Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 217509 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

kent

Hudson, OH

#255160 Dec 19, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it. Just because you and other believers THINK you've been given answers doesn't mean there are always answers for everybody.
You act as if us non-believers are a different species or something. You are forgetting that I was once a believer. So don't tell me I've been given answers when I haven't. And don't assume I've never asked. And now I ask, why would ANYONE "give all power to HIM" who refuses to even make himself known?
Are you and other believers somehow special to this god? Chosen? Why do YOU get the special privilege of getting answers and I don't? Why would your god allegedly even create me if he knew I would end up not believing in him?
Why do people want to thank and give glory to this silent invisible being? Why do athletes and movie stars thank him for their great success? After all, GOD is more concerned with you making touchdowns or blockbuster movies than he is about starving children and war-torn countries in violence and chaos. Those damned starving kids must be pretty awful that they don't deserve gods love as much as millionaires and billionaires and celebrities.
You know what answer god gives those starving children? "Too bad, so sad, deal with it!"
It's actually much nicer to assume god says nothing because he doesn't exist, than to believe he has so little regard for humanity that he makes so many innocent suffer so terribly.
Sorry... Merry friggin Christmas.... even though December 25 is NOT Jesus' birthday.
If God exists and wants me to believe, he should have the power to do so. He doesn't.
You pose one of the toughest problems for believers and unbelievers. Read Luke 16:19-31 if you want to better understand how God treats us.. the rich and the poor. And how do we treat God? Look at the cross if you want to better understand that.
kent

Hudson, OH

#255161 Dec 19, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of encouraging more of your off-topic Islamic State blather.... how do you figure the Catholic Church "rescues" gays?
The Catholic Church is THE number one Medical care giver to AIDS patients in the world.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#255162 Dec 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but you were not a normal thinking 'person', nevermind a Catholic.
Don't be sorry, just take care of yourself "Ink", it seems you have your hands full just with that.

Location hidden

#255163 Dec 20, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it. Just because you and other believers THINK you've been given answers doesn't mean there are always answers for everybody.
You act as if us non-believers are a different species or something. You are forgetting that I was once a believer. So don't tell me I've been given answers when I haven't. And don't assume I've never asked. And now I ask, why would ANYONE "give all power to HIM" who refuses to even make himself known?
Are you and other believers somehow special to this god? Chosen? Why do YOU get the special privilege of getting answers and I don't? Why would your god allegedly even create me if he knew I would end up not believing in him?
Why do people want to thank and give glory to this silent invisible being? Why do athletes and movie stars thank him for their great success? After all, GOD is more concerned with you making touchdowns or blockbuster movies than he is about starving children and war-torn countries in violence and chaos. Those damned starving kids must be pretty awful that they don't deserve gods love as much as millionaires and billionaires and celebrities.
You know what answer god gives those starving children? "Too bad, so sad, deal with it!"
It's actually much nicer to assume god says nothing because he doesn't exist, than to believe he has so little regard for humanity that he makes so many innocent suffer so terribly.
Sorry... Merry friggin Christmas.... even though December 25 is NOT Jesus' birthday.
If God exists and wants me to believe, he should have the power to do so. He doesn't.
Well stated Thomas.

The Catholic Church is not good for my mental health. If I didn't leave I would've end up in some mental health ward or prison.

I was invited to join other faiths. There is no way I want to join any other religion or cult.

No person is going to talk me into going back to the Catholic Church.

Silly dogmas and teachings saying I will always be Catholic because of those invisible signs a priest and bishop put on my so call soul.

If they want the last word let them. I don't care!

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#255166 Dec 23, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sorry that you feel that way. I don't feel special or chosen. I believe that God offers all of us the same connection with him. Christians believe that He has made Himself known through Jesus Christ.
As far as misery and suffering, it is usually done through the hands of humans. His words through Jesus was to love God and neighbor. If everyone did that, there would be much less suffering.
What you seem to be missing is that your god allegedly created us all KNOWING that many of us would not perceive this supposed "connection" with him that he supposedly offered us all equally. He allegedly created this world KNOWING that all would fail and many innocent would suffer. Every single horrible tragedy that ever occurred and ever will, both personal and global, this god supposedly KNEW would occur... and therefore is RESPONSIBLE for ALL of it because he CREATED it.

Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, even if they have to contort and convolute things in order for them to make sense. I personally find it much more sane to NOT believe in the existence of this evil puppeteer.

What a NIGHTMARE to believe this most IMMORAL creature rules the universe like some badly written supervillain who preaches love while practicing death and destruction, confusion and chaos.... along with unbelievable self-centered vanity, a constant need to be praised and worshiped... smiting people for the tiniest offense.... there's just too much insane, psychotic crap that that this god is responsible for to find it the least bit believable.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255167 Dec 23, 2014
kent wrote:
<quoted text> You pose one of the toughest problems for believers and unbelievers. Read Luke 16:19-31 if you want to better understand how God treats us.. the rich and the poor. And how do we treat God? Look at the cross if you want to better understand that.
Your reply is vague and suggests you have zero understanding of what I've been saying. I was raised Catholic, and I've read the bible, so don't pretend that I just don't understand, and reading a bible verse will take care of that.

