Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 219900 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252638 Jun 7, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have said you claimed Svaha and June to be gay if I hadn't read it in your posts... and I see that Svaha has found the one where you called her a sick queer, etc. I don't really need to go any further searching for the posts that make clear that YOU are the liar here. The proof is right in your posts that I did not make any of this up.
You weren't supposed to notice

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252639 Jun 7, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't supposed to notice
It amazes me that people accuse others of lying on a forum when the posts are there for all to see that THEY are the liar. It would not, however, amaze me to learn that concerned expat was running for congress... republican, of course ;)

ooh, I can't wait to see what grade I get ;o
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252640 Jun 8, 2013

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#252642 Jun 10, 2013
I wonder about the mentality of people like Fred Phelps, Pat Robertson, Michele Bachmann, etc, who believe that when disasters and tragedies happen, they are because god is angry and punishing us... and then they proceed to tell us they somehow know exactly what god is angry about and punishing us for.

Assuming one believes in a god, did this god not give us free will, and are we not to be judged and rewarded or punished AFTER our lives on earth?

Isn't ETERNAL damnation enough of a punishment?

And does this god have such poor aim or care so little that millions of innocents get caught up in his fits of wrath and rage?

I guess I shouldn't expect any of it to make any rational. logical sense.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252643 Jun 10, 2013
Tre H wrote:
I wonder about the mentality of people like Fred Phelps, Pat Robertson, Michele Bachmann, etc, who believe that when disasters and tragedies happen, they are because god is angry and punishing us... and then they proceed to tell us they somehow know exactly what god is angry about and punishing us for.
Assuming one believes in a god, did this god not give us free will, and are we not to be judged and rewarded or punished AFTER our lives on earth?
And does this god have such poor aim or care so little that millions of innocents get caught up in his fits of wrath and rage?
A Human's Life Begins at Fertilization
"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
"Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism.... At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), a new life has begun.... The term embryo covers the several stages of early development from conception to the ninth or tenth week of life."
[Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943]
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]
"Zygote. This cell, formed by the union of an ovum and a sperm (Gr. zyg tos, yoked together), represents the beginning of a human being. The common expression 'fertilized ovum' refers to the zygote."
[Moore, Keith L. and Persaud, T.V.N. Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects. 4th edition. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1993, p. 1]
"Although life is a continuous process, fertilization is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed.... The combination of 23 chromosomes present in each pronucleus results in 46 chromosomes in the zygote. Thus the diploid number is restored and the embryonic genome is formed. The embryo now exists as a genetic unity."
[O'Rahilly, Ronan and Müller, Fabiola. Human Embryology & Teratology. 2nd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 1996, pp. 8, 29. This textbook lists "pre-embryo" among "discarded and replaced terms" in modern embryology, describing it as "ill-defined and inaccurate" (p. 12}]
"Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)... The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual."
[Carlson, Bruce M. Patten's Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3]
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252644 Jun 10, 2013
Tre H wrote:
Scary world out there and people are afraid. The Phelps', the Robertson's, the Bachmann's, religions, etc etc take advantage of people's fears for their own financial gain and power. If there IS a god, if there IS eternal damnation I sure would hate to be in their shoes when they have to answer to god why they USED god in such a manner. I happen to believe in god and I do hope s/he'd save me from her/his followers as I don't think there's anything to fear from god:-)
Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252645 Jun 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
A Human's Life Begins at Fertilization
"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
"Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism.... At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), a new life has begun.... The term embryo covers the several stages of early development from conception to the ninth or tenth week of life."
[Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand's Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943]
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]
"Zygote. This cell, formed by the union of an ovum and a sperm (Gr. zyg tos, yoked together), represents the beginning of a human being. The common expression 'fertilized ovum' refers to the zygote."
[Moore, Keith L. and Persaud, T.V.N. Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects. 4th edition. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1993, p. 1]
"Although life is a continuous process, fertilization is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new, genetically distinct human organism is thereby formed.... The combination of 23 chromosomes present in each pronucleus results in 46 chromosomes in the zygote. Thus the diploid number is restored and the embryonic genome is formed. The embryo now exists as a genetic unity."
[O'Rahilly, Ronan and Müller, Fabiola. Human Embryology & Teratology. 2nd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss, 1996, pp. 8, 29. This textbook lists "pre-embryo" among "discarded and replaced terms" in modern embryology, describing it as "ill-defined and inaccurate" (p. 12}]
"Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)... The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual."
[Carlson, Bruce M. Patten's Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3]
and the point of the biology lesson is??????
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252646 Jun 10, 2013
Svaha wrote:
<quoted text>
and the point of the biology lesson is??????
Because humans have the right to life. Abortion is a crime against humanity.
Supreme Court Approved

Chicago, IL

#252647 Jun 10, 2013
Wolfgang E B wrote:
OMG! This thread is still going?! That's epic. I haven't been around here much since 2008. Thought I'd drop back in for awhile.
Okay so, back on topic: Indeed, the Catholic Church is still waging war on women and gays.
You call yourself "Queer Power?"

Look up Antoni Gaudi--the greatest architect and artist of all time--his building designs are hundreds of years beyond what today's computers can do.

The greatest tourist attraction in the entire world is being finished in Barcelona. Do you know what it is? Have you seen it?

He was Catholic.

So were:

Shakespeare
Dante
Michelangelo

I like to listen to:

Take Five, Dave Brubeck
The Rite of Spring, Igor Stravinsky

Anyway, when you lose in the US Supreme Court, when the law on you is carved in stone forever, you'll know who you were beaten by.

There are 6 Catholics on the US Supreme Court.
truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#252648 Jun 10, 2013
Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all mankind! There is no other path to eternal life except by the Son!

Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!
truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#252649 Jun 10, 2013
Gays and the feministas are the ones waging war against the world.

They will lose in the final conflict that is coming.

Jesus returns in all His Glory with His Heavenly Host of Angels to defeat evil in this world.

Floods in Europe. Oh yeah! It's coming down now.
truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#252650 Jun 10, 2013
Tens of thousands rally in Dublin against Ireland’s proposed abortion law

The University Hospital Galway is seen near a statue of St Patrick in Galway, Ireland November 15, 2012. REUTERS/Cathal McNaughton)

Thousands of people rallied in central Dublin on Saturday against the government’s plan to allow limited access to abortion where a woman’s life is in danger.

Organisers said more than 40,000 massed outside government offices in the capital for the “National Vigil for Life”, making it the largest anti-abortion demonstration in Ireland’s history.

Ministers have agreed draft legislation to allow for limited access to abortion in cases where a woman’s life is at risk, including the threat of suicide, but the proposal has divided the ruling coalition.

“The turnout today shows that the middle ground of Irish opinion is increasingly concerned about the government’s abortion legislation,” Pro Life Campaign spokeswoman Caroline Simons told a crowd waving colored balloons and placards.

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2013/06/1...
truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#252651 Jun 10, 2013
Archbishop Chaput ask for the bodies of Gosnell's victims to lay them to rest

http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2013/06...

Requiescat in pace.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#252652 Jun 10, 2013
40,000 out of 4.58 million. Hardly a "majority". It's not even one percent of the population.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#252653 Jun 10, 2013
But it sure is a lot!
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#252654 Jun 10, 2013
Federal elections were held in Germany on 5 March 1933. The Nazis registered a large increase in votes, again emerging as the largest party by far. Nevertheless they failed to obtain an absolute majority in their own right, needing the votes of their coalition partner, the DNVP German National People's Party, or "Black-White-Red-Struggle -Front," for a working majority. Thanks to the success in the poll, party leader Adolf Hitler – appointed Chancellor since 30 January – was able to pass the Enabling Act on 23 March, which effectively gave him the power of a dictator.
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#252655 Jun 11, 2013
truth prevails wrote:
Tens of thousands rally in Dublin against Ireland’s proposed abortion law
The University Hospital Galway is seen near a statue of St Patrick in Galway, Ireland November 15, 2012. REUTERS/Cathal McNaughton)
Thousands of people rallied in central Dublin on Saturday against the government’s plan to allow limited access to abortion where a woman’s life is in danger.
Organisers said more than 40,000 massed outside government offices in the capital for the “National Vigil for Life”, making it the largest anti-abortion demonstration in Ireland’s history.
Ministers have agreed draft legislation to allow for limited access to abortion in cases where a woman’s life is at risk, including the threat of suicide, but the proposal has divided the ruling coalition.
“The turnout today shows that the middle ground of Irish opinion is increasingly concerned about the government’s abortion legislation,” Pro Life Campaign spokeswoman Caroline Simons told a crowd waving colored balloons and placards.
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2013/06/1...
As Zealots in Ireland War against Women The same War against Women is Happening in America

Republican leaders eager to reject criticism that they are waging a “war on women” should read the legislation that their members endorsed last week.

On Tuesday, all six G.O.P. members of the all-male Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Civil Justice voted to approve a blatantly unconstitutional bill that would ban all abortions performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy, with only a narrow exception to save a pregnant woman’s life.

It contains no exception for rape or incest victims, to protect a woman whose health is endangered, or for cases of severe fetal anomalies.

All four Democrats on the committee voted against the measure, technically an expansion of a bill that Representative Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican, introduced last month to restrict reproductive health services for women residing in Washington, D.C.

In their zeal to chip away at Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court ruling that recognized women’s right to terminate a pregnancy until the fetus is viable outside the womb — generally understood to occur around the 24th week — the Republicans were undeterred by the fact that the courts have already struck down similar state bans, including one enacted in Mr. Franks’ home state.

Nor did they appear to care that their rationale — that fetuses can feel pain after 20 weeks — is medically dubious.

The bill now advances to the full Judiciary Committee, where, unfortunately, it is likely to be approved.

The subcommittee’s action should have been enough damage for one week.

But on Thursday, the House passed a Homeland Security Appropriations bill containing a Republican amendment that would go a step beyond the current, restrictive federal policy regarding the ability of women held in immigration detention centers to access abortion services.

The extreme provision, which the Senate should firmly reject, could be read to allow an employee with no medical training to decide whether or not a woman’s pregnancy is “life-threatening,” and to grant leeway to refuse to facilitate an abortion even then.

THey all seem to have convinced themselves that women can not decide what is best for themselves--that men must make decisions for women lest women become an equal to men

Economist

Buffalo, NY

#252656 Jun 11, 2013
truth prevails wrote:
Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all mankind! There is no other path to eternal life except by the Son!
Praise to you Lord Jesus Christ!
Just who told you that?

What was their reason for making you believe such notions?

Think for yourself--- you are not beyond hope of freeing you mind from such superstitions

Economist

Buffalo, NY

#252657 Jun 11, 2013
Can anyone not see why "concerned" is an "expat"?

Such a person would be expatriated from anyplace that values common decency.

Svaha

Tampa, FL

#252658 Jun 11, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Because humans have the right to life. Abortion is a crime against humanity.
If you feel that way don't have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 4 min Rainbow Kid 603
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 min Fa-Foxy 12,984
2016 NOM DC March for Marriage FAIL 30 min Fa-Foxy 3
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 34 min Roscoe 52
News Pride parade steps off in New York in Orlando's... 37 min Roscoe 7
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 49 min Gov Corbutt of th... 901
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Pietro Armando 37,261
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 1 hr Fa-Foxy 28
More from around the web