Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217521 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#255222 Jan 13, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying ALL Muslims are violent extremists and NO Christians are?
Seeing your posts in many other threads, it's clear to me that you are not shy about exposing your blatant prejudices. Just because you root for the Packers doesn't mean I automatically respect you and your brand of bigotry. You are not worthy of the cheesehead.
I never said: "ALL Muslims are violent extremists and NO Christians are. Why are you saying that I did ?
kent

Hudson, OH

#255223 Jan 13, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read my earlier response.
In the English translations/interpretations that I've read, there are some worthwhile parables for sure. There are also many things in the bible that are confusing and disturbing to say the least.... but admittedly most of that is not attributed directly to Jesus. In any case, one does not need a bible or even a god to know that harming others is wrong, and kindness is good.
I may not find anything in the alleged words of Christ "that would make someone a worse person," but obviously not everyone interprets words the same as I do. If you're a believer, I assume you believe your god not only created Jesus, who the words supposedly came from, but also all the people who would interpret the words differently.... AND he KNEW they would. Just like the Tower of Babble. This God KNEW people would KILL each other over finding different meanings of words in the bible... though not necessarily just the alleged words of Jesus.
Yes! Jesus did know that people would interpret His Word differently. And that is precisely why Jesus built A Church and gave it His authority to interpret.. to "feed my sheep." Jesus said to Peter in Aramaic.. "On this Kepha (meaning both Peter and rock) I will build MY (singular) Church.. I will give to YOU the keys of the Kingdom of God." (Keys are always a symbol of delegating authority in the O.T.) "Whatever YOU bind on earth will be bound IN HEAVEN. And whatever YOU loose on earth will be loosed IN HEAVEN." Also both the O.T. and the N.T. say that the bible is not for private interpretation. If people rebelled against the authority that Christ gave to His Church and privately interpreted the bible for themselves.. why.. you would have today over 42,000 Christian Churches who can not all agree with one another on ONE Christian doctrine! Oh.. wait.. That IS what we have today.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255224 Jan 13, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
This resonated for me:
"What do you think the world would be like if everyone looked at ancient myths AS ancient myths, and got with the 21st century? What if all the religious zealots in the world stopped thinking that everyone in the world should HAVE to believe exactly the same things they do?
IMAGINE "
Everyone on earth should believe the Truth. Opinions come and go. But Truth, both religious and scientific, is what it is and.. is not found only in the 21st century. We either perceive it correctly and are right. Or we perceive it incorrectly and are wrong. There is not "my truth.. and your truth.. and how dare you say that your truth is better than my truth?" Two opposites can not at the same time be true. There IS Absolute Truth.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255225 Jan 13, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone on earth should believe the Truth. Opinions come and go. But Truth, both religious and scientific, is what it is and.. is not found only in the 21st century. We either perceive it correctly and are right. Or we perceive it incorrectly and are wrong. There is not "my truth.. and your truth.. and how dare you say that your truth is better than my truth?" Two opposites can not at the same time be true. There IS Absolute Truth.
Actually, science has proven that is not true at all. Do you know anything about quantum mechanics ? In quantum mecahnics, two opposites CAN be true at the same time. This is one of the scientifict truths exploited in quantum computing and quantum enciphering.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#255226 Jan 13, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone on earth should believe the Truth. Opinions come and go. But Truth, both religious and scientific, is what it is and.. is not found only in the 21st century. We either perceive it correctly and are right. Or we perceive it incorrectly and are wrong. There is not "my truth.. and your truth.. and how dare you say that your truth is better than my truth?" Two opposites can not at the same time be true. There IS Absolute Truth.
I don't have any trust in absolute truth. When did Earth stop being the center of the universe? Galileo?

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255227 Jan 13, 2015
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said: "ALL Muslims are violent extremists and NO Christians are. Why are you saying that I did ?
I'm not.
I ASKED you.
You replied to my earlier post with...

"Tell that to the Muslims and see where it gets you.
(Probably about 6 feet under or blown to bits in may cases). "

You did not specify extremists, you simply referred to "the Muslims."

But the fact is, YOU are an extremist. You cannot tolerate those who are of a different religious belief or political bent than yourself. You refer to anyone differing from you as "evil" among other things. This is the ideology of an extremist.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255228 Jan 13, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not.
I ASKED you.
But the fact is, YOU are an extremist. You cannot tolerate those who are of a different religious belief or political bent than yourself. You refer to anyone differing from you as "evil" among other things. This is the ideology of an extremist.
UNTRUE.

