Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Full Story

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251757 Apr 9, 2013
Estelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Thomas "Tre H"!
It's been a long time.
That movie "Prayers for Bobby" was a good one for me.
Being so religious way back then I could relate in SOME ways to the mother in the movie.
I'm so grateful my (gay) son is alive and did not take his life years ago.
I know you Thomas and June were a great help to me many years ago when I believed I was so alone dealing with this gay/homosexual issue.
Thomas you were correct when you told me that there would be good days and bad days for my son and I nevertheless, through time things will get better.
It's all true, it's been better now for a long time.
Thank-you!
Estelle
Hello, Estelle... nice to "see" you again. I'm glad that things are going well for you and your son.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251758 Apr 9, 2013
Addendum: Unless it's the quality of their OWN lives, of course. Ask them to step up to the societal responsibility to help society's weakest members, and actually contribute to their care in some way, and it's OH NO - THATS NOT MY JOB. I SAVED THEIR LIVES, THE REST IS UP TO THEM.

And they go merrily along, never letting an opportunity to bitch about the poor 'takers, leeches, and welfare hoes' pass them by, but refusing take any action.

Except, of course, to tell them "Get off my lawn," and incarcerate the thieves, vandals, drug users, and malcontents poverty generates year after year after year.....

Seems awfully 'convenient' to me...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#251759 Apr 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
There is a mouse that is designed by nature as an adult to keep having sex until it dies. It doesn't eat, rest, or sleep. It simply seeks out one female after another ejaculating it's sperm, until it dies from malnutrition and over-exertion.
That's nature's way.
Very informative, and so relevant to the topic... thanks for sharing.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#251760 Apr 9, 2013
[QUOTE who="dedbebbies Quality of life means nothing whatsoever to these people.[/QUOTE]

Unless it's their own lives. Then they want comforts galore, including being favorites of the gods.

Quesnel, Canada

#251761 Apr 9, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Very informative, and so relevant to the topic... thanks for sharing.

You're welcome.

God obviously wanted the mouse to die by screwing itself to death.

I wonder what Noah did with that one on the ark when it only had one female with which to mate? The female must have been perceived by Noah as an evil sinner, and a whore to boot.

Oh well, at least the female mouse wasn't expected to raise little mice for an army run by a hierarchy in a church.

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#251762 Apr 9, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
Addendum: Unless it's the quality of their OWN lives, of course. Ask them to step up to the societal responsibility to help society's weakest members, and actually contribute to their care in some way, and it's OH NO - THATS NOT MY JOB. I SAVED THEIR LIVES, THE REST IS UP TO THEM.
And they go merrily along, never letting an opportunity to bitch about the poor 'takers, leeches, and welfare hoes' pass them by, but refusing take any action.
Except, of course, to tell them "Get off my lawn," and incarcerate the thieves, vandals, drug users, and malcontents poverty generates year after year after year.....
Seems awfully 'convenient' to me...
With servants of "god" everything is convenient ... especially salvation. Apparently the god only loves those that first love the god and follow his every commandment.

Well, at least that's one of the ancient stories anyway.

Quesnel, Canada

#251763 Apr 9, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
Humans often have double standards.

Years ago a senior was berating those on welfare. A short while later, we were discussing how this certain person needed some financial assistance. When I asked her if she thought we should offer help, she immediately responded with an adamant ... "NO ... that's what the welfare system is for."

:)

Quesnel, Canada

#251764 Apr 9, 2013
Beginnings of the Qur'an

According to some traditions, upon receiving his first revelations Muhammad was deeply distressed.[74] After returning home, Muhammad was consoled and reassured by Khadijah and her Christian cousin, Waraqah ibn Nawfal.

In 615, some of Muhammad's followers emigrated to the Ethiopian Aksumite Empire and founded a small colony there under the protection of the Christian Ethiopian emperor A&#7779;&#7717;ama ibn Abjar.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad#Early_b ...
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#251765 Apr 9, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Beginnings of the Qur'an
According to some traditions, upon receiving his first revelations Muhammad was deeply distressed.[74] After returning home, Muhammad was consoled and reassured by Khadijah and her Christian cousin, Waraqah ibn Nawfal.
In 615, some of Muhammad's followers emigrated to the Ethiopian Aksumite Empire and founded a small colony there under the protection of the Christian Ethiopian emperor A&#7779;&#7717;ama ibn Abjar.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad#Early_b ...
'And they loaded up the truck and moved to Arabia.
Oil that is,black gold Texas tea.'

Quesnel, Canada

#251766 Apr 10, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>'And they loaded up the truck and moved to Arabia.
Oil that is,black gold Texas tea.'
Happiness IS!

Quesnel, Canada

#251768 Apr 10, 2013
As of now, I will only be on this thread ... but if I see those Catolics such as MichelleMC bragging about hairy old brutal ignorant men and subservient, perceived as evil (by the men) women of history being saints, I plan to be back over there in a flash.

"Saint of the day thread" ... indeed!

Silly, arrogant braggarts.

