Catholic Church Waging War on Women a...

Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays

There are 216668 comments on the Fables of the reconstruction story from Oct 30, 2007, titled Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays. In it, Fables of the reconstruction reports that:

“Pharmacists must seek to raise people's awareness so that all human beings are protected from conception to natural death, and so that medicines truly play a therapeutic role”

Pope Benedict XVI said Monday that pharmacists have a right to use conscientious objection to avoid dispensing emergency contraception or euthanasia drugs - and told them they should also inform patients of the ... via Fables of the reconstruction

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fables of the reconstruction.

zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#253854 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are regurgitating more words from yet more theologians in more religions?
I suggest religion was and is all bunk.
I suggest that comparing Catholicism to other denominations of Christianity, such as Protestant or Lutheran might have more meaning. While comparing Christianity to other religions such as Buddhism or Judaism might be more prudent.
zef

Marina Del Rey, CA

#253855 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No he actually appeared to hundreds of people. How else would they believe Him?
The Sermon on the Mount is the longest piece of teaching from Jesus in the New Testament, and occupies chapters 5, 6 and 7 of the Gospel of Matthew. The Sermon has been one of the most widely quoted elements of the Canonical Gospels. To most believers in Jesus, the Sermon contains the central tenets of Christian discipleship.
This is the first of the Five Discourses of Matthew, the other four being Matthew 10, Matthew 13 (1-53), Matthew 18 and the Olivet discourse in Matthew 24.
The Sermon takes place relatively early in the Ministry of Jesus, after he has been baptized by John the Baptist in chapter 3 of Matthew and gathered his first disciples in chapter 4.
Before this episode, Jesus had been "all about Galilee" preaching, as in Matthew 4:23, and "great crowds followed him" from all around the area. The setting for the sermon is given in Matthew 5:1-2. Jesus sees the multitudes, goes up into the mountain, is followed by his disciples, and begins to preach.

According to the Gospels, when Jesus heard that John the Baptist had been killed, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place near Bethsaida. The Gospel of John specifically indicates these events occurred close to but prior to the Passover Feast (John 6:4).
The crowds followed Jesus on foot from the towns. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick. As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food."
Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."
"We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish," they answered.
"Bring them here to me," he said.
Jesus directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

The Feeding of the 5,000 appears in the Gospels of Mark and Matthew, is also known as the "miracle of the seven loaves and fishes" given that the Gospel of Matthew refers to seven loaves and a few small fish used by Jesus to feed a multitude.
The Church of the Multiplication in Tabgha is the site where some Christians believe the miracle to have taken place.
According to the Gospels, a large crowd had gathered and was following Jesus. Jesus called his disciples to him and said:
"I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way."
His disciples answered:
"Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?"
"How many loaves do you have?" Jesus asked.
"Seven," they replied, "and a few small fish."
"Jesus told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was four thousand, besides women and children. After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan."
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Chilliwack, Canada

#253856 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm happy for you.
Are you HAPPY that I am not a Catholic???

:)
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253857 Sep 5, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that comparing Catholicism to other denominations of Christianity, such as Protestant or Lutheran might have more meaning. While comparing Christianity to other religions such as Buddhism or Judaism might be more prudent.
To be Lutheran IS Protestant ... and they all toot their own horns as knowing the one and only truth on earth.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253858 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No he actually appeared to hundreds of people. How else would they believe Him?
Do you believe that other saviors appeared to those in other religions???

My guess is ... you don't! Yet you want me to believe YOUR story is based on truth.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253859 Sep 5, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The Sermon on the Mount is the longest piece of teaching from Jesus in the New Testament, and occupies chapters 5, 6 and 7 of the Gospel of Matthew. The Sermon has been one of the most widely quoted elements of the Canonical Gospels. To most believers in Jesus, the Sermon contains the central tenets of Christian discipleship.
This is the first of the Five Discourses of Matthew, the other four being Matthew 10, Matthew 13 (1-53), Matthew 18 and the Olivet discourse in Matthew 24.
The Sermon takes place relatively early in the Ministry of Jesus, after he has been baptized by John the Baptist in chapter 3 of Matthew and gathered his first disciples in chapter 4.
Before this episode, Jesus had been "all about Galilee" preaching, as in Matthew 4:23, and "great crowds followed him" from all around the area. The setting for the sermon is given in Matthew 5:1-2. Jesus sees the multitudes, goes up into the mountain, is followed by his disciples, and begins to preach.
According to the Gospels, when Jesus heard that John the Baptist had been killed, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place near Bethsaida. The Gospel of John specifically indicates these events occurred close to but prior to the Passover Feast (John 6:4).
The crowds followed Jesus on foot from the towns. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick. As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a remote place, and it's already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food."
Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat."
"We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish," they answered.
"Bring them here to me," he said.
Jesus directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
The Feeding of the 5,000 appears in the Gospels of Mark and Matthew, is also known as the "miracle of the seven loaves and fishes" given that the Gospel of Matthew refers to seven loaves and a few small fish used by Jesus to feed a multitude.
The Church of the Multiplication in Tabgha is the site where some Christians believe the miracle to have taken place.
According to the Gospels, a large crowd had gathered and was following Jesus. Jesus called his disciples to him and said:
"I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way."
His disciples answered:
"Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?"
"How many loaves do you have?" Jesus asked.
"Seven," they replied, "and a few small fish."
"Jesus told the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was four thousand, besides women and children. After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan."
When you sermonize, do you in turn receive a THRILL???