And I have no clue what looking at the cross does, besides remind me that many centuries ago, some people decided it was a good idea to use such a gruesome, morbid symbol to represent their dead savior... who was tortured and left to die, nailed to a wooden contraption designed to stand up so everyone could see. And their "god," supposedly his "father," had all this as part of his brilliant, loving plan. It's sick. It's insane.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255168 Dec 23, 2014
kent wrote:
<quoted text> The Catholic Church is THE number one Medical care giver to AIDS patients in the world.
What is your source for this claim? I have a feeling you will say something about The RNC running the majority of hospitals or some such, so this is how they allegedly "rescue gays."

But more importantly, how is it relevant to what we were discussing? AIDS does not equal gays, and gays does not equal AIDS. The vast majority of people with AIDS are not gay. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... HIV is a VIRUS, and viruses don't care what your sexual orientation is. It is not spontaneously created by "gay sex." It can be transmitted from anyone who carries it to anyone else, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Anyway, Brain G said something about "humane law." I want to know what "humane law" he thinks the Catholic Church should get credit for. I thought Congress was responsible for laws, not churches. I know the RNC believes it is appropriate for them to lobby for certain things, but when has the RNC ever lobbied for anything that specifically helped gays?

In fact they have spent a LOT of their money lobbying AGAINST LGBT causes and perpetuate that non-heterosexuals are bad and sinful people, among other hateful, ignorant lies. Of course, the Catholic church is not alone in this... they are even willing to jump into bed with Mormons and other groups when it comes to their anti-gay crusading.

“=”

Appleton WI

#255169 Dec 23, 2014
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated Thomas.
The Catholic Church is not good for my mental health. If I didn't leave I would've end up in some mental health ward or prison.
I was invited to join other faiths. There is no way I want to join any other religion or cult.
No person is going to talk me into going back to the Catholic Church.
Silly dogmas and teachings saying I will always be Catholic because of those invisible signs a priest and bishop put on my so call soul.
If they want the last word let them. I don't care!
Good for you. I'm happy for you that you've liberated yourself from that stuff. and recognize it's potential harm.

I still think it's fine to use the Holidays as an excuse to get together with family and friends and celebrate. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else here...

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#255170 Dec 24, 2014
Happy Holidays, Estelle and Thomas and all!

“=”

Appleton WI

#255171 Dec 26, 2014
Junket wrote:
Same to you Age!

Location hidden

#255172 Dec 27, 2014
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. I'm happy for you that you've liberated yourself from that stuff. and recognize it's potential harm.
I still think it's fine to use the Holidays as an excuse to get together with family and friends and celebrate. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else here...
Exactly....always grateful for family and friends at holiday gatherings.

Went to my older brother's place on the 25th . A full house. Talking about different stuff including going to church and about children taking part in some nativity scenes and concerts.
One of my nephew's ask me what Mass (Church) I went to. I replied I didn't go and left the church 3 years ago. He didn't expect that replied but just said that's okay.

Many family members may not like I left the Catholic Church but they still love me and include me which is nice.

Happy New Year Thomas!

Location hidden

#255173 Dec 27, 2014
Junket wrote:
Happy Holidays to you Junket!
PopeIsDemon

Winchester, KY

#255174 Dec 28, 2014
Many of the public actions of the Catholic church are deceptive. Since they are actually a sun religion wrapped in false images of Christianity, they have to have certain homosexual acts committed. That is why so many priests molest children and force nuns to be lesbians. This has been an ongoing reality for centuries. And documented testimonials are easily found in oop newspapers and articles going way back.

When the church says its against homosexuality, they are LIARS. They are trying to appeal to Christians to rope them into their false church. Think I am wrong? You willing to bet your life on it?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#255175 Dec 29, 2014
Christianity is on the side of the women, children and gays against the murders by the Islamist State. This is an issue of right and wrong where the Catholic Church is with civilization on the side of the right against attacks on innocent civilians and terror. Remember our neighbors who died in the twin towers, in the Pentagon and on our airlines, first things first.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255176 Jan 1, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that supposed to mean? I don't want to jump to conclusions about what you mean, but you have to admit it seems pretty nasty when Estelle has never been nasty to anyone here.
It wasn't nasty at all. Comments like "sacraficing herself to be groomed to be a saint for the RCC" and admitted obsession with the afterlife are strange. Also "being so at ease with invisible beings" that she ignored and had no interest in living people. These aren't rational thoughts and not normal behavior for kids who went to Catholic School.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255177 Jan 1, 2015
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to be missing is that your god allegedly created us all KNOWING that many of us would not perceive this supposed "connection" with him that he supposedly offered us all equally. He allegedly created this world KNOWING that all would fail and many innocent would suffer. Every single horrible tragedy that ever occurred and ever will, both personal and global, this god supposedly KNEW would occur... and therefore is RESPONSIBLE for ALL of it because he CREATED it.
Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, even if they have to contort and convolute things in order for them to make sense. I personally find it much more sane to NOT believe in the existence of this evil puppeteer.
What a NIGHTMARE to believe this most IMMORAL creature rules the universe like some badly written supervillain who preaches love while practicing death and destruction, confusion and chaos.... along with unbelievable self-centered vanity, a constant need to be praised and worshiped... smiting people for the tiniest offense.... there's just too much insane, psychotic crap that that this god is responsible for to find it the least bit believable.
I am not missing anything. I just don't believe anything that you do. What you call death and destruction I see as normal life happenings. We all die in one way or another. It is the nature of life. With out without God you can't escape that reality. God, for me, gives me a way to get through this temporary life in an accepting and peaceful way with the knowledge that our journey can lead to an eternity of true peace and harmony.