Quesnel, Canada

#251769 Apr 10, 2013
Catholics

Quesnel, Canada

#251770 Apr 10, 2013
More often than not, religious dogma gave people an EXCUSE to be sadists in the guise of supposed holiness.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book …“The Golden Bough” by James Frazer

Similarly in Bastar, a province in India,“If a man is adjudged guilty of witchcraft, he is beaten by the crowd, his hair is shaved, the hair being supposed to constitute his power of mischief, his front teeth are knocked out, in order, it is said, to prevent him from muttering incantations.

Quesnel, Canada

#251771 Apr 10, 2013
For century after century, those in religion tormented, tortured and burned homosexuals at the stake as evil-sinners.

The fact that tormenting, physically torturing, and burning other humans at the stake was NOT perceived as far worse in comprehension of decency, than two men or two women having consensual sex ... should make it plain that you should drop your religion as a nasty nasty blight and start (while you still are able) to treat homosexuals with respect.

If you don't smarten up, and there just happens to be some sense of real justice ... you might reap the horrors that you deserve for following such religion when your consciences KNEW better and you paid NO heed ... NO heed whatsoever!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#251772 Apr 10, 2013
And my guess is, the new pope is not going to give any support to the idea that homosexuals are NOT "intrinsically evil." He is caught in the web of lies promoted by previous popes, and those cardinals voted him in because they believed in him to support the same lies that were taught as truth for all those centuries.

What a shame that the followers so idolize the pomp and glory of the hierarchy to such an extent that they kiss the pope's ring-finger ... his ass, and any other part of his body they can reach, in hopes of purifying themselves for an imaginary "heaven."

What a shame!

Quesnel, Canada

#251773 Apr 10, 2013

The noted inquisitor Sprenger contented himself with shaving the head of the suspected witch or wizard; but his more thoroughgoing colleague Cumanus shaved the whole bodies of forty-seven women before committing them to the flames.

Quesnel, Canada

#251774 Apr 10, 2013
Words from an Atheist

I beg of my own conscience to spare me from religion, that I may treat others as I so desire to BE treated.

June VanDerMark
April 10, 2013

Quesnel, Canada

#251775 Apr 10, 2013
My desire is to understand more and more WHY women have abortions, and to never expect them to follow my path, realizing that their paths are their own ... NOT mine.

I beg of my conscience that I never look down on them, but rather support them in dire times of need for understanding ... that I will try my best to keep them alive, so they can go home to their families and in future maybe never have to make the difficult choices again of having abortions.

I wish for them that they feel no guilt after their abortions, being easy on themselves for being mortal humans where necessary choices often make life difficult.

I hope they pay no heed whatsoever to theologians that WANT them to feel guilt for the theologians' own agendas, when the theologians from my perspective should tend to their own messes and stop blathering idiocy based on nothing but fantasy.

I have yet much more to learn about why women have abortions, and that is my AIM.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#251776 Apr 10, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My desire is to understand more and more WHY women have abortions, and to never expect them to follow my path, realizing that their paths are their own ... NOT mine.
I beg of my conscience that I never look down on them, but rather support them in dire times of need for understanding ... that I will try my best to keep them alive, so they can go home to their families and in future maybe never have to make the difficult choices again of having abortions.
I wish for them that they feel no guilt after their abortions, being easy on themselves for being mortal humans where necessary choices often make life difficult.
I hope they pay no heed whatsoever to theologians that WANT them to feel guilt for the theologians' own agendas, when the theologians from my perspective should tend to their own messes and stop blathering idiocy based on nothing but fantasy.
I have yet much more to learn about why women have abortions, and that is my AIM.
Women have abortions for a variety of reasons, but most often, I suspect, because they no longer want to be pregnant. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but the only completely effective methods to prevent pregnancy are celibacy and sterility. Neither of those is prevalent. Maybe we should devote our collective energies to figuring out a way to make humans less sexual, or to reversibly sterilizing everyone at birth, requiring those who WANT to reproduce, to prove competence and means, before reversing it.

Sounds more effective to me.

Quesnel, Canada

#251777 Apr 10, 2013
This is the type of nonsense theologians wanted their devout followers of words to believe.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Among the ignorant classes of modern Europe the same confusion of ideas, the same mixture of religion and magic, crops up in various forms. Thus we are told that in France “the majority of the peasants still believe that the priest possesses a secret and irresistible power over the elements. By reciting certain prayers which he alone knows and has the right to utter, yet for the utterance of which he must afterwards demand absolution, he can, on an occasion of pressing danger, arrest or reverse for a moment the action of the eternal laws of the physical world. The winds, the storms, the hail, and the rain are at his command and obey his will. The fire also is subject to him, and the flames of a conflagration are extinguished at his word.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 5 min Bryan Fischer s H... 2,858
Obama calls on women only at news conference 7 min Jooy 3
Supreme Court Allows Same-Sex Marriage In Florida 11 min Jooy 1
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 12 min Bryan Fischer s H... 19
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 17 min WasteWater 26,711
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 18 min WasteWater 5,018
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 min Respect71 5,510
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 1 hr WeTheSheeple 18
TOWIE boys say Balls to Cancer by stripping NAK... 6 hr Mikey 14
More from around the web