Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251820 Apr 11, 2013
Religion always was and is simple-minded philosophy.

I suggest you don't allow that word "theology" to "trip you up" (pun intended) with luring theories based on the hot air of grandiose mental schemes concerning philosophy.

Had theologians known truth, they would all have agreed on every issue ... barring NONE!

Quesnel, Canada

#251821 Apr 11, 2013
I suggest for women who have had abortions and are feeling guilt ... that you consider that the information from theologians was and is utter nonsense, and that you ease up on your selves.

Those theologians WANTED and WANT you to feel guilty, as it gives them POWER over you.

From my perspective, to rid your selves of fetuses is not different than killing the fetus in a cow or a monkey, as it's all about ending the life in the cells and nothing more.

Holiness is a myth that stems ONLY from self-aggrandizing religion, and that is why the theologians taught that the holiness linked to the fetuses was the same holiness that linked to their selves and to the gods of their imaginations.

If you set your guilt free, those theologians will have no more power to control you.

I suggest you keep that in mind and you will do well.

Quesnel, Canada

#251822 Apr 11, 2013
Women have every right to feel anger and resentment at theologians.

How they dared to order the killing of adults they titled as witches and heretics century after blood-soaked century in the name of gods, and feel NO guilt for their conduct ... while at the same time labeling women as evil for having abortions and over-loading them with lies to make them feel horrific guilt and fear that a god would punish them ... is despicable to say the least.

I have no respect for theologians. NONE whatsoever.

Quesnel, Canada

#251823 Apr 11, 2013
And that Billy Graham character ought to apologize to the people for scaring them with the idea that only Christians would be allowed in "heaven" ... when now he maintains that people don't have to be Christian to go to heaven.

From my perspective, he should admit that he didn't know the answers then any more than he knows answers now ... and THAT would be a show of honesty ... for a change ... which from a theologian would be comparable to a breath of fresh air.

Quesnel, Canada

#251824 Apr 11, 2013
Charles Templeton was a famous evangelist who was equally as popular as Billy Graham, but who could no longer abide with his own preaching, and therefore quit the ministry. He and Billy had been the best of friends when Charles was an evangelist. Following is their discussion taken from Charles Templeton's diary.

Our backgrounds were radically different. Billy was a country boy, raised on a farm in the American South in a deeply religious household. He had been converted and called to the ministry in his teens and had studied in fundamentalist schools; at Bob Jones College and at Wheaton, where he had earned a B. A. in anthropology. All our differences came to a head in a discussion which, better than anything I know, "explains" Billy Graham.

I had said. "But Billy, it's not possible any longer to believe the biblical account of creation. The world wasn't created; it has evolved over millions of years. It's not a matter of speculation, it's demonstrable fact."

"I don't accept that," he said, "And there are reputable scholars who don't."

"Who are they?" I said. "Men in conservative Christian colleges?"

"Most of them, yes. But that's not the point. I believe in the Genesis account of creation simply because it's in the Bible. I've discovered something in my ministry: when I take the Bible literally, when I proclaim it as God's Word, I have power. When I stand before the people and say,'God says,' or 'The Bible says,'the Holy Spirit uses me. There are results. People respond. Wiser men than you or I have been arguing questions like this for centuries. I don't have the time or the intellect to examine all sides of each theological dispute, so I've decided, once and for all, to stop questioning and to accept the Bible as God's Word."

"But Billy," I protested, "you can't do that. You don't dare stop thinking. Do it and you begin to die. It's intellectual suicide."

"I don't know about anybody else, "he said, "but I've decided that that's the path for me."

Quesnel, Canada

#251825 Apr 11, 2013
On Evangelists

"It used to be you couldn't go downtown in the evening without running into a half a dozen evangelists ranting and raving and carrying on: some of them put on their shows in tents or at camp meetings, and some of them just stood around on street corners and worked up a crowd. They'd stir the people up for a while, but they always got over it.

"But now we've just got this one evangelist, this Billy Graham, and he's gone off the beam. He's ... well, I hadn't ought to say this, but he's one of those counterfeits I was telling you about. He claims he's a friend of all the Presidents, but he was never a friend of mine when I was President. I just don't go for people like that. All he's interested in is getting his name in the paper."

Harry Truman ... from the book "Plain Speaking ... an oral biography of Harry S. Truman by Merle Miller." (page 31)

Quesnel, Canada

#251826 Apr 11, 2013
Ya don't see Billy Graham now sidling up to Christian Presidents, preaching that those other than Christians can go to heaven.

Those Christian Presidents wouldn't have liked THAT type of talk ... not even close!

Quesnel, Canada

#251827 Apr 11, 2013
France’s Grand Rabbi, the leader of the country’s Jewish community, has resigned.

Gilles Bernheim left his post with immediate effect after admitting to plagiarism and lying about an academic status on his CV.

The scandal erupted last month when he was accused of using text from the late French philosopher Jean-Francois Lyotard.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/04/11/france-s-t...

Quesnel, Canada

#251828 Apr 11, 2013
From my perspective theologians should all be fired for plagiarizing words from imaginary deities.

But until the people stop supporting them in their lies ... the lies will continue to thrive and the theologians will continue to live their high life-styles from preaching the lies.