Some people do believe only what they see for themselves, doubting Thomas. Although these same people are quite willing to believe the randomness of earth and nature and never wonder why it is so perfect.

Location hidden

#255178 Jan 4, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't nasty at all. Comments like "sacraficing herself to be groomed to be a saint for the RCC" and admitted obsession with the afterlife are strange. Also "being so at ease with invisible beings" that she ignored and had no interest in living people. These aren't rational thoughts and not normal behavior for kids who went to Catholic School.
I will give more clarification on my post. I didn't ignored people around me. Throughout my life I was able to function like anyone else. I went to school, grew up, fell in love, got married, had children etc.. as well my spiritual life as a practicing Catholic also grew.

It's that spiritual inner side of me that eventually went haywire.

Of course, many Catholics take their spiritual life not that serious, as for me I did take it very serious and it was REAL. I read, I wrote, I did sing, sacrifice, prayed,....lived Catholicism with every part of my being for over 55yrs. That's a big part of my life history I will not deny "Ink".

If you you believe in this God that gives you a way of accepting this life with the knowledge your journey will lead you to eternity of true peace and harmony, that is what you have chosen and that's what works for you, I respect your decision. It's just not the path I choose to follow for myself in my senior years of life.

Remember, if anyone can understand where you are coming from "Ink" that would be me because of my personal long history as a practicing Catholic.
Ink

Lansdowne, PA

#255179 Jan 4, 2015
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give more clarification on my post. I didn't ignored people around me. Throughout my life I was able to function like anyone else. I went to school, grew up, fell in love, got married, had children etc.. as well my spiritual life as a practicing Catholic also grew.
It's that spiritual inner side of me that eventually went haywire.
Of course, many Catholics take their spiritual life not that serious, as for me I did take it very serious and it was REAL. I read, I wrote, I did sing, sacrifice, prayed,....lived Catholicism with every part of my being for over 55yrs. That's a big part of my life history I will not deny "Ink".
If you you believe in this God that gives you a way of accepting this life with the knowledge your journey will lead you to eternity of true peace and harmony, that is what you have chosen and that's what works for you, I respect your decision. It's just not the path I choose to follow for myself in my senior years of life.
Remember, if anyone can understand where you are coming from "Ink" that would be me because of my personal long history as a practicing Catholic.
I guess we are all different but I have been Catholic my whole life and have never felt that Catholicism asked of me what you felt was demanded. Do you still think one has to be such an extremist to be a believer?

Location hidden

#255180 Jan 4, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we are all different but I have been Catholic my whole life and have never felt that Catholicism asked of me what you felt was demanded. Do you still think one has to be such an extremist to be a believer?
I don't believe one needs to be an extremist to practice your Catholic faith. There many happy Catholics.

Many Catholic folks are just practicing Catholics in name only.The difference between SOME of them and me and I repeat SOME of them and me is that I chose not to be a pretend/fake Catholic. I just evolve from a believer to an unbeliever of Catholicism. I have no need to follow or join any other organize religion or cult.

It's a personal decision I made over three years time. I would never push my choice or views on others. My wish and hope is to be respected and not be discriminated against because of my choice of no religion.

I will let you in on a secret...whatever is said to me or about me on any website on the internet is nothing compared to what I face daily in my life surrounded by Christians that includes family members, relatives, friends and others.

Only another ex-Catholic would understand what I'm (somehow) going through.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#255181 Jan 5, 2015
NNY Estelle! I think everyone experiences life in a unique fashion. My being a former Catholic would not put me in a better position to understand what you are going through.

I'm still willing to re-think. If a Lady of Guadalupe appears, all bets off.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 27 min EdmondWA 45,146
Looking for a girlfriend for a married bi-sexual (Aug '08) 2 hr Pleasures feminin... 55
News Singer Greg Gould: 'I was told not to be too gay' 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Gay Pride just 'not black enough' 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Scientists reveal lesbians are MUCH more likely... 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 6
News Is your child a "prehomosexual"? Forecasting ad... (Sep '10) 4 hr Dr. Q 773
News Trans woman in Halifax questions if prejudice i... 4 hr Dr. Q 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 hr Constitution 101 24,775
More from around the web