I'm a Libertarian. I accept people of all religious beliefs. Those who I call "EVIL" I call that because it's true. When you attempt (sucessfullly in many instances) to legally deny peopel their rights guaranteed them under the U.S. constitution, and use your religion to imose that and justify that, that IS Evi.

When you ignore theU.S. Constitution, and stary ruling by decree, as TheObamaniac has done, that IS Evil.

Not ALL Democrats and lierals are Evil. I never said that. Although many are Evil, a great many are just stupid and ignorant.

And as a famous and GREATArizonan famously said: " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice ! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue ! "

Wether you like it or not, people such as The Obamaniac and Bill Donohue of the nutty and dangerous "Catholic League" ARE EVIL.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255229 Jan 13, 2015
UGH !

I'm having a problem with my keyboard with certain keys not working without EXTRA pressure, so I apologize for the keyboarding errors in the above post.

A corrected version (I hope) is as follows:

" UNTRUE.

I'm a Libertarian. I accept people of all religious beliefs. Those who I call "EVIL" I call that because it's true. When you attempt (sucessfullly in many instances) to legally deny people their rights guaranteed them under the U.S. constitution, and use your religion to impose that and justify that, that IS Evil.

When you ignore the U.S. Constitution, and start ruling by decree, as The Obamaniac has done, that IS Evil.

Not ALL Democrats and liberals are Evil. I never said that. Although many are Evil, a great many are just stupid and ignorant.

And as a famous and GREAT Arizonan famously said: " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice ! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue ! "

Whether you like it or not, people such as The Obamaniac and Bill Donohue of the nutty and dangerous "Catholic League" ARE EVIL. "

“=”

Appleton WI

#255230 Jan 13, 2015
kent wrote:
<quoted text> Yes! Jesus did know that people would interpret His Word differently. And that is precisely why Jesus built A Church and gave it His authority to interpret.. to "feed my sheep." Jesus said to Peter in Aramaic.. "On this Kepha (meaning both Peter and rock) I will build MY (singular) Church.. I will give to YOU the keys of the Kingdom of God." (Keys are always a symbol of delegating authority in the O.T.) "Whatever YOU bind on earth will be bound IN HEAVEN. And whatever YOU loose on earth will be loosed IN HEAVEN." Also both the O.T. and the N.T. say that the bible is not for private interpretation. If people rebelled against the authority that Christ gave to His Church and privately interpreted the bible for themselves.. why.. you would have today over 42,000 Christian Churches who can not all agree with one another on ONE Christian doctrine! Oh.. wait.. That IS what we have today.
Sounds like you at least partially agree with me. Thousands of different interpretations of the bible and this god supposedly did this KNOWING this would happen. A god who wants people to understand and know "truth" doesn't do this, because he allegedly has the power GIVE us understanding and truth. If we fail to understand, it's HIS fault for creating us the way we are and KNOWING this would happen.

But, exactly what does it mean that the bible is "not for private interpretation?" ANY book is subject to private interpretation as we are all individuals with unique minds, not programmed drones. And WHO, in your belief is allowed to interpret it and have THEIR version accepted as "truth?"

“=”

Appleton WI

#255231 Jan 13, 2015
kent wrote:
LMAO,
There is absolute truth, and I suppose YOU are the one who "perceives it correctly?"
So, in other words, we should all believe YOU, and everything else is just silly opinions? Is that it?
If not, please explain this profound philosophy further.
It may be entertaining to learn how to know who is priveleged to correctly perceive the absolute truth, and who is not, and why... and how one can be certain that THEIR perception is indeed correct, while others are incorrect.
Heck, I might also learn the logic behind ETERNAL PUNISHMENT for people who may have an incorrect perception of the absolute truth.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255232 Jan 13, 2015
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE.
I'm a Libertarian. I accept people of all religious beliefs. Those who I call "EVIL" I call that because it's true. When you attempt (sucessfullly in many instances) to legally deny peopel their rights guaranteed them under the U.S. constitution, and use your religion to imose that and justify that, that IS Evi.
When you ignore theU.S. Constitution, and stary ruling by decree, as TheObamaniac has done, that IS Evil.
Not ALL Democrats and lierals are Evil. I never said that. Although many are Evil, a great many are just stupid and ignorant.
And as a famous and GREATArizonan famously said: " I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice ! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue ! "
Wether you like it or not, people such as The Obamaniac and Bill Donohue of the nutty and dangerous "Catholic League" ARE EVIL.
Proof that being older doesn't necessarily mean wiser and more mature. Subtract the number of times you say or type "Obamaniac" in a day from your age and you may get a more realistic reflection of your maturity level. You need not reply, as I'm not here to discuss EITHER the president OR the Packers with you.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#255233 Jan 13, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that being older doesn't necessarily mean wiser and more mature. Subtract the number of times you say or type "Obamaniac" in a day from your age and you may get a more realistic reflection of your maturity level. You need not reply, as I'm not here to discuss EITHER the president OR the Packers with you.
Firstly, I didn't invent the word "Obamaniac". It was used by the 2008 Obama For President campaign, and you can find all sorts of camaign stuff to buy online proudly using that word.

