Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216675 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#256018 Jul 1, 2015
Ink, I get the impression that you are looking forward to discrimination suits. Why?

Connecticut has 500+/- RC churches. Any lawsuits regarding SSM must have been small or quickly resolved. Hopefully, the same will be true for the other 49 states when more people realize that SSM is not a threat to anyone.

Has the Pope weighed in yet? He's a diplomat at heart - I would be interested in hearing his take.
Sherlayne

United States

#256019 Jul 1, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We will see how it all plays out and watch for all the discrimination suits. I am certainly not taking your guarantee for anything.
Tre, good post. a friend of mine, a no- it was jehovah's witness, got hired at the place where i worked, an ammo plant, but couldn't take the job because it involved fighting/defense, so she turned it down, what was the ammo plant to do? close down? no - it was her reponsibility to find another type of job. if it's against a pharmacists conscience, i.e., birth control,it'ts up to him/her to find a job his conscience will approve of.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#256020 Jul 1, 2015
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We will see how it all plays out and watch for all the discrimination suits. I am certainly not taking your guarantee for anything.
Fine. Hold on to your idiotic paranoia if it makes you feel better.

No doubt there WILL: be lawsuits. But a suit against a priest for refusing to preside over ANYONE'S wedding for ANY REASON, will never win, will probably be dismissed before it even gets to a court, and may even get someone in trouble for filing a "frivolous" lawsuit. Certainly any lawyer who knows their stuff would not even touch such a case.

As soon as you hear of such a case, and the plaintiff actually wins, please post the info here. I won't be holding my breath waiting for that.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256021 Jul 1, 2015
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Tre, good post. a friend of mine, a no- it was jehovah's witness, got hired at the place where i worked, an ammo plant, but couldn't take the job because it involved fighting/defense, so she turned it down, what was the ammo plant to do? close down? no - it was her reponsibility to find another type of job. if it's against a pharmacists conscience, i.e., birth control,it'ts up to him/her to find a job his conscience will approve of.
I agree.

But in some situations I'm hovering closer to the fence a bit. For example, a bakery. Bakeries aren't religious institutions even if the owners are religious. They shouldn't be able to discriminate against their customers based on anything like race, gender, religion, sexual orientation... etc.

They're in the business of making and selling baked goods to customers who are able and willing to pay for them. None of that other stuff should have any bearing on this simple business transaction.

But if a business discriminates for any of these reasons, those discriminated against should take their business elsewhere anyway. Just as you don't want a priest who thinks a same sex marriage is an abomination to officiate at your wedding (if you're a same sex couple), you also don't want to cater it with food made by someone equally as bigoted.

The problems usually arise AFTER an agreement was already made, and then someone changes their mind about it. But these kinds of suits are a bit more in the gray area to me. It's tricky. There are circumstances where businesses should be allowed to refuse service to certain patrons, but it should not be just because they don't like someone, or they don't like their religion or their "lifestyle" or their hair color, or whatever.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#256022 Jul 1, 2015
Government licensed sex segregated marriage is the death of American religious freedom.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256023 Jul 1, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
Government licensed sex segregated marriage is the death of American religious freedom.
Yeah, like overturning separate but equal law was the death of religious freedom, and striking down laws against miscegenation shut down churches and forced the KKK to bless said marriages.

Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka and Loving v. Virginia was the unraveling of your religious freedom...

Because discrimination lawsuits poured in, all over the United States, forcing churches and clergy to betray their faith.

Don't you remember the time the local sheriff came to your house, cuffed you, took you to a gay wedding and force fed you the cake? Made you kiss both grooms, too!

Good times, huh?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256024 Jul 1, 2015
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like overturning separate but equal law was the death of religious freedom, and striking down laws against miscegenation shut down churches and forced the KKK to bless said marriages.
Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka and Loving v. Virginia was the unraveling of your religious freedom...
Because discrimination lawsuits poured in, all over the United States, forcing churches and clergy to betray their faith.
Don't you remember the time the local sheriff came to your house, cuffed you, took you to a gay wedding and force fed you the cake? Made you kiss both grooms, too!
Good times, huh?
No, this is like government licensing sex segregated marriage, it is the opposite of integration, equality and unity.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#256025 Jul 2, 2015
I remembered many years ago a Catholic priest said he would probably be forced to marry gay couples in the near future.

