credibility either?:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 4 min DebraE 3,456
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 4 min EdmondWA 623
News Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marri... 6 min John jackson 2
News Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriag... 21 min Live Forever 72
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 30 min swedenforever 36
News Questions and Answers about Kentucky's gay marr... 42 min FreeThinker 33
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 56 min Eagle 12 28
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Terra Firma 25,981
News Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marria... 2 hr TomInElPaso 111
More from around the web