Quesnel, Canada

#251829 Apr 11, 2013
And what really pisses me off, is that those theologians mutilate the genitals of children in the pretence that a god wants them CUT!

Horrible beasts of prey!

Quesnel, Canada

#251830 Apr 11, 2013
Christopher Hitchens circumcision

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#251831 Apr 11, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
And what really pisses me off, is that those theologians mutilate the genitals of children in the pretence that a god wants them CUT!
Horrible beasts of prey!
Not to be nosey,but did you get the whole package on the wedding night?

Quesnel, Canada

#251832 Apr 11, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Not to be nosey,but did you get the whole package on the wedding night?
FYUI (For your undeserved information)... I studied the "package" three long years before the wedding night. I was well-satisfied with the whole package, and that's why the wedding night occurred. And I'm still well-satisfied ... Mr. NOSEY!

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#251833 Apr 11, 2013
I'm relieved to state that I am NOT stoic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book, Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven … Uta Ranke-Heinemann

This increasingly stern and reductive assessment of sex was shaped by the Stoa, the greatest school of ancient philosophy, which lasted from about 300 B.C. to 250 A.D. To this day the word “Stoic” stands for stolid, passionless behavior

Quesnel, Canada

#251834 Apr 11, 2013
If I'm suffering pain or in hardship, "everybody" within distance of my screams will know about it.

On the other hand, if I was a woman of the Muslim faith in Iran, I would probably be too frightened to utter one word that didn't please the self-perceived HOLY theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

sto·ic

/&#712;st&#333;-ik/

Noun

A person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings or complaining.

Adjective

Of or belonging to the Stoics or their school of philosophy.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&rlz=1R2GGHP_e...

Quesnel, Canada

#251835 Apr 11, 2013
Mothers Put to Death for Having Their Sons Circumcised

That decree included women who had circumcised their baby boys. In fact, the text of the First Book of Maccabees, Chapter 1, verses 60'62, reveals that not only were those women murdered, their babies were then suspended from around their necks, and their families were also murdered. Anyone who participated in any way in the circumcision rites was also killed.

It was a dark moment in the history of the Jews

http://www.netplaces.com/women-of-the-bible/w...

Quesnel, Canada

#251836 Apr 11, 2013
When George Bush Jr. gave the order to invade Iraq, the Christians flocked into Iraq in the hopes of converting Muslims to Christianity, and George Bush didn't utter a word against the issue. Why would he? He believed in "freedom of religion" ... didn't he???

There's nothing George would like better than to have the world made over in the image of his own religion.
It's the name of the game.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

NO ATHEISTS IN FOXHOLES … Prayers and Reflections from the front … by Chaplain Patrick McLaughlin. CDR. USN
I am often asked,“How did you get to be the chaplain at Camp David?

Well …

Fifth, as a Lutheran, I met the requirement that the nominee had to be a Protestant since the candidates for the president in 2000 were Methodist (President Bush) and Southern Baptist (then vice president Gore).

Quesnel, Canada

#251837 Apr 11, 2013
When you claim you want me to have respect for your religion ... I presume you mean your own religion huh? That seems to be what George Bush meant when he invaded Iraq.

Not one Christian I ever met felt that the Muslims had a right to be offended by the influx of Christians into Iraq intent on converting the Muslims to Christianity.

Not even ONE!

Many simply thought the Muslim religion was EVIL, and that by converting the Muslims to Christianity the Christians were doing their duty by "God."

Crazy people and their insane religious beliefs start wars and escalate the wars by dowsing others with their self-preferred religions.

And then they are aghast at the blood being shed and claim ... "The world is full of evil, and what we need is to go back to the bible!!!"

Ignoramuses!

Quesnel, Canada

#251838 Apr 11, 2013
The Chaplain never seemed to get a glimmer of the idea that HE was the one to invade a country where Muslims in turn believed they were fighting a religious war against the forces of evil infidel Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

NO ATHEISTS IN FOXHOLES … Prayers and Reflections from the front … by Chaplain Patrick McLaughlin. CDR. USN

The Current and Future Results of the Arms Race

I always wonder when the insurgency, enemy, warring factions, and Iraqi forces, whatever they are called this week—I wonder when they will run out of ammunition, mortars, rockets, bombs, and on and on and on.

Quesnel, Canada

#251839 Apr 11, 2013
Meanwhile many Christians (after Christians killing the Jews for centuries as supposed Christ-killers) NOW support the Jews to go back to their supposed holy land so that Jesus will come at last. They don't see past the end of their ever-so-holy noses, that the influx of Jews are pushing Muslims off of the lands on which the Muslims reside.

People don't learn anything but to keep being stupid, and in turn wondering why their stupidity is not working to their own benefit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 7 min George 1,460
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min The_Box 3,321
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 13 min Jonah1 25,032
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 13 min NE Jade 19
How long before being gay is a fireable offense? 16 min Sgt Common Sense 33
Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop 29 min Earl 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min School 49,907
Biggest Gay Lies 51 min Buford 2,082
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 2 hr lides 1,289
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr anonymous 56,034
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 9 hr NorCal Native 249
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••