I asked my son (who is gay) about it. Without hesitation my son told me that was just fear propaganda this Catholic priest was spreading. I should NOT fall for it. Back then I was still a practicing Catholic.

Tre H (Thomas) your posts explained the equal rights issues so clearly but many Catholics and other religious folks still have this persecution complex.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256026 Jul 2, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is like government licensing sex segregated marriage, it is the opposite of integration, equality and unity.
No, this is like the SCOTUS ruling that SSM shall be legal in all 50 states. It is the opposite of segregation, inequality, and disunity.

In states where SSM was legalized, before the SCOTUS ruling, name ONE church or clergy person who was forced to preside over a wedding or ceremony of any kind. Forced. Has it happened?

No, it has not. Your religious freedom is intact.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256027 Jul 2, 2015
Now, abortion and gay marriage share the same status.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256028 Jul 2, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
Now, abortion and gay marriage share the same status.
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays...

Pope Francis has ended the "War". Didn't you get the memo? He thinks you have better things to do.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256029 Jul 3, 2015
The left's media is the aggressor against the Catholic Church. Pope Francis was selected to appease the left.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256030 Jul 3, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
The left's media is the aggressor against the Catholic Church. Pope Francis was selected to appease the left.
The war is over. Women and Gays won.

Pope Francis is a puppet for the left, ya say? Well, he's infallible, ya know. So Catholics are gonna have to toe his line. Stop attacking women and gays. Get with the program. The Pope SAID!

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256031 Jul 3, 2015
ISIS kills women and gays, not me OR the Catholic Church.
Sherlayne

United States

#256032 Jul 3, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
the rcc is killing itself! i used to be catholic and i find it kind of sad.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#256033 Jul 3, 2015
I'm sorry for your loss of faith; I find it sad too.

The rcc opposes euthanasia, suicide, abortion and murder, I respect and love the rcc.

“=”

Appleton WI

#256034 Jul 6, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is like government licensing sex segregated marriage, it is the opposite of integration, equality and unity.
No.

You clearly don't understand the concepts of segregation, integration, or equality. You seem to think they mean the opposite of what they actually mean. You're mistaken.

Same sex couples are not "sex segregated," nor would only allowing opposite sex couples to marry be either "sex integrated" or an example of "equality."

Also, same sex couples marrying is, in part, an EXAMPLE of "religious freedom," quite far from your asinine claim that it's the END of religious freedom. No one's buying this absolute nonsense.

A same sex couple marrying does not infringe on ANYONE'S religious freedom, or any rights whatsoever... it just bothers bigots when people they don't like get to do the same things everybody else is allowed to do. DEAL with it.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#256035 Jul 7, 2015
Well said, Thomas.

On a different note - bye bye Confederate flag. You originally meant to portray southern pride; but now you've become a symbol of intolerance and hatred. Off to the museum, where you now belong.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256036 Jul 8, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
Change the subject?

K.

ISIS is like killer ants. They kill anything in their way.

Now, give an example of the government forcing any church or clergy to host or preside over any ceremony (doesn't have to be a gay wedding --- could be anything), or forced it to use its facilities, its buildings, its baseball diamond, or even its parking lot.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#256037 Jul 8, 2015
Brian_G wrote:
I'm sorry for your loss of faith; I find it sad too.
The rcc opposes euthanasia, suicide, abortion and murder, I respect and love the rcc.
Yeah, right, so how does SSM change the RCC's dogma? Or Mormon dogma -- they're against homosexuality too.

You really believe the government is going to force the Mormons to open their Temple to the public?

See, I'm not Mormon. Pretty much disagree with the religion, as a whole, but I'd be the first to stand up for their right to keep non-Mormons out of their holy places.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 35 min Sceptical-Mal 25,319
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 2 hr guest 1,515
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Respect71 48,147
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 5 hr Rose_NoHo 5,643
News Judge won't hear gay adoptions because it's not... 5 hr The Troll Stopper 2
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 6 hr NE Jade 4
News Poll finds more than half in Sussex County supp... (Jan '12) 7 hr straight man 2
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 9 hr Rose_NoHo 171
More from around the web