Secondly, I can remember far worse words being used by Democrats and liberals when referring to Presidents Reagan, Bush, and all other Repulican POTUSes. You dopey Libs & Dems sure are thin-skinned !
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255234 Jan 14, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read my earlier response.
In the English translations/interpretations that I've read, there are some worthwhile parables for sure. There are also many things in the bible that are confusing and disturbing to say the least.... but admittedly most of that is not attributed directly to Jesus. In any case, one does not need a bible or even a god to know that harming others is wrong, and kindness is good.
I may not find anything in the alleged words of Christ "that would make someone a worse person," but obviously not everyone interprets words the same as I do. If you're a believer, I assume you believe your god not only created Jesus, who the words supposedly came from, but also all the people who would interpret the words differently.... AND he KNEW they would. Just like the Tower of Babble. This God KNEW people would KILL each other over finding different meanings of words in the bible... though not necessarily just the alleged words of Jesus.
He gave us the Son of God to show the way. It would be hard to misinterpret Jesus' words. They are very clear. He gave us all we need.

At one time, we, as a civilization did not know the harming others was bad and kindness was good.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255235 Jan 14, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
This resonated for me:
"What do you think the world would be like if everyone looked at ancient myths AS ancient myths, and got with the 21st century? What if all the religious zealots in the world stopped thinking that everyone in the world should HAVE to believe exactly the same things they do?
IMAGINE "
Do you suppose that he was talking about the extremists who are beheading, bombing and exterminating groups of people by the tens of thousands or do you think he meant Catholics?

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#255236 Jan 14, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose that he was talking about the extremists who are beheading, bombing and exterminating groups of people by the tens of thousands or do you think he meant Catholics?
I wouldn't dream of speaking for Tre. My take was that the world in general would be a better place without organized religion. That would be a nice start. We could all be kinder to each other once we recognize that we're all uniquely different.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255237 Jan 14, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any trust in absolute truth. When did Earth stop being the center of the universe? Galileo?
Don't trust Galileo either. He thought the sun moved too.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-galileo-co...
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255238 Jan 14, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not.
I ASKED you.
Muse through these statistics and let me know who is an extreme and who is mainstream.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/opini...
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255239 Jan 14, 2015
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't dream of speaking for Tre. My take was that the world in general would be a better place without organized religion. That would be a nice start. We could all be kinder to each other once we recognize that we're all uniquely different.
You complemented him and picked out that paragraph. I thought you knew what he meant or you wouldn't have said it resonated with you.

Check out the atheist cultures . I don't think you would like living under their laws. They were and are brutal.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255240 Jan 14, 2015
Junket these are some of your desired godless regimes.

Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,00 people murdered

Jozef Stalin (USSR 1932-39 only) 15,000,000 people murdered

Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 people murdered

Kim II Sung (North Korea 1948-94) 1.6 million people murdered

Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987) 570,000 people murdered

Suharto (Communists 1967-66) 500,000 people murdered

Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45) 359,000 people murdered

Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56) 200,000 people murdered

Vladimir Ilich Lenin (USSR, 1917-20) 30,000 people murdered

Adolf Hitler (Germany 1939-1945) 12,000,000 people murdered

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/publiccatholic/2...

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#255241 Jan 14, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trust Galileo either. He thought the sun moved too.
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-galileo-co...
Lol! " phenomenological" languageĀ—
Science is flexible. It appears so is the RCC - intelligent design? Righto!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Strel 25,310
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min cpeter1313 46,440
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 15 min June VanDerMark 13,295
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 26 min guest 1,340
News Columbus Bans 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors 1 hr cpeter1313 5
News Census suggests counting LGBT, then a oecorrect... 1 hr Elizabeth1912 1
News No LGBTQ category included in Census proposal f... 1 hr Elizabeth1912 1
News 'Reading a book can't turn you gay,' say author... 1 hr Wondering 131
News Why does the Texas criminal code still ban "hom... 3 hr NE Jade 48
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 15 hr Frankie Rizzo 69,515
More from around the web