Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216664 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256130 Jul 19, 2015
Forced out, a matter of conscience not options. They believe a child is best off with a mother and father, contrary to federal orthodoxy, so the oldest adoption providers are shut out.

Reform entitlements now that D.C. has reformed marriage.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256131 Jul 19, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have great prespective on Galileo. That's hindsight. Do you have any foresight? Can you see any possible problems with the course this country is taking?
I'm going to guess that you can't and that is why I get the feeling that you and many others will willingly comply with everything the state tells you to do. You will only want to see the perceived benefits.
You know I disagree with you on many subjects, therefore you jump to conclusions about my character to justify your smarmy remarks towards me. I haven't responded in kind, so you can't argue you were defending yourself.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256132 Jul 19, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
Forced out, a matter of conscience not options. They believe a child is best off with a mother and father, contrary to federal orthodoxy, so the oldest adoption providers are shut out.
Reform entitlements now that D.C. has reformed marriage.
You're lying. They were not forced to stop providing adoption services. They chose to opt out. A "matter conscience" was their reason to opt out. Their beliefs were reasons they opted out. It was their choice. They were not shut out.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#256133 Jul 20, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Demeaning and inaccurate. Kind of a windbag ain't cha?
Demeaning? You demean yourSELF with your ignorance.

Inaccurate? Don't thinks so, but be more specific.

Me, a windbag? Absolutely

“=”

Appleton WI

#256134 Jul 20, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
In the future, she stressed, politicians will need to force religious leaders to change these ancient teachings to fit modern laws.
These are her words and I think, quite easy to understand. Your take doesn't quite fit.
I do know that progressivism does not tolerate a God before it.
I also think she has an uphill battle because most people do believe in God.
Lying again, I see.

Hillary IS a Christian, as are MANY progressives.

Obviously Hillary is NOT suggesting people stop believing in god, but... I think, she is suggesting that there are some archaic religious views that need to be "updated" in order for women to get the full equality, respect and dignity they deserve. Believe it or not, there are MILLIONS of Christians who are pro-choice and pro-women.

But of course, you like to lie, and distort, and take things out of context. Your own position by itself must be too weak, because you ALWAYS have to resort to dishonesty.

If you really think women should continue to be treated the way men from thousands of years ago thought, then you should probably shut your trap and go get me a sandwich... and a beer while you're at it.

But if you think women deserve equality, respect and dignity, and the right to decide what goes on within their own bodies, then... as Hillary was saying, these archaic ideas need to be changed.

It's sad when people hang onto these ancient religious notions because they think it's what some god wants, but even sadder when women are against the progress of women.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256135 Jul 20, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they? You don't just give up what you believe to accomadate the culture. You keep your values and live by them. I can see that you would comply with anything you were told to do.
You don't have to give up your beliefs, no matter how archaic they may be. You are free to live by your antediluvian values. You just aren't free to force them on everyone else.

If you have a "belief" that abortion is wrong, no one is forcing you to have one. If you believe SSM is wrong, no one is forcing to marry someone of the same sex. No one is forcing you to abandon your beliefs or values.

But some people are just so damned arrogant that they believe only THEIR beliefs are "correct," and EVERYONE should have the same values and beliefs as them... anything else is "wrong."

Hillary isn't saying everyone should be forced to believe the same as she does, she's saying we need to STOP trying to force women to live by someone ELSE'S beliefs and be free to make their OWN choices.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256136 Jul 22, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been taking Hillary Clinton's quote out of context. I am putting it in context for you.
When "deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases" are barriers to "the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies" , they should change.
Do you disagree?
Your quote is out of context This is the full quote.

“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained.“And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

I want to know what she means by "resources and political will." Then I can agree or disagree.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256137 Jul 22, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church opted out, which it has every right to do.
I think they will be "opting out" of a lot of things.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256138 Jul 22, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying again, I see.
Hillary IS a Christian, as are MANY progressives.
Obviously Hillary is NOT suggesting people stop believing in god, but... I think, she is suggesting that there are some archaic religious views that need to be "updated" in order for women to get the full equality, respect and dignity they deserve. Believe it or not, there are MILLIONS of Christians who are pro-choice and pro-women.
But of course, you like to lie, and distort, and take things out of context. Your own position by itself must be too weak, because you ALWAYS have to resort to dishonesty.
If you really think women should continue to be treated the way men from thousands of years ago thought, then you should probably shut your trap and go get me a sandwich... and a beer while you're at it.
But if you think women deserve equality, respect and dignity, and the right to decide what goes on within their own bodies, then... as Hillary was saying, these archaic ideas need to be changed.
It's sad when people hang onto these ancient religious notions because they think it's what some god wants, but even sadder when women are against the progress of women.
Guess what people who truly believe that God created all things and that He has a purpose for every life could never condone abortion where one of God's children is being killed.