June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253860 Sep 5, 2013
Superstition is silly stuff in deed!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Medicinal days. In ancient practice, the 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 18th, etc., of a disease; so called because according to HIPPOCRATES NO CRISIS occurs on these days and medicine may be safely administered.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253861 Sep 5, 2013
A religious debate with Tony Blair saw the Roman Catholic former prime minister argue that religion was a force for good, while Hitchens countered that religion required that we "are created sick and then ordered to be well".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-...
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253862 Sep 5, 2013
I suggest that most people suffer so much on earth, they can't go on unless they believe that there will be some reward FOR all the suffering that will in turn come to them in a hereafter.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

Florence had made sense out of life by developing a strong Catholic faith, which continues to sustain her to this day.‘It’s really worse than death,’ she decided quite early on,‘living a hellish life. There has to be something beyond it, just for the fairness of the thing.’
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253863 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so resentful that some Jews followed Jesus who they believed was the Messiah promised to them by God?
It's the Jews (faithful to Judaism) who are resentful at the ex-Jew Catholics for claiming that Jesus was the real messiah who supposedly came to earth to save ONLY Catholics.

And from my perspective they have every right to be resentful of such lies.

Of course from my perspective their own lies are no better, but as do other people that value their own religious cults ... THEY also brag that they KNOW the one and only truth on planet earth.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253864 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you HAPPY that I am not a Catholic???
Whatever makes you happy makes me happy for you.
Ink

Drexel Hill, PA

#253865 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that other saviors appeared to those in other religions???
My guess is ... you don't! Yet you want me to believe YOUR story is based on truth.
I am not aware of those stories. Fill me in.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253866 Sep 5, 2013
Jews at one time believed in multiple gods. Then some of them decided one god was better than many gods and so into the imaginations of those branched-off Jewish theologians came the story that Jehovah created THEM as his chosen few.

With pens in hand they wrote the old testament ... and more "Blah, Blah, Blah" was the name of THEIR unique and superficial game.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253867 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever makes you happy makes me happy for you.
Do you still believe that for not being Catholic, I will spend eternity in hell???

After all ... that is REAL Catholicism ... not at all watered down.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253868 Sep 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not aware of those stories. Fill me in.
How many more times would you find it necessary for me to post them before you DO become aware of those other stories??? Five ... ten ... a thousand times ... maybe???
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253869 Sep 5, 2013
The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism.

Reinhold Niebuhr ... theologian
Peaches

Houston, TX

#253870 Sep 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians never seemed to have the common sense to ask why a Jewish god would send his only beloved Jewish son to earth to be murdered, so that only Christians could be rewarded with eternal bliss in a hereafter.
Jews were left right OUT of that salvation picture and yet the savior his self is made out to be a faithful Jew.
Humans are idiots.
You're human too June. I didn't call you a idiot you say that.
Peaches

Houston, TX

#253871 Sep 5, 2013
Isn't it strange how June forgot she is human to. Calling humans idiots makes June a idiot to.
Peaches

Houston, TX

#253872 Sep 5, 2013
So long.
June VanDerMark

Chilliwack, Canada

#253873 Sep 5, 2013
Peaches wrote:
<quoted text>You're human too June. I didn't call you a idiot you say that.
I agree that I'm an idiot. It took me 70 years to get out from being under the spell of idiot theologians.

Had I been aware of their con jobs, I would never have believed ANYTHING they preached whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min yehoshooah adam 52,226
News LGBT outrage over Trump ban on transgender mili... 3 min Aronald 13
News 'Revolutionary': Study of gay couples shows HIV... 6 min Aronald 12
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 7 min Messianically 516
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 8 min Freedomofexpression 7,041
News Trump bans transgender people from military 17 min defeat Maxine Warren 44
News Protesters gather against Trump ban on transgen... 37 min Tokyo Rose 7
News Blood donation rules relaxed for gay men and se... 1 hr RalphB 36
News Study: 12,000 acts of condomless gay sex, 0 HIV... 2 hr Aronald 44
More from around the web