People can't call themselves whatever the want.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256139 Jul 22, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to give up your beliefs, no matter how archaic they may be. You are free to live by your antediluvian values. You just aren't free to force them on everyone else.
If you have a "belief" that abortion is wrong, no one is forcing you to have one. If you believe SSM is wrong, no one is forcing to marry someone of the same sex. No one is forcing you to abandon your beliefs or values.
But some people are just so damned arrogant that they believe only THEIR beliefs are "correct," and EVERYONE should have the same values and beliefs as them... anything else is "wrong."
Hillary isn't saying everyone should be forced to believe the same as she does, she's saying we need to STOP trying to force women to live by someone ELSE'S beliefs and be free to make their OWN choices.
I don't think that is even close to what she intended but it sound better your way.

BTW the church was being forced to place children in SS homes if they wanted to continue to do adoptions.

Women will always make their own decisions.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#256140 Jul 22, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that is even close to what she intended but it sound better your way.
BTW the church was being forced to place children in SS homes if they wanted to continue to do adoptions.
Women will always make their own decisions.
What's that? Women in this country *will* make their own decisions, unless you and others decide her medical decisions are your business and intervene (for her own good, naturally).

I think you are wrong, btw. I truly believe that the RCC is a business (like any other) and the key to continued success is all in the numbers.
ffj

Brooklyn, NY

#256141 Jul 22, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what people who truly believe that God created all things and that He has a purpose for every life could never condone abortion where one of God's children is being killed.
People can't call themselves whatever the want.
Your first paragraph is just religi-babble. Many people who believe in God have had an elective abortion. You're just whining again.

And, yes, people can call themselves whatever they want. Most are a-ok with that.

50 cent
Beyonce
Hannah Montana
We turn Margaret into Peggy
We turn James into Jim

Spare us your controlling garbage.
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256142 Jul 22, 2015
ffj wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph is just religi-babble. Many people who believe in God have had an elective abortion. You're just whining again.
And, yes, people can call themselves whatever they want. Most are a-ok with that.
50 cent
Beyonce
Hannah Montana
We turn Margaret into Peggy
We turn James into Jim
Spare us your controlling garbage.
How does a believer jusify killing another human being to God?
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256143 Jul 22, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that? Women in this country *will* make their own decisions, unless you and others decide her medical decisions are your business and intervene (for her own good, naturally).
I think you are wrong, btw. I truly believe that the RCC is a business (like any other) and the key to continued success is all in the numbers.
Yes they will. Do you know of a woman who is being prevented from using her rights?

I guess you can believe whatever you want about the RCC.
ffj

East Meadow, NY

#256144 Jul 23, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a believer jusify killing another human being to God?
Go ask one of your "believers". How did you justify putting your cat to sleep?
Ink

Millsboro, DE

#256145 Jul 23, 2015
ffj wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ask one of your "believers". How did you justify putting your cat to sleep?
Is that all you have?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256146 Jul 23, 2015
STO wrote:
You're lying. They were not forced to stop providing adoption services. They chose to opt out. A "matter conscience" was their reason to opt out. Their beliefs were reasons they opted out. It was their choice. They were not shut out.
The Catholic Church holds the value that children do best with a mother and father, that marriage is one man and one woman, but the law prevents them from ensuring adopted children go to the best couple; they were forced out of the adoption service because it.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256147 Jul 23, 2015
On the other hand, we have Planned Parenthood® selling human organs from butchered aborted black (very young) children.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256148 Jul 23, 2015
Planned Parenthood® discussed abortion procedures meant to maximize profitability not the mother's health and safety. Planned Parenthood® has the history of killing millions of children and a few dozen women, not the Catholic Church.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#256149 Jul 23, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they will. Do you know of a woman who is being prevented from using her rights?
I guess you can believe whatever you want about the RCC.
Not yet - but if you and others have your druthers - that could change.

Hey, thanks for the permission, Ink! The RCC is worth - several billions? The world may never know...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay man denied marriage license hopes to unseat... 7 min Wisdom 51
Top 5 Topix Scumbags 16 min NE Jade 4
Why Are We Being Forced To Accept Homosexuality? (Feb '12) 16 min RalphB 982
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 17 min spud 273
News Shocking discovery: Scientists find a gay genea 48 min RalphB 3
News All bets are off at the Supreme Court 59 min RalphB 10
News Gay Couples In Australia Register Their Intent ... 1 hr jcofe 2
News Scientists find the gene that makes men gay - o... 1 hr Wondering 27
Roy Moore.....Just Another Hypocrite 4 hr Oswald 378
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 hr Bently 26,887
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 hr Rose_NoHo 14,690
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr Bruddah Z 58,375
More from around the web